Tell us about your Username

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

IdleCurator

Re: Tell us about your Username

Post by IdleCurator »

My new user name has a lot less interesting backstory.
I needed a name of fitting length to play the Pokemon MMO. I started googling synonyms for words that describe me like lazy and library (I like books), the results adventualy was Idle (not doing much hence lazy) and Curator (similar to a librarian I like libraries and books).
Hi Hi Pie
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wow that is actually a very unique way to get a name! I would never think of something like that.
what

Post by what »

the username that i use for everything has a naughty word in it so i had to think of something fast

and here we are

im very gay
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Yeah, I knew.

You avatar tells that :lol:
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I didn't know that you could register with a username that is dirty on a forum.
what

Post by what »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I didn't know that you could register with a username that is dirty on a forum.
well not here

but i mean, for stuff like soundcloud, tumblr, youtube, etc. the name's my go-to.

im very gay
JonnyNova

Post by JonnyNova »

It's pretty simple for me. I've been using GalacticNova (which is a Kirby Super Star reference) on most sites for a while now. When I made this account I wanted it to be a bit more personal so I put my name into it to get JonnyNova.
*purrs loudly*

Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

My username is a combination of my first name (Ryder) and my grandma's surname (War Club)
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Like Dallas I am a Star Trek fan, we’re nicknamed trekkies.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Chubbo

Post by Chubbo »

Mine comes from a meme one of my ex's sent me for a Valentine's day. It was like a chubby kitten and it said "You're cuter than a chubbo kitten" and I took Chubbo up as a nickname ever since (especially since I am quite chubby).
Owner of the housepets ranking tumblr https://housepets-character-rankings.tumblr.com/

I do rp I'm just nervous to ask to join
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Mine is pretty simple really, I'm a pretty nervous type and am generally pretty daunted by everything life throws at me although most would call me a optimist I think and I'm a Deer ;) ( I had to create the name in a rush when I sent off my first guest comic and realised I didn't have one and I've stuck with it).
Daunted Deer
Disproportionately Dappled
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

I dunno if I posted on here explaining mine yet. Probably have, but it was ages ago so it's now buried.

I actually got my blue fox fursona first before deciding on "The Blue Fox" (which is obviously based on my fursona) as my username, which I now use in most online discussion places I participate in.
I just couldn't come up with anything more imaginitive that suited me. I got all the imagination of a wet paper bag apparently. :roll:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I thought that you chose that name so you could screw all the rules and do what you wanted? xD
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:56 am I thought that you chose that name so you could screw all the rules and do what you wanted? xD
That came afterwards. It's just a reference to Yu Gi Oh abridged where it has Seto Kaiba say "Screw the rules, I have money"

I don't actively screw any rules, I just liked the quote quite a bit for a while, there.

I've been thinking of ditching it, though, since it don't really represent who I am personality wise. I dunno if any quote does.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I always thought it was a fun quote :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

A quote about my personality would be something about how it resembles a robot. :oops:
Harry Johnathan

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:01 pm A quote about my personality would be something about how it resembles a robot. :oops:
Nah, fam, you're sweet and charming.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

Vertigo Fox is just the name I usually use on my music projects. It's the second artist name I came up with (the first one I used for less than a year 'cause it was... kind of embarrassing, and just a stopgap while I tried to come up with a better one) and it's the one that stuck. I'm not entirely sure how I came up with it or why it stuck... if I have an animal piece to my identity I think it's more like some kind of big cat than a fox.
More than likely I think it's just that "Vertigo" has the connotation of being in a high place and "Fox" has the connotation of cleverness, so the two combined feel like a generally positive representation of what I try to do.

As for why I use it here, that's a bit clearer at least... I used to have a huge amount of fun coming up with new usernames for every site I'd visit or every game I'd play. Practically a game itself. Over the past five years or so I've been trying to ease up on it so that I can actually remember what I call myself in any given place. I still occasionally come up with new ones but I keep the ones I actually use to names that seem like they'll stick with me for a long time.
Vertigo Fox is obviously on that list 'cause it's already stuck with me for the longest, and on a site that's more or less about artwork, creativity and craziness, it made sense to use the name I've associated with that.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I honestly would have thought that you would have used a username that has something to do with big cats. XD
96N64player

Post by 96N64player »

If my username looks like it's been generated by a computer, it's because I have no creativity. :|
Its based around my favorite video game system, the Nintendo 64.
I just combined its North American launch year (1996) and its common abbreviation (N64) and stuck player at the end and there ya go.
96N64player_3D_LOGO (1).gif
96N64player_3D_LOGO (1).gif (205.1 KiB) Viewed 7796 times
As a matter of fact, I have been using the same username for years now, but honestly haven't been able to come up with a better one..
Philippians 3:13
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
Harry Johnathan

96N64player wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:04 pm If my username looks like it's been generated by a computer, it's because I have no creativity. :|
Its based around my favorite video game system, the Nintendo 64. I just combined its North American launch year (1996) and its common abbreviation (N64) and stuck player at the end and there ya go!
I thought that was pretty smart of you to combine the launch year with the console name!
96N64player wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:04 pm As a matter of fact, I have been using the same username for years now, but honestly haven't been able to come up with a better one..
Jean Coyote was an alright username.
96N64player

Post by 96N64player »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:21 pm
96N64player wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:04 pm As a matter of fact, I have been using the same username for years now, but honestly haven't been able to come up with a better one..
Jean Coyote was an alright username.
Well, it's not as creative as I would have liked. :| Oh well.
Philippians 3:13
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I live in New Hampshire (which not many people admit to since not many people do) and my first name is Weston. Clever, huh?

Hey, I heard all those yawns.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:26 pm I live in New Hampshire (which not many people admit to since not many people do) and my first name is Weston. Clever, huh?

Intriguing, I'd not heard of Weston as a first name before so assumed it was a middle or surname (I lead a sheltered life and don't travel much :-) )
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Honestly I never heard of it as a first name either and assumed it was his last name also.
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

I only use this username for this site. My furry friends know my normal username, and if they ever figure out that I, a non-furry, read a furry comic (that I know several of them read as well, though none use the forums), I'd NEVER hear the end of it. Thus was born CuriousCnidarian, which reflects my interest in deep sea life/marine invertebrate paleontology, and has the nice appearance of alliteration (though the "C" in cnidarian is silent)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I was thinking that Cnidarian was one of the creatures from the Willy Wonka books for a while until I look it up. I was confusing them with "Vermicious Knids". XP
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

DDeer wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:06 pm
NHWestoN wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:26 pm I live in New Hampshire (which not many people admit to since not many people do) and my first name is Weston. Clever, huh?

Intriguing, I'd not heard of Weston as a first name before so assumed it was a middle or surname (I lead a sheltered life and don't travel much :-) )
It's not common. My Dad and Grandfather were both Weston. So, naturally, I named my son Paul. ;)
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:01 am
DDeer wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:06 pm

It's not common. My Dad and Grandfather were both Weston. So, naturally, I named my son Paul. ;)
Makes sense ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that actually works out also.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

CuriousCnidarian wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:41 pm I only use this username for this site. My furry friends know my normal username, and if they ever figure out that I, a non-furry, read a furry comic (that I know several of them read as well, though none use the forums), I'd NEVER hear the end of it. Thus was born CuriousCnidarian, which reflects my interest in deep sea life/marine invertebrate paleontology, and has the nice appearance of alliteration (though the "C" in cnidarian is silent)
I think you explained that once before - but such a wonderful story deserves repeating :)
IsraeliDisneyFan

Post by IsraeliDisneyFan »

I'm from Israel, thus I'm an Israeli, and I really like Disney stuff, mostly animation stuff, because of this I studied animation
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

In case anyone wants to know what I am referring to, THIS is what my username is named for if you don't know what it means.
Attachments
image.png
image.png (10.4 KiB) Viewed 5242 times
image.png
image.png (811 Bytes) Viewed 5242 times
image.png
image.png (6.3 KiB) Viewed 5242 times
TyVulpintaur

Post by TyVulpintaur »

The first part (Ty) is named after James T. Kirk. The second half went through several variations. Originally, it was just "Vulpine". Then, someone suggested "Solpine" since Ty was a macro. Then it became "Soltaur", and then finally the Vulpintaur it is now. TyVulpintaur
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Since you are a macro does that mean you are a giant that towers over everybody? I know micro means that you are really small.
TyVulpintaur

Post by TyVulpintaur »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:55 pm Since you are a macro does that mean you are a giant that towers over everybody? I know micro means that you are really small.
Dang, late response, but yeah. Ty can change size from a minimum of 10 feet tall to unlimited feet tall, with 150 feet as the default height. I originally limited him to a max of 2,000 feet tall, but after The Agency III, where his limiter was removed, he was no longer limited on the upper end.
MischaTheWolf

Post by MischaTheWolf »

Yo, that's cool. I imagine that power comes with its advantages, though being indoors might be difficult.

I have a few usernames but I picked my most boring one for this sight. My nickname is Mischa and my fursona is part wolf. It's a shame I didn't register with my other email, then I'd have a really interesting story to tell XD.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Now I sort of want you to tell the story despite the fact that it isn't actually your username. If its that amusing I wanna really hear about it.
MischaTheWolf

Post by MischaTheWolf »

I made an account in the Los Angeles airport (LAX) and intended to use that account to store garbage, so I called it "Laxtrash". That just stuck and became my username on several sites, and it was the username I registered here initially with, though that one didn't get through moderation but this one later did.

My mom hates that username though and says she hopes any future employers of mine won't see it as she claims it looks very unprofessional lol.