Homestuck

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Homestuck

Post by Sleet »

Dang the fandom is good at figuring stuff out.

The amphibians/reptiles called the four alpha kids "The Four Nobles." Jane's planet is Land of Crypts and Helium.

Jake's is Land of M___ and X___.
Roxy's is Land of T___ and K___.
Dirk's is Land of P___ and N___.

So let's recap. "Nobles." Helium. X___. K___. N___.

I think it's pretty clear what the second half of each planet is. I'm really excited for seeing Dirk's planet now.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

ooh. Neon sounds cool. but how the heck is he going to depict Land of M___ and Xenon?
or T___ and Krypton, for that matter. unless superman is all over the place there.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Krypton is used in lasers and xenon in scientific imaging. I have no idea if I'm onto anything. Probably not.

Though the question is, what will the others be? Crypts relates to life kinda, but what about hope, void and heart?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

maybe the Land of Puppets and Neon. I mean, Jade's was the Land of Frost and Frogs, why not puppets?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Land of Tequila and Krypton? LOMAX is harder to guess, but the name probably refers to Bernie Lomax, the eponymous character of Jake's favorite movie, Weekend at Bernie's.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Jake might be Mystery.
bwah bwah
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

but Jane's the one who's into mysteries. Jake's more into adventure and comedy.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Yeah and Jake is the one into exploring crypts but LOOK WHO GOT THE CRYPT THEME.
bwah bwah
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Psykeout wrote:Yeah and Jake is the one into exploring crypts but LOOK WHO GOT THE CRYPT THEME.
very good point. Perhaps and indication of the connection between Jake and Jane.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Also, I'm more tempted to say that it is supposed to be related to their attribute.
LIGHT and rain, WIND and shade, CLOCKWORK and heat, and then frost and frogs, but the Space player is always supposed to get the land of frogs.

Equius is a Void player, and he got "Caves and Silence." Caves are noted by an absence of material; a cave is a hole, it's literally nothing. T might be "trenches," which is noted by the absence of land. It could also be "Tunnel," which I think is the best.

Eridan was a hope player, and he got "Wrath and Angels." Angels are associated with hope and stuff. M could stand for "Messenger" (as in divine messenger,) Miracles (which seems logical but I don't know how that fits into making a world,) Messiah, Mother, and a lot of other ones but man these are all really terrible and none of these are any good except maybe "miracles." Mystery is still probable, I'd say.

Nepeta was a heart player, and she got "Little cubes and tea." "Little cubes" is sugar. It's "little cubes" because LOLCAT. So sweets. I think it would be neat if Dirk got a really girly land; First he has to be the Prince of Heart, and then he gets a land that's full of neon colors and looks like a Lisa Frank book. :3c I imagine "P" might stand for Pastries, but it could also be Puppets. Also possible is "Popsicles," Pudding, etc.
bwah bwah
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

Lol my internet broke last night just as I was going to check if Homestuck had updated so I've had to wait until half an hour ago to play the game. But the wait, so worth it!

By the way nice breakdown Psykeout, and it fits with the crypts thing (because Jane is the Maid of Life and crypts represent death) however this also leads me to think that these kids' planet names are actually opposites of their attributes, considering the macabre theme of the stone tablets heralding their arrival and perhaps the heroes are meant to bring their attributes to their planets, such as Jane bringing life to the desolate world she's been placed in. However, I can't think of what the letters would actually then be. Jake's might be Monsters (opposite of Angels) which would fit with his adventure theme, him being the hope his planet needs. Roxy's could be Towers, being the towers of the batterwitch and Roxy has to topple them to bring peace to her planet and leave no trace of the batterwitch. And Dirk's I seriously have no idea but I still think it should be Puppets...
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

I was thinking that but then I wasn't thinking that anymore.
I don't know you're probably right about that, it would probably be the opposite.

I don't know I guess we'll wait and see
bwah bwah
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I think Psykeout's analysis is pretty good. We'll have to wait and see!
Nitrosparxx

Post by Nitrosparxx »

while on the subject on observations, has anyone noticed this before?
00874 AAAAAAAAA.gif
00874 AAAAAAAAA.gif (216.56 KiB) Viewed 11496 times
This map in Rose's basement show skaia along with eight incipispheres.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Skia is located WITHIN incipisphere.

I think that's Skaia orbited by Eight player planets, which is probably because the Beta kids are bringing their planets with them
bwah bwah
Nitrosparxx

Post by Nitrosparxx »

Psykeout wrote:Skia is located WITHIN incipisphere.

I think that's Skaia orbited by Eight player planets, which is probably because the Beta kids are bringing their planets with them
I thought each planet was refered to as an incipisphere...

either way, I just thought that this was interesting since this was a long time ago. There is one thing though: since the alpha kids session a void session, would bringing the beta session planets into the alpha make the alpha planets disapear snce they belong to an entirely different session?
Last edited by Nitrosparxx on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Nitrosparxx wrote:either way, I just thought that this was interesting since this was a long time ago. There is one thing though: since the alpha kids session a void session, would bringing the beta session planets into the alpha make the aplha planets disapear snce they belong to an entirely different session?
I don't see why that would happen. Void sessions just don't have any pre-medium prototyping.
bwah bwah
Nitrosparxx

Post by Nitrosparxx »

True, but with the beta kids coming in, with a new skaia wouldn't the fundemental rules of wither one cause one to change or cease? I don't think sburb would allow there to be two skaia's in one session (and one of them being a voided skaia).

I guess I'm just a bit confused ._.;
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The current Skaian battlefield is pretty much useless. I imagine there's not really going to be much of an issue with that and the one from the Beta session.
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

That's right, the battlefield in the void session was destroyed and the kids are actually only bringing the battlefield from their game, not all of Skaia. This will make the void session winable as there is now a place for the Speaker of the Great Croak to reside/be born/something like that...

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

They'll probably throw the old battlefield out.
bwah bwah
Nitrosparxx

Post by Nitrosparxx »

Psykeout wrote:They'll probably throw the old battlefield out.
Makes sense...why didn't think about that before?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Oh God oh God oh God why is he there.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

He's god tier, so that means he's most likely an offshoot timeline gamzee. He has the cat scratches though, so the offshoot happened post-sober gamzee. or maybe he's not an offshoot at all. anyway, this probably means that the humans and trolls are starting to arrive.
bwah bwah
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

and I think we have a winning theory
a person on Tumblr wrote:so we have a God Tier Gamzee with Aradia’s Music Boxes.

A God Tier Gamzee who has most likely been God Tier for a while, from the scars on his face.

He had to have God Tiered before the Claw Scratch, because they would’ve healed (like Vriska’s arm and eye) if he God Tiered after this.

He most likely got the Time Boxes after AradiaBot Exploded on the meteor.

After Cascade, he’s been collecting bodies.

Why is he collecting bodies?

HE’S (cussing) GOD-TIERING ALL THE DEAD TROLLS BY TAKING THEIR BODIES BACK IN TIME TO BEFORE THEIR QUEST BEDS WERE DESTROYED.
It totally explains why the others on the meteor haven't seen much of him recently. It totally makes sense
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

There's still supposed to be like 2 more years left. So I dunno.

Gamzee has Aradia's time music box thingies, so I imagine he's doing some sort of time travel dealy. I also read something interesting: becoming god tier cured Vriska's missing arm and eye. There's no reason becoming god tier wouldn't have cured Gamzee's scratch wounds. So either temporal shenanigans are going on, or Gamzee was already god tier when he went on his rampage. Or both.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I totally wanna cosplay god tier Gamzee. I couldn't pull of regular Gamzee because of the hair, but I'd just need to
1) buy some purple Jester shoes
2) buy the hero of Rage T-shirt and a long sleeved purple shirt (or a white one I can dye purple)
3) buy a dunce cap and some purple cloth to make the hat and those tail things
4) find some way to make quartz music boxes (optional)
5) buy some horns (the head kind, not the HoNk kind) and some teeth
6) dye a bit of mu hair black and paint my face (including the scars)
oh, and 7) make the cod piece
lots of steps, but most of them are fairly simple.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

You're quite brave if you're willing to wear a comically oversized codpiece.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hey. Here are the perler bead trolls I have made so far.
This one I made in February at the anime club all night lock in after making what I'll post in another thread soon.
and I made these three at the anime club mini-con a couple weeks ago
and if you're interested in more advanced designs, check out what my club president has been doing
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Nitrosparxx

Post by Nitrosparxx »

Holy crap, those things are neat! Great work!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

*lets out a long string of incoherent, babbling obscenities*

That just happened. Holy cuss!

I think Gamzee is going to prototype all four kids' sprites with two dead trolls! I'm pretty sure Roxy will get Nepeta, Jake will get Eridan and Dirk will get Equius. But the scary part?

...He only has seven corpses.
Nitrosparxx

Post by Nitrosparxx »

What I wanna know is how in the FUDGE did Gamzee obtain god tier?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Nitrosparxx wrote:What I wanna know is how in the FUDGE did Gamzee obtain god tier?
apparently he's had it this whole time, but he's been hiding it. He was at least god-tier before Nepeta scratched him or he would have healed when he made the switch.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Nitrosparxx

Post by Nitrosparxx »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Nitrosparxx wrote:What I wanna know is how in the FUDGE did Gamzee obtain god tier?
apparently he's had it this whole time, but he's been hiding it. He was at least god-tier before Nepeta scratched him or he would have healed when he made the switch.
Makes sense. Explains why he was able to take down the black king so easily
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Or maybe there's another explanation. He does have Aradia's time-traveling music boxes.
Salem

Post by Salem »

I had a dream a while back, where I was pulled into the medium. My planet was the Land of Oak and Starwater. I was in a forest below sea-level, and the ocean rose in walls looming avobe me. I could see the stars shining through the seawater avobe me. It was beautiful.

Hahaha, Vriska is awesome. ^^
---
R41NBOW RUMPUS P4RTYTOWN!
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

That...is...epic! I'd love to have a dream like that, so detailed and so picturesque, and Homestuck worthy!

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Nitrosparxx

Post by Nitrosparxx »

I hope that I'm not being arrogant in posting this, but I just finished writting this fan song and I thought you guys might like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usR1fpqUXR0
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

That's okay, fan music is good so long as it's good (and yours is great!) but I am glad you realise all those people saying "Hey I'm an up and coming blah blah blah listen to my music and like me!" is not the nicest way to ask for an ear. Anyway, I left you a nice little comment! ;) Nice work!

Anyway, on to the most recent update: I feel like it's been mentioned before but - oh the irony, Dirk and Roxy are the only two humans left in the future and Dirk's gay...

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Nitrosparxx

Post by Nitrosparxx »

Nyaliva wrote:That's okay, fan music is good so long as it's good (and yours is great!) but I am glad you realise all those people saying "Hey I'm an up and coming blah blah blah listen to my music and like me!" is not the nicest way to ask for an ear. Anyway, I left you a nice little comment! ;) Nice work!
Hey thanks! :)
Anyway, on to the most recent update: I feel like it's been mentioned before but - oh the irony, Dirk and Roxy are the only two humans left in the future and Dirk's gay...
Guess that's why she's so heavily adamant on her and Jake hooking up