Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

NHWestoN

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by NHWestoN »

Spent the day at Lockport NY and the Iroquois Wildlife Refuge. Good times.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

See any interesting wildlife?
Disproportionately Dappled
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: Me and my mother had to get a COVID test because her doctor thinks her symptoms are a result of COVID even though she is taking antibiotics for her Lyme Disease which is why she was sick. Plus my second COVID shot was tomorrow.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Joy: My spring semester is over and finals went very well. Earlier this month I landed a summer IT job, which I'm looking forward to starting next week.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

DDeer wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:39 pm See any interesting wildlife?
Lots of birds, otters, and a pack of does. Always a good day when I see a deer. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Now that I'm fully vaccinated ORS can work more on helping me get a job!

Sorrow: My ORS counselor got a promotion so she won't be working with me
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:19 pm
DDeer wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:39 pm See any interesting wildlife?
Lots of birds, otters, and a pack of does. Always a good day when I see a deer. ;)
Never seen an Otter.

Why thank you ;)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

When I was a kid, the forest behind our house had a trail which led past a small pond with a stream deep in the woods. One spring, a family of others appeared there. They were delightful creatures, swimming, creating slides for their kids, and investigating everything. The kits would let you get very close to them before they zipped off. They seemed to get along well with the heavens whose efforts had helped create the pond.

Then, about the third or fourth year, they were just ... gone. They disappeared and never came back. I had a sneaking suspicion the owner, who started stocking the pond with trout, wanted them removed. The stream and pond are still there, fifty years later, but the others never returned and the beavers have vanished as well.

Sigh..........
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:36 am When I was a kid, the forest behind our house had a trail which led past a small pond with a stream deep in the woods. One spring, a family of others appeared there. They were delightful creatures, swimming, creating slides for their kids, and investigating everything. The kits would let you get very close to them before they zipped off. They seemed to get along well with the heavens whose efforts had helped create the pond.

Then, about the third or fourth year, they were just ... gone. They disappeared and never came back. I had a sneaking suspicion the owner, who started stocking the pond with trout, wanted them removed. The stream and pond are still there, fifty years later, but the others never returned and the beavers have vanished as well.

Sigh..........
That's a real shame, fairly unusual for them to be so tame I would guess, I used to live very close to a canal and would occasionally see the odd Kingfisher, Heron and watervole if I was out early enough. We currently have a blackbirds and some robins nesting in our small garden. I'm pretty sure the Blackbirds are the same couple from last year, they seem to not mind me being about once they realised I wasn't a threat, they seem quite intelligent birds to me, always observing.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: We finally dug up and got rid of our former coy pond.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:23 pm Sorrow: We finally dug up and got rid of our former coy pond.
Sorry to hear that, amazz. I know you had great hopes for enjoying the pond and its residents. :(
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Thanks but it is not like we would have been able to maintain it anyway since it was leaking and falling apart.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Please continue to keep my mom in your thoughts and prayers. A few days ago, she got a stent in her bile duct replaced, and another inserted in her gall bladder due to inflammation closing it. Procedure was a success, but it was apparently in the beginning stages of infection. She was given antibiotics for it, but the prescription ran out two days ago, which the doctors said would be fine until Tuesday, when her next appointment will be.

The past three days, she’s had bad chills that we’ve had to do a lot to bring her up from, and it’s been scaring me. We’ve got the method down, but the frequency is starting to get to me. At the very least, once it passes, she’s back to normal, but I doubt this is supposed to happen this often. I’m trying to keep it together, but once again it’s proving difficult.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

D-Rock wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:45 pm Please continue to keep my mom in your thoughts and prayers. A few days ago, she got a stent in her bile duct replaced, and another inserted in her gall bladder due to inflammation closing it. Procedure was a success, but it was apparently in the beginning stages of infection. She was given antibiotics for it, but the prescription ran out two days ago, which the doctors said would be fine until Tuesday, when her next appointment will be.

The past three days, she’s had bad chills that we’ve had to do a lot to bring her up from, and it’s been scaring me. We’ve got the method down, but the frequency is starting to get to me. At the very least, once it passes, she’s back to normal, but I doubt this is supposed to happen this often. I’m trying to keep it together, but once again it’s proving difficult.
We're all in this mess together, Rocky. That may sound like a dumb inspirational poster, but it's true. We'll pray for her and you, dude. 👍
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

D-Rock wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:45 pm Please continue to keep my mom in your thoughts and prayers. A few days ago, she got a stent in her bile duct replaced, and another inserted in her gall bladder due to inflammation closing it. Procedure was a success, but it was apparently in the beginning stages of infection. She was given antibiotics for it, but the prescription ran out two days ago, which the doctors said would be fine until Tuesday, when her next appointment will be.

Of course, D-Rock. We're all saddened by your mother's ordeals. Please keep us informed and all our prayers and hopes, chum.
Harry Johnathan

Content Warning: discussion of suicidal ideation

I want to die.

Lots of edgy teens say this to make themsleves look cool or to moan about their first world problems but I actually mean it here.

My mental health issues have skyrocketed. I now can't draw or even post on this Discord server without my mind telling me that me that "You'll be giving your soul to the devil!" or that I'm doing the work of satan.

Then, my parents made it worse. I tried to tell them about my problems, and they just said to "not listen to the voices" and to "draw all I like" and to "just order something on Amazon and you'll be happy?" Like, bruh what? I understandably lashed out at their moronics and they then accused me of lying about my mental illness and threatened to send me to a shrink.

Then, I prayed to God to kill me or at least end my OCD problems. He hasn't yet, so I'm mad at him. Why isn't He listening to me? Why is He silent?

I want to die.
Last edited by Dissension on Sun May 16, 2021 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added content warning and spoiler tags
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I think I pulled a muscle in my back while lifting rocks outside yesterday and bringing bags of dirt in from the car today.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:42 pm I want to die.

Lots of edgy teens say this to make themsleves look cool or to moan about their first world problems but I actually mean it here.

My mental health issues have skyrocketed. I now can't draw or even post on this Discord server without my mind telling me that me that "You'll be giving your soul to the devil!" or that I'm doing the work of satan.

Then, my parents made it worse. I tried to tell them about my problems, and they just said to "not listen to the voices" and to "draw all I like" and to "just order something on Amazon and you'll be happy?" Like, bruh what? I understandably lashed out at their moronics and they then accused me of lying about my mental illness and threatened to send me to a shrink.

Then, I prayed to God to kill me or at least end my OCD problems. He hasn't yet, so I'm mad at him. Why isn't He listening to me? Why is He silent?

I want to die.
Maybe He's talking to you in a way through your parents. You could definitely benefit from seeing a counsellor and psychotherapist/psychologist/psychiatrist. There's nothing wrong with talking to one. I've done it myself. And if you don't want to do that there are other people that can help. People like Lifeline and Beyond Blue. Whatever happens, don't hurt yourself. There are people that love you even if it doesn't feel like it and there are people ready and waiting to help you.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

It turns out that this time was only a scare when she was incredibly cold. It should be noted, she has a much lower tolerance to cold than the rest of the family. It doesn’t change the fact that I’m always on edge over this with her, something that the rest of the family has been telling me that I need to break free of. I’m already literally worrying myself sick over what’s going on with her.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:08 pm

Of course, D-Rock. We're all saddened by your mother's ordeals. Please keep us informed and all our prayers and hopes, chum.
Will do, D-Rock, only natural that you would be concerned, Thinking of you and your family, hoping she is feeling better.

Rydr, hang in there, OCD can be a struggle at times but hoping this episode will pass and you will get back to feeling better/better able to manage it, don't put too much pressure on yourself, take a break from drawing or other things if you need. Hope you feel better soon. Are you able to get out much where you are? I know it sounds daft but I find walking helps put things in perspective sometimes and get an overactive mind back on track.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:42 pm My mental health issues have skyrocketed. I now can't draw or even post on this Discord server without my mind telling me that me that "You'll be giving your soul to the devil!" or that I'm doing the work of satan.
As a person outside your head, allow me to categorically state that this is untrue. I know you're aware of your schizophrenia, so you already know this, but I want to reaffirm that what your mind is telling you is indeed a lie. The fears that your mind is trying to pass on to you are not based on any reality. I don't know how much my words can help, but I can hopefully encourage you to keep doing what brings you joy, because that joy spreads to others. Keep making your art, because it brings joy. Keep coming around here (and Discord) posting because friends are a blessing to you and you are a blessing to us.

I know you've seen someone about your mental health before, and I do also encourage you to keep seeking help. You're not meant to fight your mind alone.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:42 pm My mental health issues have skyrocketed. I now can't draw or even post on this Discord server without my mind telling me that me that "You'll be giving your soul to the devil!" or that I'm doing the work of satan.
I understand how you feel Rydyr, I also sometimes have thoughts like that. Please know that there are hotlines you can call to talk to people about your problems, and there should also be people at your school you can talk to.
Harry Johnathan

Thank you all for listening to me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I no longer have a backache any more after a good night's sleep!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:31 am Thank you all for listening to me.
Gladly. Are you better?
Harry Johnathan

Somewhat.
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

I keep thinking about those drilling machines from Night Trap and the people from Diff'rent Strokes, now my mind wants to model those things and I don't want to, whenever I start to model I keep thinking about modelling those machines and I don't want to do that...
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

everytime I look at Bluey, pikwik pack, 101 Dalmatian Street or Paw Patrol I imagine those Night Trap actors and Diff'rent Strokes actors.
I guess those searches are part of me now, can't let them go
stuck in me forever
yes, I was searching a sitcom show just because there was a detail that I was unsure on what letter
I search the sitcom on google images just to see the title
can't enjoy Bluey or TV without thinking a single second about those dreadful searches
wherever I go or doing something.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:38 pm Somewhat.
well, that seems progress.
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

everybody will hate me
it's all because that horror game Night Trap that goes into Diff'rent Strokes then into Maude
and when I see a cartoon character or a dog I see those people in my mind
I keep imagine myself that I click on their photos on Google Images even though I'm not even on Google Images
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

I can't live like this anymore, I always keep thinking about searching again those shows because everytime I type on the keyboard or click on a mouse I feel like I click an image from those searches from Google Images and can't enjoy nothing not even TV or cartoons
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sorrow/Anger: A coworker who was with the store for 19 years was caught stealing money from the store.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Harry Johnathan

OdedZeituni98 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:12 pm I can't live like this anymore, I always keep thinking about searching again those shows because everytime I type on the keyboard or click on a mouse I feel like I click an image from those searches from Google Images and can't enjoy nothing not even TV or cartoons
Big oof there, buddy.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

OdedZeituni98 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:44 pm everybody will hate me
I've never understood this sentiment. Anyone who hates you for having a mental disorder is socially maladjusted. Plain and simple as that. Most people may not know how to respond to your problems, but if they actually hate you for it, they're likely very bad at being a person in many really important ways. Don't let your mind convince you that everyone hates you or even that everyone should. It's just your mind lying to you. You can safely and confidently tell your mind that that thought is untrue and go about your life certain in that one fact
We want to see you living a life without this weight on your shoulders cause you deserve better and we want to see you happy. Please don't forget that
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: My sister is coming up from North Carolina up here on June 17th!

Sorrow: She won't be visiting us but her friend who lives up here so it doubtful we will see her that much.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

OdedZeituni98 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:12 pm I can't live like this anymore, I always keep thinking about searching again those shows because everytime I type on the keyboard or click on a mouse I feel like I click an image from those searches from Google Images and can't enjoy nothing not even TV or cartoons
How's your animation work coming, Oded?
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

NHWestoN wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:05 pm
doing good, makes me happy
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

OdedZeituni98 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:08 pm
NHWestoN wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:05 pm
doing good, makes me happy
Excellent!! - try focusing on exactly what makes you happy. You deserve that, you know. :)
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

I love making 3D art
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

what do you think of Night Trap, is it really scary game?
what makes it scarier for me is because they use a real life video
especially on the scenes with the drilling machines
I keep thinking if the actors were really hurt