What Are You Doing Today?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: What Are You Doing Today?

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Having stomach issues again but this time because I'm NERVOUS about a job interview tomorrow.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Good Luck !!!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Thanks for that because I am really feeling it now. I'm sure I will do good but this is the first in-person interview I had in a while.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Good luck, Dayzee. Praying that you get well soon.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Good luck Dayzee!!, keep calm and take your time to answer as you want to in the interview. Hope it goes well.
Disproportionately Dappled
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Now I am just in the middle of getting ready for it. Strange how I am not as nervous now.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:32 am Now I am just in the middle of getting ready for it. Strange how I am not as nervous now.
Knock `em dead, Dayzee !!!
A good friend of mine is also job hunting - he has an exhausting resume but, at age 75, the invisible barriers are worse than the Matrix or a John Wick mirror maze.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Good luck, Dayzee!
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

I'm sure you'll do well Dayzee, I must admit I always preferred in person to over the phone interviews.

Weston, just read your writing about Sophie, you have a way with words, interesting to hear more of her backstory, she certainly had an eventful time, by the sounds of it she was lucky to have come across you both at a moment when things were looking bleakest, a very resilient soul. Take it steady Weston, I guess you have to take things a step at a time.

Daunted
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

DDeer wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:58 pm I'm sure you'll do well Dayzee, I must admit I always preferred in person to over the phone interviews.

Weston, just read your writing about Sophie, you have a way with words, interesting to hear more of her backstory, she certainly had an eventful time, by the sounds of it she was lucky to have come across you both at a moment when things were looking bleakest, a very resilient soul. Take it steady Weston, I guess you have to take things a step at a time.

Daunted
Well, it was a mutual companioning. Sophie proved to be a wonderful friend and we had many, many joyous and delightful years with her. She was a loving, poised, unique personality. Her life yielded no few nicknames - Sophie the Brave, Sophie the Resolute, Sophie the Indomitable, Sophie the Beautiful - she was all those and many more.

But over the last year, her age finally began to assert itself, so we were long braced for the end whenever and however it came. Grief, too, is a companion of a sort and, as you so wisely intuit, Daunted, walking slow and gentle for a while is just prudent. Sadly, at my age and my stage, I've had a bit of practice at this but her departure, I know, and the sense of her absence will be hard. Yet, too, such an intimate and special priviledge to have such a wonderful little soul in our lives........
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I honestly didn't think that she was gonna go anytime soon especially after I heard her rally. I thought she had a few years left. I am really sorry for your loss once again.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:23 am I honestly didn't think that she was gonna go anytime soon especially after I heard her rally. I thought she had a few years left. I am really sorry for your loss once again.
... and thank you again for your kind thoughts, Amazz. You start with the reality that Sophie was a pretty senior dog, eighteen to twenty at her death. Until about this time last year, she had been remarkably healthy. The missus and i kept reminding ourselves that someday either she would begin to rachet downward or else something sudden might take her back to her Giver. Over the last year, a pattern emerged where she would quit eating, she'd freeze up walking, have trouble standing and getting up, and become lethargic. We'd go to the vet, the vet would give her some treatments, she'd gradually recover over a few days and be fine for a while. Then the problems would recur and we'd return to the vet. Altogether, poor Sophie went to the vet five or six times before her death.

She slept a lot, did'nt want to walk far, and did not socialize much with her human pals and canine chums when we did go out. Yet, we often saw flashes of the young Sophie, bright, curious, and happy. The emergency vet who found her "mass" back in August said she would probably not last a month, but Sophie lasted five months after that dour diagnosis. We all had a good Christmas and New Years; I'd seen a dog sweater in Petco and almost went back to buy it for her. Then, a few days after New Years ... well ... you know.

A frigid day in New England today, as I guess you know, living in Connecticutt. Good day to stay indoors, drink coffee, read old magazines, and wait for a football game.

And remember.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just got finished eating dinner which consisted of New York-style hot weiners and now I am trying to relax.

Oh, and I live in Rhode Island, not Connecticut by the way. XD
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:55 pm Just got finished eating dinner which consisted of New York-style hot weiners and now I am trying to relax.

Oh, and I live in Rhode Island, not Connecticut by the way. XD
Um ... oops. Apologies. :oops:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Its fine so don't worry too much about it then or be too bothered. I honestly thought you originally lived in Massachusetts currently. XP
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Had to go to the dermatologist this morning. What with ice storm Izzy blowing and raining and all the cold and ice, it was an entertaining drive. Still, nice to get a clean bill of health epidermetically speaking.

Now it's very sunny, warmish, and inviting ... perfect day to walk your dog ... except ............. :(
Sigh. Moods. They pass. Eventually ........
Last edited by NHWestoN on Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Trying to shovel the last bit of snow off the driveway. Except I can't because our driveway is steep and I can't keep my balance on it.

Here is hoping that the snow and slush melt on its own.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Wednesday is usually recycle dump day so that preoccupied the morning. With the high omicron contagion rate, the missus didn't want to go out Then the pest control guy came over.

He's asked about Sophie, "where's the little fox?", and we had to tell him. He said he'd missed seeing the two of us out on our walks and feared something was amiss. "I visit a lot of houses with dogs, you know, and she was my favorite. She never got in the way but she was so interested in everything and so friendly. I'm very sorry." A kind man ... Sophie had a lot of fans.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Preparing for more of the snow that we are gonna get tonight.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:52 pm Wednesday is usually recycle dump day so that preoccupied the morning. With the high omicron contagion rate, the missus didn't want to go out Then the pest control guy came over.

He's asked about Sophie, "where's the little fox?", and we had to tell him. He said he'd missed seeing the two of us out on our walks and feared something was amiss. "I visit a lot of houses with dogs, you know, and she was my favorite. She never got in the way but she was so interested in everything and so friendly. I'm very sorry." A kind man ... Sophie had a lot of fans.
She's going to be missed I'm sure, not surprised she had a lot of fans
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

A day for small chores. Concerned over the Covid, I've promised the missus to stay in the neighborhood every other day (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday) with Sunday reserved for Church. So, today, shopping and such. The hospitals here are pretty full and a geezer's gotta be careful.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Waitin' on the nor`easter and fixing lunch. Sophie never cared much for snow ... our sweet Carolina fox.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Clear but cold here today, no snow though, took Mrs Deer out for a meal, Great food at a very old inn (200 years plus), got the log burner going now, excellent red sky, should be Good weather tomorrow, Red sky at night shepherds delight and all that.

Take it easy Weston, know you must be missing your Sophie
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Preparing for the 15 to 19 inches of snow we are gonna get hit with.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hunkering down. The NH coast is getting slammed by a blizzard, and our heating system is having fan problems. Well, as my old first sargeant used to say, "You just keep telling yourself - this stuff ends!!" Of course, he didn't use the word "stuff". He used another word that began with the letter "s". You can probably guess but, if you can't, it's no matter.......... :|
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

A British show my parents watched had the quote, “When sorrows come, they come not single spies but in battalions.”
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Being utterly amazed that we didn't lose power during the snowstorm. I am totally SHOCKED. I thought for sure that we would lose it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:44 pm Being utterly amazed that we didn't lose power during the snowstorm. I am totally SHOCKED. I thought for sure that we would lose it.
.... and our heat suddenly snapped back. Maybe something unfroze. Who knows? We were marvelous lucky because, after stringing us along for several hours, our "Privilege Package" Heating company fessed up that they didn't dare brave the weather to come to our house. Believe me, I could have understood but why didn't they just tell us up front? Maybe next time, eh?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sounds like it was lucky that your heat came back. I can't imagine what it would be like in this weather.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Happy 51st Anniversary - the heat's fixed, the driveway is shoveled out, and the missus and me are goin' out for dinner.
Good-bye, January. Gotta get better from now. :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just came back from a doctor's appointment. I need to stop eating Burger King because my cholesterol and my sugar are WICKED high. So I need to figure out something else to eat.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:35 pm Just came back from a doctor's appointment. I need to stop eating Burger King because my cholesterol and my sugar are WICKED high. So I need to figure out something else to eat.
So sorry to hear that, Amazz. Take care of yourself, chum.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It really is no big loss because its not that big of a deal. However I do need to rethink my diet a little bit.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Chippin' ice off the driveway. After Friday's ice storm, my hopes it would all melt away quickly have failed to rescue me and it's too small to try to monetize as a neighborhood skating rink.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Searching for more easyish folky tunes to learn with a decent melody and some feeling to them, need to get back into playing.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

From time to time, I find myself casting aspiring eyes at my youngest's clarinet. If I could play oboe, can't be that much more a challenge to play the clarinet. Finger dexterity, though, is not what it was........ :roll:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Waiting for our yard to defrost a bit so I can take the garbage out without slipping and killing myself.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Hope it warms up for you Amazee
NHWestoN wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:05 pm From time to time, I find myself casting aspiring eyes at my youngest's clarinet. If I could play oboe, can't be that much more a challenge to play the clarinet. Finger dexterity, though, is not what it was........ :roll:
I'm impressed, Oboe has always looked tricky to me, I had a bash at the flute a while back, the embouchure I found very hard, definitely a knack to it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

DDeer wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:29 pm Hope it warms up for you Amazee
NHWestoN wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:05 pm From time to time, I find myself casting aspiring eyes at my youngest's clarinet. If I could play oboe, can't be that much more a challenge to play the clarinet. Finger dexterity, though, is not what it was........ :roll:
I'm impressed, Oboe has always looked tricky to me, I had a bash at the flute a while back, the embouchure I found very hard, definitely a knack to it.
The flute is a real challenge - at least, that's how I found it, partly because holding the instrument was pretty much beyond me.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Hiding from the Storm with a log fire and a well hopped beer, double IPA is an acquired taste but I could grow to like it, I note that what used to be known as the Millennium dome over here has lost part of its outer envelope, quite a bit of damage about, we are relatively high up here and the wind is howling around as I type, o.k. so far, fingers crossed. :? Snow cross is a sport that is fun to watch I have discovered, you never know who might win.