The quaint little village of VerdeGrove awaits you!
Please read all of this first post and understand the rules before applying. When making your character sheet please choose a color for your characters Dialogue and thoughts. Provide the code at the end of your sheet and make sure it isn't already being used.
Stepping into VerdeGrove is like taking a step into a simpler time - though that doesn’t mean they are behind on in ages! They have electricity, water, plumbing, etcetera just like every other small town. Just here, everyone knows everyone else in this rustic little community in North-Eastern America.
The actual village is small, as one would expect. VerdeGrove is surrounded by dense forests and located away from all large cities. The terrain is slightly mountainous and rich with vegetation and water-sources. Its main income comes from the local farms and ranches, though plenty of little “mom-n-pop” shops can be found within. As far as houses are concerned, there is a wide variety ranging from large old farm houses all the way down to shanty little shacks.
Map of the Surrounding Area
You pick on it and you get kicked from the RP! xD
Current residents of VerdeGrove:
Every character has their own color when they talk in order to make it easier to tell them apart. All main characters will be listed here (human or animal), along with a link back to their main profile.
”Lucid” O’Malley - [Profile]
Played by: LucidDarkness
Varialis Da Grinci - [Profile]
Played by: Hypergenesis
Flint - [Profile]
Played by: FlintTheSquirrel
Danté Alabaster - [Profile]
Played by: Tobee
Cyrano - [Profile]
Played by: Zander
Alex and Abbie - [Profile]
Played by: Nekoyasha
Brill Hourder - [Profile]
Played by: 44RONM10
Asher "Ash" Adams - [Profile]
Played by: The Game
Mina Reed - [Profile]
Played by: ctcmjh
------> AS OF NOW, WE ARE SUPER FULL!
These are all important, so know them well and memorize them if you are going to be apart of this neighborhood. They are here for a reason.
- There are 10 character slots. This only pertains to MAIN characters. Non-player characters are fine. That typically includes humans and other people around the village. I’d like to keep this place rather small... If you have a problem with that, there are plenty of over-crowded neighborhoods still accepting.
- You may have 2 characters. Though, to be honest, it has to be really good and you have to prove that you can keep them both up and give them both the same amount of character development. I wont stand for two shallow characters.
- Give others a chance to respond. Don't go on ahead and leave other characters behind, give them a chance to respond. After three days you may take MINOR control of the character or simply work around them. Also, do not ignore people…
- Posting Speed: I’d like it to be reasonable. Try to posting once a day or so sounds pretty acceptable to me. I understand that there may be some off days, but try not to go over three – as per the above rule. In addition, 50 posts a day is kind of ridiculous…
- Listen to others. If someone has a problem with something you do, be reasonable. Considering how small the town is, people will probably know each other. Go along with “stories from the past” they tell. I’d like this to be a democracy, but I’m not against being a dictator if I must.
- Get on IRC. I’d like for this to happen. There really isn’t reason why you can't get mIRC and keep in touch with all the members. It's a great way to talk and keep in touch instead of constantly filling up the OOC with questions. Not to mention, it’s a great way of bonding with your fellow members and discussing events that are yet to come. Thanks to Nekoyasha, we now have an account, too! Please go to #VerdeGrove and start the fun. :3
- Keep up in the OOC thread. It’s important to me. Get over it.
1. If someone wants to join the neighborhood, they need to post a sheet in the Main OOC and then come in here and post it. Just because you post it in both places does not mean it’s accepted.
2. You need to post a link to your character sheet in your post along with a color you'd like (Provide the code and make sure it already isn't in use.)
3. Your sheet and color will then be evaluated and rejected or accepted. If I reject it I will tell you what to do to get accepted.
4. I will not hesitate to reject you, so make your characters good. Put some actual thought into them. Don’t make them one-sided, but at the same time I really don’t want super complexity. I want characters to be believable.
5. After we reach our 10 profiles, I will NOT accept any more. I’ll be happy to put you on a waiting list for if anyone drops out, though.
6. I will accept reservations for while you work on your profile if we aren’t full yet. However if I deny your character (not just request a little bit of tweaking), you will lose your slot and start at the back of the line. It’s not my fault you didn’t try.
- Pets are treated like sub-humans… They are treated decently enough, but are not really respected. Pets can be paid for jobs (though at reduced wages), and are often allowed to eat “people food”… This may vary based on pet-owner.
-All pets have rights. Whether or not their fully respected or not depends on the open-mindedness of the human. However, there really aren’t any set laws for pets, other than preventing animal abuse. Animals accused of crimes are typically at the mercy of the local judge, who happens to be pretty open-minded and fair when it comes to Pet vs. Person.
- Considering VerdeGrove is such a small community, there are no leash or collar laws. However, animals without a collar tend to be viewed as feral.
- Ferals are treated as pets without an owner, though most people of the village tend to be rather leery and distrusting of them.
- Owners don’t have a certain way they are required to act. Personality and values vary from person to person, and thus shall it be here.
- VerdeGrove is a small place, so most everyone knows everyone else. Though, despite its size and shelteredness from the world, it isn’t a hick town. Just peaceful.
- If you have an questions, then ask them. I’ll be happy to explain further. Or if need be, make it up on the fly! Ha ha!
Extra Notes and Concerns:
[quote]Housing: The houses vary in size and location. They can be in the main part of the village, or back a bit in the woods. It really doesn’t matter to me. Just be reasonable… VerdeGrove villagers tend to look down on things out of the ordinary.[/quote]
[quote]Stores: If you plan on having your pet's owner (or the pet) own a store, please make a simple layout of the building and have a list of products. Listing general pricing would be helpful too, but not necessary. Put the layout and list of products in a post in the OOC and I will make an index for Stores. This way if people go to your store they know what you have and what the store looks like which makes it a lot easier to RP. REMEMBER! This is a small town. Don’t expect to find a Best-Buy, or even a WalMart. Everything is local![/quote]
[quote]Laying-Out Your House: This will be very useful when other character's visit your house. Just make a blueprint of your house to give everyone a general idea of what to see. This really isn’t necessary, but it definitely will earn you some brownie points.[/quote]
[quote]Concerning the Canon: So if you didn't understand the Canon, simply put, the owners treat their pets like humans with a bit less respect. Think of it like the Civil Rights Movement, but not as offensive. Humans in general vary on how they treat their pets. If you still don’t understand, ask. I’ll be more than happy to provide an answer.[/quote]
[quote]Help with the Index: I won’t be indexing arcs or anything like that, but I will have a very brief recap of what everyone is doing in the role-play. If someone would like to add to the index, let me know and I’ll be happy to update these main pages.[/quote]
[quote]Your Character(s): Please note in your sheet whether or not they are moving in or already live in the neighborhood. I WOULD PREFER THEY ALREADY LIVE IN THE TOWN! If they're moving, state where they’re from - whether they're coming from a PF neighborhood or not. If your character already lives in VerdeGrove, you may want to talk to other people who have characters who already live their as well. Discuss whether or not they'd know each other. They don’t have to be friends or whatever, but they would at least know the other somewhat or know something about them.
I really don’t want a lot of obscure animals living around the village. Remember! Normalcy is key! Let’s try to limit it to actual pets or such. I MIGHT let you slide on this, depending on your profile.[/quote]
[quote]Pet Activities: I honestly don’t care what you do as a pet (WITHIN REASON)! It’s a small town so you have to do something to occupy your time. Just remember there isn’t an abundance of technology around. Cell phones even aren’t all that common, and videogame systems typically mean you’re pretty financially well off! Try to go outside. There’s lots of woods to explore.[/quote]
[quote]Living and Stores: Just because you own a store doesn't mean you have to live in the second floor. You can own a store and live in a different house. Though, if you’d like to live in your shop, by all means I wont stop you.[/quote]
That's all I can think of for now. I will keep you all updated if I add anything else! If you have anything you think should be added, or that I didn’t clarify enough, let me know and I’ll see what I can do.
Thank you for reading all of this~! I look forward to role-playing with you~![/quote]