What Are You Doing Today?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: What Are You Doing Today?

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Catching up on a few recordings on my DVR.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Driving home from Buffalo, NY.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

NHWestoN wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:17 pm Driving home from Buffalo, NY.
The farthest I've ever been from Montana has been Minnesota and North/South Dakota, lol.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:28 pm
NHWestoN wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:17 pm Driving home from Buffalo, NY.
The farthest I've ever been from Montana has been Minnesota and North/South Dakota, lol.
Been to Montana a couple of time - beautiful country there.
Harry Johnathan

Sure is.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

So, back home - and a million little fires to put out. Wheeee!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hoping that I don't have to postpone my COVID vaccination since I had to get tested today.
Harry Johnathan

NHWestoN wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:53 am So, back home - and a million little fires to put out. Wheeee!
Big oof.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Recovering from my second and final vaccine shot against COVID and celebrating having all of my shots. :D
Harry Johnathan

Yay, Dayzee! Whoop whoop. 👍♥️🎉
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Congrats, still got my second to go.
Disproportionately Dappled
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Bills, bills, and more bills. Jes'doin' our bit for the consumer economy.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Watching the Brewers game and chilling before my next adventure begins! Also checking up on the old forums again.
*sees unread posts*
Oh no
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Still recovering from getting my second COVID vaccination since my back really hurts and I'm not sure what it is from.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Gotta get a haircut - it's beyond shoulder length now and I look like Alaric the Geezer.
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

wanna model something but don't know what
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Taxes ... mumph, mumph. mumph... :evil:
Harry Johnathan

turkestate wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:17 am Today I found a cool site about real estate in Turkey - I want to buy an apartment there by the sea - from only 50 thousand euros!
That seems kinda suspicious, bud.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Making out cards for Father's Day for my father and some uncles.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Bills and yard work. meh!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

NHWestoN wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:37 pm Bills and yard work. meh!
Really nice morning walk, though. Sophie and I ran into a distant neighbor walking his two Bernese Mountain dogs so there was an impromptu meeting of the "Waggy Tails Club". He takes wonderful care of them and they've matured into beautiful animals. Sophie really likes them, even though they tower over her (she's about the size of a large corgi). When they first met, the two were just puppies (sixty pound puppies!) and they tried to get her to play. Well, at the age of 18, Sophie is the "dowager empress" and she quickly turned into "Mama Dog" and let the whippersnappers know what's what.
To the amazement of both the neighbor and myself, they immediately calmed down and actually became submissive. So today, they started off being a little deferential but then the tails got going and they got chummy. The neighbor told me he'd had a health scare with one of them but it turned out to be nothing - Bernese Mountain dogs frequently do not live beyond ten and they're vulnerable to all kinds of afflictions. Sad. They're such sweet, beautiful gals.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Monitoring the weather and hoping it doesn't get too muggy out tomorrow which would affect my sleep.
Harry Johnathan

NHWestoN wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:49 pm
Really nice morning walk, though. Sophie and I ran into a distant neighbor walking his two Bernese Mountain dogs so there was an impromptu meeting of the "Waggy Tails Club". He takes wonderful care of them and they've matured into beautiful animals. Sophie really likes them, even though they tower over her (she's about the size of a large corgi). When they first met, the two were just puppies (sixty pound puppies!) and they tried to get her to play. Well, at the age of 18, Sophie is the "dowager empress" and she quickly turned into "Mama Dog" and let the whippersnappers know what's what.
To the amazement of both the neighbor and myself, they immediately calmed down and actually became submissive. So today, they started off being a little deferential but then the tails got going and they got chummy. The neighbor told me he'd had a health scare with one of them but it turned out to be nothing - Bernese Mountain dogs frequently do not live beyond ten and they're vulnerable to all kinds of afflictions. Sad. They're such sweet, beautiful gals.
Aw, that's coot! :D
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:49 pm
Glad to hear Sophie can hold her own, she sounds like a no nonsense kind of girl.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Going to a small party that is being held for my granduncle who is 85-years old and still going strong.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:03 pm Going to a small party that is being held for my granduncle who is 85-years old and still going strong.
Enjoy!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Don't you worry about that at all. I did enjoy every moment that I spent there. I wish that it could have lasted longer.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:02 pm Don't you worry about that at all. I did enjoy every moment that I spent there. I wish that it could have lasted longer.
That's why God invented "next time." ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just finished up cleaning tree pollen which was all over the place in the backyard. Guess its something we will have to deal with since it is our first spring here.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:53 pm Just finished up cleaning tree pollen which was all over the place in the backyard. Guess its something we will have to deal with since it is our first spring here.
I've had yard chores, too. Our yard is pretty wild but we do have some nasty weeds that need to plucked up by hand. I'm good for about an hour a day so it's gonna be a long drag.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Trying to get comfortable before I go to bed since I haven't been able to for some reason.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Reading, writin' and watching the rain come down. As May goes, this weekends more of an early November.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Went to go with my mother to visit her friend since her family had it rough. Not only did her dog die of cancer but her husband was attacked by a man who had a psychotic break and stabbed 4 times. Thankfully they were all superficial and he managed to get the scissors away from him.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:59 pm Went to go with my mother to visit her friend since her family had it rough. Not only did her dog die of cancer but her husband was attacked by a man who had a psychotic break and stabbed 4 times. Thankfully they were all superficial and he managed to get the scissors away from him.
I'm glad he escaped serious injury, Amazz. Somethings even a covid vaccine won't make better. :(
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Now I am preparing from a surprise visit from my uncle who lives in Vermont who said he was coming over today.

Hopefully he doesn't tell us he is married. He's not good with marriages. He has three ex-wives.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:43 pm Now I am preparing from a surprise visit from my uncle who lives in Vermont who said he was coming over today.

Hopefully he doesn't tell us he is married. He's not good with marriages. He has three ex-wives.
Fourth time lucky?

Reading a book about old Tokyo (Edo), amazing how it changed radically and rapidly over the years due to various catastrophes and man made forces. Hard to imagine what it looked like in the early 1900s looking at images of it now.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Stayin' out of the heat. My son's birthday is today - he turns 49.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Went to visit my grandmother's grave today as she would have been 78 today if she was still alive. She is now forever 76 because the hospital screwed up.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

NHWestoN wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:38 pm My son's birthday is today - he turns 49.
Happy Birthday to him!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

CunningFox wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:33 pm
NHWestoN wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:38 pm My son's birthday is today - he turns 49.
Happy Birthday to him!
Thankyers, fox. We had a little "Zoom party" for the occasion. He and the missus are thinking of coming out to see us. We'll see. Warmest.