What Are You Doing Today?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Re: What Are You Doing Today?

Post by SeanWolf »

Working on stories (HousepetZ and a novel) --- Giggling at a stupid joke from 'What We Do In The Shadows' (Trust me, look up the Babadook scene from that show and try not to laugh at the punchline) --- Finishing up Christmas Shopping (Yes, I start early).
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Watching funny scenes from Steve Harvey's run on Family Feud. His facial expressions and the fact that he is insistent the show is going to the Netherworld is hilarious.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Watching the sixth game of the Red Sox - Astros game. Astros just scored their second run at the bottom of the sixth inning and Boston has yet to score. Time for another Sam Adams.

Sigh.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

About to go take a shower before bed because for some reason my room is always humid and I feel uncomfortable.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sophie and I are getting ready to go out for the papers so we can read about last night's debacle. Oh, well, that's why God invented next year.....

Maybe the Dodgers will pull it off and I can watch Mookie homer. Mebbee.....
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:01 am Sophie and I are getting ready to go out for the papers so we can read about last night's debacle. Oh, well, that's why God invented next year.....

Maybe the Dodgers will pull it off and I can watch Mookie homer. Mebbee.....
Don't follow baseball (not because I dislike it as such, it's just not shown much), I'm assuming the Red Sox were on a run up to this point? Was it a final? I'm guessing it didn't finish as you'd hoped! Oh, well better luck next time.

Had a lazy day playing board games, needed a break. Shopping day yesterday, picked up a manga (Tsubasa - from CLAMP, the makers of Cardcapture Sakura). Trying to memorize a few Irish tunes.
Disproportionately Dappled
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Went to go and check on my grandaunt because my granduncle (her husband) had a heart attack.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:04 pm Went to go and check on my grandaunt because my granduncle (her husband) had a heart attack.
Praying for your uncle.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He is going to need a heck of a lot more prayers and for people to pray harder as he is in his late-80s and has to have open heart surgery now. :cry:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hoping for good reports, Harry.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Right now I am trying to figure out what to have for dinner.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Took a long walk in the autumn sun and now I'm reading a book. Mom's off shopping. Sophie wants to snuggle which is kinda unusual for her, probably anxious about the missus. Sophie loves her "dad" but she adores her "mom".

We had planned to go to Florida for her nephew's wedding but some of the other family guests are getting anxious over the Covid. We'll see.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Took my youngest cat to get spayed today. I was surprised that it didn't take long. I dropped her off at 9 and got her at 1.
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

Learning Japanese
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

OdedZeituni98 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:55 pm Learning Japanese
Neat! Why Japanese, Oded, just out of curiosity? :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that he just really likes the culture so he is doing it. Most of his artwork does seem to be inspired by Japanese items.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sitting at home on a dreary day, drinking a bourbon and watching college football. University of New Hampshire must took the lead against the University of Richmond. Slow, rainy afternoon..... :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Catching up on things I didn't do because I have a really BAD habit of procrastinating which I am trying (and failing) to break.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Trying to get ready for a trip we may not take come mid-November. A nephew is getting married in Florida and, originally, most of the family on both sides were planning to be there. However, with the continued Covid crazyness (oooh, nice aliteration there), a lot of folks are getting cold feet. We've had our jabs and boosters but there are still anxieties. Then there's all the loonies at the check-ins, the waiting areas, and in midflight - we allergic to "perpeturally enraged people." So we're getting ready today but still got about ten days to back out.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Working on my comic.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Playing World War Z on Xbox and enjoying a nice glass of Lemon Tea
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I went to a "Friendsgiving" party that my mother's friend threw which is like Thanksgiving but for friends. I had turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing and got my drink on with three glasses of white wine and two shots. One was a Cinnamon Toast Crunch shot and the other was Apple Moonshine. Then we played Cards Against Humanity.

Alcohol and Cards Against Humanity is a really great mix. XD
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Getting through the unopened mail with a steam shovel. :roll:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Clearing all of the leaves in the yard. Next year we had BETTER get a lawn service for this because its so dang tedious.
Chieris

Post by Chieris »

Staying at home and attending online classes. The best part that I was only notified yesterday afternoon, on my way home, but I only saw it in the Messenger group, no emails came from the university about going online again. The Maths teacher sent a message that his classes will be online, 50 minutes before beginning.
Also the house is almost fully locked, since recently someone tried to open up our gate, probably wanted to steal our car, but fortunately they didn't succeed, but since it's also possible they wanted to break into the house, my father said that I should keep everything locked.
I dunno, just imagine something funny here

And also just to advertise myself:
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/chieris/
https://www.deviantart.com/dangraythewolf
Retrospring for my Housepets characters: https://retrospring.net/@Garfield474
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Working on improving my life mentally and physically finally. Sunday was the straw that broke the camel's back and I intend to fix said back.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

My next door neighbor came over and brought her Scottie dog, Brody. He and Sophie had a nice little reunion, and we chatted for about an hour about this, that, and the other thing. We did coffee while Brody got to tour Sophie's living space (I did pick up her sheep doll; Sophie's doll came with Sophie when she joined our household and she whines when she feels it might be in jeopardy even though Brody is always the perfect Scottish gentlemen).

One of the other neighbor's is quarantined for Covid - mercifully NOT the omnicron strain. The virus has come back strong in northern New England.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I have to get up early tomorrow to go pick out a tree in the park to decorate with my mother in honor of my deceased grandparents. Luckily the still living grandmother who had a stroke then didn't then did seems to be fine.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Went back to the gym - not sure I'll do it again for a while. Still don't feel safe with the new omicron COVID variant now in Massachusetts.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Trying to battle the nasal congestion that I am currently dealing with and is making my life harder.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Kind of a difficult day. I had brought Sophie out to the mailbox for a short relief walk; she doesn't hike much now. A car suddenly pulled over. The driver was Marsha, an older lady who lives a couple of houses up. Since Sophie and I stopped walking the whole neighborhood circle months ago, I hadn't seen her in a long time. Her sister had visited her last week and asked, "Where's the man with the dog, the one with the foot missing who looks like a fox and has that great fluffy banner of a tail?" So she was delighted to see us.

Once she got out of her car, however, it wasn't hard to tell Sophie was not in the best of shape. Sophie remembered Marsha, but wagged her tail feebly and just a few times as energy allowed before she promptly laid down. I had to tell Marsha that Sophie was in twilight and her little life fading slowly. Marsha was clearly saddened, even a little weepy, but she petted Sophie and talked to her a little. The poor woman herself is a bit arthritic and bending over to reach Sophie took some effort. We both sighed a little, I told her some Sophie "stories", but she needed to get home before she got too cold. Sophie, too, wanted her bed and her mom so we didn't stay out long. She naps a lot now, especially on the couch where I can sit beside her and read or watch TV. Lying with her doll, she's so very still, breathing so lightly, emitting only occasionally a soft yap. Maybe she's dreamin or maybe in a twinge. That's all the comfort I can give her now .......
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You can only ask that you will get a little more time with her. Because it sounds like Sophie is on her last legs at the moment.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Sad to hear that Sophie is not feeling so well at the moment, it sounds like she has all the care she needs and a happy home, she is a very fortunate Canine, she is obviously missed in the neighbourhood when she can't make her usual walks.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am still trying to will the last bit of my nasal congestion away.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sophie had a much improved day ... unlike meinselbst who spent too much time wrestling with pins, passwords, and phones. The twenty-first century and I just can't seem to accomodate each other.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Glad to hear Sophie is feeling better, Weston.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I went from being a grieving family member to helping people grieve. My mother's friends mother died and we were at her wake. Tomorrow is the funeral.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Yeah! Go Sophie, great news she has rallied Weston, funnily enough stumbled across this song recently, the video made me think of your 3 pawed friend

https://youtu.be/F_TLHH4bss8
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just got back from my mother's friends mother funeral and collation so now I'm relaxing.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

DDeer wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:49 pm Yeah! Go Sophie, great news she has rallied Weston, funnily enough stumbled across this song recently, the video made me think of your 3 pawed friend

https://youtu.be/F_TLHH4bss8
Charming voice and video, DD. Sophie's not quite as incapacitated as that little guy - she's only missing her paw. There's a footpad about the size of a quarter on her "wrist" where a paw joint would attached. She spent the day napping for both of us while I did Christmas cards. Thanks, chum.