Pet Friendly: Yorkshire Fields

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

The Moon Howler

Re: Pet Friendly: Yorkshire Fields

Post by The Moon Howler »

Coatl_Ruu wrote:
The Moon Howler wrote:"Varg of course!" Rion answered "It usually takes about 10 minutes if he calls like this..." Rion sighed "... and before you ask - yes we did use a stopwatch to measure the time..." He smiled "A bit weird, huh?"
"A... a bit, yeah," Phi said. They seemed to have this routine down to a science. "So, I suppose we'll be leaving when he gets back?"
Rion looked through the window "I suppose... The rain seems to have stopped" He pulled out his cellphone again "6:10 PM..." A smile appeared on his face "...Perfect time for a walk!"
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Hypergenesis wrote:Cesium stood and waited at the rear of the elevator car and he remained quiet until the doors closed. Seeing as they were the only two inside, he popped a pack of his favorite candy, though immediately swallowing the candy when it reached his mouth. "So has living here in Yorkshire been any better for you? Because just judging by your actions since the supermarket, it seems like you're distressed by quite a number of things.", he suddenly asked, finishing just as they reached the second floor.
Tuah looked to his left for a while, not sure whether to answer or not. Eventually, sighing, he scribbled:

[Yeah, I'm still trying to adapt to the life here, but I'm pretty much fine. It's only that a lot that has happened today reminded me of my past life as a stray . . .]

He stopped midsentence and lingered there. He was just about to continue, but a loud 'ting' sound signalled their arrival to the third door, the elevator doors opening slowly to reveal a long corridor. Tuah stopped writing there, and passed the notepad to Cesium for him to read as he walked out. He glanced around the area around the stairway in search for Weiss.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

The ferret was chatting jubilantly beside the entrance to the elevator, out of sight from inside the car but easily noticable once one stepped out. It seemed like he had arrived much earlier as he was already leaning on the wall when Tuah spotted him. He was speaking clearly with not a trace of exhaustion in his tone and only took a glance at Tuah before easily detaching himself off the wall.

As Cesium stepped out of the elevator the ferret also turned and eye to him and gave a piercing glare with that eye. In response the fox just politely returned the notepad to the cat with no questions except for, "Doors, doors. Behind which door does Tuah live in?".

The ferret closed his eyes and said something that wasn't in English before closing his phone and sliding it down his pocket. "Now now, wooden doors may once have been living but it doesn't change the fact that they won't answer you when you ask them like that.", said the ferret as he approached one of the doors. "It's this one right?", he asked Tuah after pointing to a seemly random door he chose.
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

The Moon Howler wrote:Rion looked through the window "I suppose... The rain seems to have stopped" He pulled out his cellphone again "6:10 PM..." A smile appeared on his face "...Perfect time for a walk!"
"Alright, then let's get ready to go," Phi said, slowly getting to his feet.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Hypergenesis wrote:The ferret was chatting jubilantly beside the entrance to the elevator, out of sight from inside the car but easily noticable once one stepped out. It seemed like he had arrived much earlier as he was already leaning on the wall when Tuah spotted him. He was speaking clearly with not a trace of exhaustion in his tone and only took a glance at Tuah before easily detaching himself off the wall.

As Cesium stepped out of the elevator the ferret also turned and eye to him and gave a piercing glare with that eye. In response the fox just politely returned the notepad to the cat with no questions except for, "Doors, doors. Behind which door does Tuah live in?".

The ferret closed his eyes and said something that wasn't in English before closing his phone and sliding it down his pocket. "Now now, wooden doors may once have been living but it doesn't change the fact that they won't answer you when you ask them like that.", said the ferret as he approached one of the doors. "It's this one right?", he asked Tuah after pointing to a seemly random door he chose.
Tuah looked back behind him, and there, leaning against the wall next to the elevator door, was Weiss, chatting away happily to the phone. "What the, that was quick!" he exclaimed inside, watching the ferret straightening his posture away from the wall. He received back the notepad from Cesium and held it in his paws, heading towards the door to his home, while listening to the two chatting about talking wooden doors. However, the cat was again caught by surprise when the ferret pointed to a door almost as if he was guessing, as he was pointing to his house. "Hehe, I just can't get a break with these two!" Tuah thought, a lopsided grin spreading across his face. He wrote, still with the grin:

[Congratulations, sir! You've picked the right door and won the grand prize!]

The cat then tip-toed happily to the front of the door with stainless steel numbers 310 planted on it, and knocked three times. A small groan came up from behind the door followed a young man's voice saying "Coming..." with a drawl. Sound of locks being released soon came, and the door opened ajar, revealing a man with black hair, sharp facial features and brown eyes. He was wearing a green long-sleeved tee with the words 'Langkawi' in front and loose cotton slacks, hiding a lean physique under them.

He scratched his head, mumbling about something, with eyes still half-closed. When he saw the cat smiling up to him, however, and he opened them wide, smiling back too. He suddenly picked Tuah up and rubbed his nose with his own, saying in Malay, "Tuah, awak sampai juga akhirnya! Ingatkan anak ayah masih 'stuck' lagi kat 'supermarket' tu, dengan hujan lebat macam tadi." The cat purred loudly when the man did this. Only after listening to the contented purr of the cat did the man looked ahead and noticed the two very well-dressed animals standing in front of the door, with bags of groceries in their paws. He smiled even more, and said, "Oh, anak ayah ada bawa kawan balik, ya?"

The man placed Tuah back on his feet, and grinned. "Sorry about that, I tend to do that with my kid here when we're alone. Tuah had never brought any guests before, so I wasn't expecting one. Anyway, welcome to our humble abode!" The man swung his right hand towards the interior of the house, revealing a small but comfortable-looking interior and not much furniture save for some long blue settees, a black coffee table, a TV set and a big brown MDF(medium density fibre) dining table with six tall chairs. The wall itself is pristine white, accentuated by a few family photos hanging on the walls. He then pulled his arm back to the front and extended it to both of them. "My name is Rezki Hilmi, but just call me Rezki. Freelance writer, journalist, and Tuah's father."

Suddenly realizing he was holding them at the entrance, he hurriedly said, "Come in, come in! Don't be shy! The weather's still cold outside, and we don't want you guys catching a cold now, do we? I'll go fetch some towels to dry yourselves up in the meantime." He proceeded inside and through a door midway across the small house. Tuah gestured towards the settees, inviting them to sit there.

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"He-huh, <Malay>Thank you for the welcome.</Malay>", said the ferret with a large grin across his face as he crossed the door, speaking the language as though it was his native tongue.
"<Malay>Pardon the intrusion.</Malay>", continued Cesium happily with a casual bow and a not-so-perfect accent.
Upon noticing Tuah's invitation, the ferret stopped just before the seats. "Sorry, but could we use the washroom first? Our clothes are quite awfully wet.", he asked while at the same time stopping Cesium.
The fox poked on his shirt, as though he was in disbelief in the ferret's words and sure enough his wool shirt was soaked. Cesium sighed and, as though it slipped from his mind, said, "... Good thing I only worn cashmere today.". The ferret seemed to have been hit hard with those words as a sudden realization seemed to have bombed his mind. Quickly gaining back his composure though, the ferret looked back to Tuah, waiting for an answer.
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

Beef, milk, soda, vegetables, chicken and cereal were just a few things Rosie could think of, top of her head that she immediately needed in the house, she continued to compile the list in her head as she grabbed empty grocery cart for from the entrance and proceeded to follow Nisha into the store. Turning back to look at Nisha and felt compelled to ask her. “Do think it was a good idea to leave those two alone? I mean they just met each other and your Alexander has already had his hand on my girls butt!” Rosie laughed out loud at her attempt at crude humor hoping that Nisha would also but a good laugh.

Konnie quickly walked back to Alexander rubbing his forehead with a puzzled look on his face as a police car drove by. “Sorry about that my mom wanted to talk to me, it seems your mom had invited her to go shopping with alongside her, she must be very nice.” Konnie said smiling at the dog and given him a females eye, quickly inspecting him from head to toe. "He sure is in good shape" she thought to herself noticing his finer features. Breaking the gaze laughs slightly and blurted out. “Anyway I imagine we have quite a bit of time to spare and I haven't eaten anything all day So…. Would like you to join me for a meal at the deli?” She asked in a slightly less than confident tone.
simple things
Location: Up the gutter, onto the tree, up to the roof, and onto neverland. <3

Post by simple things »

“Do think it was a good idea to leave those two alone? I mean they just met each other and your Alexander has already had his hand on my girls butt!”
Nisha continued to walk with Rosa as she picked out a grocery cart. When Rosa said this Nisha laughed but was strangely compelled, "yes it is quite strange that Alexander would behave that way." Nisha said picking out a shopping cart herself, "but then again i seriously doubt we will find them with whips over there" Nisha laughed again. "Alexander has always kept to himself, he has been around other female dogs before, but he has never acted this way. It's a mystery i'll never know" Nisha said smiling as she continued with Rosa down the Isle.

your mom had invited her to go shopping with alongside her, she must be very nice.
"Oh yeah that's my mom for you, always making new friends and always, crazy" Alexander shook his head playfully. Crazy mom he muttered under his breath.
I haven't eaten anything all day So…. Would like you to join me for a meal at the deli?
"hmm"? Alexander perked his head up at the thought of food, before Alexander spoke, his stomach let out a loud growl. "I suppose that would be great Konnie" Alexander said wincing at the stomach pang. Alexander pointed in the direction of the deli, "it's just over there, we can get what ever you like Konnie" Alexander said reaching into his wallet and pulling out a platinum MasterCard. The lavender scent still lingered strongly on his fur.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Hypergenesis wrote:"He-huh, <Malay>Thank you for the welcome.</Malay>", said the ferret with a large grin across his face as he crossed the door, speaking the language as though it was his native tongue.
"<Malay>Pardon the intrusion.</Malay>", continued Cesium happily with a casual bow and a not-so-perfect accent.
Upon noticing Tuah's invitation, the ferret stopped just before the seats. "Sorry, but could we use the washroom first? Our clothes are quite awfully wet.", he asked while at the same time stopping Cesium.
The fox poked on his shirt, as though he was in disbelief in the ferret's words and sure enough his wool shirt was soaked. Cesium sighed and, as though it slipped from his mind, said, "... Good thing I only worn cashmere today.". The ferret seemed to have been hit hard with those words as a sudden realization seemed to have bombed his mind. Quickly gaining back his composure though, the ferret looked back to Tuah, waiting for an answer.
"Oh, you two understand and can speak Malay too! That's a surprise, I don't expect to hear my own mother tongue again around these parts!" Rezki exclaimed. He started to like these two finely-dressed gentlepets already. "Tuah sure got himself some great friends, pretty good for his first ones," he thought, as he fetched some white towels from a drawer in his closet.

In the meantime, Tuah looked at the ferret, nodded and pointed to a door at the right end corner of the apartment room. He was no longer surprised to hear them speak Malay just now, since he knew that Cesium could understand it from their meeting back in the supermarket. He did, however, notice that both of them were looking rather distraught as they examined their clothes, and heard what Cesium said. Tuah was unsure of what to write at the moment.

Suddenly, Rezki hollered from his room, <Malay>"Tuah, could you fetch these towels and give them to your friends there? I need to prepare dinner, and there's a lot of cooking I need to do for the feast."</Malay> He then emerged from the room, towels in hand. Tuah fetched them and gave one each to Cesium and Weiss, while Rezki started the preparations for the meal at the kitchen area. As he looked at his father then to the pair, an idea suddenly struck the cat, and he immediately rushed into his own room, not before excusing himself for a while and again pointing at the door at the back signalling that they can use the washroom.

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Thank you.", Cesium said as the ferret took the towel from Tuah. As they passed by the kitchen area, Lacooni pulled out the wine from Cesium's bag and read the label. "Sauvignon blanc... Hmm... I'd prefer Cabernet but anyways.", he then brought it to Rezki and offered it to him.

"Just a little something. I hope you don't mind that it's just a common.", he said as he handed it over. Afterwards, the two of them went inside the bathroom, with the ferret suddenly popping out immediately and leaving Cesium's bag of candy outside. Then, just moments after the sound of the door locking, the distinct sound of opening a plastic package could be heard from inside.
"Ah! I was wearing a vicuña...."
"Erk.. Slash five hundred dollars off it then."
"Not really, I checked your staff earlier today and she's there."
"Oh? Hey! How'd you get that list?"
"Glacier and I had a talk."
"Oh, what did you talk about?"
"Well... .... ... .. ........ .... ...", the ferrets words were soon inaudible though it was obvious they were talking quite a lot inside as it was just quiet.

The sounds suddenly started up again after a while and not long after they exited from the toilet dressed completely the same though now completely dry, fur, clothes and everything. They each held a towel in hand, though it didn't seem like it was used very much as it was still quite dry. They then went near the settees, though not yet sitting down as they were only looking to return the towels.
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

"it's just over there, we can get what ever you like Konnie" Alexander said reaching into his wallet and pulling out a platinum MasterCard. The lavender scent still lingered strongly on his fur.
Konnie began following she had noticed Alexander pulled out his is MasterCard shot him a look of protest. "oh on this one's on me, after all I invited you." she said still walking with Alexander. she tell by the pleasant aroma that wafted in the air that they're getting close. the strong pungent smell of food caused Konnie's stomach to start rumbling viciously in anticipation. taking a slight moment to compose herself she turned and looked at Alexander with a curious gaze. "I've never eaten here before the so I don't know what's good and what isn't, any recommendations?"
simple things

Post by simple things »

Alexander nodded his head putting the card back into his wallet, one thing that Alexander knew is to never anger a girl, no matter how willing you are.
The strong smell of fried foods and sweets filled the air as Konnie and Alexander approached the open door of the deli "hmm no one else is here. Wonder why they are cooking so much". Alexander wondered, his stomach panged yet again.
what's good and what isn't, any recommendations
Alexander smiled, "I have never been here before Konnie, but by the looks of things they have a wide variety of food here" Alexander said, trying to keep himself from drooling. The deli was small, consisting of a few chairs inside and out of the store, and a drink cooler in the corner of the shop. Inside of the store a man stood in the front of the grill behind the counter, he did not seem to notice Alexander and Konnie. Alexander looked at the menu, they had foods varying from tropical Hawaiian, to spicy Cantonese. Alexander smiled he liked stores with wide varieties, "they have allot of different foods here Konnie, they all seem delicious", Alexander said becoming uneasy.

The man had noticed Alexander, and greeted him generously. "Ahh si, si you come for food?" the man said in a thick Italian accent. Alexander smiled then replied "sì signore è quello che vorremmo. Saremo con voi presto" The man laughed and continued cooking the orders he had set out. Alexander noted the music playing from the speakers set up around the store, Sleep away by Bob Acri... this is lovely.
Last edited by simple things on Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

The man had noticed Alexander, and greeted him generously. "Ahh si, si you come for food?" the man said in a thick Italian accent. Alexander smiled then replied "sì signore è quello che vorremmo. Saremo con voi presto" The man laughed and continued cooking the orders he had set out. Alexander noted the music playing from the speakers set up around the store, Sleep away by Bob Acri... this is lovely.
Konnie paused for a moment then turned and looked at Alexander with amused look on her brow. well isn't Alexander full of surprises she thought to herself while she looked through the wide variety of delicious foods. only taking a moment to choose she grabbed a tray and approached the man with the thick Italian accent behind the counter. "everything small so great I think I'll have your Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, corn and green beans. and a large lime Coke." She said desperately trying to keep herself from drooling. peeling her attention away from her impending meal she turned towards Alexander. "hope you don't mind upward so much, it's just that I haven't had a decent meal since he moved, none of us neither my mom or my dad have had much time to make a proper meal. but anyway that's enough of that were even eat?"
simple things

Post by simple things »

Alexander watched Konnie leave his side and grab a tray. He watched as she piled food onto it, "this is awfully kind of her to do that" Alexander muttered. "Uhh..yeah thats..thats perfect konnie" Alexander said to her as she continued to receive the food. Alexander pulled out a chair for Konnie and sat at the plastic table, the song continued to play. Alexander was enjoying the time he was having so far, but he could not put his finger on it. He did not allow his thoughts to cloud his mind as he listened to the peaceful piano music.
Last edited by simple things on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Hypergenesis wrote:"Thank you.", Cesium said as the ferret took the towel from Tuah. As they passed by the kitchen area, Lacooni pulled out the wine from Cesium's bag and read the label. "Sauvignon blanc... Hmm... I'd prefer Cabernet but anyways.", he then brought it to Rezki and offered it to him.
Rezki looked at the ferret, now with a towel slung over his shoulder, and was surprised when he saw him offering the bottle. "What do we have here? You took the trouble to get this gift to us? I'm ... touched," the man was speechless for a while. He gathered his speech quickly though and took the bottle with both hands, examining it. "Hmm, Sauvignon blanc, never had one of these before. This should go well with the fish we're having tonight." Rezki looked back at the ferret, and said, "Thank you. Now, if you excuse me, I have a feast to prepare!" He put the bottle in the fridge to cool, and then resumed butterflying the seabass up on the counter.

Then, Rezki's ears caught the sound of excited chatter inside the washroom. "Are you guys OK in there?" he called, but with no response and the sounds getting more muted, he shrugged it off and proceeded with marinating the fish.

Tuah, in the meantime, was busy rummaging through his chest drawer, looking for something. His eyes brightened up when he finally found them: two scarves, one knitted from blue and black wool, and the other with red and yellow ones. He grinned to himself. "This would be perfect for Cesium and Weiss to wear while waiting for their clothes to dry up," he thought. He carried both of the scarves in his paws and exited his room, just as the guests exited the bathroom.
Hypergenesis wrote: The sounds suddenly started up again after a while and not long after they exited from the toilet dressed completely the same though now completely dry, fur, clothes and everything. They each held a towel in hand, though it didn't seem like it was used very much as it was still quite dry. They then went near the settees, though not yet sitting down as they were only looking to return the towels.
When Tuah saw that both of them looking dry and handsome in the same clothes as they had before this, Tuah was dumbfounded. He then threw one of the scarves back into his room and quickly wore the other one around his neck in a panic. He smiled nervously at the pair, not wanting to look silly. As they handed him the towels, Tuah received them, surprised by the fact that the towels are relatively dry. But he kept a straight face, and gestured them to sit on the settee, him following soon after that.

"So, you boys wanted to drink something while I prepare dinner?" Rezki suddenly called, looking at the two, amazed to see them looking so sharp despite wearing the same clothes as before. He was a bit surprised to see that Tuah was wearing his red and yellow checkered scarf. "Hmm, that's weird. Tuah never liked to wear the scarves indoors, why'd he do that?" the man wondered.

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"You boys..? That reminds me, we haven't introduced ourselves yet have we?", said the fox in realization.
"Nope. Heh heh heh.", came from the ferret as an answer to the rhetorical question. "So then shall we start from the top?", he then said in a slightly more polite manner than usual. "Good evening sir, my name is Weissenklaussenshffer, and my name is Cesium Winters.", they introduced themselves, crossing a straight paw across their chest when they stated their names. "Cesium here is the pet of the Winters house, and Weiss here is a resident alien, who is an inventor by trade.", now crossing their hand so that they present each other. "Pleased to meet you.", they said in unison now offering their hands to Rezki.
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

simple things wrote:Alexander watched Konnie leave his side and grab a tray. He watched as she piled food onto it, "she's going to split that much with me" Alexander muttered, his eyes widening slightly. "Uhh..yeah thats..thats perfect konnie" Alexander said to her as she continued to receive the food. Alexander pulled out a chair for Konnie and sat at the plastic table, the song continued to play. Alexander was enjoying the time he was having so far, but he could not put his finger on it. He did not allow his thoughts to cloud his mind as he listened to the peaceful piano music.

"thank you your such a gentledog.
" she said as sat down and garbed a fork and started digging in, Konnie commanded her fork with almost military precision, every action had a purpose cut, scrape, separate and shovel. It was only a matter of seconds all the meat was gone and she turned on the corn and beans, and take massive drink of the gulp of the soda nearly emptying the cup, stopping to breath she looked across the table Alexander wondering how he was fairing when she noticed he had no plate of food. with a worried expression she asked "Where's your plate?" clearing her throat alittle bit before continuing. "did you not get one? its already paid for. All you have to do select your four items ." she said with a Grin
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Hypergenesis wrote:"You boys..? That reminds me, we haven't introduced ourselves yet have we?", said the fox in realization.
"Nope. Heh heh heh.", came from the ferret as an answer to the rhetorical question. "So then shall we start from the top?", he then said in a slightly more polite manner than usual. "Good evening sir, my name is Weissenklaussenshffer, and my name is Cesium Winters.", they introduced themselves, crossing a straight paw across their chest when they stated their names. "Cesium here is the pet of the Winters house, and Weiss here is a resident alien, who is an inventor by trade.", now crossing their hand so that they present each other. "Pleased to meet you.", they said in unison now offering their hands to Rezki.
Rezki laughed out loud, his hearty bellows filling the room despite his lean body, before clapping his hands loudly. "Bravo, bravo! That's the best introduction I've ever seen in my whole life!" The man wiped away tears of laughter from his eyes, and calmed down. "Forgive my sudden outburst, I just never seen such a gallant introduction, and a fine one it was! Anyway, I'm pleased to make your acquaintance, Mr. Winter, Mr. Weissenklaussenshffer," he continued, extending his clean right hand and shook hands and paws with the two, one after another. He then looked at the ferret, saying, "That's a really interesting name you've got there, Mr. Weissenklaussenshffer the inventor. And you sir," he looked at the fox next, "is one fine specimen of the Arctic Fox."

"So, as I was asking just know, would you want to have anything to drink while I prepare dinner?" Rezki then said, straightening himself up. "Tuah, the usual for you, right?" The cat, who was watching silently all these while with open jaws, closed them up and nodded towards his father, who smiled back while waiting for the response from the two guests.

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Cesium looked to the ferret who simply shrugged as a response before returning his look to Rezki. "I'll have any fresh fruit juice.", answered Cesium while the ferret looked around. "Brewed coffee mixed with dark chocolate, if you have it, otherwise I'll go with any fresh fruit juice as well.", answered Weiss after his short look. The two of them then turned to Tuah and looked at the scarf. "Are you cold?", Cesium asked while the ferret started having a malicious grin on his face once more.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

"Alright then, I've asked Tuah to buy some fruits from the supermarket, so we should have some fresh ones for the juice," Rezki said as he inspected the content of the groceries bag on the table. He pulled out several types of fruits out, namely apples, oranges, bananas and grapes, among others. "Apple juice then!" he said to himself, and connected the liquidizer to the power source. "And one pet-friendly coffee blend with dark chocolate for Mr. Weissenklaussenshffer..." he muttered to himself now, pulling down a bag of the coffee from the shelves and some dark chocolate bars from the overhead pantry and placing them on the counter. "Finally, for my dear son..." he smiled as he barely whispered, taking some hot chocolate mix and a bag of marshmallows from the same pantry. Now he was busy preparing all three at once, his multi-tasking skills and speed a truly amazing sight.
Hypergenesis wrote:The two of them then turned to Tuah and looked at the scarf. "Are you cold?", Cesium asked while the ferret started having a malicious grin on his face once more.
Tuah shifted uncomfortably and nodded slowly, tugging at the coil of scarf surrounding his neck. He didn't want to admit his slip-up just now, especially to Weiss, who was now showing that weird grin again. Desperate to change the topic, the cat took his notepad and wrote hurriedly:

[So, Weiss, you were saying that you're an inventor. What do you invent, actually?]

simple things

Post by simple things »

All you have to do select your four items
Alexander was suddenly cut off from his train of thought, "oh right thanks Konnie" Alexander said as he proceeded to get up from his seat and walked to the trays. Alexander picked a single tray walked to the selection of home made foods. And picked out the steak and gravy, the green peppers mashed potatoes and sweet corn. As Alexander was picking out the food, the Italian man spoke from the grill. "Quindi, lei è la tua ragazza sì?".

Alexander's face flushed deep red as he looked up at the man with a quizzical expression. Alexander blinked a few times before speaking back to the man in Italian, "no, niente del genere a tutti. Abbiamo appena incontrato un po 'di tempo fa, questo è tutto." Alexander said quickly, the man laughed loudly before hearing the telephone ring. "Enjoy your meal" he said before turning around to answer the telephone. Alexander smiled and went back to Konnie at the table.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

kurowolfe wrote:
Hypergenesis wrote:The two of them then turned to Tuah and looked at the scarf. "Are you cold?", Cesium asked while the ferret started having a malicious grin on his face once more.
Tuah shifted uncomfortably and nodded slowly, tugging at the coil of scarf surrounding his neck. He didn't want to admit his slip-up just now, especially to Weiss, who was now showing that weird grin again. Desperate to change the topic, the cat took his notepad and wrote hurriedly:

[So, Weiss, you were saying that you're an inventor. What do you invent, actually?]
"Well...", Klaus started as he pulled Cesium and himself to a seat, "I can't really tell you much about them. Though what I can say is that the things I make are designed to make this world a better place... Is what he'll say if he was just another one of those researchers who are labelled inventors. That's right, I invent solutions and that's basically what my job is. From simple mechanisms to daubelewemdy, basically anything under the sun to the sun.", answered Weiss with assistance from Cesium, "Though I prefer not to talk about work while I'm not working as I get enough of it everyday.", he quickly added before Tuah was able to respond to his previous statements.
"So how about you Tuah? Do you have a daily routine or do you just do things on a whim? Like me.", Cesium asked though the last two words were just the ferret imitating the fox's voice. Afterwards the fox gave the ferret a flick to the ear, to which the ferret didn't even respond to.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Tuah was glad they took the bait, and listened intently at them both as they explained jointly what Weiss does for a living, feeling amazed of the significance of his job. The cat's eye became slightly rounder at the mention of 'daubelewemd', and he was just about to ask when the ferret cut him short. So, he just nodded to signal that he understood.
Hypergenesis wrote: "So how about you Tuah? Do you have a daily routine or do you just do things on a whim? Like me.", Cesium asked though the last two words were just the ferret imitating the fox's voice. Afterwards the fox gave the ferret a flick to the ear, to which the ferret didn't even respond to.
He grinned widely watching their antics, bemused and just a little bit envious to see them being so close, before answering:

[Well, usually I just spend my time at home, reading novels and random books that Dad brought back. Sometimes I go for long walks in the park, or watch TV. So yeah, more or less on a whim than a routine.]

Tuah rubbed the back of his head again, feeling a bit bashful. Before he managed to write any further, Rezki came to the group, bringing a tray with two mugs and a tall glass. He picked up each of the drinks and placed them on the coffee table, in front of their respective customer. "Here you are, one glass of apple juice on the rocks for you, one mug of coffee with dark chocolate bits for you, and one mug of hot cocoa with marshmallows for you. Enjoy!" Rezki smiled, acting and speaking like a waiter, bowing slightly before looking at them again. "Dinner will be ready in about 10 minutes, while I get the fish grilled and the side dishes ready," he continued, moving back to the kitchen area.

Tuah waited for Cesium and Weiss to pick up their drinks before he does, out of courtesy that his dad has taught him.

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Thank you, this is all very appreciated.", they thanked Rezki for the drinks though they didn't do more than look at it.

"Ah, reading. Now there's something we have in common. Although our preferred medium is quite different as I'm more of a digital enthusiast.", Cesium chuckled as he gave a pat to his pocket.
"Same as what he said, though we differ a lot as I don't read much of novels.", said Weiss as he joined in the conversation. "I'm pretty sure all the paper books I own are still sealed to protect their collector's value, disregarding record books that is."
"As for being outgoing, I'm not really one to even call myself normal in those terms as I prefer to stay home and just play on the consoles, though I have been going out a lot since the move to expand my social circle.", continued Cesium, relating to the second part of Tuah's answer.
"Whereas I can't say where I'll be.", said the ferret while smiling closed eyes and crossed arms. "Not that anything has to do with that though."
"So I was wondering, did you two move here because of work or was it because of something else?", Cesium suddenly asked right after the ferret stopped.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Seeing that both of them were not drinking yet, Tuah shifted a bit on the settee to get confortable, still waiting.

He listened to Cesium's and Weiss's personal opinions on books, and he smiled happily. "Oh, they're readers too! Though Weiss is more of a collector, and Cesium's more of a digital one," he thought to himself, as he continued watching them explain about themselves being outgoing. The fox's answer struck him; they both are quite similar, preferring to stay indoors rather than outdoors. "So, how does he get along so well with strangers, like me before this?" he wondered.

When Cesium suddenly asked him about the reason he and Dad moved here, Tuah was a bit hesitant in answering, but only briefly now, as he felt more at ease with the white Arctic fox. He ran his pen across the notepad:

[Well, it was Dad's idea for us to move here. We used to live in an apartment room back in Malaysia. The place was bigger, and was conveniently close to the city which is good for Dad. But, since the apartment complex is not pet-friendly, and the manager is really harsh towards pets in general, I never ventured out of the house for more than a year. Not that I mind it actually, I was still a bit scared of the outdoors due to -]

Tuah suddenly stopped and became still, his mind overtaken by the sad memories of his past life again. He quickly shook his head to push them back, and continued:

[- my past life as a stray cat. But Dad feels that I need to be able to walk free among pets, get to know people and animals alike. So, he looked for a place to move to, and he found Yorkshire Fields to be the perfect choice. And Dad's nature of job allows to him to still continue working regardless of where he lives, so it's OK for him. We packed up, flew here, and well, here we are, for two months right now.]

Tuah rested his paws for a while ("It's been a long time since I've written a lot"), and proceeded to ask:

[So, Cesium, you're a traveler right? How did you manage to find yourself here in your travels?]

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

The two of them simply glanced as the paper and started smiling, the ferret having a more sinister grin as usual, "Heh heh, that's interesting.", he then pulled out his phone and started typing in it.

"Well, I don't really know why dad chose this place, but it was entirely his decision to move in here.", Cesium started while the ferret placed his phone on the table with the screen facing Tuah before standing up and stretching a bit, "I even thought we would only be staying here for a short while as with some of the stops he made during our travels.", Cesium continued without noticing how the ferret took back his phone and sat back down. "But then his dad bought a house in this place and told him this was their new home. ... but yeah, I was just as surprised that he decided to settle down all of a sudden.", Cesium ended while the ferret was continually observing Tuah's reaction.
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

oh right thanks Konnie
"Alexander sure is a strange one." She thought herself as she watched him retrieve his food from the counter and return to the table. wondering how to approach Alexander and the most casual way possible She thought it would be best to wait patiently for Alexander have a couple of bites of food before speaking, she continued eating her food all the while keeping a close eye on Alexander. she waited until Alexander had a few bites and was drinking before she attempted to engage with the general question. "So Alexander, I've noticed you're in pretty good shape do you workout?" she asked with a look of genuine curiosity and took a bite of her food waiting to hear his response.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Hypergenesis wrote:The two of them simply glanced as the paper and started smiling, the ferret having a more sinister grin as usual, "Heh heh, that's interesting.", he then pulled out his phone and started typing in it.

"Well, I don't really know why dad chose this place, but it was entirely his decision to move in here.", Cesium started while the ferret placed his phone on the table with the screen facing Tuah before standing up and stretching a bit, "I even thought we would only be staying here for a short while as with some of the stops he made during our travels.", Cesium continued without noticing how the ferret took back his phone and sat back down. "But then his dad bought a house in this place and told him this was their new home. ... but yeah, I was just as surprised that he decided to settle down all of a sudden.", Cesium ended while the ferret was continually observing Tuah's reaction.
Tuah watched the ferret acting rather secretively as he was typing on his phone, wondering what was he up to, while still listening to Cesium answering his question. He took a glance at the phone screen as Weiss laid it on the table, clearly intended for him. When he saw what was typed there, his head went blank.

Blank. Nothing was in sight in the space that is his thoughts. Then, just as suddenly, the memories of the times in the slums started flooding in filling the void. The pain, the suffering, the loneliness, the hardship ...

The cat couldn't regain his composure this time, and his body went slack, not listening anymore. His heart was beating hard and fast against his chest, and he struggled to pay attention to what they were saying, but failed miserably. Tuah couldn't take it anymore, and with tears running across his cheeks, silently walked away and into his room. laying on his bed, not bothering to close the doors. He buried his face on the fluffy pillow, and started crying profusely, sobbing in silent, cursing himself for not being able to forget what he had wanted to forget...

Rezki was oblivious to all of this, as he was focused on the rice and fish that was almost done.

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Eh?", Cesium wondered if he said something wrong, "Tuah?", he asked as he followed the cat into the room, "Did I say something wrong?"
"Kids...", chuckled the ferret as he took hold of the coffee-chocolate mix and took a sip from it.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

"OK, the main course are now done, now for the side dishes!" Rezki suddenly announced and looked back. "Eh? Where's Tuah?" he then asked the two guest. When he saw the fox rushing into his kid's room, Rezki's face grew serious, and removing the apron he was wearing and placing it on the dining table, followed suit. Once he entered the room, his initial fears were proven true; the ginger cat was on his bed, face planted into a pillow, his chest rising and falling uncontrollably from sobbing.

Rezki walked towards the bedside, sat down on it, and stroked Tuah's back and headfur downwards, slowly. He placed the cat's head on his chest, whispering softly, <malay>There, there, don't worry, just let it all out, don't hold anything back. Daddy's here with you...</malay>. Tuah sobbed even harder hearing this, and concentrated his whole being on the sole purpose of crying at the time, inside the man's embrace.

Rezki lifted his head, and glanced at the fox. He half-smiled, and explained to him, "I'm really sorry that this had to happen while you are here. Actually, my kid's here has had it rough when he was on the streets before I met him, and you could see that he's still traumatized by the whole thing." He kept stroking the cat's back gently, before continuing, "Sometimes, when something reminded him of his past, he'll become like this and I'll stay by his side until he feels better." He then looked down for a while, sighing heavily, before looking at Mr. Winters again. "I wish I could help him forget his past, but I don't want to hurt him anymore by asking what exactly happened. I tried, but he won't say anything, and I respect that wish of his. But still...," the man's voice trailed off. Tuah was still sobbing, but slower this time.

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Listening to Rezki's explanation, the white fox's face started turning to that of an irritated glare, though it wasn't directed at Rezki nor Tuah. "Lacooni...", he growled out as he left the room. Suddenly he peeked back in with a very gentle face unlike the one he left with, "Sorry about all this.", he apologized before disappearing off the door's frame.

"Can't you be nice at least?"
"I could, but today's just been terrible."
"I know it has been, but don't take it out on someone not even involved."
"Don't be a martyr for something you don't understand."
"I'm not! I'm just asking you to behave, at least until we get home."
"Done."
"Now go apologize too."
"... Fine then."

The fox then returned with the ferret, knocking on the open door to announce their presence before going closer to the bed.
"... ... ... I don't know how."
"Just do it.
"Ehem, sorry to have caused you this trouble Mr. Rezki. I didn't know that my words would hurt Tuah to this extent.", apologized the ferret to Rezki.
"And?"
"... sigh. Sorry Tuah, I shouldn't have said that.", came after a another moment passed.
"I apologize as well for not keeping my friend in check.", Cesium apologized, "His tongue can be sharp at times."
simple things

Post by simple things »

So Alexander, I've noticed you're in pretty good shape do you workout?
Alexander began taking mouthfuls of the food displayed before him. Alexander took a swig of his soda before replying to Konnie. "yes i do Konnie, i work out every week, and after that i kraft." Alexander said returning to his food. I didn't imagine that my first days in a new neighbourhood would be like this.

Alexander continued to speak, "so Konnie, what do you do?. I build small devices and technologies that i re-create that i get from my mom's work". Alexander said shining his smile to her.
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

Alexander began taking mouthfuls of the food displayed before him. Alexander took a swig of his soda before replying to Konnie. "yes i do Konnie, i work out every weekt
"I thought as much, you definitely have the look of someone who spends time in the gym." she said in a flirtatious tone trying not to giggle."she grabbed another bite of food still giving Alexander her full attention.
"I build small devices and technologies that i re-create that i get from my mom's work
after finishing her mouthful of food and taking another sip of soda she exclaimed"wow what an awesome talent, So you must be really creative then. as for myself I only wish I had talents like that, The only thing I can do well is Photoshop and use 3-D rendering software in my free time just for fun. Other than just a regular old dog like everyone else with a few personality quirks of course."with one hand she pushed herempty plate to the side of the table and let out a faint belch. "Excuse me" she said with a giggle. "The food here was really good thanks a ton for showing me it." again she continued to watch me and waited to ask another question until he finished his chewing. "How long have you been a part of the neighborhood?" she said leaning back in the chair.
Last edited by Kondog on Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
simple things

Post by simple things »

he only thing I can do well is Photoshop and use 3-D rendering software in my free time just for fun
'
Alexander continued to eat at his food, at a quick pace. Until he noticed that Konnie had finished her food. "oh you edit pictures, that's fantastic Konnie, that's a good skill to have for future job referencing." Alexander said as he continued to eat his food. Once he was done he continued to talk, "well like i said i have never been here before Konnie. But i guess we could come here often. If you would allow me that is". Alexander said chuckling
How long have you been a part of the neighborhood
"Oh i just moved here, i was kinda stark raving hungry so, my mom and i decided to stop here to get some food. And a chance to get a couple things from the shopping centre". Alexander began wringing his hands "You're..you're very pre-" Just then the device in Alexanders jacket pocket began Buzzing.
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

"well like i said i have never been here before Konnie. But i guess we could come here often. If you would allow me that is". Alexander said chuckling

Well aren't you the Precocious one.” She said as an amused tone in her voice “yes... yes I think I'd like that.” Konnie lifted both arms in the air and stretched for a moment before letting a long sigh as she began to relax. She was unable to tell rather it was the food or the pleasant company that was causing her to feel so relieved.
Oh i just came here,i was kinda stark raving hungry so, my mom and i decided to stop here to get some food. And a chance to get a couple things from the shopping centre". Alexander began wringing his hands "You're..you're very pre-" Just then the device in Alexanders jacket pocket began Buzzing
Konnie couldn't help but slightly blush of his comment. "Well you're quite the looker yourself." She was about to say more always distracted by the strange sound of beeping from inside Alexander's pocket. "whats that?" she asked curiously.
simple things

Post by simple things »

Alexander raised a brow and spoke, "uhh, thanks...Konnie i was going to say you are very preceptive." Alexander smiled and reached into his pocket taking the box and sliding off the top. The bright screen flashed on illuminating Alexanders face, "receiving intel message from Vortrax Head quarters" the device said in a British electronic voice.

Alexander was curious, "huh intel..what is this thing on about now?" Alexander muttered, then his eyes widened. "Oh sweet it's UP!" he said happily, the device continued to speak in an electronic voice, "Profits raised, 30%, congratulations". "This device is now,BZZT obsolete" The device began to heat up and the screen shut down. Alexander was slightly confused. then he felt a burning sensation run through his paw. He dropped the device and flicked his fingers in pain "AHH you stupid, STUPID PIECE OF JUNK!" Alexander yelled before jumping up and down on it "Take it you dumb PROTOTYPE AGHHAHH" Alexander yelled as he cracked the device under his shoes.
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

AHH you stupid, STUPID PIECE OF JUNK!" Alexander yelled before jumping up and down on it "Take it you dumb PROTOTYPE AGHHAHH" Alexander yelled as he cracked the device under his shoes.
Konnie slightly disturbed from the random turn of events and jumped up from the table and walked towards Alexander noticing the mangled electronic device on the floor, and then shifting her attention to Alexander. without asking she reached over and grabbed as paw and began to inspect thoroughly. "looks you've got a small burn." still holding his hand she pulled him all the way back to the the counter were the man with the Italian accent was. "excuse me Mr. my friend here inadvertently burned himself do you have any Silver sulfadiazine or Therapeutic Burn Cream?" she asked impatiently staring at the man. He leaned over the counter and inspected the small burn on Alexander's paw. "That is not too bad, but you're right he is going to need a little silver sulfadiazine to ward against infection." The man said with a serious tone as he retreated behind the counter for a brief moment and returned with a small white box. "Due to dangerous the nature of the kitchen we always have to keep this stuff around."he said passing a small prepackaged disposable tube of Silver sulfadiazine to the dog. "thank you very much." Konnie said walking back to the table with Alexander. she bit the small tube and emptied its contents her finger and rubbed it on Alexander paw. "I take it that's one of your gadgets ?" she said still holding his hand.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Hypergenesis wrote:Listening to Rezki's explanation, the white fox's face started turning to that of an irritated glare, though it wasn't directed at Rezki nor Tuah. "Lacooni...", he growled out as he left the room. Suddenly he peeked back in with a very gentle face unlike the one he left with, "Sorry about all this.", he apologized before disappearing off the door's frame.

"Can't you be nice at least?"
"I could, but today's just been terrible."
"I know it has been, but don't take it out on someone not even involved."
"Don't be a martyr for something you don't understand."
"I'm not! I'm just asking you to behave, at least until we get home."
"Done."
"Now go apologize too."
"... Fine then."
Rezki was startled by the sudden change in the fox's behaviour as he left the room, and simply nodded when he peeked back calmly to excuse himself. He heard some hushed whispering between him and ferret in the common area, but he couldn't catch anything much and just continued to stroke his son slowly to ease the tension in his body. It was working, and Tuah's body became more relaxed, with him not sobbing anymore. Rezki let out a sigh of relief; Tuah's cried his heart out, and was now fine once again.

There was a knock at the door, and fox re-entered the room, with the ferret following behind him. Rezki observed them both closely, wondering what was up with the whispering between them.
Hypergenesis wrote: "Ehem, sorry to have caused you this trouble Mr. Rezki. I didn't know that my words would hurt Tuah to this extent.", apologized the ferret to Rezki.
Oddly enough, the man just laughed slowly hearing the apology. "So, it was you, wasn't it? Don't worry, Mr. Weissenklaussenshffer, this can happen with the most bizarre of stimulus, and I'm sure whatever you might say is not intentional or even connected to what causes him to be like this," he said after the laugh, calm but with his eyes staring straight at the ferret's very own, not with contempt but more of a frank disposition. Hearing his father laughing, Tuah lifted his face from the white pillow and looked at him. His eyes were red and damp with tears, but were now reflecting curiosity.
Hypergenesis wrote:"... sigh. Sorry Tuah, I shouldn't have said that.", came after a another moment passed.
"I apologize as well for not keeping my friend in check.", Cesium apologized, "His tongue can be sharp at times."
The cat turned his sights on Weiss, and after listening to the apology, smiled and nodded, while rubbing his eyes with his left arm. He suddenly reached out his right arm and pulled a stray pen and parchment from under the mattress and wrote quickly, while Rezki listened to Cesium apologizing yet again. "Hey, no hard feelings, mate. Well, at least for me. Not sure about my son here..," he managed to reply, before Tuah showed the parchment to them both:

[It's OK, Cesium, Weiss. Like my Dad say, I'm a bit more on a quirky sensitive side. Guess I was thinking too much into what you wrote back there. -- And sorry for making you guys worry about me.]

Tuah smiled weakly at them at the same time, and then looked back at Rezki, being rewarded with a heart-warming hug from him "Well then, that settles that! Now I really need to get back to my cooking, it'll be done any moment now. I'll leave the three of you here now, if you don't mind," Rezki announced, and stood up. He ruffled Tuah's headfur with his hand, and left them in the room. Tuah stayed on the bed, sitting up with a slouch, looking at the pair.

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Aye aye, sorry again with the inconvenience.", bade Weiss as Rezki left. He then looked to Tuah and smiling like the devil as though nothing had happened he said, "Wanna take up self-defense classes? I can sponsor you if you're willing."
Cesium looked to the ferret with dubious eyes but though the look was quickly lost after a few seconds. "I can guess this has something to do with what you told him..?", he asked while looking straight to the ferret's eyes.
"Yeah, a part of me says that he has this trauma switch is because he doesn't have the means to counter the event when this 'past life as a stray' follows him here.", explained the ferret, "And you can't read my intentions through my eyes, so stop since it's just annoying."
The fox quickly averted his gaze upon the ferret's warning, apologizing "Sorry.", as he looked away and towards Tuah. "I think you should consider Weiss' offer though, since you did note that your schedule was quite relaxed.", he said while talking in his normal happy-go-lucky attitude, as though the bad air around him and the ferret had suddenly vanished.
"But it's entirely up to you, judging by your build I'd say you will fare quite nicely if you do accept, though I would have to find a school that wouldn't require you to shout those embarrassing warcries.", said Weiss as he then turned towards the door, "Well, I'll be in the living room if you need me. My coffee's getting cold.", he informed before leaving the bedroom and taking a seat exactly where he was before the fox dragged him away from it. He looked at his mug and gave it a facepan before chugging it down without second though. "You make quite a good coffee Rezki.", he then complimented.
Cesium watched as the ferret left through the doors and turned back to Tuah again. Giving the cat a smile, he typed a message in his phone and showed it to Tuah.

[About whatever Weiss wrote earlier, you should really talk about it with your dad. I always feel a lot better whenever I tell my dad my problems.]

"Now how about joining us in that dinner you invited us to?", Cesium asked Tuah in a cheery tone.
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Coatl_Ruu wrote:
The Moon Howler wrote:Rion looked through the window "I suppose... The rain seems to have stopped" He pulled out his cellphone again "6:10 PM..." A smile appeared on his face "...Perfect time for a walk!"
"Alright, then let's get ready to go," Phi said, slowly getting to his feet.
Voices were heard from the basement, then door was opened and shut. A minute later Varg came "Sorry about that, Dad had some announcements to make." He turned to Rion "Bro, we will have guests at 8:30 PM" Then the wolf turned to the rest "Say, can we make that hike and still be able to come back in time?"
Rion peeked at his phone "Hmm, it's 6:15 now... oh and bravo, by the second."
Varg nodded "Thanks!" he turned to Phi and Alana "So, can we make it?"
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters