What Are You Doing Today?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

DDeer

Re: What Are You Doing Today?

Post by DDeer »

A long walk and some house tidying, needed it, too many books, not enough bookshelves.
Disproportionately Dappled
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Coffee, Church, Coffee, dog-to-beach, football, dog-to-lap, Simpsons, fall asleep in front of television watching football with magazine I'm pretending to read draped over dog. Hey, it's a schedule.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Planning to binge-watch the season 17 episodes of "Hell's Kitchen" because they aired in the UK first and someone over there was kind enough to upload them on a video-sharing site.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Finished reading the Hyena and the Wolf by Adrian Tchaikovsky, last of a trilogy, highly recommend, quite an epic story line, has tribes that can shapeshift into differing animal forms, the horse are traders, the wolfs hunters etc. well worth a read, strong main characters.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Modding Skyrim (Found a total conversion mod that changes all the humans to anthros :) ).
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Wrestled with Amazon trying to return a gift - two hours of my life I'll never have back. Took Sophie to the vet (The clinic folks love her). Should work on a friend's manuscript tonight but I'll probably read some Beastars instead.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Trying to stop feeling so tired so I can get up out of bed and actually do things. So far it seems to have worked.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Mail call, recycle dump, and documents for Federal income tax. There might be a unifying theme here - large piles of redundant, decypherable paperwork.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Continuing to binge-watch season 19 of Hell's Kitchen since for the first time they aired it in the UK first.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Time to get 2004 Toyota in for the annual safety inspection. Doing our bit for small business survival and safer highways.
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

Trying to enjoy my birthday today. It'd be better if I didn't have 3 hours of Advanced Financial Management class to look forward to this evening... :(
Maybe I'll get around to spending some of that Christmas or Birthday money I still haven't spent, get myself something nice to take my mind off it :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Trying to set up a meeting with my ORS caseworker so she can help me get a JOB.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Looks like we're gonna do a little more for local small business than we'd expected. Toyota needs a lot of work and the other car needed a new battery.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

That's cars for you, just had to get new rear brake pads fitted to mine. Should keep it going though.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So I have some followup questions for NHWeston now that I have seen his post. First question: what is the 2004 Toyota? (Corolla, Camry, Prius, Avalon, Yaris)? Then what is the second car and third who drives what car?

XD
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:59 pm So I have some followup questions for NHWeston now that I have seen his post. First question: what is the 2004 Toyota? (Corolla, Camry, Prius, Avalon, Yaris)? Then what is the second car and third who drives what car?

Well, since you asked. The Toyota is a Camry. It belonged to a little old German lady and, when she left us, her daughter - a friend of ours - sold it to us. That was about 2009. The beast is showing its age, partly because its had several "parking lot kisses". Cosmetic body work is, by definition not necessary and - not by definition - too expensive. The other car is a 2013 Hyundai Elantra, mostly driven by the missus. Its in good shape. There's no third car; apologies if I misled you.

XD
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

No I just wanted to know who drove what car. I know that there are only two.

Huh. Hyundai and Toyota then? Like my parents drive except different models and years (2017 Camry and 2021 Kona).

Anyway I'm watching some Bob Ross painting videos to help me relax.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:45 pm No I just wanted to know who drove what car. I know that there are only two.

Huh. Hyundai and Toyota then? Like my parents drive except different models and years (2017 Camry and 2021 Kona).

Anyway I'm watching some Bob Ross painting videos to help me relax.
Ah, the good old Bob Ross, we get that here, happy little trees ;) . Was going to go for a walk but chucking it down so more board games for us, smallworld, 7 wonders or similar.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Dunno. It's rainin' like the blue-nosed devil out there. I'll think of something. Eventually.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Avoiding my father who is sick and we don't know with what so that makes it even more important.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Hope your dad feels better, Dayzee.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:00 pm Avoiding my father who is sick and we don't know with what so that makes it even more important.
Praying to Yah for you.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Really sorry your Dad's under the weather, Amazz. He's a teacher, isn't he?
Prayers and blessings for a fast recuperation!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Now I'm waiting to see if my father will be better tomorrow or if he will get worse.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Hoping he gets well soon Dayzee.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Nursing Zoom conference headache.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

I sympathise, I seem to go from one vitual meeting to another at work at the moment, computer technology is not my thing. Watching the Masters Snooker final (come on Yan!) feel free to call it boring ;) .
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I LOATHE Zoom. Part of it has to do with the idiots at my former job, but my dog, I always get a headache after using it.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Bourbon helps - maybe good soul and bad football will work its magic...... ;)
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

SeanWolf wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:59 pm Modding Skyrim (Found a total conversion mod that changes all the humans to anthros :) ).
Is that the pc version or the ps3?

More sledging. Coal stove warming things up nicely.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

DDeer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:59 pm
SeanWolf wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:59 pm Modding Skyrim (Found a total conversion mod that changes all the humans to anthros :) ).
Is that the pc version or the ps3?

More sledging. Coal stove warming things up nicely.
Xbox One version (They allow for mods on both the Xbox One and PS4 versions of the game now).
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

I'm gonna try to learn Tekken today so I hope that works out even a little.

Also Modding Skyrim was a fun experience the few weeks I was into that.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Do you mean Tekken the fighting game if so used to love that! (especially Tekken 3 - still got it). King (in the game) was Ace, used to be able to do the full throw combo.

Just finished the graphic novel Berlin by Jason Lutes, a fascinating read, based in the City in the lead up to World War 2 following a group of characters (some real, some imagined) living in Berlin, covers the different political movements and the turmoil they created along with the thriving Berlin nightlife and Jazz scene before the government clampdown began. Amazing drawing and must have involved a huge amount of research. Intriguing to imagine what the city must have looked like. (Not a PG rating I must warn you).

Daunted.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Getting ready for the snow that will end up rolling in for us in a few hours.
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

I do mean the fighting game. I always loved watching it as a spectator sport but never commited to learning it because 3d fighters make my brain hurt. but I'm going for it today. Maybe. Hopefully. I at least want to! Probably gonna learn Steve because he punch and I like pugilists. Or maybe Negan or Geese howard.

IS that an alternate history kinda thing? Or just historical fiction?
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

JayBarker wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:29 pm I do mean the fighting game. I always loved watching it as a spectator sport but never commited to learning it because 3d fighters make my brain hurt. but I'm going for it today. Maybe. Hopefully. I at least want to! Probably gonna learn Steve because he punch and I like pugilists. Or maybe Negan or Geese howard.

Which version have you got, I must admit I'm not the best at console games but I found I really got into Tekken.
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

The newest one. 7. The one they still play at Evo. it was on sale not to long ago with the 100 dollar version going for like 20 bucks and I couldn't pass that up. still not all the DLC characters, but its an older game at this point .
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Getting something that has $80 slashed off the price is always gonna be a tempting and a great deal even if the product doesn't have everything.
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

I'm a sucker for a good deal. If it looks like Im getting incredible value I'll probably snatch it up. even if I cant use or understand whatever that thing is.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

JayBarker wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:29 pm I do mean the fighting game. I always loved watching it as a spectator sport but never commited to learning it because 3d fighters make my brain hurt. but I'm going for it today. Maybe. Hopefully. I at least want to! Probably gonna learn Steve because he punch and I like pugilists. Or maybe Negan or Geese howard.

The new Tekkens look insanely fast (I'll have to look into getting a newer version, last one I played was 3 - Used to like playing the break dancing guy and also the drunken fighting one (Lee?) names escape me now).

Historical fiction, some characters made up but the overall events that take place are real (as far as I can tell).