Scared?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

yehoshua

Re: Scared?

Post by yehoshua »

I was afraid of roller coasters until I got on one and had fun, I'm just afraid of my stuff falling off when I'm on a roller coaster.
Sent from my conifer.
Alex

Post by Alex »

yehoshua wrote:I was afraid of roller coasters until I got on one and had fun, I'm just afraid of my stuff falling off when I'm on a roller coaster.
Yeah, that's what I was afraid, too, and I lost my cell phone on one :\ Oh well...
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

I'm afraid of my mother T_T
Sent from my conifer.
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

KJOokami wrote:My biggest fear at the moment is needles. I'm actually really surprised no one's brought that one up yet, considering it's a pretty common fear, as far as I know. I had a simple operation done on my big toes (to have my ingrown toenails cut back into order), and the same process which I was fine with a couple years ago (a couple needles into each toe to numb them up) had me literally hyperventilating every time I felt one go in, and because of that I was borderline freaking out for the rest of the operation. :| I was not amused.
Ahh, I couldn't agree more. I had the same thing done and that was about the worst pain I've ever went through.

Wost of all, I had to get half of my nail removed before the numbing stuff even fully kicked in.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Just imagine how much it would've hurt without any numbing injection. The needle spared you pain.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Afraid of swimming in open waters, maybe the beach but depends where, I'm afrad of jellyfish and sharks after all. Not as much of sea snakes since they might be very poisonous but they are shy and would rather run (swim) away. I'm also afraid of manowars even though I know that the chances of them killing me are very low. I might be afraid of crockadiles and alligators for obvious reasons.
Sent from my conifer.
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Sleet wrote:Just imagine how much it would've hurt without any numbing injection. The needle spared you pain.
Sort of, if it had kicked it sooner. I had it done twice, and the second time didn't hurt nearly as bad because the doctor gave it about 10 minutes to work.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

I seem to be different from other people in a lot of ways--I'm the sort who HAS to see the needle going in. If I don't, I don't know when to expect to feel the prick, and so I flinch when it DOES go in.

For probably the same reason, I NEED spoilers when it comes to any sort of narrative art form--I've never understood why people think it's ruined if they know the ending. You don't experience a narrative to learn the ENDING, you do it for the EXPERIENCE--otherwise, why NOT just skip to the end?
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Yeah, the needle spared me pain, I won't argue that. I'm very thankful for them. Doesn't make me any less uncomfortable when I see one (or even if one comes up in conversation). They make my skin crawl, to be honest. There's a reason it's called a phobia and not just a fear: it's irrational. ;)

Just something about the knowledge that there is something probing inside of my body, though. Makes me highly uncomfortable.

The weirdest part of it is, by complete contrast to the first time I had the operation done, the primary source of pain after the numbness disappeared was the throbbing of the parts of my toes where the needles went in. Ehhhhh, I need to stop talking about this. I'm making my own skin crawl...
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I've had that same operation done to me four or five times. I agree that part is not fun.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

yehoshua wrote:Afraid of swimming in open waters, maybe the beach but depends where, I'm afrad of jellyfish and sharks after all. Not as much of sea snakes since they might be very poisonous but they are shy and would rather run (swim) away. I'm also afraid of manowars even though I know that the chances of them killing me are very low. I might be afraid of crockadiles and alligators for obvious reasons.

Dude, I hate being in open water too. I went snorkeling last year in Florida, and I was on edge the whole time. The water we were in was about 3 feet deep(which is still plenty deep enough for a shark) but off the shore a ways was a drop off that was probably close to 100 feet deep, and the water there was dark so you wouldn't see anything coming at you until it's too late. That's the last time I'll ever be snorkeling, or swimming in the ocean for that matter...

If you don't want a fear of deep water, never EVER watch the show "River Monsters" on Animal Planet. That show proves that there is so much stuff in water that can do you harm...... Thank you public television broadcasts, for giving me something else to fear in this world......
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

And yet, there you are on a boat with your swim trunks and flippy floppies.
Sent from my conifer.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

LOL!!! Yes, yes I am! :lol:

I actually really like being around water, like on the beach and such, but I don't like having encounters with the things that are in it. I don't care to be on a boat, wave runner, etc., but just don't dump me off somewhere in the ocean.
------------------

Alex

Post by Alex »

TougeFoxJ.D.M. wrote:Dude, I hate being in open water too. I went snorkeling last year in Florida, and I was on edge the whole time. The water we were in was about 3 feet deep(which is still plenty deep enough for a shark) but off the shore a ways was a drop off that was probably close to 100 feet deep, and the water there was dark so you wouldn't see anything coming at you until it's too late. That's the last time I'll ever be snorkeling, or swimming in the ocean for that matter...

If you don't want a fear of deep water, never EVER watch the show "River Monsters" on Animal Planet. That show proves that there is so much stuff in water that can do you harm...... Thank you public television broadcasts, for giving me something else to fear in this world......
Actually, the sea just looks dark. It's an illusion because it's so deep, and the depths are dark, but the first 10 meters are bright. Sunlight reaches it. So actually you would be able to see something coming to you way before it's too late.

Also, I watch river monsters, and I'm not afraid of water. Those fishes can bite me, I'm not scared of them! (Worst pun ever?)
Richarson Valley

KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Alex wrote:Actually, the sea just looks dark. It's an illusion because it's so deep, and the depths are dark, but the first 10 meters are bright. Sunlight reaches it. So actually you would be able to see something coming to you way before it's too late.

Also, I watch river monsters, and I'm not afraid of water. Those fishes can bite me, I'm not scared of them! (Worst pun ever?)
Ever see the one about the man-eating catfish?
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Alex

Post by Alex »

I believe I did. I hate catfish so much, don't know why. They're so ugly that they're an insult to cats. But I'm still not scared :\ Like, I know it is dangerous, but I'm just no afraid of it.
Richarson Valley

ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

I had a little catfish once that ATE all my other fish! :roll:

I do love the TASTE of catfish, though.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Alex wrote:I believe I did. I hate catfish so much, don't know why. They're so ugly that they're an insult to cats. But I'm still not scared :\ Like, I know it is dangerous, but I'm just no afraid of it.
Yeah, there's hundreds of species of catfish around the world, and some really big ones are in South America. Besides that they have what's called a Wolf Fish, which is a big, carnivorous fish that supposedly runs Piranha off. Freshwater Stingray's, Caimen, Electric eels, and a bunch of other creatures can potentially kill you.

I really like watching River Monsters because I think it's interesting and the show is well put together. But at the same time, it makes me not want to swim in large bodies of water because you have an idea of what could be living in them.
------------------

CaptainPea
Extremerator

Fear ooooh

Post by CaptainPea »

I think this is an interesting topic and about time it comes back up to bat, SO, with only 284 days until Halloween, I want to know what people here are afraid of so that I can exploit your fears for personal gain, just out of a bit of inexplicable human curiosity.

I personally have retained (what I vaguely remember somebody else telling me was) one of the few fears that we are born with, that being the fear of heights. Never have liked them.

Also anything with an exoskeleton creeps me out. Things aren't supposed to look like that.
Image Image
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

I will list a few of mine briefly.
  • Heights.
    Extreme Heat.
    Spiders.
    Not being able to move.
    Anything that can alter your way of thinking.
    Lose of Life.
    Bones.
    Guns.
    Occasionally Darkness.
    Deep Water.
    Ticks.
    Caves.
    Change.
    The Unknown.
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Heights
Being inside of planes
Spiders
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Randomextra

Post by Randomextra »

You want peoples fears? Some of mine are claustrophobia,and heights .
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

CaptainPea wrote:Also anything with an exoskeleton creeps me out. Things aren't supposed to look like that.
Really? Those are the only bugs that don't gross me out. Well, mostly.

Anything with more than 8 legs or a hydrostatic skeleton grosses me out.
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

Well where to begin?

My major fears are of balloons, clowns, death (mainly of ceasing to exist), rejection and embarrassing myself

I also somewhat fear bees and wasps (Allergic to both of them) and public speaking.

Things that I both have a interest and fear of are masks/costumes and change

I was once so afraid of death that I was also afraid of the dark. I managed to mainly successful overcome that. But for any years it was so bad I wouldn't sleep every now and then.
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Banality( the idea of working the same 9-5 job for 30 something years terrifies me)
Spiders
I'm also terrified that people talk about me behind my back and/or that my friends really hate me and are just pretending to like me for some reason.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I'm afraid of pain. this indirectly makes me afraid of any kind of stinging insect.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Construction Boots

Post by Construction Boots »

My number one fear is and will always be the fear of syringes. Any time someone has came at me it often causes me to go into a fight or flight state of mind and it all leads back to the first booster shot that I could remember getting where the nurse was new at the job and pushed the needle right through the vain which lead to alot of blood.
Ok so I'm secretly a mouse who lives in a boot. What you have never seen rescue rangers before?

Widget's stats: S- 4, P- 4, E- 8, C- 4, I- 5, A- 10, L- 7

Inky's stats: S- 6, P- 5, E- 4, C- 6, I- 6, A- 7, L- 8
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Inali wrote:LOL!!! Yes, yes I am! :lol:

I actually really like being around water, like on the beach and such, but I don't like having encounters with the things that are in it. I don't care to be on a boat, wave runner, etc., but just don't dump me off somewhere in the ocean.
Oh God, this. Very much this. If I can't see the bottom, I don't want to be swimming there. Even when I got dropped off in a lake with a life jacket as part of some safety training, the whole time I was thinking "Hahaha okay the life jacket works now pull me back in the freaking boat." :/ Swimming in the ocean on vacation, I would move back toward shore whenever the water became too deep for me to touch the bottom ... and I would absolutely flip out every time something brushed my leg.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Coatl_Ruu wrote:
Inali wrote:LOL!!! Yes, yes I am! :lol:

Oh God, this. Very much this. If I can't see the bottom, I don't want to be swimming there. Even when I got dropped off in a lake with a life jacket as part of some safety training, the whole time I was thinking "Hahaha okay the life jacket works now pull me back in the freaking boat." :/ Swimming in the ocean on vacation, I would move back toward shore whenever the water became too deep for me to touch the bottom ... and I would absolutely flip out every time something brushed my leg.
I made the mistake of going snorkeling once... NEVER AGAIN...
------------------

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I'm afraid of a lot of things, but I have a few that fit the phobia definition.

- Heights
- Surgeries involving flesh incisions
- Losing my sanity
- Uncertainties in life
- Fights and confrontations
- Displeasing others / making others sad / disobeying orders

I kinda struggle with the third one all the time now, so this might not be a phobia in the long run.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Mettlebird
Location: I heard a lot of shouting and stuff, then I got shoved into a car. Where to this time?

Post by Mettlebird »

Mimes. I cover my face and scream when a mime pops up on tv. I can't stand them. They just totally traumatize and terrify me.

I don't like being in deep water. I don't mind it if it's clear water, but if it's cloudy and murky, I get panicked and flail miserably.

I don't like being in wide-open spaces. It makes me feel vulnerable. I don't mind it if I'm with someone, but if I'm by myself I'd probably get freaked out.

Turning corners. Unless I'm with someone or there are other people around, I simply hate turning corners. I fear what might be around the bend. I know it's silly, but I just have this dreadful feeling that something's there that wants to hurt me.

The dark. I don't like the dark. I had some...strange stuff happen to me a few months back, and it was obvious to my whole family that something...not good was present. It happened at night, every night. Parents saw it happening. There was clawing at my wall, my window was opened at one point, my bed was shaken, shadows slinked across the ceiling and floor-and one time it was while I had the lights on. I got a picture of it, too. I saw a dark figure standing at the foot of my bed at least twice. Footsteps could be heard all night every night. My parents even heard it. None of us had any way to...well, to explain it. Whispers of horrible, horrible things were heard by me every night. Things like 'you're going to die,' or 'you have no way to escape.' I had night terrors almost every night for a month. Then this weird activity got to a point where it was happening during the day. The face that I had been seeing in my night terrors every night popped up on my computer screen for about five seconds. It totally traumatized me, all this weird stuff, mostly happening at night. My family was pretty upset about it, too. We'd all seen it happening. It all stopped when we had the house blessed, though. I still don't like the dark, because I'm afraid that it might happen again... *shudders* At least I know why I have this phobia. (I am NOT kidding about this. It was horrible. It effected my whole household. Even the pets.)

I'm totally terrified of being outside in the dark. I've always had this, I just don't like not being able to see what's going on around me.

I can't live without my cellphone being in my hand or pocket. X3 One time I thought I lost it and I went into 'Oh crap' mode. I get separation anxiety without it. Although, most of my friends have this, too. *giggles*
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

well for some reason i thought i had posted here, but i hadn't. looking at the list here i'm going to take a wild shot in the dark and say very few of these are actual phobias, because we have otherwise got a lot of very unhealthy people here.

that said, i am extremely deathly afraid of
beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

that's it. that's my only fear. i hate them more than wasps. if i see a wasp, i'll still do what i can to avoid them, but that's out of wanting to not get stung rather than abject fear. if a moth smacks straight into my face without me having seen it, of course i'll freak out, because it's unexpected and gross. but it's still just a moth. if there are ants everywhere, i'll do that funny ant dance, because being bitten hurts. but none of these are fears. none of them even come close to how disgustingly terrifying one of those terrible fuzzy yellow... things are

ughaiograioboi oh man now i'm thinking about them, i mean, it's the middle of the freaking summer, they're probably still active right now, like what if i go out tomorrow and there are bees everywhere, i mean i live in the foothills there are trees and flowers everywhere oh god no i need to end this post now i'll go on for ages if i don't shut up ughgughghghuangoiernoinweoinao
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Don't you go by Ebly Bee in some circles? That strikes me as odd.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

well yeah, but that's just from spelling out the initial of my last name. you know, the 'letter beeeeeeeee'. the connection is coincidental.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The bees haunt you even to your initial. They're waiting for you to let your guard down. Then they'll strike.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Sleet wrote:The bees haunt you even to your initial. They're waiting for you to let your guard down. Then they'll strike.
hahaha

haha

okay brb soiling self
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I seem to recall, when you were possibly furry, suggesting you use a bee as your avatar. I am now highly amused.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Ebly wrote:
Sleet wrote:The bees haunt you even to your initial. They're waiting for you to let your guard down. Then they'll strike.
hahaha

haha

okay brb soiling self
I like how you have to leave your computer in order to do it. With the same effort that could be used to reach the bathroom.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Dissension wrote:I seem to recall, when you were possibly furry, suggesting you use a bee as your avatar. I am now highly amused.
oh wow, i don't even remember that. maybe it was as a joke or something! i've definitely gotten worse about them as time's progressed
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

I guess my fears include:
Dolls or Mannequins because they look like they could move at any moment and dolls were used in some voodoo rituals to hold souls. :?
Insects because they are just plain creepy, and a beehive fell on my head when I was 3.
Failure because I am a perfectionist. :roll:
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!