PS3 or Xbox 360?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Alastair

PS3 or Xbox 360?

Post by Alastair »

Hey, guys. I'm saving up for a new game console and I'm actually having trouble deciding what to get. Which system do you guys prefer to have?
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
TensaZangetsu

Re: PS3 or Xbox 360?

Post by TensaZangetsu »

... I'd have to go with the xbox.
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

Though I never had one, I know for a fact that xbox "upgrades", something
sony has only recently been doing.
Now one xbox 360 can count as even a WII.
I has Deviant... urrm... by same name (durr)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Look at which games you want more. That's what really matters. If I were you I'd also consider just using Steam if your computer can handle games, 'cause it has a lot of the same games.

Also, let's not turn this into a big fight like less mature communities tend to do when video game consoles come up.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Hm. That all depends on what you want. PS3 has free online, but I've heard from the hardcore online gamers that the quality of the online play isn't quite as good. I haven't noticed any problems, but then again, I don't play online much. As for the game selection, most games are available for both systems, but some are exclusive to one or the other. So that's something to check into. At least when the two systems first came out, the PS3 was more reliable, but by now most hardware bugs seem to have been worked out.

Personally, I have a PS3, and I think it's a great system. =3 But it all comes down to personal preference.
Also, let's not turn this into a big fight like less mature communities tend to do when video game consoles come up.
ohgod. The console wars. *facepalms* >_< Yeah, let's not do that.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Depends on what you like. If you like War or Sports, go XBox, if you like traditional and varied games, go PS3.
I prefer the PS3, and a perk that goes with it is that unlike the XBox, the online is Free. No money grubbers there. :3
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Well the problem right now is the games coming out for both. Forza 4, which is only for Xbox, is out, and it could perhaps be the greatest simulation racing game in history, and sony is coming out with a new Sly Cooper game soon. Also, weighing the features of each and the price has got me caught up too...
------------------

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Personally I'd go with Sly Cooper over Forza but that's just me. *giggles*
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
sonic id furreh!!!

Post by sonic id furreh!!! »

i wish there was just one console that had all of the features
and then one hand held system.
... that'd rock
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I agree with Sonic.

but for now, I have to make due with having all the newest generation systems.

and really, I prefer PS3, but I don't play online.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
sonic id furreh!!!

all the n00bs play online with the ps3 :geek:
(inside joke peeps, don't get mad at me)
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

I dont own either of them, but I'd go with xbox. Mainly cause most of my friends always had xboxes, or that it looks kinda neat. XD
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Irony

Post by Irony »

i dont have either. mom only likes kid friendly stuff like nintendo BAWWWWWWW
ANYPONY WANNA PLAY BRAWL WITH ME???

but when i visit my relatives, i get the chance to play on both
i prefer the ps3 for some reason
feels sleeker
online experience was more friendly also
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Go for a PS3, most games are multiplatform anyways and the PS3 has Infamous and the Killzone series. The best part is no Halo.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Why is that a good thing? An Xbox 360 also has no Halo if you choose not to buy it.
Irony wrote:i dont have either. mom only likes kid friendly stuff like nintendo BAWWWWWWW
ANYPONY WANNA PLAY BRAWL WITH ME???
Awww, but Nintendo games are awesome~
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

I have both and in my opinion the PS3 is much better since it has a wide verity of games not just FPS and racing. Also the online on the PS3 is good quality for it's price (ffrreeeeee). But I'd disregard both and get a wii or a 3DS *laughs* I'm a Nintendo fangirl and always will be.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it.
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Sleet wrote:Why is that a good thing? An Xbox 360 also has no Halo if you choose not to buy it.
I hate Halo with a passion, and because I have a 360 everyone thinks I A) like Halo, 2) give a crap about Halo 4, and 3) own one of the Halo games
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

"Actually I don't like Halo." All you need to say. It's not the console's fault.

I have an Xbox 360 and I have almost no interest in first-person shooters. It's not an automatic assumption.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I'd say go for Xbox. The gameplay is more varied in my opinion. The online gameplay is fun, and I hear the community is better (although, gaming community's are almost always bad, Xbox and PS3 included). The controller feels easier to control in my opinion, and the added weight feels like a good thing. You can change batteries in the Xbox controller as well, unlike the PS3 controller (and, there are charge packs as well). The first screen you see is fun and user-friendly, similar to the PS3 but it doesn't have the fun charm about it. Xbox doesn't have a blu-ray player in it though, which is it's major downside in my opinion. Either way, Xbox has got Halo (one of my personal fav' game series), Crackdown, Gears of War and Fable. 3/4 of those best selling games aren't FPS.

Despite what people are saying, Xbox isn't made just for FPS and racers etc. I've never even played an xbox racer, though I know PS3 also has exclusive racing games (Gran Turismo), so it's unfair to say that PS3 isn't made for racers and Xbox is. There're reasonably the same.

Believe me, PS3 is less kiddy then Xbox and from what I've played online of the PS3, there's more kids (makes sense. Parents like to know they don't pay a couple extra pounds per month (I'm English, remember)). If you're willing to pay...I imagine $5 per month (not sure USA charges) extra, go for Xbox. It is the better console in my opinion. Espiecially if you have friends you play with often. Party system is amazing, and correct me if I'm wrong, but PS3 doesn't allow you to talk to multiple people at once unless you're in the same game lobby.
Last edited by 44R0NM10 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

technically my opinion was too unbiased since I really had no opinion.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

yeah...I kinda wrote that without looking through everyone's arguments...I saw the bottom one about hating Halo and kinda blew up from there, although I used facts I've found online and from my own personal experience.

My apologies about the biased comment, reading through the majority are shockingly unbiased.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Yeah I also fit into that wierd have a 360 but don't play halo category.
I'll take left 4 dead any day.

If you don't mind paying more the ps3 seems to have more bells and whistles, personally I don't play enough games to justify the extra cost so I got an xbox.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
exranio

Post by exranio »

Get a Dreamcast bro
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Jack

Post by Jack »

i'd go with ps3. i think its better. lots more options imo.
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

exranio wrote:Get a Dreamcast bro
^this

or just a Snes a Snes with a copy of Super Mario World NHL94 and street fighter 2
you'll never leave your house
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
sonic id furreh!!!

exranio wrote:Get a Dreamcast bro
oh my gawd! i got one! XD
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sonic Adventure, Phantasy Star Online and Chu Chu Rocket. <3
Seth wrote:Yeah I also fit into that wierd have a 360 but don't play halo category.
I'll take left 4 dead any day.

If you don't mind paying more the ps3 seems to have more bells and whistles, personally I don't play enough games to justify the extra cost so I got an xbox.
Left 4 Dead is pretty amazing. I have both games on the Xbox 360 and Steam.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Get a PC, honestly, if you're able.

It can be a little more expensive, but you have most games from the Xbox and PS (aside from a few exclusives) go for the PC platform as well, not counting the innumerable indie games which are cheap, plentiful, innovative, and fun.

The PS3 prides itself on being a media center- not just a gaming machine. It especially loves to tote that "Blu-Ray" player tag for sure, and is believed to have the most powerful graphics on the console gaming market currently. I'm not an expert on this one, though.

The Xbox 360 is a very good all around machine, though it tends to have overheating issues. It usually totes action and shooting games above all else, given its history with Halo. Xbox live is considered an excellent online service- and they're continually adding to it.

But... I'll be honest, I haven't touched my Xbox in MONTHS since I have my PC. It's to the point where I didn't bother renewing Xbox live, and that I STILL need to get Gears of War 3, an exclusive for the Xbox...

Ooooh, there's also another system that's gonna get a ton of good games and exclusive titles! The 3DS! I mean, it's gonna have Luigi's Mansion 2 on it, I'm hyped for that... Oh, yeah, of course, this one has the advantage of being portable. :P

Yup... my two cents.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Aaaand Buck's view on this is pretty much identical to my own. I also haven't touched my Xbox 360 in a long time (FFXIII was the last time, I believe.) Not because it's a bad console. Just because the games I want to play on it are also on Steam.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

ps3 because it has Steam and no pay to play online subscription.
if that wont bother you, X-box
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

I like both consoles but there are reliability issues with the Xbox. I just may go with the PS3 because they are good machines and the blu-ray player is beast. I'll still have to think about it some more. I appreciate the input so far guys...
------------------

MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

I would have to say Xbox, I have been hooked on that since I played Knights of the Old Republic and I only have an Xbox so that I can play Bioware games. Other games are... OK, I guess, but they are generally not worth the money you pay for them (that's just my opinion, no offence to anyone else who loves other games, so no need to form an angry mob and hunt me down :lol: ).
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

MilesKingford wrote:I would have to say Xbox, I have been hooked on that since I played Knights of the Old Republic and I only have an Xbox so that I can play Bioware games. Other games are... OK, I guess, but they are generally not worth the money you pay for them (that's just my opinion, no offence to anyone else who loves other games, so no need to form an angry mob and hunt me down :lol: ).
PFFFT
as if I need a good reason to form a mob
you can expect us around 9pm local time
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Chaplin

Post by Chaplin »

People game in something other than PC's?

WHAAAAA?
Seriously, the PC gaming master race will always win. We get more titles than all the consoles combined, not to mention there will never be a "PC 2", to make our PC's obsolete. Just wait 'till the PS4or the Xbox 720 come out.

OT: The PS3 has Infamous, but the Xbox has Halo, other than that, they're pretty much equally bad.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Well, things like Wii and Kinect differentiate themselves from a PC. But when it comes to traditional games, the PC is pretty much ideal if you have a decent one.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Way to downplay half of everyone there Chaplin. ^^;
I wonder how the Kinect, and Playstation Move are going to progress. Nothing good seems to be coming out on either of them to my knowledge?
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

hehe,. honestly, I've been a console and PC gamer and I find PC is best. It's just complicated though. To the degree where it's sometimes more fun to relax, after just buying a disc, no download time, just pop in and play and relax. No hassle if the game doesn't run properly. No need to upgrade every 6-9 months to play the latest games at full potential. Easy as pie.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Chaplin wrote:People game in something other than PC's?

WHAAAAA?
Seriously, the PC gaming master race will always win. We get more titles than all the consoles combined, not to mention there will never be a "PC 2", to make our PC's obsolete. Just wait 'till the PS4or the Xbox 720 come out.

OT: The PS3 has Infamous, but the Xbox has Halo, other than that, they're pretty much equally bad.
Tekken, kingdom hearts, final fantasy, soul caliber, ratchet and clank, Sly raccoon, Spyro, Killzone, Gears of war, Little Big planet, Resistance, SOCOM, Marvel VS Capcom, Guilty Gear, Uncharted, Wipeout, Dead or alive,

Do you want a video card that' s the price of a current console with that to play Skyrim?
I'm a heavy PC gamer, but I think I made my point.

Consoles are just as good, and have massive plus points over PC gaming.
Vice versa.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:Way to downplay half of everyone there Chaplin. ^^;
I wonder how the Kinect, and Playstation Move are going to progress. Nothing good seems to be coming out on either of them to my knowledge?
The Move seems to have disappeared, and the Kinect is actually drawing attention of engineers for non-gaming applications, though as a gaming device it's fading a bit too.

I think if consoles want to stay competitive they need to stop focusing on online. Nintendo has the right idea, differentiating themselves from PCs, though I think there is still a lasting market for the traditional console experience, judging by how popular Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros., and FPS LAN games are. I don't think it's marketable now, but I see eventually a marketable console being similar to the Nintendo 64: focused on offline multiplayer. May or may not feature motion control depending on how the technology develops and whether motion control ends up being the next step or a fad.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

think it's fair to call motion controls a fad, they just don't seem to be taking off.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz