PF: Yorkshire Fields OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Re: PF: Yorkshire Fields OOC

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

JOFOXX wrote:<.<

>.>

*koff*
Hello. Considering rejoining?
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Hello. Considering rejoining?
Eh... I'd like to, but if that ever happened it wouldn't be anytime soon.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

:<
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Netherwolf

Post by Netherwolf »

Last edited by Netherwolf on Sun May 08, 2011 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The wolf,a noble,wild and furry creature of the forest.
GOD I WAN'T ONE AS A PET
Mystic Wolf

Post by Mystic Wolf »

Why not? I think everything is fine, the only problem is the colour (I think), it's hard to difference that color with mine. My vote is positive.

As I said one day: "Be careful Yorkshire Fields, wolves are invading!" :lol:

LOL :lol: Here there is a misunderstanding, you had to post the LINK here! Not in the Roleplaying! xD The character sheet should be posted in the Main OOC. (But as you can see, I posted it in here)
Do you want me to level up? Click here! Shame that I can't show the pic here due to the size...

Image Image Image Image
-
Image Image
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

= wO Plusvier logic rant mode activated...

Concerns...
I'm guessing this character would have a hidden trauma for one, but like I said, HIDDEN, so I wouldn't be too concerned though I would like to bring it up.

Two, he probably has amnesia? I can't say if he never witnessed his parents' unfortunate disappearance or he's blocking it out, but I do believe he might be highly protective due to this.

Three, from what I've read, he would be a long time resident of Yorkshire which would mean he was found when he was a cub and that his owners would be treating him more like a pet than a child (see first post about this, under the YsF canon.). My reasons for this...
1) Adult wolves aren't easily tamable, nor will they easily trust others especially if they have been a "lone wolf" (Indeed, this term means something.)
2) Considering that he is an adult... Although the Ivanovs did save his life, having grown up alone means I would need to believe that he would have a high pride of being able to survive alone and submissiveness plus entry to an urban neighborhood does not seem to follow the established path of this belief.
3) A wolf is a dangerous animal which is HIGHLY UNRECOMMENDED for people to own. Associations for wolflike dogs have been trying their best to erase the negative image WOLVES have given these dogs because wolfs have been proven to be more aggressive and less "pet-able" to a very high degree.
4) It might just be illegal to own a wolf taken from the wild... I would assume the other wolves to HAVE COME FORM A BREEDER,(Although my absence during their application time means I only have the right to be silent forever. Yes, I have no right to complain since they were already accepted.) although proper authorization due to qualification might allow the owners to keep the wolf, the wolf itself needs to pass a test before it would be allowed to roam free in public. (I would refer to the UAD level in this post.
Netherwolf wrote:Not a very good singer or dancer, but when the music and rythm fire him up,he's more dangerous then a match in a dynamite factory.
I would want an explanation on what this "dangerous" term implies to. *BZZZT* PG-BOARDS DOES NOT ALLOW A LOT OF VIOLENCE--

Well that's some of my more major concerns at the moment...
I would recommend discussing with RockstarRaccoon about how your character could be made more acceptable as he knows a lot more about wolves and the restrictions in owning them. All I can suggest is, legal breeder + good temperament + proper upbringing.

But of course, as some people would know, this is ME criticizing a character sheet for a main character so...
I might be overthinking some aspects on this.
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Alright, I am back now, so I will start handling things again. However, I haven't read the RP thread yet. Will do that later.

@Netherwolf
Your sheet is okay, except for the color. It is too close to Mystic's color. I would suggest you to use #009595 or something else, since most other shades of blue were already taken.

However, I disapprove as a player. My main complaint is we got too much wolves and too much males. Wolves are supposed to be a kind of semi-rare pet, and our male to female ratio isn't improving. My minor complaints are yet another tech related family, yet another pet who knows multiple language (again pets like that should be rare), yet another child-like background, and yet another blue text color (yeah, blue is my favorite color too, but still...)

For everyone else who hasn't voiced, you should still post your opinion (best along with your reasoning), or I can't tally the votes.
Mystic Wolf wrote:LOL :lol: Here there is a misunderstanding, you had to post the LINK here! Not in the Roleplaying! xD The character sheet should be posted in the Main OOC. (But as you can see, I posted it in here)
This is true, but it is kind of minor so I didn't bother. Just remember to update both of your sheets, if you post in both the main OOC and YsF OOC.

@Rendak
Let us know if you really decides to quit. I am still going to assume that you are staying until you officially declare quitting.

Edit: @JOFOXX
Let me know if you are joining again! I think we can work it out.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

We need more females, we really do. Besides, a female would be slightly easier to domesticate, in which case the character sheet could fit better. Remember, the characters don't have to be like you, and they're encouraged not to be. That way you can have multiple characters that have some of your traits, but aren't just multiple copies of you with little changes.

There is A LOT OF BLUE. Someone needs to use a green or a red or something.

Honestly, I'm trying to be impartial, but I would like to see something different from all of the other wolves. There's just too many of them, and they have even less rights than dogs or cats. If you really want to have such a limited character, then so be it.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

a couple notes:
Hypergenesis- I think the laws on owning wolves are a bit more lax in the HP universe unless the people at the pet licensing place are easily bribed by the ferrets because otherwise the charade of Miles and his pack being their pets would be useless.

Aquablast- I agree that there seem to be a lot of wolves whose owners work in technology fields for a neighborhood that is more pet-like. maybe if it were a wolf-dog, which are legally allowed here in some states with a permit. As I have no real preference as to whether or not the character is accepted, I'll just say I'm okay with it, so my vote is yes. also, I agree that we need a few more (charming young women) here(self censorship is fun :lol: )

Netherwolf- that story seems a bit too traumatic, but I don't really care. also, I think you meant deep fried steaks unless you meant sharpened peices of wood with deep cuts in them. :lol:
Last edited by RandomGeekNamedBrent on Mon May 09, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:a couple notes:
Hypergenesis- I think the laws on owning wolves are a bit more lax in the HP universe unless the people at the pet licensing place are easily bribed by the ferrets because otherwise the charade of Miles and his pack being their pets would be useless.
Have you taken into consideration that Keene distinctively mentioned that they exploited every loophole? (Oh the things money has to offer...) Basically this means that while it CAN be legal to own a wolf.. It is not actually something that is promoted, recommended or even mentioned. (The same loopholes in the laws might even be found in the physical realm but let's not delve into that.) Two comics back, who knows what would have happened had Keene not intervened? I would say their laws might just closely resemble our world's except that legal pets do have some rights we don't usually give the pets in this world.

Just to quote...
Aquablast wrote:And by rare, it is an one-in-a-hundred-thousand kind of rare. A wolf pet is pretty rare too, like one-in-a-hundred.
So to say I don't actually agree a wolf pet being one in a hundred though I might agree with the former. Wolves aren't really pet quality, just referring back to the link to the comic above, even Miles was highly against being labelled as a pet. He only agreed to it because they were being given a free pass to an urban setting, one they dreamed to enter, and in the end they just act as a separate family unit to the ferrets, no owner-pet relationship just employer-employee. Even with that, Miles is already a VERY SPECIAL case in my opinion.

So to say, I don't really see the glamor on having a wolf pet other than the privilege of having a highly independent character to play as it is almost always more of a burden than a companion to their owner.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Mystic Wolf wrote:"Be careful Yorkshire Fields, wolves are invading!"
Don't worry, Flash will protect us!
Hypergenesis wrote:1) Adult wolves aren't easily tamable, nor will they easily trust others especially if they have been a "lone wolf" (Indeed, this term means something.)
2) Considering that he is an adult... Although the Ivanovs did save his life, having grown up alone means I would need to believe that he would have a high pride of being able to survive alone and submissiveness plus entry to an urban neighborhood does not seem to follow the established path of this belief.
3) A wolf is a dangerous animal which is HIGHLY UNRECOMMENDED for people to own. Associations for wolflike dogs have been trying their best to erase the negative image WOLVES have given these dogs because wolfs have been proven to be more aggressive and less "pet-able" to a very high degree.
4) It might just be illegal to own a wolf taken from the wild... I would assume the other wolves to HAVE COME FORM A BREEDER,(Although my absence during their application time means I only have the right to be silent forever. Yes, I have no right to complain since they were already accepted.) although proper authorization due to qualification might allow the owners to keep the wolf, the wolf itself needs to pass a test before it would be allowed to roam free in public. (I would refer to the UAD level in this post.
True. Dogs are submissive because they don't mature into adults, while wolves do, making them constantly want to be treated as an equal. I don't see any wolf openly deciding to spend their life as a pet, though maybe a young one would. Remember that this is Housepets, though, which means that animals can talk to and understand humans, so alot of things can be bent. I would think twice though before you have a wolf's owner scolding him for being a bad dog, or otherwise treating him as a child like they would with a dog. I like what I've seen with Varg, as his "dad" seems to be treating him like he's an adult human, though I question whether or not he's pushing the rating...
Netherwolf wrote:Not a very good singer or dancer, but when the music and rythm fire him up,he's more dangerous then a match in a dynamite factory.
I would want an explanation on what this "dangerous" term implies to. *BZZZT* PG-BOARDS DOES NOT ALLOW A LOT OF VIOLENCE--
It's an expression.
I would recommend discussing with RockstarRaccoon about how your character could be made more acceptable as he knows a lot more about wolves and the restrictions in owning them.
I do? Since when? I just take stuff I know from various sources and use it as rules for my characters, that's all.

I do agree though, there are a ridiculous number of pet wolves in YsF. Keeping that many wolves as pets is a bit unrealistic, not to mention the serious ethical implications of actually owning a wolf... Maybe we should make a "No more wolves" rule or something to try and cap this?
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Hypergenesis wrote:I would recommend discussing with RockstarRaccoon about how your character could be made more acceptable as he knows a lot more about wolves and the restrictions in owning them.
I do? Since when? I just take stuff I know from various sources and use it as rules for my characters, that's all.
Since the last time you lectured me about wolf ownership and their behaviors. = w=
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hypergenesis wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Hypergenesis wrote:I would recommend discussing with RockstarRaccoon about how your character could be made more acceptable as he knows a lot more about wolves and the restrictions in owning them.
Since the last time you lectured me about wolf ownership and their behaviors. = w=
Domesticating animals which would otherwise be wild and don't generally enjoy captivity is uncommon, and it's ethically unsound, that's all. :|
Oh, well, that and there's a bunch of regulations, like licenses and danger levels...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:(( UH OH!! Are all the characters gathering in one place?! Quick! someone break off from the group! ))
hey, two of us are broken off.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Coatl_Ruu wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:(( UH OH!! Are all the characters gathering in one place?! Quick! someone break off from the group! ))
((I'm really not sure how Phi or Dusk could realistically find an excuse to leave. Unless Dusk had a panic attack or something.))
Have him do that for a bit then, just give time for someone to break off. Actually, Flash is about to do that...

Edit: Worst roleplayer ever. U MAD?
Mystic Wolf

Post by Mystic Wolf »

I was asking Flash something!
Do you want me to level up? Click here! Shame that I can't show the pic here due to the size...

Image Image Image Image
-
Image Image
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Knock knock. It seems I made a mistake in my instruction... I kinda read back on this RP's OoC and found out that...

Humans are Underlined, animals who are not main-characters are Bold.

I kinda got used to the standard on another RP where...

Secondaries are Underlined, and non-player characters are Bold.
Non-player as in their not bound to a single player. Usually like the postman/postanimal, a random doctor, the storekeeper, etc.

Hee hee... Oops ^w ^

============================================================================================

Also, I'm thinking of sending a squall through YsF, does anyone object?
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

A storm, eh? Sounds good to me.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Coatl_Ruu wrote:A storm, eh? Sounds good to me.
no, he means the Final Fantasy character. :lol:
but seriously, Spike is inside right now, so I'd be fine with it.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hypergenesis wrote:Also, I'm thinking of sending a squall through YsF, does anyone object?
Can you wait for Tiara to be in play first? Keeping in mind that she has no friends at this point, as all her friends left?
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Okay, I'll be back in 3-4 hours.

and I'll probably just make it a local event then.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

I'm actually for seeing Tiara and Flash get rained on though. I just want some time before it happens...
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Hmm... I guess I'll make a warning rain for now then a larger neighborhood wide rain later on then.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Housedog, just so you know, Mario has historically been developed entirely in Japan, by Japanese people, so I screamed when I saw that you had non-Japanese people developing your parody. lol
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Screamed in the good way or the bad way? :3
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Tha Housedog wrote:Screamed in the good way or the bad way? :3
Screamed in the "You're I love you the history and culture of my field!!!" way...

Edit: ...I love you isn't a swear word... It's a common English phrase... Why is it censored...?
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Keep in mind that I never said it was NovaGames that made the system or the game. I'm not screwing with the history or culture of anything; I'm simply having fun.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Tha Housedog wrote:I'm simply having fun.
Don't take it seriously, I'm not telling you to stop, I'm just being silly, lol...
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

You had me worried that I had offended you...
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

I think maybe I will rejoin actually. As soon as school's out! (in a week and a half)

It'll be with a new character though. I've never been good at getting back into old personas.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

JOFOXX wrote:I think maybe I will rejoin actually. As soon as school's out! (in a week and a half)

It'll be with a new character though. I've never been good at getting back into old personas.
Sounds good!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Alright! I finally got around to making that long overdue image of Tiara!
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1291/tiara.png
Mystic Wolf

Post by Mystic Wolf »

Nice picture!

Image Image Image Image
-
Image Image
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Nice job! :3
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Realize that it's just an edit of Rikki and Taku's character pictures...
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

I love the contrast of my characters, that one's totally serious and all that, while the other is some insane cartoon character...
Mystic Wolf

Post by Mystic Wolf »

Hey, I love this! I think I will Roleplay for a looooooot of time :3 :D

Image Image Image Image
-
Image Image
Mystic Wolf

Post by Mystic Wolf »

One question, what time is it in-game? I think Mystic is having lunch too early, isn't it?

Image Image Image Image
-
Image Image
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Well considering that most of the pets only had conversational interactions (Which don't take up too much time unless a lot were spoken...), with around 3 pages of RP.. + transit from park to residence...

Er..

Arin, Spike: 11 AM at the latest, possibly 12 NN considering non-narrated events.

Mystic: 10:30 AM at the latest.

Rion, Varg, Dusk, Phi, Tiara: 10 AM at the latest.

Flash, Genesis: Time variant due to hammer space travel. Assumption of a direct path would set them at 9:30 AM at the latest.

Aethon, Apollo: Time variant due to unestablished time frame. Assumption of coherence of first post with local time puts them at 9 AM at the latest.

Cesium: Playing in Limbo. Just kidding, he's free for interaction.

EDIT: Although if you have your character "wait" (As in non-narrated waiting) you could move your time forward quite easily.

EDIT2: Wrong name.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Okay, before I can start posting again, I would like to know who has seen/talk to/play with Bullet before. Please tell me what Bullet knew about your character that is not on the character sheet, I will also let you know any necessary information!