What Are You Doing Today?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: What Are You Doing Today?

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Gonna go to a baby shower for a second cousin that is going to be due in a fairly soon.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

JayBarker wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:20 pm sounds like a lot of wildlife. Must be pretty nice walks.
There still is ... part of why I loved growing up here. ;) :)
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Turkey Vultures and Earthquakes eh, sounds very exotic to me, nothing that unusual round here, the odd blackbird and a few Badgers. Watching Wales win at the Rugby on TV, Great curry for tea, not doing a lot else today, bitterly cold.
Disproportionately Dappled
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Waiting for ANOTHER snowstorm to hit us.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:22 pm Waiting for ANOTHER snowstorm to hit us.
It’s getting ridiculous isn’t it?
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Playing Subbuteo with Mrs Deer
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Going to go and visit my grandaunt and granduncle because the latter got hit by a CAR.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Eek! Hope he's o.k.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

DDeer wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:46 pm Eek! Hope he's o.k.
Yow! Not much of a Valentine's Day gift; hope everything's coming out okay, Amazz......
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

The power FINALLY came back on after 3 days and a lot of cold. My state does NOT know how to deal with a cold winter.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Waiting for the storm that we were supposed to get on Sunday and Tuesday to strike us now.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The missus has started the keto diet so I volunteered to try my hand at baking bread. Got all the ingredients I need when I cook - mop, broom, fire extinguisher, the works.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

NHWestoN wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:44 pm The missus has started the keto diet so I volunteered to try my hand at baking bread. Got all the ingredients I need when I cook - mop, broom, fire extinguisher, the works.
Baking bread can be relaxing, good luck with hope the bread turns out yummy.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Worrying about how much sleep I will get since I have to get up before my mother get's home at 7:30 AM to clear the driveway.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

trekkie wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:06 pm
NHWestoN wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:44 pm The missus has started the keto diet so I volunteered to try my hand at baking bread. Got all the ingredients I need when I cook - mop, broom, fire extinguisher, the works.
Baking bread can be relaxing, good luck with hope the bread turns out yummy.
Well, as my old First Sargeant used to say, "It met my criteria for good training - somebody learned something and nobody died." ;)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Always a good thing when there are no casualties.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wondering what we are going to have for dinner since we can't have Burger King (or any meat) like we usually do.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:00 pm Wondering what we are going to have for dinner since we can't have Burger King (or any meat) like we usually do.
If you're feeling adventurous, there's some good fake-meat burgers and sausages out there.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I can’t have soy because of an allergy, but there are some good black bean ones that have a decent amount of protein and flavor.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It's fine. We ended up ordering Domino's which I have not had in a very long time. Last time was back when we lived in our former house just after my grandmother died. Though the pizza I had eaten had pepperonis. This pizza was still good even without them.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Trying to replace a cracked ridge tile on my roof, this deer does not like heights, thinking of renaming myself Dizzy Deer at this rate, there is a reason you don't see us hooved folk up ladders, managed to effect a temporary repair at least.

Daunted
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Going to shovel the driveway again because of the snow we got. It is so steep that I am always afraid that I am gonna fall if I slip on ice.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Just shoveled enough so Sofie and I could walk out of the driveway. Otherwise, since we aren't planning on driving anywhere for a while, we'll see how much of it will melt before the next "event" (Monday, I'm told). The nice weather people assured us it would be "light and fluffy" but, you know, if enough "light and fluffy" flakes down, it turns out to be pretty "heavy and soggy" when you gotta shovel it......
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

DDeer wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:38 am Thinking of renaming myself Dizzy Deer at this rate.
Daunted
Can you even change your username on this forum?
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Getting ready for bed but I am waiting to see if someone messages me back on Discord.

And no, you can't change your username on the forum. I think an admin has to do it. I can only think of one user that did it. That was Macsen who was originally Kitch.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Don't worry, only joking about the name change, I'm I kinda attached to Daunted.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Catching up on correspondance, staring with trying to remember how to spell "correspondence" ..... :oops:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

About to go eat dinner since today we are having tacos. :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Cooking and housekeeping - the missus is having a sciatica episode, very not fun! :(
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Errands to run, at the grocery store as well as Bed Bath & Beyond. Then back home to eat lunch and get more work done on my assignments for my Computer Aided Design class.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just managed to move ANOTHER big and heavy dresser out of our basement and onto the street so that they would pick it up during garbage pickup which was a CHORE but at least we could take it out through the garage.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Working for the IRS - gotta start on the old income taxes and it's too windy to do much outside.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Ironing dress clothes since my Job Prep instructor wants us to dress in clothes that we would wear on an interview.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

IRS and cooking - not cooking the books, either, smarties! ;)
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Going on a loooooong walk to a pub to get takeout sausage cobs and see my dad then watching the rugby.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Taking it very easy - bit of back strain this afternoon. :(
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:58 pm Taking it very easy - bit of back strain this afternoon. :(
Hope you recover soon Weston, watch that back.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Cleaning up the house a little bit because my sibling and her boyfriend are coming over for my mother's birthday today since on her actual birthday she was out with our aunt and me.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

NHWestoN wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:58 pm Taking it very easy - bit of back strain this afternoon. :(
Oof.
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:49 pm Cleaning up the house a little bit because my sibling and her boyfriend are coming over for my mother's birthday today since on her actual birthday she was out with our aunt and me.
Hope you have a nice day!
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sun came out and back pain went away - so, I guess it's either astronomical or psychosomatic. ;)