Out Of Context Quotes

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Legotron123

Re: Out Of Context Quotes

Post by Legotron123 »

“An iPhone with googly eyes would be absolutely unstoppable. It would hold the sum of all human knowledge within. It doesn’t need to eat. Or sleep. It’s unstoppable.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Cactus juice; it'll quench ya. It's the quenchiest!
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

"Burn the flowerbeds, there might be money underneath!"
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Now will you please tell me what in God's name possessed you to paint this with three Christs in it?!"
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"And after you poured squid stew in to the crankcase, what did you do?"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

"Gotham's fate lies in the hands of an emotionally-distraught, drunken ex-Arkham inmate pursuing his violent ex-girlfriend...I might need a Plan B."

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“They no longer fear the stoplight. Nothing is sacred anymore.”

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"A direction that can only be described as totally _______ cat stan as you put sunglasses on an owl so you can use it to fight a giant rat."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“I see no issue with dogs shooting mercenaries or hacking highly reinforced prisons.”

OrWasIt.EXE

Post by OrWasIt.EXE »

"The Arc Conspiracy"
What do you get when you cram a shapeshifter, a dog-dragon, two wolves, a human, a robot, a bear, and a fox into one vessel? (They/Them pronouns)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"If life hands you lemons, squash 'em!"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“Be the part-robot drug-smuggling warlord of your dreams!”

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“Oh god, Unicron has his sights set on Sesame Street! Someone save Big Bird!“

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

and i do believe they give you half a second to run your sorry but up next so someone. i wouldn't quote me on that though.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“Terrorists aren’t just guys with guns anymore, everyone needs a gimmick now. Sometimes you’re going to have to fight ninjas, or Olympic gold medalists, or your evil clone-dad. It’s all part of the job.”
“AN ACTUAL VAMPIRE WANTS TO KILL ME!!”

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"Everyone knew the robots were taking over but who knew they'd be stupid and inept?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

(these are tangentially related)

"i did not expect the apocalypse to be this fuzzy."

- - - - -

"I would like to state for the record that I am not now, nor have ever been, a vampire. I have also never gotten someone drunk in an effort to seduce them and steal their money. I have, however, eaten the occasional sandwich. They re delicious."

- - - - -

"Ooh, X.P. chance? ... NOPE."

"Wait!"

"There are so many reasons this isn't whatever it looks like!"

- - - - -

"did you just summon a magic _____?"

"... No."

- - - - -

"Yeah that's not gonna help either. Atleast I didn't tear my clothes..."

- - - - -

"As an anti-existentialist inverse solipsist, I object to this. I believe that I am made up but that everything else is real."

- - - - -

"The last time i left town i spontaneously created another human being."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“The amazing thing about Steve Buscemi is that he works as the anthropomorphisation of literally any household object.“

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Sooo.... i accidentally have a pet alligator turtle now..."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"Akkadian is not a dead language, just everyone who spoke it is."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“Generate electricity to open the doors to progress by catering to a small child’s insatiable bloodlust” is not something I expected to do in KH3.

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

How did you come up with the theme 'only one'? My head is very shiny.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“If there was a werewolf in your neighborhood, they’d be that family of 10 kids always roughhousing outside and their house is the one all the neighborhood kids go to hang out at because Mr. Werewolf and Mrs. Werewolf are the Cool Parents that their kids find really embarrassing. ”

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

""I was bored" does not adequately explain why you felt the need to conquer Hell."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“Because a Predator mask and giant back knives are essential for controlling your psychic powers.”

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“YOU CAN'T WASTE A CLOWN SCORPION!”

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I know triple posting might be pushing it, but just take a look at this majesty.
“As I was framed by seven tigers using airborne land mines as stepping stones in the sky, the explosions increased my speed and carried me to the waiting helicopter on literal wings of flame, as my billowing cape burned away.”

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"I was innocent, so i was running around hitting people with a crowbar."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“Dog heaven is also squirrel hell. It’s a very efficient system.”

furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Not sure if I posted this before,
"We haven't had this much trouble with a Mortal Combat Visa holder in a long time.
Last edited by furrygamer793 on Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“Please take moment to imagine you are some normal god-fearing catholic who has decided to visit little bobby or maybe patricia at college and you’re all going to church together like a nice family and this absolute madman has decided to go all Silence of the Lambs on mass and now there’s some sort of underfed translucently pale man in ill-fitting Roman armor and cape flying at a horrifying glutinous effigy of your lord and savior, with an actual spear, screaming like a madman. Don’t you feel yourself drawing closer to God already? Defensively, perhaps, like an octopus trying to ooze itself into a crevice against the horrors of the ocean.”

OctoDoggo

Post by OctoDoggo »

“So you’re going to shove a hand into the flesh abomination”
“Why confine myself to just a hand, when I can stick in a whole arm?”
Image Image Image
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

"We've lost! Quick, eat the children!"

Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

"No more executions today. It's bad for your blood pressure."
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

The fight had been raging for a while now, turning the battlefield into equal parts artillery range and Bollywood musical.

Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

...that sounds almost like Douglas Adams. I swear I've heard it somewhere else but I don't remember where.
Probably was someone else quoting it on some other board or IRL.

Eh, hang on, I got one:
"Vampires are dead. That’s why they’re just food. If they were alive, they’d be better for testing pharmaceutical products on."
...and from the very next paragraph:
"You should only eat free range peanut butter. That’s more humane."
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“Praise the Danny DeVito shrine.”

Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

He worried about air. Neither he nor Akki had suits. It was hard, trying to breathe vacuum.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia

FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

"AAAHHH! Not in the face!"
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

… and that's why we don't let you watch after 8:00 pm!