My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

angelusbr

Re: My Little Pony

Post by angelusbr »

I don't know. Maybe Hasbro could sell custom made pony plushies. They could show some dresses and accessories and bronies would say which ones they wanted. Hasbro then would order to fabricate the plushie from scratch and them give to give to the brony (who gave the money in advance). I GUESS (I have near no knowledge about ecomonomics, so that's pretty much a random guess here) that could work for Hasbro since they can't be blind to not notice there are peoiple paying THOUSANDS of dollars for plushies. If Hasbro only makes plushies as much as they were paid for, then they could actually profit from it without risking it.
But, as I said, this is a suggestion from someone who doesn't know much about ecomonomics.
also top 20 moments from season 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 1O6Fk6Abxk
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
TurtleCopter
Location: 1 mile away from "I'll never do anything that stupid again"

Post by TurtleCopter »

Guys, please help. I do believe I'm going insane.

It's harder to be yourself than it is to be anybody else.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

What the heck?

Also. I wish they'd just make show-accurate plushies. I'd buy at least six. Right there on the spot.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

six of every pony
the extra 5 would all be changelings
epic plushie battles
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

TurtleCopter wrote:Guys, please help. I do believe I'm going insane.

So...what exactly is this?
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I just thought of something since we were talking about the life cycle of the Changelings. When Queen Chrysalis defeated Celestia and cocooned her, was that meant to restrain Celestia or to turn her into one of them? They may very well be pony versions of vampires! They may only be able to reproduce by changing others into them!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:I just thought of something since we were talking about the life cycle of the Changelings. When Queen Chrysalis defeated Celestia and cocooned her, was that meant to restrain Celestia or to turn her into one of them? They may very well be pony versions of vampires! They may only be able to reproduce by changing others into them!
That's a terrifying thought. I expect a fan fic covering it won't be long now.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

mariomarc wrote:i always find it amusing and incredably aggravating when companies like hasbro, who have plenty of money to spare, don't think that making a higher quality product, will make them more money
clearly some bronies have thousands of dollars to spare, maybe hasbro should try harder for their money
it's a conspiracy. Hasbro has deals with these custom plush makers, so they get more money for each limited edition plush, whereas if it were mass produced, they wouldn't get as much.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

mariomarc wrote:seriously
you think they would have at least one person in the entire company keeping an eye on who is watching the show and buying the toys
i mean, i guess they haven't needed that till now considering what mlp was before fim, but still
Single created plush cost less then to ramp up a whole production line, even for a limited run of plush. Plus there's the same problem with bronies
as their is with hardcore gamers, they talk a really good game, but they don't step up and buy. This mindset of. "I won't buy any toys till they look like the show ones" does not help convince Hasbro for one moment to spend thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars on having new molds made and changing the production lines around just to grab at best maybe 5% more in sales? The primary market is little girls and most little girls don't care if Fluttershy's hair and eyes are like they are on the cartoon.

Also, there's little to no chance of getting a official Hasbro villains toys/plush when it comes to MLP, again because it's a show aimed at little girls, not little boys. Just be glad that Hasbro doesn't decide to sic it's lawyers on the fanproducted plush makers who are not safe just because Hasbro isn't selling the kinds of plush the fandom wants, those are still trademarked and copyrighted characters. It's like if someone decided to start making Housepets Plush and selling them because Rick currently isn't, they would still be violating Ricks trademarks and copyright.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
mariomarc wrote:i always find it amusing and incredably aggravating when companies like hasbro, who have plenty of money to spare, don't think that making a higher quality product, will make them more money
clearly some bronies have thousands of dollars to spare, maybe hasbro should try harder for their money
it's a conspiracy. Hasbro has deals with these custom plush makers, so they get more money for each limited edition plush, whereas if it were mass produced, they wouldn't get as much.
More like Hasbro's turning a willing blind eye. If someone was mass producting these plush, you can bet your flank that Hasbro would be serving them with a C&D order within days because they could legally make the case that is affecting their sales.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

They're making a line of toys with ponies like Vinyl Scratch, Trixie and a white Celestia. I think that shows that they are trying to appeal to adults, at least somewhat.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Personally, I don't think it really matters if they start trying to appeal specifically to adults. We were all able to enjoy it before, weren't we?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The show, yes. But most adults wouldn't appreciate the toys. Because most of them suck. And a lot of adults want toys.
Radio Blue Heart

True. Particularly ones that actually resemble what the characters look like in the show.

They have made some strides in other areas though, like clothing. But still, fan made creations always seem to be one step ahead of them. Like this shirt design:

What fan would not want one of those?
-Virgil
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Compare these plushies to the frightening tripe they sell currently. If people are willing to bid those up to thousands, there's a market for plushies better than what they currently sell.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

If I was to buy anything toy wise for the show for me it would have to be really high quality, I'm just not much of a toy guy; but if they made something like the statues Marvel and DC do some times. I would buy those for sure.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Foxstar wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:it's a conspiracy. Hasbro has deals with these custom plush makers, so they get more money for each limited edition plush, whereas if it were mass produced, they wouldn't get as much.
More like Hasbro's turning a willing blind eye. If someone was mass producting these plush, you can bet your flank that Hasbro would be serving them with a C&D order within days because they could legally make the case that is affecting their sales.
you know that was a joke, right?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Radio Blue Heart

Another thing that they are missing out on is the music from the show. They should release a soundtrack album. The songs from MLP are better than anything that Disney has ever made (in my opinion of course).

Another thing is remixes of the songs. And once again, the fans have beat them to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng_KJM9J_TQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdrYlaEe41A
-Virgil
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:Another thing that they are missing out on is the music from the show. They should release a soundtrack album. The songs from MLP are better than anything that Disney has ever made (in my opinion of course).

Another thing is remixes of the songs. And once again, the fans have beat them to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng_KJM9J_TQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdrYlaEe41A
Now there's something I can agree on wholeheartedly. A soundtrack release just makes sense.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

If tomorrow somebody asks me what I did this weekend I will tell them "I drew Michael Jordan as Princess Celestia"
and then my friends will say "Pea why would you do that you're awful at drawing real people" and then I'll say "why are you calling me Pea" and then they'll say "who the **** is Princess Celestia"

But yeah this is based on Poneypokey's Friendship is Magic Live Show commentary, in which they speculated among other things that Michael Jordan would play Celestia and that Rainbow Dash would fall from the ceiling.
Image Image
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Applejack with a fez...I love you. :|
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I laughed out loud pretty dang hard at that. XP
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well I just learned something neat, going back to the question of would Twilight gain any type of title when Shining Armor and Cadance married; it turns out this question is a complete moot point. In the act of saving Equestria from Nightmare Moon and Discord (and its most likely canon due to the Star Wars metal ceremony at the end) all of the Mane 6 would have already been granted the title of Dame (the Female equivalent of Knight) which is already a title of Nobility (albeit a low one) in itself. This is of course obviously assuming it works the same as it does in the real world, which we have no reason to believe it wouldn't
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

so apparently someone took the daring do sequel that rainbow dash mentioned, Daring Do and the Griffon's Goblet, and actually wrote it
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/17689/D ... 27s-Goblet
i really hope to see some more
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

IceKitsune wrote:Well I just learned something neat, going back to the question of would Twilight gain any type of title when Shining Armor and Cadance married; it turns out this question is a complete moot point. In the act of saving Equestria from Nightmare Moon and Discord (and its most likely canon due to the Star Wars metal ceremony at the end) all of the Mane 6 would have already been granted the title of Dame (the Female equivalent of Knight) which is already a title of Nobility (albeit a low one) in itself. This is of course obviously assuming it works the same as it does in the real world, which we have no reason to believe it wouldn't
It would be a dame shame if never address that in the show. :P
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

Penwrite wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:Well I just learned something neat, going back to the question of would Twilight gain any type of title when Shining Armor and Cadance married; it turns out this question is a complete moot point. In the act of saving Equestria from Nightmare Moon and Discord (and its most likely canon due to the Star Wars metal ceremony at the end) all of the Mane 6 would have already been granted the title of Dame (the Female equivalent of Knight) which is already a title of Nobility (albeit a low one) in itself. This is of course obviously assuming it works the same as it does in the real world, which we have no reason to believe it wouldn't
It would be a dame shame if never address that in the show. :P
wow, awful pun, and you missed a 'they' in that sentance
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Yeah...I noticed...happens sometimes...oh well.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

you what i realized while rewatching clips from the season finale
even though the characters were able to stop Chrysalis, and force her army out of equestria
they never actually weakened her
she is still more powerful than celestia right now
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

mariomarc wrote:you what i realized while rewatching clips from the season finale
even though the characters were able to stop Chrysalis, and force her army out of equestria
they never actually weakened her
she is still more powerful than celestia right now
Good point. Also, did you not type "know" on purpose to mock me?
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Let's be respectful toward one another and avoid contributing to a hostile posting environment, please.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

i did not
it seems we are even now
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Indeed we are. *offers handshake*
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Something I made while hangin' out with Zander.
If you don't get the joke, PM me.
If you do, awesome.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Is it not appropriate for here?
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Ya wanna know how long I want our friendships to last?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5nAFecV ... creen&NR=1
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

i agree
at least we have the general chat threads
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Sleet wrote:Is it not appropriate for here?
It's perfectly appropriate. I just didn't want to go to off topic.
But anyway, Pinterest is considered feminine by a lot of people.
A while ago, I pinned a picture of Rainbow Dash that I got from Memebase, and when I tried to show Zander, he ask, "Isn't Pinterest like a reddit for girls." I said that a lot of people see it that way, then I said, "It's masculine now, because it now has ponies."
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Radio Blue Heart

Don't know if this has been posted here or not, but this is one of the best human versions of the main cast.

I like what the artist did with Spike.

And this particularly scary looking picture of Queen Chrysalis.

Giving her a more insect-like exoskeleton appearance is very disturbing!
Last edited by Radio Blue Heart on Tue May 01, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Virgil
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

That Spike reminds me of the little kid brother from My Life As A Teenage Robot.

The style of all of them is actually kinda similar, now that I think about it. I wonder if that was intentional, or if I'm just projecting my fading memories of that show onto a vaguely similar (but not really all that similar) rendition of humanized ponies. *shrug*
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That's 'cause it's Butch Hartman's style kind of!