My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

IceKitsune

Re: My Little Pony

Post by IceKitsune »

New American episode time! The final Daring Do episode of the series. This one was pretty good honestly, not to much worse than the other Daring Do episodes. I liked that it looked at the other side of things but I have to admit that Ahuizotl's reformation is way less believable than that of Cabalaron. His first episode showed him clearly as a bad guy and while I can think of a few reasons that he might do what he tried to do and still be a good guy its pretty odd and weak IMO. Fluttershy was honestly the highlight of the episode she was great throughout the whole thing. It makes sense that she would be the one to want to listen to others compared to Rainbow Dash she even pointed out why Daring Do might not be as virtuous as she thinks she is. Daring Do realizing that she might have been in the wrong even if she was doing things for a good reason, at least to her, was nice. I also really liked the ending that was expected but cute as well.Overall I would give this one a 7.5/10 Pretty good overall.

Edit: New episode time! This one was good. Nothing amazing but pretty good. The CMC not being able to go on their own is a little weird IMO, and why didn't they ask Scootaloos Aunts? (likely the episode was written before Last Crusade) Outside of that though the premise was good and I liked the song quite a bit. I liked the return of creepy ticket pony. Them getting lost in the swamp was funny and I liked a lot of that scene. The two new characters were good. I understood where both of them were coming from even if Biscuit was clearly wrong.

The new animal was interesting and I liked how it turns into a massive tornado, I loved that nod to Wizard of Oz they had as well. The ending was expected but maybe could have used a cut away to Twilight and Fluttershy realizing what had happened rather than just them randomly showing up.
Overall a pretty good episode 7.5/10 much like the last one.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I just wonder why they didn't ask Pinkie Pie, taking them to a fair seems right up her alley. unless they explained that and i missed it.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

In a surprise to basically no one who pays attention to how popular these kinds of things are The Comics are doing an official Season 10 Continuation. I will be picking these up for sure to see how they are.

Edit: Time for the newest American Episode! The Big Mac Question is one of the best episodes of the season for sure.I liked the interview process that they were doing with everyone telling parts of the story. Tons of nice little references one to Star Trek, and even one to the comics somewhat with the apples. LYRA AND BONBON IS OFFICIALLY CANON! In the words of Thor "I knew it!" I am so glad this finally happened. Both Sugar Belles and Big Mac's ideas for proposing were cute though completely over the top honestly. Ms. Cake was a bit stupid to take on all of that at such a short notice. Discord was his usual self and great as always.Overall I would give this one a 10/10 one of the best of the season as I said. Only one week remains guys all three final episodes air on the 12th.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Part Of The Journey Is The End

Ok finale time! I really enjoyed the heck out of this finale. Tons of great stuff in it. Some not so great things as well.I think the Discord twist wasn't well done even if it was far from the worst twist I've seen. Glimmer was a complete badflank the whole time, seriously elevated her in my eyes in the end. Loved her fight with Chrysalis that was sooo good. Cozy Glow was a pretty good throughout as well I liked her chaos powered form. Terik was being the most logical of the three as usual.

The Avengers Assemble style scene was absolutely epic and I loved the fact that Queen Novo, Skystar, Tempest and Capper all ended up showing back up. No Captain Celaeno and the Parrot Pirates though I'm gonna actually ask about that if I can catch Big Jim's Q&A tomorrow. I'm glad they all got turned to stone honestly it is one of the major things that MLP has over Steven Universe. It is willing to admit some people just need some punishment and they can't really be rehabilitated.

Lyra and Bon Bon finally got married which was nice. I want to see some of the things in those stain glasses. Guess the season 10 comics will deal with them though. The future stuff was great I loved seeing the grown up Student Six and Cake Twins (the CMC we had already seen). I guess Granny and Goldie are gone now since AJ and Apple Bloom were wearing their scarfs. Not too surprising. That final song got me hard, every time I watched the finale I cried when I heard it. That is going to get bronies going for years to come I think.Overall I'm gonna rate episode 24 a 8/10 the twist brings it down. episode 25 a 9/10 and 26 a 9/10. Overall the combined finale (which is the way it's meant to be watched as that is how they premiered it.) is a 9.5/10 only a few small things bring it down from being a perfect 10/10

And that is all they wrote for now on Friendship is Magic it was a great ride and I can't wait to see what's next.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight

Edit: By the way if I were to rank the seasons it would be like this
1. Season 4
2. Season 5
3. Season 2
4. Season 7
5. Season 9
6. Season 1
7. Season 8
8. Season 3
9. Season 6
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I'm a fan of all the shipping fanservice in the final episodes. Pinkie and Cheese was a no brainer, not sure if AppleDash was 100% confirmed but they definitely were bickering like an old married couple, same idea with Fluttercord. my one gripe with that song was that it missed 2 chances at fun callbacks cause Rarity's verse said her element and Dash's said "big adventure" like she does in the opening and i'd have liked one of those to carry to all of them.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I'm a fan of all the shipping fanservice in the final episodes. Pinkie and Cheese was a no brainer, not sure if AppleDash was 100% confirmed but they definitely were bickering like an old married couple, same idea with Fluttercord. my one gripe with that song was that it missed 2 chances at fun callbacks cause Rarity's verse said her element and Dash's said "big adventure" like she does in the opening and i'd have liked one of those to carry to all of them.
According to leaked material (and somewhat implied by Big Jims Q&A)AppleDash and Fluttercord were intentionally implied and both are thought to be canon by I think the whole staff IIRC.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well, it looks like this ride is back on even earlier then I thought it would be. My Little Pony: Pony Life A new show is coming in 2020. Now I know a lot of people are already dismissing this right away based on the art style alone but I'm not going to do that. While it isn't my favorite art style it doesn't mean it is going to be bad. I will be giving this one a fair shot when it comes out I need to see a few episodes to really judge it.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

IceKitsune wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I'm a fan of all the shipping fanservice in the final episodes. Pinkie and Cheese was a no brainer, not sure if AppleDash was 100% confirmed but they definitely were bickering like an old married couple, same idea with Fluttercord. my one gripe with that song was that it missed 2 chances at fun callbacks cause Rarity's verse said her element and Dash's said "big adventure" like she does in the opening and i'd have liked one of those to carry to all of them.
According to leaked material (and somewhat implied by Big Jims Q&A)AppleDash and Fluttercord were intentionally implied and both are thought to be canon by I think the whole staff IIRC.
Oh that's really great! I couldn't tell the latter was intended but that's cool!

I don't think I said it here, but I really liked the episode! It was a great ending of the game. I cried a little.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well, everyone, the solicits for Season 10 are out! Season 10 Episode 1 We are going to finally explore The Zebra homeland! Also Tempest Shadow and Rockhoof join the party for this one as well! And finally Twilight is now going by the title Queen. Which I find super interesting. I can't wait for this one and to see what they have in store for us with the rest of season 10.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Transformers/Friendship is Magic Crossover comic coming in November YES! It's about time this happened I'm actually shocked this took them so long to do actually, it's such a perfect crossover. I am a huge, absolutely massive, sucker for crossovers so this is going to be right up my alley. The only way this could be better was if it was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Friendship is Magic.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

This is a few days late but those clip shows are finally being shown off. Here is the first one Not much new here obviously but there are some neat little things in there. Can't wait for the rest of them. They are being shown every Monday apparently.

Edit:Here is episode 2
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Here is Clip Show #3 This one is Fluttershy's and I think it is easily the best of the ones so far it feels the most like an actual episode of the show. Pinkies episode comes in a close second though.

Edit: Also Them's Fighting Herds released their 1.0 update a few days ago! So if you haven't picked it up now is the best time. Its come along way from being an MLP fan game that got C&D'd
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Rainbow Dash's Clip Show Clip Show number 4 out of 6 not much left now.

Edit: Applejack Clip Show Clip Show number 5 of 6 only one left now.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

The Final Clip Show This one is Glimmer, Spike and the Princesses. And as far as we know this is all they wrote folks! It's all over for G4 outside of the comics
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Pony Life Trailer I don't know exactly how I feel about this right now. I don't think it looks that terrible but I feel like I need to think about this more.

Edit: Character Introductions Honestly, the more I see from this show the less worried I am about it. It doesn't look amazing but it looks like it isn't going to be as bad as everyone predicted.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

The first episodes of Pony Life Well here they are everyone. I personally enjoyed them its, not the best thing ever and not on the level of FIM but I have seen worse honestly even from MLP. Not going to be for everyone but I think I can get some occasional enjoyment out of this until G5 hits

Episodes 3 and 4 of Ponylife So far the show is just ok honestly. It's short enough that IMO it doesn't overstay its welcome. I feel if this was 22 minutes I wouldn't be able to stand it, but than again maybe it would be better since they would get to flesh things out more.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Episodes 5 and 6 This show has been pretty good other than the first episode honestly. I really enjoyed these episodes quite a bit. Not up to the level of FIM but still good for what they are.

Edit: Episodes 7,8,9 and 10 they aren't split into two parts anymore so this is actually 4 episodes for this week. Edit 2: By the way this show actually has a shocking amount of continuity going on with two ongoing storylines right now I didn't expect that at all.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Episodes 9 and 10 for Pony Life Discord is back! Voiced by Peter New this time around These were an ok set of episodes nothing that bad but on the weaker side.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Episodes 11 and 12 I really liked these episodes Also Trixie! is now in Pony Life! YAY!

Edit: Episodes 13 and 14 Honestly some interesting developments in these ones. I wonder where they are going with all this.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Next set of episodes for Pony Life These were pretty good I feel like they set something up with I, Cookie. I also get the feeling that no one else really cares about this but me so this is likely my last time posting the episode reveals.

Edit: Season 10 Begins! IDWs Season 10 is here guys! I really liked the start here it sets everything up very nicely. A lot of people are complaining about the part were Zecora stops rhyming but it works perfectly fine and I don't feel it is out of character at all considering we know next to nothing about her past.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Planning on buying the entire series to get the whole picture as I'm mainly viewing fan works about My Little Pony G4 and the possibilities being possible with the fan community's work.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

New Information on G5! It's a sequel to G4 set in the future! Exactly what I thought they were going to do as this is kind of Hasbro's deal when it comes to their shows. Can't wait to see what they do with this.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That could honestly be pretty great! I'd definitely give it a shot.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Possible look at some of G5s main characters Its stock vector art like the early G4 stuff that still gets used on licensed things even today. However it looks way better than the G4 stock art that is for sure. I'll judge the show off seeing the actually show in motion and not just stock vector art like some people are sadly doing right now.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Entertainment Tonight gives us the G5 movie Synopsis So this sounds to be exactly what I was expecting honestly. I'm interested in how this is all going to play out and what happened to Twilight and the others. Should be very good if they pull it off right.

New main cast member and actual animation So the new mane 6 will have at least one male character in it. The animation is great IMO that was my last big worry. I'm pretty excited now and I can't wait to see what they do with this show.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I love the design of the new ponies! Not to mention how much pony ergonomics there is in Sunny's room. I loved that about early Friendship is Magic where the world is clearly designed for ponies, who act like ponies. That was kind of lost over time, but I hope it comes back for this!

I'm not super optimistic G5 will keep the same magic as G4 did, but I can at least give it a shot! I also really appreciate male main ponies now. I'd love it if there's a guy and a girl of all three races.
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

I'm going to be honest: I prefer the animation style of Friendship is Magic. Seeing a similar style in 3D makes it feel cheap for some reason.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

For me honestly, when I see something that is remade in 3D I am not really that much a big fan of it. I feel like it sort of ruins the magic of the original animation if that makes sense.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I definitely love the clean, flat lines of the original FiM style. But the G5 CGI style we saw is good in its own way! But the regular show isn't necessarily going to be in that same style, right?

I hope if not, it's 2D, rather than the cheapened CGI that TV shows based on CGI movies often are.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Pipp Petals and Zipp Storm from G5 get their own spotlight I guess I forgot to post about this when it was new. Both look pretty good in the new style and they are siblings which is interesting. Also, Smart Phone controversy! Personally I'm ok with it. It makes sense that their Tech would evolve years in the future; plus Twilight has been to the human world that has smart phones so it makes sense she would push for the development of something similar.
Sleet wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:08 pm I definitely love the clean, flat lines of the original FiM style. But the G5 CGI style we saw is good in its own way! But the regular show isn't necessarily going to be in that same style, right?

I hope if not, it's 2D, rather than the cheapened CGI that TV shows based on CGI movies often are.

I believe it is confirmed that the show will also be in 3D.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I meant to mention this while it was airing but I've been having trouble getting myself onto the forums:

watching the second season of the Are You Afraid of the Dark reboot and one of the major characters was played by Zephyr Breeze's voice and I couldn't stop hearing him.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Considering that fact that said show you heard his voice in is supposed to be a spooky and scary show, I have to admit reading that sounded a little funny. :lol:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

IceKitsune wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:11 am Pipp Petals and Zipp Storm from G5 get their own spotlight I guess I forgot to post about this when it was new. Both look pretty good in the new style and they are siblings which is interesting. Also, Smart Phone controversy! Personally I'm ok with it. It makes sense that their Tech would evolve years in the future; plus Twilight has been to the human world that has smart phones so it makes sense she would push for the development of something similar.
Sleet wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:08 pm I definitely love the clean, flat lines of the original FiM style. But the G5 CGI style we saw is good in its own way! But the regular show isn't necessarily going to be in that same style, right?

I believe it is confirmed that the show will also be in 3D.
I personally choose to ignore any Equestria Girls as being noncanon. :P

But yeah, I don't mind it being more modern if that's the world as designed! It could be interesting to see how they apply technology. It definitely beats being inconsistent with the kind-of-Medieval/renaissance technology like they kinda got after a while.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Its been a little bit since I posted in this topic but we have some big news for G5! Release date! Cast! and Writer! Some decently big names for the voice cast in this one I'm liking it so far.

Also the writer is G4 vet Gillian Berrow! She wrote the Daring Do Book series, Ponyville Mysteries series and the episodes The One Where Pinkie Knows, Fluttershy Leans In, Daring Done?, Grannies Gone Wild, The End in Friend along with various shorts for both Friendship is Magic and Equestria Girls. And a few episodes of Pony Life seems like it is in pretty good hand IMO. I can't wait! I want a proper trailer soon.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Usually when stuff has been released it means a trailer will be revealed in a little bit. You just got to have patience and you will be able to see it. ;)
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:27 am Usually when stuff has been released it means a trailer will be revealed in a little bit. You just got to have patience and you will be able to see it. ;)
Oh I know, it won't be to much longer now. Either near the end of this month or next month for sure.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Its how I remind myself not to give up hope about Rick coming back and reminding myself this is ONLY a hiatus.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Trailer In 3 Days! It's almost here! YES!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Trailer is here! Overall it looks pretty good the animation looks great in full motion and I really am liking Izzy quite a bit. The loss of magic seems to be pretty recent at least for the Unicorns but who knows that could just be the way the trailer is cut.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I just finished the movie not to long ago! Overall it was better than I thought it would be. It's nothing spectacular or anything but its a very solid above average movie. The plot itself is a bit predictable but I expected that. The strong points are the animation and the characters. They are all a lot of fun even the more minor ones. It sets up a lot of interesting things that the coming show can explore and the songs are actually really good. It does a good job of carrying the legacy of G4. 7/10 for me