Weird/Strange Habits

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Douglas Collier

Re: Weird/Strange Habits

Post by Douglas Collier »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I sometimes eat the cupcake paper along with the cupcake (though separately).
Who doesn't? :P I eat Pixie Stix with the paper (not separately); I also eat the paper Blow Pop sticks.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I always keep items in my jacket pockets and refuse to take them out, even if I'm not wearing the jacket because I'll probably lose them if they're moved.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

When I tell most people that it is what I do, they look at me like I have 3 heads.

Though I only do it with cupcakes.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Douglas Collier wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I sometimes eat the cupcake paper along with the cupcake (though separately).
Who doesn't? :P I eat Pixie Stix with the paper (not separately); I also eat the paper Blow Pop sticks.
I'd advise against. Paper can't be absorbed by the human digestive system and may contain traces of unsafe chemicals. Paper products may bind to the lining of the digestive tract, preventing absorption of nutrients. There is also a risk of intestinal blockage requiring urgent medical intervention.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

*Sigh* I guess that's one weird/strange habit I'm going to have to kick. :( Oh well.
On the subject of unsafe materials to eat, I used to eat foam from the couch when I was little. I liked the texture. :P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

I would think that it's better to eat paper than foam...

Why would unsafe chemicals be allowed in paper packaging of food products?
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I only just eat cupcake paper. I don't think there are any unsafe chemicals in the paper since you bake with it.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Dissension wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:
I'd advise against. Paper can't be absorbed by the human digestive system and may contain traces of unsafe chemicals. Paper products may bind to the lining of the digestive tract, preventing absorption of nutrients. There is also a risk of intestinal blockage requiring urgent medical intervention.
Even if they don't have unsafe chemicals in them, you still shouldn't eat them Dayzee.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

DON'T GET PAPER CUTS IN YOUR BELLY! :lol:

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend eating any paper, even if nothing is in it. Maybe once in a while at most as a party trick if you really want to eat it.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Render wrote:Why would unsafe chemicals be allowed in paper packaging of food products?
because they are contained in the packaging, not able to get on the food. digestion releases the chemicals and sickness happens. not everything toxic can poison things by touch.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well with the fact that I have a lot of digestive and stomach issues already, I'll probably stop eating paper wrappers.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

This is reminding me that, when I was a kid, I used to chew pretty often pieces of paper, from handkerchiefs and napkins. And, after some time of chewing, then I spit them out. Rarely happened that I shallowed them.
Can't figure out why I used to do that, maybe for the tasting... Ain't I had no money for real chewing gums, I used them pretty much, too. :P
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I swallowed a quarter once. The reason I had it in my mouth was because it tasted shiny.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

What does shiny taste like? :lol:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I once sucked all my coins up the vacuum cleaner because I liked the sound they made when they bounced up the metal tube. :P I was like 5 at the time. I now know the value of money and would never do anything that stupid again. Although, I did accidentally suck my handkerchief up the vacuum this evening. :P

A habit I have is that if I hear a Disney song or some other song I love I can't help but sing along and sometimes even dance. :P Thus far I haven't had any strange looks so either I'm not that bad or I sing too quietly for people to hear. :P I always sing and dance while listening to youtube on my computer though. My neighbours must hate me. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

dtlux1 wrote:What does shiny taste like? :lol:
I'm guessing metal. I think it's still in my stomach because I'm not sure how fast gastric acid can eat through a quarter.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I have alot of habits, but the ones that bother me the most are rubbing my head, my palm, and my nose. And even then, i get creative about it. squinting for scratching my nose sometimes. As for my palm, i have this weird habit to rub the center palm of my right hand just because it's itchy.

I also pace alot. Something everyone knows in my area. It only happens when I use phones, though. It's either good or bad, but people love making jokes about it. :)

I, too, also sleep with the blanket on every night. Glad to hear i'm not the only one. Sometimes with the fan on, too.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Thi is a rather new one, but I like to turn the shower on high heat and get the bathroom to steam up and sit in there like a sauna. Of course, this is frowned upon so I do it late at night.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

The breath from my nostrils can never pass over my skin in a counter-clockwise direction. It bothers me. :geek:
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I can't wear anything on my lips because I have a bad habit of licking them.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

If I'm up late at night, I start making mathematical equations in my head based off the numbers on my alarm clock.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wish I could do that. I really hate math.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Civilization wrote:If I'm up late at night, I start making mathematical equations in my head based off the numbers on my alarm clock.
I do that sometimes, too. :)
Hello, low order beings!

Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Civilization wrote:If I'm up late at night, I start making mathematical equations in my head based off the numbers on my alarm clock.
I like to 'move around' the parts of the digits to create a number that is as high as possible.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

I've found myself subconsciously doing some of the things in this thread. :|
Hello, low order beings!

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Not sure if it's weird but how many of you play air guitar or air piano or air drums or air any-other-instrument or conduct the music while you listen to it? I know I do. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Hlaoroo wrote:I'm a little OCD about even numbers. Like, I have to eat two chocolates or two biscuits or two pieces of cake, never just one. (TimTams suck because they're delicious but there's only eleven in the packet. They do that deliberately to make me buy more, I think. :P ) Or, I'll use an even number of squirts of soap in the bathroom or an even number of squirts of deodorant under my arms or sometimes I'll step an even amount of times in each concrete slab in the pavement.

I also crack my joints a lot more than I probably should. Mum hates that. :P
Same for both. I even pop the end joints in the tips of my fingers and toes.
Hello, low order beings!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't know why, but I think that sounds painful and i shudder whenever anybody does it even though I know that it is.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I don't know why, but I think that sounds painful and i shudder whenever anybody does it even though I know that it is.
Actually, I've found it improves my reaction time on FPS games.
Hello, low order beings!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am assuming that would be because your joints can move more freely.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I am assuming that would be because your joints can move more freely.
Yep.
Hello, low order beings!

deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

People popping joints disturbs me. I then unleash my own unusual habit upon them by hissing loudly.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

When I'm taking a shower and the water running on my back (because I face away from the water) is really hot, I'll scratch my back until it doesn't feel hot anymore.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

When I finish a water bottle, I turn it up side down and tap the bottom until none of the droplets are moving, then I drink what accumulates in the lid, and shake the bottle around so the droplets won't gather together later.
Hello, low order beings!

dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I always sleep on my stomach with my left arm under my pillow and the right of my head on the pillow. When I sleep other ways I usually don't get as much sleep or sleep as good.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I don't know why, but I think that sounds painful and i shudder whenever anybody does it even though I know that it is.
I was cracking my joints while reading that, I tend to do it so often that I don't realize I am doing it most of the time. :P
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

dtlux1 wrote:I always sleep on my stomach with my left arm under my pillow and the right of my head on the pillow. When I sleep other ways I usually don't get as much sleep or sleep as good. :P
I actually remember reading somewhere that that's common. I do it, too. :)
Hello, low order beings!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I sleep on my right side with my right hand under the pillow and my left hand on my stomach.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I tend to sleep on my left side if any side.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

I sleep on my left side too, mostly just to see my alarm clock every hour I wake up.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

My alarm clock is across from my bed on my bureau next to the television.