Announcements of leave and return

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Announcements of leave and return

Post by Sleet »

You can still ship them even if they're canon! You're just a victorious shipper! :D
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Sleet wrote:You can still ship them even if they're canon! You're just a victorious shipper! :D
But, there is no fun in that!

Anyway, I think i'm going to stick around on the forums and IRC a lot more now. yay!
Make Pasta not war.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

welcome back. I never really got to know you, you left the same time I got my promotion

all I know is you liked boxes and pasta. is that still the case? *offers a box of pasta*
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Welcome back, Dylan!
Same as Brent, you left before I really got a chance to know you, but you seem like an all-around, upstanding kinda guy.
So hi! :D
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Obbl wrote:Welcome back, Dylan!
Same as Brent, you left before I really got a chance to know you, but you seem like an all-around, upstanding kinda guy.
So hi! :D
Hmm, all-around upstanding kind of guy? I like that kind of aura. Thanks for the welcome.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:welcome back. I never really got to know you, you left the same time I got my promotion

all I know is you liked boxes and pasta. is that still the case? *offers a box of pasta*

Yes! *grabs and eats under the box*
Make Pasta not war.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Not really back, but I wanted to leave you all on a positive note:

I had a GREAT night last night! My leaving here is probably going to be permanent (save for checking my PMs, and even that will only be temporary), but I wanted to say why because it made me so happy and I wanted to share it with you all!

Last night I spoke to the priest and religious brother at the church at which I'm attending, and the religious brother said that based on what he knows about me, and his prayers for me, he believes that I am correct in what I have suspected more strongly than ever before: that I am being called to be a Dominican friar! What he said made me feel so happy and loved--both of them! God bless them!

(If you don't know what that is, a friar is like a monk except that the Dominicans are out in the world, not just cloistered in a monastery. They're an order of preaching, teaching, and refuting heresy in the Catholic Church. Think "Friar Tuck" if it pleases you.)

Also, as I was writing to a friend, I realized something else that made me even more confident than I already was: when I put my own will first I felt drawn and quartered--I felt either strong pulls in multiple directions (priesthood, married life, etc.), or else no strong pull in any direction. As a result I felt confused, frustrated, and irritable, and took it out on those who didn't deserve it. (I apologize to all of you on here to whom that applies, including Rick--he has done some excellent writing and drawing with this comic, and while I still believe he has made some serious errors in judgment with it, it was wrong of me to overlook what he got right. Heck, he took down a smoking arc! And Imaginate, Too! is still one of the best arcs here in my opinion and that of a friend of mine who has left the forums!)

But when I let go and let God, that all changed. I did a prayerful discerning exercise: I have prayed an "Our Father" (almost) every day to send the Holy Spirit to reveal my actual vocation as opposed to what I merely imagined or hoped my vocation would be, and I've also prayerfully written down objective merits and flaws for each vocation as they apply to me as an individual (as opposed to universally objective merits and flaws, or mere subjective desires or reservations). And when that happened the religious life stuck out among the rest easily--and it remained so when I went back later to make sure these were objective as applied to me, neither universally objective (which would mean the priesthood) nor subjective. And looking up the charisms of different religious orders, only the Dominican Order stood out as matching my personality from when I was a child.

In fact, while I'm blessed in my ability to write stories and draw cartoons, I even thought how those aren't quite as important, as innate to who I am, as learning, thinking, teaching, and correcting mistakes. I drew before I could write, for example, and English was never my best subject in school--and as for drawing, aside from the fact that I prefer to draw things in context in some kind of story, it is also true that (especially when I draw them in context in a story) I'm nowhere near as methodical in drawing as I can be in writing, much less in thinking. In any case, my ability to write and draw with minimal formal training are just concrete examples of a more abstract personality trait: I'm a quick study for things that interest me and am good at remembering things. I turned out to impress my driving teacher, for example, when I was training to get my driver's license (even at my first lesson!), and one time after Liturgy a religious sister asked if I was a cantor--she was that impressed with my singing voice, and I've had minimal formal training in singing as well! And singing in particular is something I might easily be able to do (and writing, at least non-fiction writing) even as a Dominican friar! So who knows what could be in store for me?

I thank you all for being my friends and appreciate any prayers you may make on my behalf. I'll pray for you too. God bless you all!
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

I'd hate to see you go, Chewy. But as they always say "life goes on" and all that.
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

So, as I've posted in a couple other places, I'll be leaving for District Competition with my Barbershop choir today. I will return Sunday. Ya'll probably won't really notice, cause it's a pretty short absence.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

For those of you who didn't know already, I'm back (at least for the time being) after my months of training in the US Marine Corps.

The main reason for my return here is the unmitigated boredom and free time that comes with waiting to resume training.

Receiving sucks.
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Well this is definitely a way to deal with boredom!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

I wonder how many people remember me... My computer got sick quite a while ago and eventually completely died (Thankfully I had all the data on an external, though I did lose some data). Using my iPod to keep up was just too annoying, so I was kinda disconnected for a bit. But now, I have a new computer, and a desktop to boot. Lenovo H535. It's freakin' awesome for me. :3

I am a slight sad and embarrassed that I also didn't do much with regards to my fanfic on here. Also wonder how much interest is still in that... Ah well. I'll rewrite what I lost and continue where I left off. Maybe it'll interest new people since it's been, what, two or three months since I was last here? Ah well. Hello again, everyone! X3
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Welcome back TarkaTarquol!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I had to look up which was your fic, but now that I know:
YES!!!!! I was really sad to see that slowly slipping down the list. Glad to see you back! :D
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I'm not going to be here starting tomorrow until Sunday evening
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

I'm BACK!!!
I've been away for so long I didn't expect my account to be valid on here but guess it still is! ^^
Now that I've got internet at my fingertips again I can actually stay up till midnight to talk/discuss with someone her XD

So... besides the comic (wich I caught up on) what did I miss? (And who missed me? I'll send free hugs by mail)

(EDIT:Eew... still the old profile pic... should change ^^)
I has Deviant... urrm... by same name (durr)
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Hi Tattorack! Welcome back!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Tattorack wrote:I'm BACK!!!
I've been away for so long I didn't expect my account to be valid on here but guess it still is! ^^
Now that I've got internet at my fingertips again I can actually stay up till midnight to talk/discuss with someone her XD

So... besides the comic (wich I caught up on) what did I miss? (And who missed me? I'll send free hugs by mail)

(EDIT:Eew... still the old profile pic... should change ^^)
we don't clear out old accounts (at least not ones of people who have ever posted on a regular basis)
also, I'm back
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Hey Brent, I didn't know you left. Also, I added you on the Twitters.
Arbitrary

Post by Arbitrary »

I'm back, apparently! Saying hello and and stuff, feeding the watchdog, etc. I may be around spontaneously, who knows. Periscope down, DIVE DIVE DIVE.
Image I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Welcome back Arbitrary!
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Hey.

Sadly, I have to tell you that I am not coming back. :( After conversations with my priest and other important authorities in my life, I have been advised to leave Housepets behind for good. This is not the way I would have wanted this to end, but I have to deal with the issues from this, and this might be the only way left.

At any rate, I'm almost certain I'm not coming back to the forums, though I might (and that's still a might) have a look at when this whole cosmic thing ends.

I'm gonna miss you guys. I did have a lot of fun here at times. Rick, thank you for everything. Your art is going to keep rocking. And all of you who conversed with me in PMs, you know who you are, and thank you. Those of you who have my email know where to find me. Those of you that I somewhat know who don't have it, PM me if you want to find me.

Bye, guys. Keep it fun, huh? Thanks.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Oh hi guys, it's me! So I've started college and it's been an interesting three months. You guys are still my friends, but I just haven't had a chance to be active on the forums much anymore. Skype me or Facebook me sometime!

Anyway, to give you guys an update about how I've been doing recently:
  • I'm majoring in computer science. Which is like a mesh of Programming/Software Engineering mixed in with lots of other cool CSC electives at my school.
  • I got a work-study job working at an elementary school.
  • I don't have to work 25 hours a week to make ends meet anymore.
  • I've joined a computer club at my university and I've made lots of friends.
  • My roommate and I live well together, but we have completely opposite personalities and interests, so we're not chummy 'ol friends.
  • I'm still dating that one guy from my programming class. He's the best. =D
  • My friends from high school and I are still really close.
  • Living on a college campus is the coolest thing ever.
  • My parents are starting to respect me as an adult now. "Starting." They still have their moments.
  • I'm in a culture-broadening program at my school where I attend things like foreign films and musicals.
So yeah you guys, that's the gist of it. Talk to me sometime! Keep in touch!
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Beagle wrote:
  • I'm majoring in computer science. Which is like a mesh of Programming/Software Engineering mixed in with lots of other cool CSC electives at my school.
welcome to the club. be sure to get your programs started ASAP or you'll run out of time to finish them. *doesn't take his own advice*
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Welcome back Beagle!
Duster

Post by Duster »

Gosh, it's been like forever, Beagle!

Welcome back!
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Hey, Beagle! :D Glad to see you
CS, eh? Yeah, Brent's advice is best. (I'm down to the wire even starting right away with this class :( ), but it's great learning how the computers do what they do ;)
Oh, and have fun with college!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sounds like things are going great, Beagle! College'll do that for ya!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Beagle wrote:Anyway, to give you guys an update about how I've been doing recently:
I'm majoring in computer science. Which is like a mesh of Programming/Software Engineering mixed in with lots of other cool CSC electives at my school.
I got a work-study job working at an elementary school.
I don't have to work 25 hours a week to make ends meet anymore.
I've joined a computer club at my university and I've made lots of friends.
My roommate and I live well together, but we have completely opposite personalities and interests, so we're not chummy 'ol friends.
I'm still dating that one guy from my programming class. He's the best. =D
My friends from high school and I are still really close.
Living on a college campus is the coolest thing ever.
My parents are starting to respect me as an adult now. "Starting." They still have their moments.
I'm in a culture-broadening program at my school where I attend things like foreign films and musicals.
And while you're doing all of that in college, my friends are doing this instead.

All I hear everyone talk about how great college is and here I am just working while I get into the coast guard. Feeling all dumb.

Good to see you back anyway Beagle. *Hugs* Glad to hear things are going well since the last time we talked.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

You're not dumb if that's what you really want to do!
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

I wonder how many times I'm gonna say I'm back before it sticks. :lol:
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Hi KalloonWhite! Welcome back!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

*hot glues Kalloon to the forum*

We'll see!
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I'm still trying to make it a habit to not just patrol over threads and post, but it's not easy at all. I'm going to start taking Fridays and Saturdays though and work to be more active on here, because really, you folks are just great and it's sort of odd that unlike the other mods, I'm just so split apart from the rest of you, which isn't good. I doubt I'll have post counts as high as Diss or Sleet, but I'm going to try more and harder at the very least. We'll see how well that works.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

While I am not sure how much you will mind this, I'll be absent from the forums from now until December the 23rd on vacation, so hopefully I will get back just in time to crash the openermas celebrations here, then go celebrate new year (What do the woodland critters call it? Open season?).

Have a good one!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Have a nice vacation! :D
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

Back from an abrupt leave. XD
Really messed up my exam schedule and ended up cramming everything in a time that wasn't humanely possible. Anyways, I hope I survive.

Now back home at my parent's place from uni for Christmas. I hope I didn't missed much while I was away.
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

GECKO ! WELCOME BACK !*hug* :D
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

Thanks! :D *hugs back*
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Welcome back Gecko. Image Something was really missing here...
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

On Friday, we'll be going down to Ohio to visit my sick grandma for Christmas.