What Are You Doing Today?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Chieris

Re: What Are You Doing Today?

Post by Chieris »

Visiting a medieval castle with my family, then having lunch at a real nice restaurant. I also tried to work on one of my story ideas, sorting it into chapters, describing what would happen in each one, though I still have to create an end for it. But I'm afraid that it will never be more than idea that is fun to think about.
I dunno, just imagine something funny here

And also just to advertise myself:
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/chieris/
https://www.deviantart.com/dangraythewolf
Retrospring for my Housepets characters: https://retrospring.net/@Garfield474
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Big celebration downtown for the anniversary of the 1905 Treaty of Portsmouth ending the Russo-Japanese War.
MikeNelsonMythril

Post by MikeNelsonMythril »

Still brainstorming my Housepets Fanfic. I mean, It will be akin to that of Yu-Gi-Oh but far more than Duel Monsters.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

MikeNelsonMythril wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:41 am Still brainstorming my Housepets Fanfic. I mean, It will be akin to that of Yu-Gi-Oh but far more than Duel Monsters.
Huh.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

It's Labor Day...so, naturally, I'm not laborin'. ;)
... unless grillin' veggie dogs counts.
Harry Johnathan

I've been stewing in my room from personal issues. Oh, and writing for my comic.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Recovering from my birthday dinner and birthday last night. I wasn't really that bad off despite the five mimosas I had. :lol:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Six month physical - lost more weight, money, and brain cells.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Don't worry yourself. You will never be able to lose enough brain cells to make you as stupid as me. :3
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hey, you had five minosas yesterday and can still write a lucid sentence today - don't think I could do that. ;)
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:33 pm Hey, you had five minosas yesterday and can still write a lucid sentence today - don't think I could do that. ;)
I had two pints last night in the local town and am now struggling, my partying days are behind me I think :-), They were good mind, not your mass produced stuff ;)
Disproportionately Dappled
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hey, DDeer, the only good indulgence is gross indulgence. Martin Luther. Or was it Friar Tetzel said that?
Had a bourbon last night with my latest chapter read in the on-line Beastars ... like to savor good things.
But, yeah, my flings, too, are pretty much flung ...... ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Watching the third of four spiral light bulbs in my ceiling fan begin to go out. Compared to the fan at my old house with one bulb that blue every few months, these last a long time. The first blew a few days after we moved in, the second 5 months ago and the third one is starting to go out. Just one spiral lightbulb left.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

NHWestoN wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:31 am Hey, DDeer, the only good indulgence is gross indulgence. Martin Luther. Or was it Friar Tetzel said that?
Had a bourbon last night with my latest chapter read in the on-line Beastars ... like to savor good things.
I thought it was Jimmy “JJ” Walker. Or Ward Cleaver. I might be thinking of the wrong quote.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

trekkie wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:09 am
NHWestoN wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:31 am Hey, DDeer, the only good indulgence is gross indulgence. Martin Luther. Or was it Friar Tetzel said that?
I thought it was Jimmy “JJ” Walker. Or Ward Cleaver. I might be thinking of the wrong quote.
Eddie Haskell, mebbee?
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Not heard of that one, not sure who said it but apparently Mae West said "Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!”, perhaps in the short term :D Must admit I am partial to a well hopped cloudy ale or a single malt whisky on occassion (not too often mind). I have tasted Bourbon, not bad. You must be a fair way through Beastars now, I miss being able to read it now I've finished.

On the subject of graphic novels/comics I can highly recommend The thrilling adventures of Lovelace and Babbage by Sydney Padua, if Victoriana, history, Famous Victorian notaries and the invention of the first mechanical computer appeals then this is a the book for you, I loved the fact the comic itself has copious footnotes (who doesn't like a foot note ;) ). Set in an alternate universe where Ada Lovelace (Daughter of Lord Byron who died tragically young and arguably the first true programmer) and Charles Babbage go on thrilling adventures in Victorian England. Comical, heartfelt and well researched by turns, Spiffing! (the drawing is second to none also). I should also add there is more than a smattering of Lewis Carroll inspired japes.

Anyway back to reading Felix Saltern's A forest world, this one has a more diverse cast of animals than Bambi, interesting how Felix's books seem to have less of an overall storyline, more a series of vignettes, not a criticism, I am enjoying the book, good to see a good smattering of Deer species of course!

Daunted
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

By the way, usually I mention Felix salten's birthday in the birthhday notices but this year, it escaped me. 6 September.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Recovering from my time at the beach which was NOT good. It was overly windy and very cold and I couldn't enjoy it as I kept getting hit with sand and when I tried to eat a snack a seagull swooped down and brushed my head.
MikeNelsonMythril

Planning on doing a Housepets Tokusatsu series specifically inspired by the late JamesTCat. Only the initial 65 episodes of "Gokaipets" will be made in advance, posted weekly wherever they're completely finished.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

About to FINALLY go to bed early for once since I procrastinate a lot and that also ends up extending to going to sleep.
MikeNelsonMythril

Deleting my Furaffinity Account. Among other reasons, It's just a wrecked hive of scum and villainy.
Harry Johnathan

MikeNelsonMythril wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:15 pm Deleting my Furaffinity Account. Among other reasons, It's just a wrecked hive of scum and villainy.
Congrats you've completed a great game<br />Now go and rest our hero
Congrats you've completed a great game
Now go and rest our hero
business-people-clapping-C93RE1.jpg (125.68 KiB) Viewed 3390 times
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

MikeNelsonMythril wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:15 pm Deleting my Furaffinity Account. Among other reasons, It's just a wrecked hive of scum and villainy.
Let's not denigrate an entire group of people like this. It reflects very poorly on yourself
And if that wasn't your intent, then let's be more careful with our wording, please
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I've found many beautiful, funny, and touching things on Furaffinity. As for the less appealing stuff, well, that's why there's scrolling. ;)
Harry Johnathan

MikeNelsonMythril wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:09 pm Planning on doing a Housepets Tokusatsu series specifically inspired by the late JamesTCat. Only the initial 65 episodes of "Gokaipets" will be made in advance, posted weekly wherever they're completely finished.
Do you know if James is really dead? I did some investigating on death records about overdoses from DEC 2020 and haven't found anything. Heck, I even checked what I think are James' YouTube channel and TVTropes accounts and found nothing to suggest he died.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Harry Johnathan wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:54 am
MikeNelsonMythril wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:09 pm Planning on doing a Housepets Tokusatsu series specifically inspired by the late JamesTCat. Only the initial 65 episodes of "Gokaipets" will be made in advance, posted weekly wherever they're completely finished.
Do you know if James is really dead? I did some investigating on death records about overdoses from DEC 2020 and haven't found anything. Heck, I even checked what I think are James' YouTube channel and TVTropes accounts and found nothing to suggest he died.
Same here, Harry. Would much appreciate your source(s) for that information, Mike. Not being confrontational, sir, just concerned for what might have happened to him - TCat had a lot of friends ad fans here.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Working on ideas for HousepetZ while also typing up another story (one that's a bit outside my usual fare of action and more of a drama inspired by the movie No Country For Old Men).
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sophie got to walk with her Scottie pal this afternoon and it went VERY WELL. Brody senses that she's having difficulties and he's very solicitous. Hooray for gabapentine, too!

The leaves are finally beginning to turn. The colors used to be vivid and wiespread by the first of October but this Fall, the changes are coming too slow and many leaves have dried out before they turn. Now September's gone.... won't be able to sing my "September songs" for another year. Sigh.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:36 pm Sophie got to walk with her Scottie pal this afternoon and it went VERY WELL. Brody senses that she's having difficulties and he's very solicitous. Hooray for gabapentine, too!

The leaves are finally beginning to turn. The colors used to be vivid and wiespread by the first of October but this Fall, the changes are coming too slow and many leaves have dried out before they turn. Now September's gone.... won't be able to sing my "September songs" for another year. Sigh.
Glad to hear Sophies stroll with a friend went well and the treatment is helping. Easy day today, been very busy recently so earnt a break I think, played a few Irish songs, next up a chilled bottle of Leffe. Might do a little sketching, trying to work at getting my full body drawing proportions better. There is a huge Husky in our locality that walks past our window every day, he walks very slowly now but still seems quite content, his front legs are like tree trunks, I can see why they make good sled pullers.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Getting ready to move the air conditioner out of my room. I still have to drain it but at least I can take it on the deck to do that.
Chieris

Post by Chieris »

I'm not going to lie, I don't know whether this belongs here or not, sorry if it's off-topic (though that was a thing I did today, so it's somewhat ontopic)
I was in university and I started thinking about something. About 5 years ago I made an OC, who was supposed to be a brainless villain in a Zootopia sequel story I wanted to write (but thank god that I never did), still have that character, a lot different compared to 5 years ago.
Then there's a guy in real life, who gets on my nerves, because he's so narcissistic, aggressive and spiteful. What I realized today, that the OC and that person almost have the same name, and the OC's personality in the previously mentioned sequel idea was similar to that person's. The strangest part is that I've only known this person for two and a half years, while the OC was created way before that.
TL;DR: There is a coincidence that I only realized today, was thinking about it most of the time.
I dunno, just imagine something funny here

And also just to advertise myself:
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/chieris/
https://www.deviantart.com/dangraythewolf
Retrospring for my Housepets characters: https://retrospring.net/@Garfield474
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Catching up on my soap opera now that I have everything accomplished.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Dermatologist day today. Had a few burn offs but okay otherwise.
Harry Johnathan

NHWestoN wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:28 pm I've found many beautiful, funny, and touching things on Furaffinity. As for the less appealing stuff, well, that's why there's scrolling. ;)
But some people don't have the willpower to scroll, so they need to delete their accounts.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You know if you have an FA account you also have an option to hide the "NSFW" entries if you wanna stay but don't wanna see anything explicit or distasteful in your opinion.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Harry Johnathan wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:53 pm
NHWestoN wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:28 pm I've found many beautiful, funny, and touching things on Furaffinity. As for the less appealing stuff, well, that's why there's scrolling. ;)
But some people don't have the willpower to scroll, so they need to delete their accounts.
You should tell them that.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Trying to update and renew part of my medical insurace. What an ordeal!

"It's the twenty-first century - everything is complicated but don't worry. It doesn't Work."
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Tree pruning, nothing terribly exciting but needs doing.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just winding down before I end up going to bed for the night.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Time to get the piles of discarded mail, newspapers, magazines, and other bedside reading material out of the house before the pile overshadows the bed itself and the missus starts wandering aimlessly around looking disgruntled and mumbling "matche, matches, matches ... where'd I put the matches?!" :roll: