Chat Thread 43: Good Ol' ArcWolves' Club (Voting's hard,OK?)

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: Chat Thread 43: Good Ol' ArcWolves' Club (Voting's hard,

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If he ever gets tired of it or takes it too personally I will stop. I'm not doing it to be mean.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:If he ever gets tired of it or takes it too personally I will stop. I'm not doing it to be mean.
Old blokes like old jokes. If yer meanin' me, I don't mind. Can't speak for anyone else, though.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I only do direct them at you because I know you won't take them personally.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I only do direct them at you because I know you won't take them personally.
Sure. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm just waiting for an 80-year old person to register and reveal he is a furry and likes Housepets! also.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm just waiting for an 80-year old person to register and reveal he is a furry and likes Housepets! also.
I'm pretty sure we have a member who is eighty or so. I know I'm not the oldest geezer in the gang.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

No it just seems like it. :P
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Only `cause I'm dialoguing with you, dear. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Then it will stop when it's time for you to go back to the nursing home.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Then it will stop when it's time for you to go back to the nursing home.
I am quite eager to hear how this is, or any number of your recent posts here are, respectful or kind.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Perhaps my senior status should cease to be a topic for banter. I am packing today, though - traveling to Los Angeles.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Noted. Hope you have a great time in LA though. When you cone back, tell us how bad the 405 was. :mrgreen:
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Enjoy Los Angeles, West.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Thanks, gang. I hope to spend as little time on the 405 as possible - but, then, who doesn't? ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If you do get on the 405, please make sure that you take photographs of how bad it is for proof because I don't think non-Californians will believe it otherwise. XD
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

I need help turning the Yuuzhan Vong's organic spaceships from the Star Wars EU into a meme.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Like image editing? I have some experience with that.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Why in the heck is it that when you go on vacation for a few days and then come back, everything ends up PILING up on you? X_X
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

After reading Part 1 of "All the King's Men", it kinda got me in the mood to read some other prose people have written for the HP! universe. I know there's plenty posted here; anything in particular people recommend, or should I just go at it at random?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

There's lots of good stuff in the Fan Projects section. Some highlights that I remember are:
Dean's Dayshaun (which should be required reading)
Two_Twig's Symphony in Periwinkle (unfinished but excellent piece of early forum fic)

Valerio's behemoth Housepets! The Series (which despite its size is technically unfinished, beware the roller coaster of emotions)
Stu's Housepets! 1X (unfinished, but a great read)

Civilization's A New Era (set in the Housepets! universe but with all original characters)
JageshemashFTW's Crack Pairings (despite the title they only wrote 3)
Honorable Intention's Changing by the Seasons (and the second part, third was not completed)

Krytus The Dreamer's Kingdom Hearts crossover Hearts of the Selfless (which I haven't read but was highly praised)
Coatl_Ruu's crossover with the Dresden Files Lone Wolf (which I highly recommend)

This list spans the forum's history (divided into my own subjective periods) and all really stuck out to me when I read them
And if you haven't perused the Contest to finish All the King's Men, you definitely should (Two_Twig was the winner)
CuriousCnidarian

Thanks for the recs! I'll look into them. I actually did know about the contest, but I didn't think the entries were posted directly to the forums, I thought it was something each contestant sent to Rick to be published in the book only. I'll look into that too.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Now I know which one actually won and would be considered the true follow-up to that fanfiction, I might have to go reread it at some point. :lol:
CuriousCnidarian

Obbl wrote:Dean's Dayshaun (which should be required reading)
[...]
And if you haven't perused the Contest to finish All the King's Men, you definitely should (Two_Twig was the winner)
So I read through the rest of All the King's Men and it was pretty good. 'Bout on par with what I was expecting. Then I read Dayshaun, and it was... something. An enjoyable read, to be sure, but still some issues with it (Cold open posing many questions, leaving me to take the first chapter or two to catch my bearings, couple of mysteries thrown in that were never answered [Zach's disease, how did a world war break out and cause only the humans to disappear; were they snapped out of existence, Dwemer-esque?], how did no one notice Shaun's ears earlier?). Definitely wasn't expecting a post-apoc fic here of all places, I'll give it that, much less one of that quality.
On to the next.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

At least you have given it a try by reading it and if you didn't like it that much then that is OK as long as you found something to like about it. :)
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

So aside for the one here, does anyone know a fanfic similar to "Please Stop Eating the Hell Butterflies"?
I have ideas and I occasionally put them down.
CuriousCnidarian

Amazee Dayzee wrote:At least you have given it a try by reading it and if you didn't like it that much then that is OK as long as you found something to like about it. :)
I never said I didn't like it, on the contrary, I though it was actually pretty good, especially for the author's age. It seems like something I'd enjoy more on reread, now that I know what's going on.
Zesortinge wrote:So aside for the one here, does anyone know a fanfic similar to "Please Stop Eating the Hell Butterflies"?
I wish I could help you with that, but unfortunately, I am not too familiar with the fanfictions here.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Zesortinge wrote:So aside for the one here, does anyone know a fanfic similar to "Please Stop Eating the Hell Butterflies"?
None to my knowledge.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Does anyone know of any other sites or forums Buster visited? She hasn’t visited the site in almost three weeks, and I want to make sure she’s okay.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not really. I'm sure she said but I'm not sure what the SPECIFIC sites are.

I need her to come back. All I have is a dinky Typhlosion. I NEED MY DRAGGIE! D:
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I just want to make sure she’s okay. I know she probably just lost interest in the forum and moved on, but my mind keeps assuming the worst and I need to know for sure. I should’ve gone to sleep by now, but I can’t make myself because I’m just so worried.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CuriousCnidarian

Man, I know exactly how you feel. I was in an OW tournament last fall, and our manager, who was quite active, up and disappeared like 2 games before the season ended. Haven't been able to contact him through Discord, Twitter, etc. Tried contacting some of his mutual followers on Twitter but to no avail. Last thing he tweeted was about some party out of state he was going to... I really hope and pray he's OK and just decided to ghost us.

Probably doesn't help you much, but I can relate.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I perfectly understand y'alls concern. She mentioned losing interest in the comic a while ago. She could only provide vague hints on other places she's on, probably due to forum rules. https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 88#p891588
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure she will pop up eventually and tell us all not to worry. I doubt she will be another Zalgo.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm sure she will pop up eventually and tell us all not to worry. I doubt she will be another Zalgo.
I hope so - I miss Buster's little tweaks.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Does anyone else get really stressed out when asking an artist you’ve commissioned from to alter something? I’m never sure how to do it without coming across as a jerk.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hey, if you've paid good money for something then the artist wants you to be happy with it and they're happy to change it for you. As long as you're not asking for a major redraw after all the colouring and shading is done then you're not being a jerk. All you have to do is say something like "Is it possible to make his paws a little bigger please?" or "can you please make his nose a little rounder?" or "can you use a darker shade of blue there please?". You're not going to come off as a jerk as long as you're polite and say please. ^^
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hlaoroo wrote:Hey, if you've paid good money for something then the artist wants you to be happy with it and they're happy to change it for you. As long as you're not asking for a major redraw after all the colouring and shading is done then you're not being a jerk. All you have to do is say something like "Is it possible to make his paws a little bigger please?" or "can you please make his nose a little rounder?" or "can you use a darker shade of blue there please?". You're not going to come off as a jerk as long as you're polite and say please. ^^

Yeah, a commission is kind of a dialogue … but it does end. Be as precise as you can over any alterations you'd like; folks hate to guess or mind-read.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Once I get my first paycheck I think I might be interested in looking into a sort of commission. The title that I have for it right now is "When Pie Meets Face" :D and I just got to figure out which character it will star. :mrgreen:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Once I get my first paycheck I think I might be interested in looking into a sort of commission. The title that I have for it right now is "When Pie Meets Face" :D and I just got to figure out which character it will star. :mrgreen:
As the pitcher or the recipient?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Recipient. The pitcher is gonna get the snot beaten out of them (especially if it's Fox. XD)