Overwatch

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

GameCobra

Overwatch

Post by GameCobra »

So i been thinking: We need an Overwatch topic. :3

A good portion of us have the game on PC it looks like so i figured we make a topic for the game not just to discuss the game in the future, but to make plans for it whenever we have the time.

Currently I play at around 11 PM AST every night, but i have Sunday, Tuesday and Friday off. My tag is GameCobra#1534 if you wanna add me. :D
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
deepskycyan

Re: Overwatch

Post by deepskycyan »

ohboy I was waiting for this topic to come up somewhere so I can gush about this game.

I was incredibly disappointed to find out that the open beta took place during my exams! But now I get to play the game and it's been a real treat :)
Would love to see some discussion here! I don't think many of us on the forums own the game though.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I love the game. It's great! ^_^ I play it with all kinds of friends. It's so much better than playing with randos.

I'm Sleet#1934.

Who's everyone's favorites? My favorite is Mei, but I also love Pharah and Reinhardt!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Currently my favourites are Soldier 76, Reaper, Torbjorn, Mercy and Reinhart. All the defense classes are neat i find, and the support classes are fun. Symettra standa out as another fun class i like to play, and hard to master :3
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

My favourites are Mercy and Lucio. Interestingly, I find myself enjoying support the most. Compared to most other team based games, I feel that support in overwatch is really well done. Each support has their place and defined identity, and serve different purposes. Really commend blizzard for actually making the support role engaging and fun, it's the extra mechanics such as Mercy's guardian angel and Lucio's wall riding and their ability to defend for themselves and do solid damage (Zen damage is insane) that make the class. Nothing more satisfying than 100 eliminating a diving Tracer as Mercy.

Support is also a great class for those who aren't traditional fps players.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Oh yeah I love that. And there's plenty of other heroes that are good for people without pinpoint, lightning-quick aiming skills.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Played Torbjorn all day yesterday - even on offense it was fun. I like how some players complain at first. felt better when they confess their mistakes as i helped win the game. x3

the trick with torbjorn i find is people don't expect the turret to be moving. When you move his turret continuously, it becomes hard for them to predict where it will show up and not pay attention. people also don't realize the turret is a very powerful distraction. sure, it blows up easily, but that's time they have to waste destroying it as you sneak up on them and shoot them with your lava gun :3
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I played a game last night where my mate's friend set a turret up on a moving platform on Volskaya Industries and it lasted the whole game (with a little TLC). We had no idea how well it would do and were laughing half the game over it. It got 17 eliminations for him.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Speaking of, here's an amazing Torbjorn POTG!

But really, having the play of the game be centered on the turret if it's doing all the work would be a welcome change.
RedFoxWizard

Post by RedFoxWizard »

I tried Overwatch during the beta on my friends' laptops, but I can't run it fast enough on my own laptop. I couldn't even finish loading before the match would give me the boot for inactivity. Oh well. :lol:
I thought it was pretty fun, even though I didn't really know how I was supposed to play some characters/classes. I found I was pretty good with Winston. Well, in bot matches anyway. I don't do well against others in any FPS.
Ice and fire magic? Does that result in a freezer-burn?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Played Competitive all day yesterday. 4 wins, 6 losses. ranked 40.

Competitive online was mostly fun. As the first time playing the teams i played with are friendly, however, it didn't take long before i met the "serious business" competition who wanted mics and the like. However, i had a ball with most of the players in competition. They actually competed and carried on in most of the matches despite it's serious nature.

Seems most of my game wins were attributed to Reaper and Torbjorn. I played Mercy and Lucio, but my team sadly still can't effectively push when i'm on support for some reason. Stil laugh how one game i got POTG with Symettra despite people calling her weak =P
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I hope Ranked doesn't turn Quick Play into a bunch of goofoffs. I kinda like playing to win but being chill about it.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Junkrat week for me. I love blowing stuff up :D

I also think his trap is surprisingly good now that i gotten use to it. I just don't like how people can easily destroy it with random shots. Oh ,and Winston. him and his turret destroying Tesla cannon :|
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

You think that's bad for Junkrat? Try being Symmetra. :(
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I have.

Oh, dear. I Haaaaaaave.

*Watches Winston destroy all 6 sentries by just walking by*

... *sheds a tear*

EDIT: New hero coming. And she's bring a huge game changing patch as well with D.Va and Zenyatta buffs. and self-healing moves now let you recharge ultimates. Mercy getting a bit of a rework with her ultimate, but her damage boost is bigger. :3

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/ana/
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

NEW HERO available on the test servers! In case you didn't know!

I'm liking her character design! Looks cool and still thematically different from the rest of the cast.
Can't wait to have teammates rage at me for no aim AND no heals! ohboy.
Zavryn

Post by Zavryn »

deepskycyan wrote: Can't wait to have teammates rage at me for no aim AND no heals! ohboy.
^this. lol. but I'll probably end up playing her a lot. because you know. sniper heals. Mercy will probably stay my main support though.

I can't wait for McCree to get that slight buff. He was my favorite (still is) but he is weak right now, and no matter how good I do, people always call me trash for playing him. -shrugs-
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

She looks really cool! I love her design, and it's cool to finally have a dark-skinned character who doesn't speak English exclusively. :P She also looks really awful if you're bad at her, so that might be frustrating. *giggles*

I'm loving what they've done for D.Va though! I can't wait to play the new and improved D.Va.
Zavryn

Post by Zavryn »

Yeah. I have a friend who loves D.Va. He's pretty excited to say the least. I'm kind of happy too. You don't really see her played all that often.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Wow. the new patch came out already. Ana is awesome =)

However, i also love the new changes on Zenyatta's orbs and health. I can actually kill people that attack me as the robot monk :D

Poor Mercy, though. They didn't let her keep the %50 extra damage to alt fire because McCree was a guaranteed one-hit kill with Mercy. :(

D.Va is actually a nice counter for the assault classes now. especially Tracer, Pharaoh and Reaper. she can absorb a whole clip and keep doing it if times properly.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Ana is so great! And D.Va may be taking over my favorite tank from Reinhardt now.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

New Patch: Summer Sports patch! Play and unlock all sorts of skins, poses and medals for characters. also: Lucioball - totally not based off of a certain racing car/soccer game =P
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Is Lucioball staying for the entirety of the summer sports patch?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

It's over now, but it was awesome.

Sombra must be coming out for Halloween.

On an amazing note: Awesome Mei strategy here in Hanamura

EDIT: Forgot the link x3
Last edited by GameCobra on Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I saw that video! That looks awesome. Stuff like that is what makes me like Mei so much. But it really takes teamwork...
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »