Tell us about your Username

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Re: Tell us about your Username

Post by Obbl »

Czukay wrote:Here's a video with Holger Czukay, and yes he does say his name in it, and that's how you pronounce it :P
Oh! Shoo-Kye! Why didn't you just say so? :lol:
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Hlaoroo wrote:I think reverberation would be the closest word in English then. I love those difficult to translate terms. Makes you realise how inadequate English is sometimes. :P

My name, Hlaoroo, is from the book Watership Down by Richard Adams. It's a Lapine word (Lapine being the language of the rabbits in the book) which is the name of one of the rabbits and which means a small depression or a little wooden bowl, or Pipkin. Pipkin was one of my favourite characters so I borrowed the name when I couldn't get the name Hrairoo working on here. And yes, I am the same Hrairoo or Hrairoo5er that used to pop up in the comments section on the website from time to time.

As to how it's pronounced, well you'd have to ask Adams for the proper pronunciation but how I do it is a sort of breath before the L and then a like apple, then ow like cow and then roo like kangaroo. You can hear me say it in my Ice Bucket Challenge video at about 5-6 seconds in.
Hey, I wasn't wrong for once!
Whosjama wrote:My suspicions were correct! I loved playing Civ 3 though I had little understanding of the game, I usually devolved into building up a 100 strong stack and steam-rolling anything in my way. Good times. :)
Yeah, that's pretty much all I ever do, every time.

Anyways, I just picked the first name that I thought of after my 2nd full read-through of the archives. I didn't really expect to use it much, and I definitely didn't originally plan on impersonating Kitsune in the forum games. :P But I've actually been thinking about making it my "default". I've gone by other names (Liv3mau5 on FurAffinity, Enerjak on DeviantArt, etc.), but they've never really been more than names before.
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Speaking of pronunciations of names, I pronounce mine like Dee Tea Lux One. Just thought I would say this, as I have heard it pronounced many ways, examples are dltux and dtlux as one word. I have also seen Poked, as my name on Skype was (╯ ゚ヮ゚)╯♫☆pokedtlux1☆♫(╯ ゚ヮ゚)╯. When I changed it because it was annoying in conversations, I changed it to ★pokedtlux1★ so people could keep calling me that.

I say my name in a something my friend remixed, here it is.

It also slightly annoys me when people capitalize the D, as in Dtlux, but this is something I can overlook, as it is more proper that way. I don't tend to ever say anything about that.
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Well the Invi in my Username comes from Invisible which has its roots within the time i went to school (around grade 5-6). Back in the days i managed it most times to appear within a group of people without them knowing where i was coming from. I was just there. Thats when they said "Dude ur like invisible". That led to my first gaming nick "Da_Invisible". After some time i changed it to Invisible but that was taken in Forums most of the time and the inflation did the rest and i couldn`t pay the more letters anymore so i shortened it to Invi. Yeah i know bad joke ^^ It`s just the short form i kept for Friends and cause like i said Invisible is mostly already taken. Later when i got involved with Anime and Manga i started to add a San to it.

Well thats about it ^^
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

mine name's punchy cuz i'm fruity
dtlux1 wrote:I pronounce mine like Dee Tea Lux One.
In my head I say "deetlux"... I don't know why, but that's how I read it.
Panda Panda Panda
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Punchy wrote:mine name's punchy cuz i'm fruity
Same here.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Punchy wrote:mine name's punchy cuz i'm fruity
Same.
Hello, low order beings!

Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

I had deemed the name almost unpronounceable, so I just read it as D.T. Lux.

One of those weird cases where I got something right.

Huh.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

See, this is why I knew I should post it. :lol:

Oh well, that is actually the most accurate pronunciation I have heard for my name. That is just the way I pronounce it, I guess that could be another way to do it. I know once I get a pronunciation in my mind, it is hard to change it. Bino.
deepskycyan wrote:I had deemed the name almost unpronounceable, so I just read it as D.T. Lux.

One of those weird cases where I got something right.

Huh.
Good job. Even if it was something you went to because you thought you couldn't pronounce it. :lol:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hey! I've been pronouncing your name right after all!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey is actually a nickname of Authors, the full nickname being Mickey Mouse. The Mickey part comes from her full name first name, *cough, cough*, and the Mouse part from her slightly-high voice. (Plus her Mickey Mouse impression ain't half-bad)

Sorry to all of you who thought that this account was named after me.

And to all of you that pronounce my little mouse's Mick-E. Believe it or not, when I designed her, I wanted her to be very unique. Her name is actually said Mick-A, but she responds to either. The account name is Mick-E though.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Does this mean I can't sing the song "Hey Mickey"?
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Do it. It makes her angry especially when she doesn't know where it's coming from.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

♪Oh Mickey you're so fine. You're so fine you blow my mind, hey Mickey. Hey, hey, hey Mickey. Hey hey,♪
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

my username is really just the first letter of my name with "THE" and "MAN" at either end.
I never tell people my real name online, so its HILARIOUS to watch them guess at it. That's why i use it everywhere
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

The-J-Man wrote:my username is really just the first letter of my name with "THE" and "MAN" at either end.
I never tell people my real name online, so its HILARIOUS to watch them guess at it. That's why i use it everywhere
Jordan! John! Josh! Jehosephat! Jesus! Judintipleximontopolous!
Hello, low order beings!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Is it something unconventional?
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I'm just going to assume that your name is "Jeff" just like mine, except you actually spell it "Geoff" and you use the letter "J" because you're talking about the sound the letter makes, not the actual letter itself. :P
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

i am enjoying every word of your guessing. but to tell you my name would break the tradition...no hints either
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Then can we use a lifeline? xD

Just joking. If you don't want your name revealed, I won't push it.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

James, Justin, Josef, Jennifer, Julia, Jude, Jochen, Jake, Jerry

Okay, don't tell us your name. But you could say later if your name was one of the ones we guessed without telling it.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Douglas Collier

Is your name found in one of these 7 pages? X3
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

My name is trekkie ( pronounced trek-ee)because I like Star Trek. My favorite Star trek character was the doctor from Voyager so that is why he is my avatar.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

The-J-Man wrote:my username is really just the first letter of my name with "THE" and "MAN" at either end.
I'm gonna guess it's Jay

or Jorge... or maybe ever Jose.
Panda Panda Panda
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

I could watch you guys guess at it all day. But one of you got it right on that list of names. My real name Is:
Jonathan
Douglas Collier

Yay, I win! :lol:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You win the chance to be mauled by a giant angry centipede! FUN!
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Douglas Collier wrote:Yay, I win! :lol:
Your prize is now keeping up with the billions of RP's we've got going. Have fun!
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:♪Oh Mickey you're so fine. You're so fine you blow my mind, hey Mickey. Hey, hey, hey Mickey. Hey hey,♪
I love this in the most nerdy way possible.

My username is my first online username I created, it is not my favourite but too late now.
At the time I was overcome with nerdiness and decided to name my profiles after my (at the time) favourite yugioh card Number 9: Dyson Sphere. Since then I have grown to prefer Number 92: Heart-eartH Dragon but that's beside the point.
Hi Hi Pie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

You can change your username if you want to. It's never too late for that. All you have to do is send Diss a PM asking him to change it and giving him your new username and he'll do it for you. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Mecklenburgball

Post by Mecklenburgball »

I like polandball comics, I'm from mecklenburg and I'm awesomly uncreative... sooo...
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Mine is a Frankenstein of older usernames so I lost the track.
But I can tell that "ts" means TheSandbox and my regular username on other forums is either MKG or TheSandboxMKG.
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If I did that for all of my old usernames it would be unintelligible. :D
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

DeviantArt had a questionnaire with this, so just going to copy/paste the whole thing.

Okay, long and embarrassing story. It was church camp, think I was 14. My brother warned me that despite the environment it would be, pranks should be expected. So yeah, started when I interrupted an attempted prank on me. First off, those guys just couldn't be good at keeping a secret. Suddenly stopped talking when I walked into the dorms, then when they left I noticed my key was missing. Room mate sucked at being subtle about it, too, couldn't stop giggling. So yeah, turned out I was awake when they tried to paint my finger nails. They silently left. So I took advantage of the fact that I was wide awake and the door was open to see what other pranks were taking place. Shaving cream on the door knobs seemed about it, but then I heard a chase going on down the hall, but too dark to make out, so I went to bed, of course locking the door. The pranksters at least had the decency to leave my key afterwards. So, next day I learned from a friend that some people were chasing a dude in a gorilla suit for trying to scare them. So I responded, "if I ever see that monkey, I'm going to pop a cap in him!"

People, remember that I was once a stupid little 14-year-old.
...Still a little stupid :).

Friend, however, found this funny, and exclaimed, "Daniel is about to rock this place! I know, we'll call you D-Rock!" And it has stuck all of these years. Some people at the church still call me that. Even those that joined much later after these events. I've obviously embraced it. On DA, I've added "92" at the end because "D-Rock" was already taken.

So that's my story. I still feel like burying my face in my hands when I talk about this. :oops:
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You should always expect pranks at church camp because it would be boring otherwise.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I dunno. I loved Church camp when I was younger and we never had any pranks there aside from a stinkbomb one year. Pranks are to be expected from young teenagers, I think. :P

Thanks for the great story though, D-Rock!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

I never had to deal with church camp, and I'm thankful for that. :P

Cosmic Coyote is simple enough. I like the space and the cosmos, I'm a big fan of canines and coyotes in particular have that American Mountain West/Southwestern flair to them. I'm also a sucker for alliteration.

The other name I use honestly has the more amusing back story. I was signing up for an account on an online game and the name I (at the time) usually used was taken. Lacking other ideas, I looked down to my shirt, which happened to have a shark on it. So I came up with McSharkson on a whim, and, when I started playing other games with the friends I made there, the name just... stuck. Still have the shirt, though it's faded over the years.
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I also like Western names and cowboys in general so if anybody has anything that has to do with a cowboy or a cowboy role-play character or something that reminds me of a cowboy, I'm pretty much all over it.
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

Mine is just a random little nickname I sometimes used in 8th grade. I then just added the number 18 because I've always liked it I guess.
There's no place like home...except the Housepets home page.
Trey

Post by Trey »

Meh it's nothing cryptic about mine, that's just my sona's name though on plenty of other forums/in games I'd attach dobe or dobie to the end since he is a doberman 8-)