What Are You Doing Today?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

JayBarker

Re: What Are You Doing Today?

Post by JayBarker »

you're thinking Eddie Gordo and yes. Lei. That's their names. Also Is it kinda fast? I play a lot of fighting games and Tekken is kinda a slower game but this is compared to things like Marvel and Figtherz and things like that.

Oh? huh, Interesting.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

JayBarker wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:28 pm you're thinking Eddie Gordo and yes. Lei. That's their names. Also Is it kinda fast? I play a lot of fighting games and Tekken is kinda a slower game but this is compared to things like Marvel and Figtherz and things like that.

Oh? huh, Interesting.
Thats the ones! Looking at the youtube vids of Tekken7 I'd say it's twice the speed of Tekken3. I guess it's all relative, not played any of the more recent fighters, used to like Bushido Blade back in the day also.
Disproportionately Dappled
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

Ooooh. So are you more of a 3d fighter kinda person? Would you have more interest in a Soul Caliber than a skull girls? all fine if true. Or maybe you just prefer slow and methodical fighters like Sam Sho. I can't personally get into that thing but I know its around.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

JayBarker wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:03 pm Ooooh. So are you more of a 3d fighter kinda person? Would you have more interest in a Soul Caliber than a skull girls? all fine if true. Or maybe you just prefer slow and methodical fighters like Sam Sho. I can't personally get into that thing but I know its around.
Not heard of skull girls, just looked it up, like the animation style. Not a huge fighter game player but Tekken just grabbed me for a bit, also used to play the original Tenchu (a bit violent though!) . Nowadays I seem to be getting more into RPGs, revisiting final fantasy x which kind of passed me by the first time round and got eternal sonata arriving soon (I hear its good and it looks kinda quirky).

Daunted
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

Really? Most people that Like Tekken tend to gravitate to Virtua fighter or SoulCalibur or even DOA ( but only sometimes) But fair enough to each their own. I'm not a massive fan of RPG's. Or, at least not traditional ones? I enjoyed Kingdom hearts and the souls series but those are action RPG's yeah? but I can't stand Sit and wait game play like typical FF or pokemon or things of that nature. I need to be doing things.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Nothing as sophisticated as my colleagues. Taking a late evening walk as the snow beginnings. Sophie's so pretty when she's been salted with snowflakes and I could use a little up tonight.
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

You know what? That sounds really nice. I'm a little envious. Especially since I only see snow maybe once a decade.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Checking the weather to see if we will get anymore snow.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Goin' back to bed ...... G'night, mates.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:32 pm Nothing as sophisticated as my colleagues. Taking a late evening walk as the snow beginnings. Sophie's so pretty when she's been salted with snowflakes and I could use a little up tonight.
Sounds a nice relaxed evening, nothing wrong with that, Night!
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

So, whos doing what today? I decided to break the bank and buy Beat saber since it's never on sale. I'm going to get the custom songs on it and see how hard it can really be.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Walking, playing Skyrim, not much else, not heard of beat sabre, a new game?
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

Is that game where you use lightsabers to cut blocks. Rhythm game. Kinda old be very specific. only on several kinds of VR I believe.

Oh? Skyrim is always something to do. New mods?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Recovering after snowing our very steep and comically slippery driveway and then throwing salt on it to melt the ice. Even though this was almost 12 hours ago, I still feel it and I had to help because my mother couldn't get up the driveway this morning when she came back home from work from the night shift.
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

That was very nice to help your mom like that!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:55 pm Recovering after snowing our very steep and comically slippery driveway and then throwing salt on it to melt the ice. Even though this was almost 12 hours ago, I still feel it and I had to help because my mother couldn't get up the driveway this morning when she came back home from work from the night shift.
I had to push some snow, but Sophie and the scotties helped. Sophie is rather reserved and being a North Carolina girl, born and bred, is not sure what to make of snow. Brody and McKay love it! So they try to get her to roll in it, play tag, and burrow. She did try but, part of not having one front paw is that you slip a little more easily. But they did have fun and gave me a few chuckles. Old dogs and fresh snow ....... ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

As long as she doesn't end up slipping and hurting herself it was OK for her to try to play in the snow and on the ice.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Watching darts :), Nice sometimes to watch something that doesn't require a lot of attention, having an easy day today.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:43 am As long as she doesn't end up slipping and hurting herself it was OK for her to try to play in the snow and on the ice.
You're very kind and thoughtful, Amazz. :D 8-)
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

Darts? Like, the bar game? I honestly didn't know that game was televised. Then again, once I found out that smash is broadcast on Disney channel sometimes, I should have realized.

Amazz seems like a good person. I agree!
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Yes, thats the one, pretty big in some countries (Holland and Germany to name a few) world wide tournaments now with decent prize money and full time professional players would you believe. Some good characters, I'm currently watching Peter "Snakebite" Wright versus Simon "Thunder Down Under" Whitlock. In case you are wondering Snakebites a drink :) . I bet if you google it there are cips online, PDC darts. Used to love a player called the Count but he retired a while back.
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

I find it hard to imagine someone from Australian would actually call themselves " the thunder down under" That's like someone American non ironically calling themselves John "big mac" magilla. or something.

Oooh, a drink? To me snake bites are a form of piercing. Sometimes cute. Anyways, maybe I'll check that out. Darts are a pretty skill based game.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Now I'm just relaxing after I ate some Chinese food for dinner and digesting it.
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

Oooh, What kind? My favorite is Chicken and broccoli.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Beef teriyaki, pork fried rice, Asian wings and boneless ribs.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Chillin'. It's freezing out there!
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

Teriyaki is chinese?

And enjoy chillin friend!
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

JayBarker wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:58 pm I find it hard to imagine someone from Australian would actually call themselves " the thunder down under" That's like someone American non ironically calling themselves John "big mac" magilla. or something.

Oooh, a drink? To me snake bites are a form of piercing. Sometimes cute. Anyways, maybe I'll check that out. Darts are a pretty skill based game.
I think they are more than a bit tongue in cheek, one of the other players is nicknamed "The Ferret" and another "SuperChin", having said that the matches themselves nowadays are super competitive. It being a piercing is a new one on me (not really my thing :-) . A snakebite is an alcoholic drink. Traditionally, it is made with equal parts of lager and cider. If a dash of blackcurrant cordial is added, it is known as a "snakebite & black" or a "diesel". Not that I drink it mind, more of a Whisky person (some of my friends in my younger days did).

Daunted
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

NHWestoN wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:53 pm Celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary.
Happy Anniversary!

I'm currently just looking up Meat Loaf vinyls. Big fan of Meat Loaf and been wanting to collect the vinyl records of his albums for a while now (Already got his second album, Bat Out Of Hell, on both vinyl and CD, along with Bat Out Of Hell 2 on CD and Cassette, Bat 3 on CD, and Hang Cool Teddy Bear on CD)...but WOW they are either pricey or impossible to find (I swear the only place to get Bat Out Of Hell 3: The Monster Is Loose on vinyl is from over seas) >.<
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

they are more than a bit tongue in cheek, one of the other players is nicknamed "The Ferret" and another "SuperChin", having said that the matches themselves nowadays are super competitive. It being a piercing is a new one on me (not really my thing :-) . A snakebite is an alcoholic drink. Traditionally, it is made with equal parts of lager and cider. If a dash of blackcurrant cordial is added, it is known as a "snakebite & black" or a "diesel". Not that I drink it mind, more of a Whisky person (some of my friends in my younger days did).

Daunted
Huh, Learned a lot of stuff in that one. I don't know how Competitive Darts can really but I'll take a look into it sometime. I also have never heard of a black currant cordial, but I know what Cordials are in general so I can guess. Also the only Cider I personally know if is apple cider. I also mostly Drink Whiskey, When I chose to drink that is. Crown and Coke was always my good to or Crown Neat.

Also, Congratulations on a 50th year anniversary! that's so nice to hear! I hope you guys have an amazing one!

I'm assuming you mean original Vinyls? There some company mass reproducing classic ones and even making modern ones, but I think its not really collector quality.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:53 pm Celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary.
Happy Anniversary To you both!

Nice to see there are still Meatloaf fans about, got some of his cds but no vinyl Meatloaf sadly (lots of other records mind!) . Been playing lightseekers card game.
Never tried Crown Whiskey, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for that one, a fan of Scottish Whiskys,
Daunted.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

DDeer wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:38 pm Nice to see there are still Meatloaf fans about, got some of his cds but no vinyl Meatloaf sadly (lots of other records mind!) . Been playing lightseekers card game.
Never tried Crown Whiskey, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for that one, a fan of Scottish Whiskys,
Daunted.
Been a Meat Loaf fan ever since I came across my mom's copy of Bat Out Of Hell 2 on cassette. :)
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Happy Anniversary to NWeston and wife!

I’m reading and writing today. Too dang snowy outside.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Happy Anniversary! I hope you and your wife have a great day!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Count me in as another one that is also gonna wait for the snow. Got to love New England weather. (My mother doesn't. LOL)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Waitin' on the snow ....................... :?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hoping we don't lose power for the umpteenth time.
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

Everything going alright Dayzeee?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It is now because the snow stopped after a while and while it is a mess outside at least our power remained on!