Help Developing my Game

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Ninkurou

Help Developing my Game

Post by Ninkurou »

First, I'm not gonna roleplay it, neither I will do a Housepets Fan Game.
Second, this is just a Game that Im working for Fun.
Thrid, I want Ideas of Skills, powers and to know what you think of my 6 characters class.
If you want you can tell me about your own characters, so I might be abble to put then inside my game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my Game Every Character is have a class based in his personality, the examples that are you seing is the comom exemples, but it is not impossible to have someone that born to be a Medic trying to be a Knight. He will simple will not be abble to learn any of the spells or other inhuman skills that come with that class.

Class: Light Saint
Element: Light
Combat Skill: The Saint Power is based into Curing the Allies and Protecting them.Just one Saint can change the battle field, curing things that no medics is abble to undestand, keeping the group Morale up, and sometimes making allies imune to Damage. Sometimes they can Even do Miracles. Fighting a Saint is fighting against his God.
Example: Priests, Healers.
Who is a Light Saint? Persons who cosider Law Important or Religious Persons.

Class: Fire Knight
Element: Fire
Combat Skill: The Knight is the Stronger Figher, With their Inner strength they are dearlly with Swords or other Melee Weapons. They might resist more Damage than everybody else. Knights are perfect to give protection to Saints and Experts, being the first Front of Defence, they became a imprenetrable wall, Defeating any enemy who is fool enough to think that they can defeat them.
Example: knights, Samurais.
Who is a Fire Knight? Persons who use Felings, persons who follow their Hearts, be it for love, for courage, for envy, for fury, for Hate or any other feling.

Class: Water Expert
Element: Water
Combat Skill: They can develop Itens, use Psychology, use Medicine, Build, Hack Computers and also are good with Ranged Weapons. Soon they prove to be a Jack of All trades. Someone that is always necessary in a party.
Example: Medics, Scientists, Experts.
Who is a Water Expert? Persons who are skeptical or persons who think that Science is the Most Important.

Class: Earth Adventurer
Element: Earth.
Combat Skill: This warrior is based on insticts, he sure know about the forest and he is not like the Knight in any way, he dont try to be the best melee fighter, he just try to do the best to dont get hit, Being the most fast warrior, He can invade a enemy base, and with stealth kill their leader.
Example: Ninja, Pirates, Assasins, Spys, Adventurers, Rangers, Floresters.
Who is a Earth Adventurer? Persons who Trust their Insticts or persons who like nature or animals a lot.

Class: Dark Summoners
Element: Dark
Combat Skill: If you seen a guy alone fear him, destiny worked so he might not be so alone after all, he might summon forces of Nature, the Undead, Puppets, Demons or any other creature that you might dont wanted to knew. Your only hope will be to defeat him as fast as possible, and evem if you do so, you can discover that you were cursed during the battle. Cursed by a Man wich with his voice can start a popular revolt against his Leader a man forced to live in the Dark by their govern.
Example: Necromancers, Summoners, Rebels, Puppets Master, Gotics, Anarchists, Freedom Fighters.
Who is a Dark Summoners? Persons who dont like Laws or persons who value Freedom.

Class: Air Mage
Element: Air
Combat Skill: Someone who can simple do Magic is someone to be feared, Mages can Destroy entire Armys as Long their have enough energy. They can also do many imaginable things outside combats.
Example: Wizards, Mages, Shamans.
Who is a Air Mage? Persons who arent crontoled by insticts and Feelings, persons who arent scientists, and dont have a big opniom of Freedom or Law. Those persons somehow evem if they dont belive, have higer control over thenselfs than any other class.

Oposite Elements.
- Oposite Elements might give bônus Damage.
Dark and Light: What is Most Important? Law or Freedom?
Earth and Air: What is Most Important? To Have Pure Instincts or to be Moderated?
Water and Fire: What is Most Important? Feelings or being Racional?
Last edited by Ninkurou on Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ninkurou

Story of the Game

Post by Ninkurou »

For those of You who want to put characters inside my game, here is the Plot.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the fictional World of Eteria, everything was nice, most of the world was at peace even with some small wars in foreign coutries... At least until that day... A New Ice Age felt over the world, turning most of land into a Ice desert. World wars started for the last Green Lands, the wars brought destruction, sickness and death.

Some generations later, when the humans are rebuilding their world some groups are about to enter a new war.

- The Cruzaders
In fear most persons turn to faith, as the world became a hell, it also becamed high religious.
The Clerical groups in order to survive raids of triefs and killers, were forced to create an alliançe, a alliançe with no leader besides a council.

As the only technology left was the one found in the ruins, they had no option than to recreate the weel, they were forced to use as their main weapon Swords, Armors and Shields.

During the days of Peace a new race was created, the Hybrids, creatures half animal half human, talking anthropormofic animals if you want. The race of the Hybrids were created as pets and adoptive sons for the humans,
when the entire world went down, it just increased their alliançe, since then these old pets became some of the Cruzaders Stronger Warriors.

The Most popular group inside the Cruzaders is the Silver Knights, Religious Warriors over the promisse of never kill, they fight to protect the weak and opressed.

Another Group Which needs mention is the Cult of Apoliom, a religious group which think that they are the forces of Good, and they need to Hunt and kill every evil in the face of the world. They sure consider The Rebels, The Survivors, The Foresters and the The Easter Empire evil. And sure also have enough political streght to bring the entire alliançe inside the war.

- The Rebels
Not everyone is happy to have religious groups comading their lifes, they rebelled against the Cruzaders and were abble to take over a fortess in the montains, however their number is by far smaller than any other army, so they were forced to use tatics of fear, to scare their enemies away, they were also forced to steal ancient secrets, and learn whon to summon the undead.

Hidding in the shadows, and attacking with an undead army, they plan to take down the other four organizations and take control over most of the green lands, they know that who controls the green lands will control food production, and then they will destroy the clerical powers of the cruzaders, which will be forced to fight with the foresters for the last green lands, ending with both organizations destroying thenselfs, shadows of the old govern who they also dont want to take control will also disapear, when the survivors starve to death, the easter empire in fear will be forced to go away and search for new lands.

- The Survivors
When the world was about to became frozen, persons of the govern and the scientists entered vaults, they remained inside these vaults for generations, in the time, their descendents developed new technologys, but these generations could not stay inside forever. One day the food started to became scarse, so they needed to leave, leave and see the frozem world that was left...

For many days they travelled the ice, until they meet the green lands. But what was their surprese when they seen monsters? killer monster! They had meet the foresters.

Things were not easier when they meet the other humans, they insulted their robots of "Heretical mechanical monster". One of the generals knew that this lands that their now builds castles were by right a belong to then. Their grandfathers ruled the coutry! How dare these insects go against then? They dont evem look that they can sustain thenselfs, they have an inferior technology, it could only be a easy victory... It would be needed just some missiles...

It was not, none of the books prepared then to meet true magic... The general which expected a promotion was demoted by the president, who had now in his hands a new war.

However, the General is very famous, an hero, and is also planing to take power by force, the military is not happy with the president decreasing the soldiers rations and money more than the medics and researches.

- The Foresters
Not all the Hybrids were created to be pets, some used to be experiments, some used to be keeped in zoos, prisons by other names... They consider every human evil, but their greatest desire is to meet vegence over the sons of the scientists which used their grandfathers, by killing each one of them.

The take over the entire florests, and are almost invencible inside, they cannot support the idea that humans chomp down trees, and hunt their nom-hibrid bothers, they also consider the hybrids which follow the humans to be traitors which also deserve death.

- The Easter Empire
The Easter Empire was also razed during the ancient war, but due to their big population, they still had enough persons to dont let their empire break, like every other coutry.

As decades passed, their population grew and so its needs, so their comunist dictator send an big army west with the mission to find more lands that can produce food and have fresh water.

As the Cruzaders, they also were not abble to retain technology, but based into the ancient story, they were abble to train powerfull warriors called Samurais and Ninjas.

- Your Army
You are a Angel Sent by God to this World.
Your mission is simple to prevent a war betwen these five armies without going against their free will. You cant force then to not go into war. For that you will need to find and recruit the world greatest heroes, create your own army based in courage. And find a way to stop each faction from killing thenselfs.

- The Demons
Only one man would win from this war... Airon Vlad, this man had been talking with the demons, and with then, he is planing to trow every faction against each other. Forcing then into a war that has a good chance of taking up millions of lifes.

In trade the demons gave him the power to absorb life force, with this power he can not only steal powers but also obtain eternal life...

He hired the help of traitors inside each alliance, and gave then big power to help then achieve their dearlly objectives.
Tattorack

Re: Help Developing my Game

Post by Tattorack »

(nobody commented yet!?Image...shame)
It looks very complex, is this going to be a forum game, video game (like a mmo), or something like D&D?
I has Deviant... urrm... by same name (durr)
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I don't really have much to add, sounds like a solid rpg story if that's what you're going for?
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Honestly, I can't add much to it, I mean it sounds like the classes are balanced out well, but without knowing the format, I can't do much to help. What I did like was how The Saints remind me of me and my small "army" in a way, minus the religious stuff. But the strangest part is that we are saints. Are you a wizard?
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Ninkurou

Thanks for Comenting!

Post by Ninkurou »

This is going to be an RPG Maker Vx Game... Like Final Fantasy Tatics...
You will comand the Heroes, select their positions into the Map during the battle, Im also planing to make the game fully customizable, you can give a nick name for each Character, Hire anybody (Even Villains), Join any army, have any Ending, construct the village like you want, construct the dugeons like you want to explore. (Kingdown Hearts Chain of Memories). Im also try to keep it as simple as possible...

He, he, The saints arent necessary religious, they can be religious or just persons that think that law is important. They will still have powers over cure, but its hard to dont be called saint, when you cure people...

Actually, all the magical energy of a unit will come of its faint, be it in Himself, be it in God, Devil, Person or Nature.
If a Mage belives that he can use magic, he will be abble to use, as he uses it his energy of his faint, it will become less and less... Until it disapear... But units can recover it during battle, by Meditating, Praying, listening to their leader...

The only exception is the Water Experts, they dont belive nothing, so their special skills are all free. Yes, thats right, is like having infinite magic, all of his skills are inteligence based. Not only that, but because they dont belive, they cant receive positive effects like placebo or bless, but neither negatie effects like curse or unluck.

But that too, cant mean that a Water Expert can't have a Religion... Anybody can or cannot have...

Actually, my biggest question is what race I should use as the Human Animal Hybrids, furries like house pets? Or create my own races?

And if i should use mythological creatures telling that they are in truth demons who faked being mythological Creatures and Deitys, like Kyuubi, Anubis, Boitata, Mermaids, or use only the basic horned demons and Imps, or create my own kind of demons. (Remenber that even if youre an Angel in this game, you can convice demons to fight for you, yes, if we use the mythological, Anubis for example will can be hired...)
Last edited by Ninkurou on Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

Wow!? So your a programmer?
Actually, my biggest question is what race I should use as the Human Animal Hybrids, furries like house pets? Or create my own races?
Creating your own species can be very fun, since you don't have to follow any rules of style other than the ones you place yourself.
Good luck!
The Grey Wolverine

Variety is the spice of life! So its good to see you are adding variance to it :) . So by your definition of a saint, I would be a saint, while I don't believe in a god or what have you, I do believe in people. How did you get into my head :?
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

Count me in as a water expertImage
Ninkurou

Post by Ninkurou »

Tattorack

Actually, RPG Maker Vx is easy to use, It is not needed to know how to program... I do know how to program a bit... But I dont need to use this knowledge... Since is very easy... RPG Maker Vx is also free... So anyone can download it and create their own games...

Thanks for your answer!

Grey Wolverine

Thanks, actually I know that it will sound strange... But I come with these classes by reading psychology books...
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

Actually, RPG Maker Vx is easy to use, It is not needed to know how to program... I do know how to program a bit... But I dont need to use this knowledge... Since is very easy... RPG Maker Vx is also free... So anyone can download it and create their own games...
Image................ is it also available for mac?
FowlJ

Post by FowlJ »

Tattorack wrote:
Image................ is it also available for mac?
Well - 'VX' stands for 'Vista and XP' - But I've never heard say that it isn't (Not that I've heard that it is, either).

Also - When did it become free? Or is there another program by the same name I've never heard of?
Ninkurou

Thanks Again!

Post by Ninkurou »

Tattorack

I dont know, why dont you try? It might work!

FowlJ

An English version of the program is available from Enterbrain, with full functionality and 30-day free to use. But you can also download from other sites... I had been this way with most versions of the RPG Maker...

That is also the motive that I want to have a full project before creating the game.
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

I dont know, why dont you try? It might work!
Well, if its not, I've always got Parallels with Win XP Pro...
Ninkurou

Mr. Lion

Post by Ninkurou »

You can try it, Im sure that you will like, anyways, so you have any ideas for skills and powers?
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

Light saint: curing is obvious, you stated that yourself.
Light Arc: offensive, like a laser bow.
Crystal shine: Defensive, deflects enemy attacks for other allies.
Banish darkness: Counter, Any dark magic/powers (ie: leach, instant death) countered.
Fire knight:
Fire sword: offensive, charges melee weapon with fire.
Blast wave: offensive, charging weapon with fire and slamming it on the ground, causing an area of damage
Formation: defensive, a formation around a target unite/object to protect it.
(I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but there you go... I'll need some time to think of others..)
Ninkurou

Whoa!

Post by Ninkurou »

Thanks a lot, I dont have words to tell how much do you helped me!
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

Good you liked it!
Here some more:
Earth adventurer:
Crystalics: Utility skill, crystallizes materials to strengthen them, or for some other purpose (crystals make good windows!).
Advanced tracking: Utility skill, finding/learning from enemies by what they leave behind.
Counter dodge: Defensive, dodge attacks and disable (not so much damage) enemies.
Dark summoners:
Leach: offensive, suck the life of enemies to strengthen/heal self.
Nightmare imprint: offensive, make enemies crazy/confused.
Darkness aura: defensive, a small area around caster is protected from other spells/skills
Ninkurou

Thanks Again

Post by Ninkurou »

I Liked too, but I was planing to use advanced tracking as a racial skill for anthos...

Betwen other things... While athros had advance thacking, digging, sniffing I would like to give humans teanwork or Invention... Or something like that... Something that would be a symbolic thing for the humans coming togheter and building a society... Do you have any idea of a good symbol for development?

I know that its a bit hard to undestand symbols.... But well, here is a video that might help... Undestand what Im wanting... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gglu5O_ir6Y
The Grey Wolverine

I think something you could do is have like some of the anthros like the kajiks from TES 4, fast and agile, but with a lower defense and strength as a balance. And have say some lizard people or something where the scales act like armor for them, but limit movement and speed as a balance. What I think you should keep in mind is balance, have healers be slightly weaker fighters but maybe faster or have a higher defense to make up for it. I'm just making a suggestion, because remember, people don't want to become god like, at least I don't, nothing should be better than any other option and the game should get harder to keep challenging the player as they get better at playing.
Ninkurou

Yep, Grey Wolverine

Post by Ninkurou »

Looks very good the idea of having these races with these skills, I actually was planing into adding three races... Each for each motive to create a Human Animal Hybrid, for creating organs, for being pets and as soldiers...

Maybe I should keep the lizard for organs and the fast as pets...
(Note: All the races are free, remember that is a post world chaos scenario, were they were abble to escape and build their own civilizations...)
The Grey Wolverine

I just had another idea, what if you had some avian types? You know, birds and the likes. Maybe make them scout sort of characters with the ability to fly for a time, but based off a stamina system, so they will be unable to fly after a time, and you could make them fragile due to hollow bones.
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

Yes, and a serious weakness to archers, and a very good strength against none ranged, since they
can do about nothing to a flying thing unless it comes down for an assault...
Ninkurou

Thanks Again

Post by Ninkurou »

Birds really seen like a good idea, a flying race is a nice idea, however, i was alreandy planing into adding a anthro bird spirit to the game... So I planedother flying race...

Tattorack and Wolverine, here is what you helped me achieve!

An Race that will be Humans.
Precision: Better with fire weapons.
Curiosity: Obtain triple intelligence upon studing.

A Hybrid Race that was created to be pets, Wulnies.
Wolf's Blood: + 1 Movement During Battles
Dog's Nose: This unit can locate Smells
Cat's View: Can see in the Darkness
Hare's Ear: This unit can locate danger
Note: As they were created to be pets.... Adult Wulnies are the sie of human kids. But as strong as humans adults. They can see in the dark as a cat, but their eye resembles more of a dog... which flash in the dark like a cats.... They can wag their tail like dogs, purr like cats... Expect the puppy eye...

A Hybrid Race that was created for producing, Morgans.
Dragon's Body: + 50 Stenght and + 50 Resistence
Snake's View: Can see in the Darkness (Infrared)
Salamander's Blood: Regeneration inside Battle
Bunnie's Ear: This unit can locate danger
Armadillo's Claw: These long and strong nails allow to dig without a shovel
Note: As they were created for organs for humans... Morgans are Hot blooded mammals lizards, so they are abble to fight in the Snow as well as in the Green Land. Organs removed can regrow... They reproduce as fast as bunnies, have extra streghts and resistances to protect the organs from armadillos and dragons (Komodo)

A Hybrid Race created as a Weapon, Bateenas.
Bat's Wings: Flying movement inside the battle (They will move a smaller area than the others)
Hyenas Stomach: Eat Dead Enemies and Rotten Food
Lion's Muscles: + 50 Strenght
Wolf's Nose: This unit can locate Smells
Note: Its pretty obvious since they were created for war... Every skill helps in survival and fight...

Give ideas suggestion and changes that you think that would be nice

(Basically Humans Shoot Bateenas, which defeat from above Morgans, which defeat in melee combat wulnies, which defeat humans with speed)
FowlJ

Re: Thanks Again

Post by FowlJ »

Ninkurou wrote:Words about races.
Those seem like interesting and unique races, certainly, but you should perhaps branch out the strains of animals that they are drawn from - You chose pretty generic animals, there. Perhaps for the avian race you could have something like 'Harpy's Talons'? (The talons of the Harpy Eagle snap shut with more force than a wolf's jaw - Pretty scary stuff)

You could also emphasize those abilities to make them more unique in combat - The lizards claws would prevent them from using most weapons, but would be fairly good weapons on their own, and armoured scales would make up for the lessened offense? Now, humans are the only race there that doesn't have natural weapons or armour, so they would have the most powerful weapons in exchange for being rather squishy, yeah?
Ninkurou wrote:Moar words. (That you actually said in your second post...)
Might I say that the spelling you chose for the 'Cruzaders' makes me cringe, no offense. Now, necromancy for the rebels sounds good, but 'ancient secrets' could also refer to technology from the old world, which presumably was a modern/near-modern civilization? They could augment the zombies with basic technological enhancements, which are not compatible with a living human body but are fine when hooked up to the undead? The player being an angel I have no real comments on, though that seems a little flat from a story standpoint. One complaint: Airon Vlad? You can make an evil character without given him an incredibly cliche 'evil' name, you know. ;)
Ninkurou wrote:Yet Moar Words.
I don't know how hard this would be for you to include in the game, but how about separating the elements from the classes? Whereas the classes tell the character's skillset, the elements seem based in their personality - Maybe the class would determine things like special skills that are unlocked, and elemental affiliation would determine things like the curve of the character's health/mana/strength/etc, and how fast they level up? (As well as special skills having to do with that element).
Ninkurou

Hello again, FowlJ

Post by Ninkurou »

I liked very much what you said about Races

The Plot is full of traps, Airon Vlad is on purpose a cliche evil name because its just another trap...
Example of Trap: At first you will be an ally with the Cruzaders, and will see those saints and paladins as the force of good, fighting against necromancers and hordes of undead... However as you proceed you will discover that the paladins arent as good neither the rebels evil, actually the rebels rebbeled against the opressive Cult of Apoliom, and then the Cult acting as the good guys told the other Cruzader organizations that the rebels are evil followers of devils... And then called each other cruzader organization include your heroes to fight then...

Silver Knights represents the good guys inside of the Cruzaders alliance
Cult of Apoliom represents the evil inside of the Cruzaders alliance

Yes, I alreandy planned to have tech zombies... For example a ghost armor with chaisaws or heavy machine guns in place of hands...

There is a good reason why youre an angel... First you are invisible to mortals, second you can't force then to do what they dont want, just use influence... You must influence then to create an army of heroes and make peace betwen all the factions... Demons also are also invisible to then, and will try to influenciate then to do evil... You must fight these devils in person... Behind every villain, there will be a stronger devil who protects him...
Basically your heroes have to defeat the villain, and you the devil...

The rebels are not followers of devils, they stole the demons ancient secrets... Every magical spell is stolen or learned from devils... Each time that you defeat a Big Demon or Fake God, your heroes can invade his lair and steal his spell or secrets...
Ninkurou

About Elemental Class

Post by Ninkurou »

I really dont know if i should let class and elements togheter or not...

As you know, the basic classes are, damange, tank, healer, archer, mage and summoner... (Joker and bard are the last basic class, but they are almost the same... Nobody like to have an class based only on status)
So I linked each class to the personallity kind that throught that would be good togheter...
Tank - Feelings
Damange - instincts
Archer - intelligence
healer - Law
Summon - Chaos
Mage - balance
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

Summon - Chaos
You have no idea how this fits with entropy! Image
The Grey Wolverine

What if you had some sort of an advancement system of the classes? Like the summoner could start as a conjurer but when he/she gets strong enough they become a summoner, the archer becomes a marksman, warrior becomes a knight. I think you get what I mean, and when they advance the class to the next "level" so to speak, you could add some benefits, like a spell caster uses less energy, a warrior is stronger, an archer can move while aiming ect.
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

Knight upgrades to Paladin, Paladin would have some holy powers... I think, that is, if
I get the history of a Paladin right...
Ninkurou

Moar about the Game

Post by Ninkurou »

You know what, you two convinced me...
Its really look like good ideas!

Note: When I created summon , it was not called summoner, but necromançer... Since in my game all summons are the undead.... I changed the name to summoner, because i thinked that persons might became offended of being called necromancr, because the first thing that comes to your mind when you listen the word necromancer is evil... Evem if in my game necromancers were not suposed to be evil...

An rebel is forced o hide in the shadows, until the right moment to summon his allies and strike down the opressor...