Chat Thread 43: Good Ol' ArcWolves' Club (Voting's hard,OK?)

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: Chat Thread 43: Good Ol' ArcWolves' Club (Voting's hard,OK?)

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Which I think too longer than realizing that who they were burning were innocent people.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:40 am At least with a giant marshmallow you could go and light it on fire and that solves your problem by burning it to a crisp but the last time I checked its frowned upon to set people on fire.
Yeah but then that adds the problem of cooking marshmallows wrong.

(Fight me.)
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Sleet wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:51 am
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:40 am At least with a giant marshmallow you could go and light it on fire and that solves your problem by burning it to a crisp but the last time I checked its frowned upon to set people on fire.

(Fight me.)
Guess you've heard of s'mores ;)
Disproportionately Dappled
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So you are saying that marshmallows are people and that every single s'more that I have eaten over the last couple of years I have been alive has been a person?

Well I guess that makes me a serial killer then. :geek:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

No, burning corn flakes makes you a "cereal killer!" HeeHeeHeeHeeHeeHee.......... :oops:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That joke was so bad not even vultures would eat it. LOL
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:40 pm No, burning corn flakes makes you a "cereal killer!" HeeHeeHeeHeeHeeHee.......... :oops:
Now that's a "corny" joke ;)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

What does Caspar have for breakfast? "Ghost" Toastees. Ahahahahahahahahahahahahhahah............ :oops: :oops:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Please stop. These jokes stink more than an abandoned cow pasture.
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

NHWestoN wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:41 pm What does Caspar have for breakfast? "Ghost" Toastees. Ahahahahahahahahahahahahhahah............ :oops: :oops:
Don't you mean ghostees? :P

I got one.

What do you get when you cross a steam engine with bubblegum?

A chew-chew train.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If you people don't stop I'll be forced to douse everything in gasoline and burn it to the ground.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:32 am If you people don't stop I'll be forced to douse everything in gasoline and burn it to the ground.
That's an "incendiary" comment Amazee :lol:
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Fiery, certainly.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If bad jokes and puns could kill people that heard it, then the several or so forumers that posted in here would be dead.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:44 pm If bad jokes and puns could kill people that heard it, then the several or so forumers that posted in here would be dead.
Would that make my jokes "dead" good? (sorry, I'll stop now :-) )
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Moving on from this because I cannot roll my eyes any harder.

Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of my grandmother's death (or the day that hospital negligence killed her) and we were supposed to go to church to have a service and then meet at my grandaunt's house for pastry but since we have a massive Nor'Easter coming I don't know if we are still doing that.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:15 pm Moving on from this because I cannot roll my eyes any harder.

Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of my grandmother's death (or the day that hospital negligence killed her) and we were supposed to go to church to have a service and then meet at my grandaunt's house for pastry but since we have a massive Nor'Easter coming I don't know if we are still doing that.
Hope your family gathering went well.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It went as well as could be expected which was not really the best as it was only us and my grandmother's sister with her husband and nobody else came because of the snow. We even had to cancel a gathering afterwards because of it. The icing on the cake is that when we got home we had to get out and shovel because we couldn't get into our steep *** driveway.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hope we have some restaurants left when this pestilence ends.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:31 pm Hope we have some restaurants left when this pestilence ends.
Me too, and pubs, some good ones in our local neighbourhood not chain ones.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

We might have some local restaurants that are still open in our state but for us it wouldn't matter since we live so far from almost all of them.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

The local restaurants, I frequent are doing okay, they were fortunately able to make do with takeout and delivery and our gov has opened restaurants for limited indoor dining, hopefully they’ll continue to be okay. There aren’t that many chain restaurants so that helps.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You know its sad when I know more about the CHAIN restaurants the state has rather than the local restaurants. :roll:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

DDeer wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:30 am
Sleet wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:51 am

(Fight me.)
Guess you've heard of s'mores ;)
The ones you roast, not burn~
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

S'more or less, yeah. ;)
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

Apologies for not being so active lately! We're kinda in the middle of a once-in-a-generation winter storm here in Texas. All 256 counties in the state under a winter storm warning, wind chill warnings in Houston for the first time EVER - you'd think the world was ending! I was talking with a friend from Poland about what's going on, and he couldn't believe we were losing our minds over what's a normal occurrence for him.

Anyway, 4 inches of snow overnight with 11 total expected over the next 3 days. Fun!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

CuriousCnidarian wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:34 pm Apologies for not being so active lately! We're kinda in the middle of a once-in-a-generation winter storm here in Texas. All 256 counties in the state under a winter storm warning, wind chill warnings in Houston for the first time EVER - you'd think the world was ending! I was talking with a friend from Poland about what's going on, and he couldn't believe we were losing our minds over what's a normal occurrence for him.

Anyway, 4 inches of snow overnight with 11 total expected over the next 3 days. Fun!
Yeah, I've seen the news. We're waitin' our turn here in New England.
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

Well, I've got a bit of an update here. Monday was fine, but cold. Tuesday got a bit icy and some folks lost power, but still all was mostly fine.

Today, however, things got crazy. Lots of ice overnight and pretty much every tree on campus lost about half it's foliage. Campus, as well as a large part of the city, lost power for several hours, and oh yeah there's also a boil-water notice in effect since the water pressure's so low. My church and its student center on the far north end of campus kept power all day, so I spent most of the day there. I actually had lunch there, and then slogged back to my dorm on the far south end of campus where I planned to rest a bit, only to find the power had gone out no less than 30 minutes prior. I thought that since it was still warm there I could change into dry socks and rest up a bit, but then the fire alarm went off. I put my earbuds in to protect my ears and tried to play some music, which only came in fits and spurts due to the bad cell service.

And let me tell ya, standing in my dark, power-less dorm with everything icy and silent outside, with the fire alarm blaring and a rather morose song playing in fits and sports - well, the whole thing was rather surreal and an experience I shan't soon forget.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Reminds me of the time a few years ago we lost power for FIVE days and just recently when we lost power at the new house it was for THREE days. I was so bored the only thing I could do was sleep and pray the power came back on when I awoke.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

CuriousCnidarian wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:58 am Well, I've got a bit of an update here. Monday was fine, but cold. Tuesday got a bit icy and some folks lost power, but still all was mostly fine.

Today, however, things got crazy. Lots of ice overnight and pretty much every tree on campus lost about half it's foliage. Campus, as well as a large part of the city, lost power for several hours, and oh yeah there's also a boil-water notice in effect since the water pressure's so low. My church and its student center on the far north end of campus kept power all day, so I spent most of the day there. I actually had lunch there, and then slogged back to my dorm on the far south end of campus where I planned to rest a bit, only to find the power had gone out no less than 30 minutes prior. I thought that since it was still warm there I could change into dry socks and rest up a bit, but then the fire alarm went off. I put my earbuds in to protect my ears and tried to play some music, which only came in fits and spurts due to the bad cell service.

And let me tell ya, standing in my dark, power-less dorm with everything icy and silent outside, with the fire alarm blaring and a rather morose song playing in fits and sports - well, the whole thing was rather surreal and an experience I shan't soon forget.
Yeah, that's ...... nuts.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

So, there’s a drawing I really want to work on, but I’ve spent the most of that as of the time of this writing almost five hours looking for reasons to not work on it. Also didn’t help that after getting like 15% sketched, I decided it would look horrible so I scrapped it. Then I pull up some references, and they’re not what I wholly want to pose from.

Worst part is, I have these feelings almost daily, and I feel like I wasted my entire day.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know exactly what you mean. When I try to work on something but it doesn't come out the way I like it and I trash it I feel like that is a whole day ruined.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Keep at it D-Rock, sometimes you just have to rip it up and start again, I'm sure you'll crack the pose eventually, I think no day is wasted even if all you learned is how not to draw that particular drawing. I often think with good drawings and paintings what people don't see are all the other attempts the artist made and/or discarded along the way, it's interesting now they can x-ray old paintings how often there were major changes along the way when creating these "masterpieces".

Daunted
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Even when you draw and scrap it, you still get practice and improve! You're never wasting time when you're drawing. Assuming, of course, drawing isn't your distraction from something you're supposed to be doing.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Drawing has kept me sane ... along with music, animals, and the occasional bourbon. I'm not as talented or dedicated as you, Rock, but what you do is marvelous. Appreciate you sharing your frustrations - helps us have some awareness of what you go through.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You should really be proud because your artwork makes me want to request more prompts even though mine are a bit weird. :ugeek:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks for the words, everyone. Was able to eventually work through it.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

D-Rock wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:43 am Thanks for the words, everyone. Was able to eventually work through it.
That's good to hear,
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hope that the prompt that I gave you doesn't end up making you stuck again though. :/
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Oh, well, he'd only be stuck until shedding season.