What is your motivation or rolemodel?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Azsassin

What is your motivation or rolemodel?

Post by Azsassin »

The title says it all, who is your rolemodel? Or modivation. It can be a person like Rick, the comic, hero, or even a housepets charecter! If you rick is reading this, what is your motivation to create the comic? Anybody can answer if they would like!
Never join something you can't quit. Join something you will stay in.
~Kevin Fan~
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: What is your motivation or rolemodel?

Post by Sleet »

I don't really have a role model, but I'm motivated to become the best person I can be to do the best things I can for the world!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Azsassin

Post by Azsassin »

Sleet wrote:I don't really have a role model, but I'm motivated to become the best person I can be to do the best things I can for the world!
That's... Awesome! The world needs more people like you. I don't think I have a role model... Just a favorite charecter but my motivation is like that too but a little diffrent.
Never join something you can't quit. Join something you will stay in.
~Kevin Fan~
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I never really considered what motivates me, I suppose I would just rather have made a difference than have sat by and done nothing to stop a problem.
Characters? I suppose most cartoon and comic heros, along with a few old fashioned deities.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I have quite a few people I that I would say are role models.
Johhny Rotten and Henry Rollins because besides being punk legends they are also very eloquent and politically conscious.
Because I think they are willing to.talk about important issues despite the fact that they are controversial and make them outcasts in many circles and because i generally agree with them I consider bill Maher, Dan Savage, and Richard Dawkins role models.
And finally George A. Romero and John Waters. I look up to Romero because he can make awesome zombie movies that are full of social commentary and he inspired me to try to do the same. John Waters is just an unapologetic director who.uses shock value and bad taste to drive home his social.commentaries.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I don;t really have role models. I suppose for my voice acting dreams, I look up to a lot of people, but I don't model myself after them
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
BassGroove

Post by BassGroove »

I shall do something useful today and I shall do it as well as I can, for true contentment comes only in the doing of honest work well.

-Henry Ford

Keeps a smile on my face while at work.
I don't ever remember someone telling me they got hurt from doing something smart -Myself
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Its at times like this that I remember the best advice that my father ever gave me. I was about 10 no 11 at the time, sitting on the couch reading a book and he sat down next me, put his hand on my shoulder and he said something that I have carried with me ever since. He said, "Radio. You are ugly, stupid and useless and no one will ever love you."

And you know what? He was right.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

Seth wrote:Johhny Rotten and Henry Rollins because besides being punk legends they are also very eloquent and politically conscious.
No Jello? Jello Biafra is one of my favorites, he's a really cool and intelligent punk. He ran for mayor of San Francisco in '79 and attempted to run for president some years ago.
Panda Panda Panda
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Don't have any role models either, but my motivations these days are one of my closest cousins and ~ yes ~ Rick Griffin.

My cousin was the one that got me into gaming when I was a kid. He showed me the original Final Fantasy and the Little Ninja Brothers ~ the amazing games of the NES those days when I was just playing Kung Fu and Super Mario. There were a fair group of low quality games where I was, but the games he bought were very popular and new at the time. He also frequently signed up for Nintendo Power, which I could never do.

Rick Griffin is the other one since he gave me renewed hope in web comics and newspaper comics in general. I been down with them since archie comics was in general going on the rehash department. I wanna see him succeed and see if that motivation gets me into doing something someday as well ~ like writing and possibly drawing.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Punchy wrote:
Seth wrote:Johhny Rotten and Henry Rollins because besides being punk legends they are also very eloquent and politically conscious.
No Jello? Jello Biafra is one of my favorites, he's a really cool and intelligent punk. He ran for mayor of San Francisco in '79 and attempted to run for president some years ago.
I would put Jello in that group as well but for some reason he just didn't pop into my head when I was thinking about this. Probably because as much as I love the Dead Kennedy's I'm a bigger fan of the Sex Pistols and Black Flag.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I always think that having no motivation is a cause of depression, but maybe depression is a cause of no motivation. In any case, the 2 go hand in hand. But yeah, I suppose Total Biscuit on youtube is the biggest role model I have. He's a great guy, high standards, and managed to get into USA to be with his wife, even after being declined on first attempt.

...anyway, Sleet, you might like Aristotle.
Last edited by 44R0NM10 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

I'm motivated to create pieces of theater that tell a clear fun story to people and not something pretentious

my rolemodel....Edwin McCain
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

For my art its:
http://sango-bluewolf.deviantart.com/
and
http://psyduck-mcgee.deviantart.com/
It's the quality I strive for.
And also a girl in my class called Helen. She generally doesn't like me and I don't particularly like her, but we admire each other art a lot. It's the only time we'll ever talk is when we're commenting on each other's work cause we value the praise and critique.

As for a role model as a person, well that's my tattoo. (Bare with me xD) My tattoo is the same as my persona/fursona's, they are designed to be who I want to be as a person. It's what I strive for mentally and physically, it's why I got the tattoo, so I will never forget what and who I want to be.
I also admire my dad a lot. I have a hell of a lot of respect for him... Even if he is the stupidest genius in the world, sometimes. xD
'Cata acceptio obscuro mea ténebris ego fio totum' ~ Laxan Tanax Enore
'I made ​​all my dark morning by the acceptance of the dark'
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

My rolemodel and motivation is my sister.

I won't say much about her, but she puts up with a lot more than anyone I know. She is really strong and always teaches me what I should and shouldn't do from her past experiences and how to be a better person, she is always there for me and I've been there for her, today especially. I don't know how different I would be without her, probably not as clingy, playful and relaxed as I am now.
Make Pasta not war.
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

Dylan wrote:My rolemodel and motivation is my sister.

I won't say much about her, but she puts up with a lot more than anyone I know. She is really strong and always teaches me what I should and shouldn't do from her past experiences and how to be a better person, she is always there for me and I've been there for her, today especially. I don't know how different I would be without her, probably not as clingy, playful and relaxed as I am now.
What a lovely thing to write. Has your sister seen this post
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

My role models are Inuyasha, Naruto, and Sora. They're just... I really can't explain it.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Japanese?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Oh yeah. If anybody wants a rolemodel, pick Sleet. He or She is a good rolemodel. Won't go into details as to why... You can figure them out youselves, assuming you don't already know the reasons.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

That's actually true, I look up to Sleet in a lot of ways.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

*blushblushblushbluh*
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Obviously everyone looks up to me, how could you not? *Bricked*

Actually, my Dad was, and still is, a big influence on me. He got me interested in knowing how to do physical work, like changing oil or fixing up an old trailer. A lot of this has translated into me having a general knowledge of how to do things. I don't excel at any one particular thing, like I couldn't wire an entire house, but I could (safely) change an outlet or troubleshoot why a three-way switch isn't working. (Actually, come to think of it, I probably could wire 90% of a house if I had to. I know how to do everything except the breaker panel I think.)

I do a lot of handyman stuff like my Dad right now, and I have one customer who just keeps going on about how wonderful I am and that I really know my stuff, and at such a young age too. 90% of that is due to my Dad. I can't honestly think of a better person to look up to in the long run.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

My role model is Shawntae Howard, a anthropormorphic artist. He's everything I wish I could be, well off, married, his own house and car.