any musicians?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: any musicians?

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

How were you able to do that? Did you or some family member has a job like that?
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

I'm a sound engineer, and I'm building an entertainment studio.
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah that would totally explain a lot!
Goforit
Weather Wizard

Post by Goforit »

JonnyNova wrote:Well, I can't say I play anything as unique as the theremin, but I've been playing guitar for 8 years and singing for as long as I can remember. I also play a bit of piano and clarinet
Yay, clarinet! Played that all throughout High School. Nothing like getting jealous towards saxophones because THEIR thumb key bumps them up an octave, not a silly twelfth...
Ask me about the weather.

Avatar by the amazing cartoonist Hukley!
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

I've been playing the washboard.
It's fun.
Panda Panda Panda
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

What's a silly twelfth? Is it like halfway between a perfect twelfth and an augmented twelfth or something?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

Sleet wrote:What's a silly twelfth? Is it like halfway between a perfect twelfth and an augmented twelfth or something?
It make no cents.

"Cents", geddit?! I'll show myself out now...
I break my computer, so you don't have to! :D
You copied my entire signature? How peculiar...
Given that AB≅AB, prove that AB≇AB.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

yellowcrash10 wrote:
Sleet wrote:What's a silly twelfth? Is it like halfway between a perfect twelfth and an augmented twelfth or something?
It make no cents.

"Cents", geddit?! I'll show myself out now...
It sounds like it makes 50 of them. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
axelthefox

Post by axelthefox »

One thing i wonder is how to play guitar fast. On certain rocksmith songs like ones by Dragonforce,the notes pass fast.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It probably takes a ton of practice.
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

Foxyfluff wrote:One thing i wonder is how to play guitar fast. On certain rocksmith songs like ones by Dragonforce,the notes pass fast.
Tapping and sweep picking.
Just an Arc
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I write song lyrics to put into my fantasy novel, if that counts. :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that definitely does count as you being a musician then. :P
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I'd say that makes him a poet and/or lyricist. music is usually needed to be a musician. P
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well you just need one more ingredient then!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

ArcWolf wrote:
Foxyfluff wrote:One thing i wonder is how to play guitar fast. On certain rocksmith songs like ones by Dragonforce,the notes pass fast.
And digitally speeding up your song.

Dragonforce is pretty close to the top of how fast the guitar can be played by humans. If you can't play that fast, you're pretty normal. Most people, including professionals, can't. But there's more to being good than just technical speed, so I wouldn't feel bad about it.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I'd say that makes him a poet and/or lyricist. music is usually needed to be a musician. P
Writing for songs is certainly something I'd love to do someday. ^_^
axelthefox

Post by axelthefox »

Sleet wrote:
ArcWolf wrote:
And digitally speeding up your song.

Dragonforce is pretty close to the top of how fast the guitar can be played by humans. If you can't play that fast, you're pretty normal. Most people, including professionals, can't. But there's more to being good than just technical speed, so I wouldn't feel bad about it.
I think some guitariasts who songs i should practice on are probably Trey Azagthoth ,michael angelo batio and yngwie malmsteen
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Michael Angelo Batio's songs are basically nothing but practice songs. Absurdly fast and clean, but no real musical passion. Robotic in all the best and worst ways. :P
axelthefox

Post by axelthefox »

I wonder if anyone knows where to find a extender cable that is male/female. Cause according to the manual for the THD hot plate,i need one,but i can't find one anywhere. it's for the speaker of a combo amp.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

What sort of cable exactly are you trying to extend?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

axelthefox

Post by axelthefox »

I already said it in my message. speaker cable on my combo amp.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yes, but different speakers use different cables. It could be one of those fat headphone like cables like guitars use, or a three pin cable like microphones use or a power cable or even bare wire that gets wrapped under a screw.

Assuming you mean the type of cable pictured below, I think male-female cables don't exist but you can buy adapters from Amazon pretty cheaply that'll let you use a regular cable. I'm sure you could get them from ebay or from a local music shop if Amazon doesn't ship to wherever you are too.

Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

biddyfox

Post by biddyfox »

I play bass guitar, though I'm dabbling in drums. I played keyboards for a year but never really learned anything.
I also play harmonica.
Wish I could play guitar, but I only know 3 chords!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Hey another bassist who's awful at the regular guitar! :D

Also, generally you wanna avoid too many connectors. Ideally you'd just get a really long 1/4" rather than add an extender to what you have.
biddyfox

Post by biddyfox »

There seems to be a lot of bassists on this forum. Maybe we should start a very, very loud, very, very low-register band.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I joked about having a bass quintet in my college jazz band. Our director wasn't a fan of the idea.

I'd be the bass bass since I have a B string. :B
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

What really helped me speed up my playing was playing scales. From standard Major and Minor scales, to pentatonic scales. After getting comfortable with playing a scale by memory, I would try to play the scales faster and faster. Part of being able to play fast, especially when it comes to riffs, is being deft enough to make a smooth, but quick transition along the fret board. It's a skill that comes in handy if you want to play something more on the technical side, as individual notes are more enunciated.

When it comes to the sheer speed of the notes, practicing tremolo picking is an absolute must. Since I played drums (specifically Grindcore) before I played guitar, having to play blast beats already prepared me to move my hand fast. It just requires more precision when it comes to guitar.

Bass is something else that is a gem. I actually learned how to play 6-, 7-, and 8-string guitars before learning to even play a 4-string bass. Now that I play a 6-string bass, I have a deep appreciation for the instrument, as there is a lot of variety with what you can do with it.
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I learned to play on a 5-string, actually! I figured it'd be more natural to start with it from the very beginning than learn on a 4-string and then upgrade later.
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

I'm somewhat of a musician. I've sold some sounds to people for projects and things and I think I was on internet radio like once. I play a few things and I was in Band in middleschool, but sadly not middle school or college.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not sure that this counts since it was only for one year and it was a spur of the moment thing but I was in chorus in my last year of elementary school (6th grade).
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

Being a singer counts as being a musician. At least, to me it does.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Even if it was just for one year and I never did anything like it again?
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

Sure. You just retired early. I think it comes down to if you enjoyed doing the thing.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I only did it because it was the last year I was at that school since I was going on to middle school and I wanted to go out with a bang. Which is funny because when I graduated high school I didn't do anything like that (we didn't get a middle school graduation since it was just 2 grades: 7th and 8th).
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

So you were in one of those school systems that had that weird annex with 5th and 6th grade together?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Nope. Originally when I was in school, the configuration of half of the districts elementary school was K–5 and the other half was K–6. The school I was in had K–6. All the middle schools where 6–8 because the elementary schools that didn't have a 6th grade needed a place to send their 5th grade students. But I grew up believing that elementary was K–6, middle school was 7–8 and high school was 9–12.
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

Huh, What an odd system.
Dogglar

Post by Dogglar »

Yeah it's weird sometimes. Used to have an "intermediate School" so it would be an off-site Pre-School, K-3 in one building, 4-5 in the "Intermediate School", and now where I reside in the education system, 9-12, soon to be Junior.

And to be on topic to the thread question, Bass Drummer in Marching Band. My back hates me.
B.E.A.R. PMC
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

Huh. I've only been to two school systems and it's been 1-5, 6-8, 9-12 and that's all I've personally ever know.

And ah, I used to be brass before I went contemporary band. I was a tuba/baritone player.