no i can finally get myself a figure to hide forever from my family

wait...
Ooh, really?
angelusbr

Re: My Little Pony

Post by angelusbr »

I really liked this pic
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/ ... 4mpfy0.jpg
the downside is that RD looked like a colt, I guess.
edit: also Applejack as thor
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/ ... 4nc28a.jpg
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

angelusbr wrote:I really liked this pic
I really, really like that first pic. Very anime-like, with some great coloring and shading. Also, AJ is best Thor.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

Penwrite wrote:
angelusbr wrote:I really liked this pic
I really, really like that first pic. Very anime-like, with some great coloring and shading. Also, AJ is best Thor.
now we need the mane6 as the other Avengers
RD as Iron Man
Fluttershy as The Hulk
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

mariomarc wrote:McDonalds are getting more ponies in march
no i can finally get myself a figure to hide forever from my family

wait...
Yeeees! Now I can add to my collection! (Unless they really suck.)
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
IJustWantLove

Post by IJustWantLove »

Ponies come out a McDonalds. Bronies celebrate. They go to buy them.....oh god...no...its...its...Generation 3...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
"She was a child, and I was a child,
In this Kingdom by the sea.
But we loved with a love, that was more than love.
I and my Annabelle Lee"
"Anabelle Lee" By Edgar Allan Poe
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Mcdonalds sees unexplained spike in Happy Meal sales
Bronies see spike in triple bypass surgeries
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I just want to see Spike in my happy meal.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

This pic, according with the description the author of it gave, is about a story that Discord used his power to mind control Spike and oversize him and burn down Ponnyville. When i asked him where was the fanfic, he (I think the author is a guy, but I might be wrong) said that he wasn't good at writting fanfics, he said he would rather draw comics or posters. Then I asked if he intended to make a comic out of this idea and i also got a negative response. It saddens me see a good idea be discarded...
This is the pic
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/ ... 4neqa3.png
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm not going to lie, that story sounds kinda dumb.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

angelusbr wrote:This pic, according with the description the author of it gave, is about a story that Discord used his power to mind control Spike and oversize him and burn down Ponnyville. When i asked him where was the fanfic, he (I think the author is a guy, but I might be wrong) said that he wasn't good at writting fanfics, he said he would rather draw comics or posters. Then I asked if he intended to make a comic out of this idea and i also got a negative response. It saddens me see a good idea be discarded...
This is the pic
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/ ... 4neqa3.png
He's right, he's not good at writing fanfics. To put it kindly.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

angelusbr wrote: Use age as an excuse is ridiculous.
Thank you, oh youthful person for telling me what is ridiculous while completely disregarding the rest of my statement /salute
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

I just read "My Little Dashie" and I the whole time, this song played in my head.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I've heard a lot of people who thought My Little Dashie was incredibly brilliant, but honestly I wasn't all that impressed. It had a nice ending, very bittersweet. Yet, I just don't think there was enough previous content to merit the sort of "Wow. Just look at how much we've been through." feeling that the author seemed to be going for.

It would've been a much better story if they'd gone into great detail about 3-6 months of time spent with Dash, rather than little to no detail about 15 years. It just didn't feel like they'd developed an authentic relationship at all, so none of the emotion at the end really felt authentic either.

Don't get me wrong, it was an okay story. I just think it could've been executed waaaay better.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Foxstar wrote:
angelusbr wrote: Use age as an excuse is ridiculous.
Thank you, oh youthful person for telling me what is ridiculous while completely disregarding the rest of my statement /salute
As for the story, of the picture I posted it, I liked it. I always liked that kind of story. XD
Now as for your comment, I didn't disregard the rest of it. All I did was to explain why the "age" mention was ridiculous. Did you even read my whole post?
Besides, if you're so old and so mature, why are you in a housepets forum?
I'm not saying Housepts is childish, but, hey. This is a PG-13 comic.
I just think that a good story can be enjoyed by either 5 year old or 80 year olds as long as the story is good.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Play nice, children. Both of you.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Perhaps 'maturity' would be a better word than 'age', then, if one wanted to be pedantic. The two don't always go together, after all. Foxstar is certainly leagues ahead in maturity than most people in the fandom, and it's always very off-putting to be in a situation like that. Even in Housepets, maturity has little to do with enjoyment of the comic, but I'd certainly suggest there are big maturity gaps between the various people we get here.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Ebly wrote:Perhaps 'maturity' would be a better word than 'age', then, if one wanted to be pedantic. The two don't always go together, after all. Foxstar is certainly leagues ahead in maturity than most people in the fandom, and it's always very off-putting to be in a situation like that. Even in Housepets, maturity has little to do with enjoyment of the comic, but I'd certainly suggest there are big maturity gaps between the various people we get here.
Really? I don't consider an explanation like "I'm too mature for this" to be a valid one. If someone doesn't like something just say "I don't like it because I just don't". It's a much better explanation actually. People have different tastes for everything. We all just have different preferences.
I'm not saying to Foxstar to like somehting he doesn't. Far from that. All I ask is to not use petty excuses. The use of the word "maturity" to dislike something is the most adult-wannabe excuse I've ever heard and only insecure people use it to asure themselves they're serious, mature and above everyone else (you can ban me if you want. I regret nothing in my words).
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Just wanna say that I agree with angelusbr, honestly. The explanation that makes the most sense with the least amount of added factors is generally the best (Occam's Razor), after all.

And I definitely agree 300% that the 'I'm too mature for this.' would be even more pretentious-sounding than 'I'm too old for this.'

It's like someone who tells others how easy something was "because I'm so smart". No self-respecting person of reasonable intelligence would go around telling people how intelligent they are. So in most cases where someone tells you, "Yeah, I'm smart.", they're probably not really that smart. Likewise, when I hear someone who says, "Yeah, I'm too mature for that. I outgrew it years ago." my first instinct is to just laugh because they're likely not nearly as mature as they think they are.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

I think you're both missing the point like a golfer missing a slam dunk
Foxstar wrote:much of the fandom I find myself firmly disliking
The fandom. The fandom. People. Human beings. Not the show itself, the show has nothing to do with that, when it really comes down to it. A person's 'enjoyment' of a fandom has absolutely everything to do with social interaction. Are you saying, when you're interacting with people, your conception of how mature you believe them to be doesn't factor into how much you like them? You mean differences of age are not going to be a part of what you take into account? The fandom is a perfectly sensible thing to dislike if you simply don't mesh with them. Nobody said "I'm too mature". Nobody said anything even like it. Foxstar dislikes a group of people and you're making a really big deal, and even apparently getting angry, about age being an 'excuse' when instead it should be obvious that it would factor into a person's relationship with said group!

and what the heck does occams razor even have anything to do with disliking people, that makes no sense whatsoever
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Ebly wrote:Are you saying, when you're interacting with people, your conception of how mature you believe them to be doesn't factor into how much you like them? You mean differences of age are not going to be a part of what you take into account? The fandom is a perfectly sensible thing to dislike if you simply don't mesh with them.

Subconsciously? Probably. But I don't feel like it's something that really needs to be said unless someone specifically asks me, "Hey, why don't you like this part of the fandom?"
Ebly wrote:Nobody said "I'm too mature". Nobody said anything even like it. Foxstar dislikes a group of people and you're making a really big deal, and even apparently getting angry, about age being an 'excuse' when instead it should be obvious that it would factor into a person's relationship with said group!

Um... you did. Foxstar's initial post could be simplified to, "Maybe it's the cult mind-set, or maybe I'm too old." So when you said, "Maybe 'mature' would be a better word." Foxstar's post would become (by your suggestion), "Maybe it's the cult mind-set, or maybe I'm too mature."

Also, who's "making a really big deal"? The tone of your post seems, at best, snippy and, at worst, manic. You're the one who seems to be more upset than anyone else here (which seems strange considering you're not even defending your own words).
Ebly wrote:and what the heck does occams razor even have anything to do with disliking people, that makes no sense whatsoever

Occam's Razor has to do with determining which explanation for any given phenomena is the best, stating that it would generally be the simplest of those explanations that would actually work. It can be applied to a pretty large spectrum of situations, and this is one of them. It's not just used for science, you know... >.>

If you still don't understand how it applies, I'll make an example: "Foxstar dislikes much of the fandom." Well, why is that? We've got a few possibilities. 1) He's too old to connect with them. 2) He's too mature to connect with them. 3) He just doesn't like them.

Simplest explanation with the fewest additions necessary? Number 3. He just doesn't like them.

Occam's Razor at work.

It's summarized in like the first paragraph of the Wikipedia article, dude. Please don't tell me that I'm not making sense if you can't even be bothered to do a 4 second google search first. Thanks.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I find this a good time to mention that I really don't like Occam's Razor. :| Can we please just talk about ponies, people? This seems like a silly thing to be arguing about, and I'm sure the act of arguing about this isn't making Foxstar like the fandom any more than he did before.

http://rowcla.deviantart.com/art/Pipsqu ... -281550921

That makes me want to start playing Magic: the Gathering again.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Double strike isn't blue orblack. How awful. :P
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

KJOokami wrote:f you still don't understand how it applies, I'll make an example: "Foxstar dislikes much of the fandom." Well, why is that? We've got a few possibilities. 1) He's too old to connect with them. 2) He's too mature to connect with them. 3) He just doesn't like them.

Simplest explanation with the fewest additions necessary? Number 3. He just doesn't like them.
technically, that's like saying the simplest diagnosis for why a person is sick is that they're just sick. the phenomenon cannot be an explanation for the phenomenon. not a very good one.
it's better to say that we can't explain it right now, like being unable to diagnose a disease.

and Pen is right. move it along, stay on topic and all that.

EDIT: now we have the reason Derpy sounded like a colt. Tabitha St. Germain thought she was.
EDIT AGAIN: Image
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I love Dr. Adorable.

Also, if Equestria Daily existed centuries ago:
Attachments
Beethoven.png
Beethoven.png (127.38 KiB) Viewed 10456 times
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

There are things that do need explanation, like when I docotr is telling the patient what he or she has and how to treat it.
But there are things that have no explanation.
Why do i like blue over all other colors?
Why do like the sound of choir music over country music?
Why do I like cold food over hot one?
Because I just do like these things.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
KJOokami wrote:f you still don't understand how it applies, I'll make an example: "Foxstar dislikes much of the fandom." Well, why is that? We've got a few possibilities. 1) He's too old to connect with them. 2) He's too mature to connect with them. 3) He just doesn't like them.

technically, that's like saying the simplest diagnosis for why a person is sick is that they're just sick. the phenomenon cannot be an explanation for the phenomenon. not a very good one.
it's better to say that we can't explain it right now, like being unable to diagnose a disease.

and Pen is right. move it along, stay on topic and all that.

EDIT: now we have the reason Derpy sounded like a colt. Tabitha St. Germain thought she was.
EDIT AGAIN: Image

That is absolutely adorable. Also, I liked Derpy's boyish voice. Sets the character apart nicely. It makes me sick that some bronies are actually sending Germain hate mail for it.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

angelusbr wrote:There are things that do need explanation, like when I doctor is telling the patient what he or she has and how to treat it.
But there are things that have no explanation.
Why do i like blue over all other colors?
Why do like the sound of choir music over country music?
Why do I like cold food over hot one?
Because I just do like these things.
I'm confused. What does this post mean?
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

It was referring back to Brent's response to me.

I'd rather not continue that conversation (I was just flat-out wrong; who'da thunk it?), so I'll not make any further comment than that.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I thought some of you pony-loving weirdos might find this interesting.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Dissension wrote:I thought some of you pony-loving weirdos might find this interesting.
Why would you post something from that site?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

why not? people post things from that site all the time.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Really? Weird, this was the first pic to register to me as being from FA. No idea what about this one sets it apart from the others.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

Penwrite wrote:
Dissension wrote:I thought some of you pony-loving weirdos might find this interesting.
Why would you post something from that site?
just because that site has a large amount of preferably unmentionable pics, doesn't mean they all are
exranio

Post by exranio »

Plus an adult rating pictures requires an account anyway.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The person who is responsible for this entire community existing has an account there. It's not like anything in that one link will be inappropriate.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Sleet wrote:The person who is responsible for this entire community existing has an account there. It's not like anything in that one link will be inappropriate.
you mean the CEO of hasbro

he's a furry

really
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Sleet was referring to the other community we're all part of, the one in which we are speaking right now.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Sleet was referring to the other community we're all part of, the one in which we are speaking right now.
oh right

my little pony thread tends to make me think about my little pony, even when other things would make more sense