My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

IceKitsune

Re: My Little Pony

Post by IceKitsune »

I just had to share this. Its pretty neat.

Edit: File link is gone and to big to upload. Basically it was Twilight Sparkle that showed her cutie mark stars had 42 points on them all together and that her number in the race episode (Fall Weather Friends) was 42 as well.
Last edited by IceKitsune on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

lol at the translucesnt trollestia in the bottom right corner.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Also neat but very very likely nothing more then a massive Coincidence (in fact I would be shocked if it wasn't, but you never know):
Show debuted on October 10, 2010 10/10/10
binary: 101010
decimal: 42

Edit: Just so you guys don't get the wrong idea this stuff is from somewhere else I didn't figure this out.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

It really is the answer to life the universe and everything, isn't it?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:For my Homestuck bronies
Andrew Hussie on tumblr wrote:“We know that Dirk has a genuine fondness towards Rainbow Dash. What are your thoughts on Friendship is Magic? Do you enjoy the show, or did you only include the cyan pegasus for the sake of humor?”

I’ve seen like one episode. It’s nicely done, but it’s a **** show for kids. I do some silly **** with my spare time but I am not a child. Some people think this makes Dirk a “brony.” I think it’s more that he really does watch it and evaluate it for whatever studious purposes he has, but just happens to like that one pony unironically. A brony does not this a dude make.
Dirk is not a true brony. :/
FiM spend far too much time looking for people outside of the fandom to be 'bronies' as if that will magically bring acceptance of a children's cartoon.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

well when the character specifically says that he likes Rainbow dash, that's usually a fairly safe assumption to make. Yes, it's dumb to assume Hussie likes the show, but this one didn't, they asked how he feels about the show.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Zander

Post by Zander »

Anyone notice the derp chronicles flash animation on the front page of EQD?

Can you guess who made them? Image
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Probably someone really stupid and dumb. Why? Who was it?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
exranio

Post by exranio »

Man when did the people here get so dang cynical?
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Zander wrote:Anyone notice the derp chronicles flash animation on the front page of EQD?

Can you guess who made them? Image
Is that why it used that music? because I thought of Housepets as soon as I heard it in there.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Ponies and doggies do not get along. Ever wonder why you never see unicorns anymore? Here is video reenacting the final battle of the bloody Dog-Unicorn War. The day man's best friend rid the world of the scourge of the one-horned mules!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7_4c2FvXWM
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Be afraid, bronies. Be very afraid
Last edited by angelusbr on Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

well what else has he worked on? we need to know that to judge how disturbing this will be. if he hasn't worked on anything too disturbing, this excites me.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

exranio wrote:Man when did the people here get so dang cynical?
I have always been cynical from day one.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

angelusbr wrote:Be afraid, bronies. Be very afraid
My guess? Ponyville in flames, as the mane 6 look on in horror from Canterlot. Then a 6 month break before season 3: My Little Cerebus Syndrome!

I kid, I kid, I kid. As my apology, here's a really awesome pony trailer thing. I love these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjuOGRPH ... r_embedded
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

Penwrite wrote:
angelusbr wrote:Be afraid, bronies. Be very afraid
Penwrite wrote:My guess? Ponyville in flames, as the mane 6 look on in horror from Canterlot. Then a 6 month break before season 3: My Little Cerebus Syndrome!

I dunno there were a number of really vocal people who got quite upset with the animation when Twilight went nutso, based on the EQD discussion thread. So it may be along those lines.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

IceKitsune wrote:Show debuted on October 10, 2010 10/10/10
binary: 101010
decimal: 42
Actually the binary representation of 42 is 101010 with an underscored 2 at the end.

For that I just add that it premiered as a two-parter. :p
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Hey gang, guess what? I just checked, and The Last Roundup is finally back on iTunes!
Radio Blue Heart

I just wanted to run this past everybody here to get their opinions. Some one posted "Hearth's Warming Eve" on youtube. During the episode, Pinky says that the Earth is round, confirming that Equestria is indeed located on Earth. The debate got started,

Does Equestria share borders with the Land of Ooo and Narnia?
-Virgil
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

it's possible
we never have seen all of any of these lands

itunes Last Roundup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 2CRjPO73Dg#!
HATE
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I'm okay with the new voice, because I kinda didn't like it anyway, but the eyes were the whole explanation for her overall lack of coordination, and taking the name away was just too far.
I don't blame Hasbro, they still released DVDs with her intact, I think this was iTunes. and lack of knowledge of the definition of derpy.

not that this'll ruin my enjoyment of the show, but It does upset me a bit.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

mariomarc wrote:it's possible
we never have seen all of any of these lands

itunes Last Roundup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 2CRjPO73Dg#!
HATE
That's...odd. Odd because I just bought the episode on iTunes an hour or two ago, and it was the original version. o.O Also, I kinda dislike that new voice. I can't put my finger on why, it's just...dislikable to me.

Edit: I figured out what it is about the new voice I don't like! The new voice is utterly generic! I mean, it sounds like it could belong to absolutely any background mare, smart or dumb, organized or clumsy. Derpy's original voice, no matter what you thought of it, at least had character to it. This is just...generic. And I hate it, because nothing in MLP:FiM should be generic.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

The Voice I'm fine with actually. Its better then the original though I agree with Brent changing the name was IMO pointless and kind of stupid.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I like her voice being more feminine, but the old voice was more expressive. Also I hate Rainbow Dash's new line. It's probably not even the same voice actress.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Sleet wrote:I like her voice being more feminine, but the old voice was more expressive. Also I hate Rainbow Dash's new line. It's probably not even the same voice actress.
You noticed that too? It's like the voice actress couldn't get rid of her incredulity at having to do the new line WHILE DOING the new line! In fact, I bet that's what happened!

And in all honesty, I probably would learn to accept the new voice eventually if they didn't get rid of Rainbow Dash calling her Derpy!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

What I hope is that this stuff doesn't end up destroying the show. 4Chans new pony board is already getting angry about this and you know some moron is going to DoS Hasbro and they are going to end up doing one of two things: 1. Cancel the Show or 2. Dumb it down to a really childish level or do something like that to try and run off the older fans. I just really hope this doesn't end up ruining a great cartoon because of something so stupid.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Man 4chan ruins everything...
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Sleet wrote:Man 4chan ruins everything...
They build everything up as well (as much as people hate them) and then once one thing goes wrong with it (or they get bored of it) usually they try to destroy it which is sad.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I support what someone on Tumblr suggested. Send muffins to Hasbro to show our support of Derpy and hope they change it back.
Edit:
an animator from the show wrote:In a way, I understand why majority of fans are upset but blaming, pointing fingers and throwing hate around is not the way to do this. You're forgetting your own motto "Love and Tolerance". You bronies are one of inspiration and our greatest achievement. Don't sully your name by spreading Hate and intolerance. Remember, Tolerance is not the same as acceptance. If you are upset with something, display it in a more positive way. You'll get your message across much better than lashing it out with hate. Show some respect. Show some humility.
send muffins to positively express our disappointment.

The entire post
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I support what someone on Tumblr suggested. Send muffins to Hasbro to show our support of Derpy and hope they change it back.
Edit:
an animator from the show wrote:In a way, I understand why majority of fans are upset but blaming, pointing fingers and throwing hate around is not the way to do this. You're forgetting your own motto "Love and Tolerance". You bronies are one of inspiration and our greatest achievement. Don't sully your name by spreading Hate and intolerance. Remember, Tolerance is not the same as acceptance. If you are upset with something, display it in a more positive way. You'll get your message across much better than lashing it out with hate. Show some respect. Show some humility.
send muffins to positively express our disappointment.

The entire post
It's funny how people want the fans to keep praising the animators, writers, editors, etc. even if they ruin a character for many.
also this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK_L5kTI ... r_embedded
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Radio Blue Heart

"Sequential Art" has gotten around to taking a shot a MLP.

http://www.collectedcurios.com/sequentialart.php?s=751
-Virgil
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:"Sequential Art" has gotten around to taking a shot a MLP.

Wow, I literally just read that before coming here. O.o I find it kinda funny actually.
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

If 4chan does Ddos's Hasbro, that will do wonders for killing any love Hasbro has towards bronies and likely result in Derpy vanishing completely.
As if the stream of hate being left on people's blogs and DA pages who work for the show hasn't already done that. This is why I hate subcultures.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

So anyways, I just tired of all this hate and negativity, so I'm leaving the subject to a new one. It looks like we'll be getting two new Fluttershy episodes, not one. Also, a closer look into how weather works in Equestria, yay!
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Penwrite wrote:So anyways, I just tired of all this hate and negativity, so I'm leaving the subject to a new one. It looks like we'll be getting two new Fluttershy episodes, not one. Also, a closer look into how weather works in Equestria, yay!
Then, all we need is a Terry/Scootaloo episode. But I doubt it.
As for Derpy, it's called censorship´. I never liked Derpy all that much, but what makes everyone angry is the **** censorship. If Hasbro reacts badly towards bronies, instead of undoing the edit (the animators said derpý woulçdn't be changed, but then why change her in that episode? It's called hypocrisy), then it just proves Hasbro isn't worth our time nor our money.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

She's just one character. It sucks and it never should've been done, but that doesn't mean they're "not worth our time nor our money."
Radio Blue Heart wrote:"Sequential Art" has gotten around to taking a shot a MLP.

That's not really taking a shot, that's just being silly.

Also, pony defecation has been proven in Baby Cakes. :P
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Sleet wrote:She's just one character. It sucks and it never should've been done, but that doesn't mean they're "not worth our time nor our money."

That's not really taking a shot, that's just being silly.

Also, pony defecation has been proven in Baby Cakes. :P
Sleet speaks great wisdom.

They will only not be worth our time or money if they do this three times!

Shut up, repressed anger. Anyway, I wonder if this means that the Sequential Art guy is a brony. It's inconclusive for now.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I'm actually perfectly fine with the new voice. I would've been okay with it -being- her voice if they'd done it that way in the original take. The only thing that gets me is that it was -changed- to that for the sake of appeasing a vocal minority.

Some hope though: only the iTunes version was altered. The official DVD was not.

As such, it's been pointed out by several people that it's quite possible (and rather likely) that Apple are the ones responsible for the (rather poor) editing, not Hasbro themselves. So cheer up, everypony! :3

---------------------------

On another note, that link you posted, angelusbr. Manly tears were shed. So many manly tears. That girl is one of the many reasons I find Derpy so frakkin' amazing. ^3^

As for the Sequential Art comic, I'm pretty sure it falls under the category of, "Drawing art of a particular topic doesn't make one a fan of said topic." It seems like more of a recognition of the existence of FiM, rather than a hint towards his being a brony.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Extended opening with Singalong The puns are a bit corny but other then that I really like it.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That sounds a lot like Winter Wrap-Up.