PF: Yorkshire Fields OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Rendak

Re: PF: Yorkshire Fields OOC

Post by Rendak »

Could someone please post a short description of the rides that have currently proposed?
I have not had the chance to look at the reference brochure thing at all
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Don't be afraid to hit me up for my skype!
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Hypergenisis, did you use this park because you've been to it?
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

No, me and Aquablast were deciding on whether we should make an own park build from imagination or an existing park and given a new twist. We decided on using an existing park due to the confusion of detail at the subway and we already posted the map very early on.

About the time after the first ride, Aquablast even gave the links to the frog hopper and fly swatter in his post.

Until now no one really commented on the park except for Jofoxx's "I've been there! :P" so we assumed that everyone was fine with the idea.

If there were some having problems with the park we assumed they could first check the map then the site, both provide enough information and a simple video search for the rides name would yield results as to what the nature and purpose of the rides were. If one were to have been able to go to an amusement park before, they would quickly see the similarities of the ride and possibly even know the experience of being in the said ride.

With that said, I still try to provide the experience in my perspective, I had Crayon take my feelings on each ride while Cesium was the one who expressed the opinions of a friend of mine.

Anything else I need to add?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Ok, let's try and get this done before we actually need the GM for something.
GM Election Time

Step one: Who wants to be the new GM?
I'm not any authority on this, but I've got to say, make sure you're capable of devoting time to this if you decide to be GM. It mostly runs itself, but when you're needed to keep things running smoothly, it's important that you can solve the issue in a timely manner.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

I do have plans for my own RP someday, and I plan to oversee it myself. So I am afraid I won't be devoted enough to be the permanent GM of YsF. But I am willing to be the temporary GM for now.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Aquablast wrote:But I am willing to be the temporary GM for now.
Go ahead and do that, if no one objects: I think it's a good idea, and Buckdida says it's ok.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Do what? ...

... lol Just kidding! :lol:

I am not really skilled in using other people's character though, but I guess this is a perfect opportunity to improve my skills. We will probably need to find some way to lead Jake and Aiden to the exit.

For Aiden, we will probably need to discuss with Jofoxx. What do you think we should do about Jake though, Raccoon? He is kind of tied to Phil. Alternatively, we can make them into NPCs or something. Any ideas?
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

*nod nod*

Yeah, Aquablast, go ahead and be Temp GM for now. You guys can start voting in a bit, since Aqua wants to have his own RP in a while.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Buckdida wrote:since Aqua wants to have his own RP in a while.
You mean 'someday'! XD

I don't know when will I actually work on it. This always happens, I end up having too much project at once. But at least managing existing stuff isn't that hard to me compared to making up new things.

Anyway, I guess I will be the temp GM until someone takes over or objects.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Uhm... Yeah... I have no idea what to do with Aiden...
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Things would be a lot easier if Neko is here...

I personally opt for the NPC route, so in case Neko ever comes back he can still use them. And as a NPC, there is no real need for them to exit the RP or lock themselves away like Leopold. (Which I am not sure how anyway, the fact they are connected to other players makes it difficult.)

However, the hugest problem is even as a NPC, Aiden will still end up having a lot of interaction with Angel. It doesn't make sense if both Angel and Jacob suddenly stop interacting with him anymore. One way to solve this is to not go into details, something like "Angel said good night to Aiden before sleep" without mentioning what exactly they said or talked about. But even then, we probably can't avoid major interaction for the rest of Aiden's life, it is just too weird.

The fact that I don't know if Neko will come back or not makes me a bit confused, but this should work as a temporary solution for now.

Alternatively, I could try to "adopt" Aiden and Jake and act as their player. But I seriously doubt that I can play them that well, and I don't think I should do this without Neko's permission first.

What do you think, Jofoxx? (Or anyone else, really)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Let Me deal with Jake. I already know how I'm going to do it, I just need to get around to it...
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Okay, I trust your judgment then.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

I'll keep Aiden as an NPC for now. I'll just keep the interactions as possible until we can find another solution... :\
Neko

Post by Neko »

Just drop the characters. Don't worry about rping them, act as if they never existed. Angel can continue on fine, act as if Aiden was never introduced. Flash can continue just as well, and continue on to the zoo like nothing happened. If you truly want to NPC them or RP then go ahead.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

K, dealt with Jake.
Neko wrote:Blah blah blah blah blah!
Go away.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:K, dealt with Jake.
Neko wrote:Blah blah blah blah blah!
Go away.
Don't be so mean to Neko like that.

Also Neko, we can't just pretend your characters never existed. In a television show, if an actor quits, do they just pretend like his/her character never existed? No, the writers make up some story about making them leave the show, or die. Pet Friendly is rated PG-13, so we'll have to go with leaving.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Er... That was a... Mind boggling post. I don't know what to think anymore lol. I guess Flash could tell Phil that Jake went home, which was technically true.

And yeah, while the "pretend never-existed path" is a lot easier, I guess we will keep ourselves to the NPC route for the story's sake.

Oh, and I have an idea for Aiden's exit...... NO! It's not aliens!

Let's say Aiden's parents DID find a good home, so good that their new owner offered to find their son. After asking around the pounds or pet shops or whatever, they found that Jacob had adopted Aiden. So we only need to have Aiden go home and have him meet with his parents and their owner, and by the time Angel went home Aiden will be with his parents! How's that?

It is truly a shame to let both Jake and Aiden go... Ah well...
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Wow, I must keep up with this OOC more, stuff actually happens for a change, who knew

Also, sorry for the...somewhat inactiveness, I seem to be posting less and less and do not know why, Rather annoying it is

Alas, I hath missed chance to try and be a Temp GM, oh wells
When I haveth the time as well, I mean I stalk these forums enough
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hey Aquablast, you should start trying to get the voting together: compile a list of people who want the GM position.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Sounds nifty

Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

For temporary GM or permanent GM? But for the case of voting a permanent GM, we don't even have 9 players yet. Which is the minimum players needed to elect an official GM.

People willing to be Temp GM right now:
-Aquablast
-Rendak

The only other possible candidate right now are: Jofoxx and Tobee.

Let's give it two days from now before we start voting, okay?
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Wait, if I were elected Temp GM, would I have to clear my own new character? :?

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

If you were the temp GM, then that would be a given "Yes".

Aquablast wrote:For temporary GM or permanent GM? But for the case of voting a permanent GM, we don't even have 9 players yet. Which is the minimum players needed to elect an official GM.
Actually, the 9:15 rule is there because an RP that has at least 9 RPers would need moderation since things can easily go out of hand. I would believe that there's no rule on not being able to have a permanent GM if there are less players. Even a new neighborhood has the thread opener as the GM and I think the election would only be required if the original GM doesn't wish to GM his / her RP anymore, or if the RPers feel that the GM is not doing his / her job properly. Coup d'état anyone? Nah, it's legal to complain about GMs :lol:

Oh wait, who am I to say such things O 3o. All that is theoretical and straight from the Ivory Tower, it's all opinions...

That said, it's far worse to have an RP w/o a GM. Temporary GMs are non-elected GMs who volunteered to manage the RP in the absence of an elected GM. Of course they're accepted to be the GM too, so they hold the same power as a GM, with power nyablahblah (comes equal responsibility). Just saying an election would only arise if there are competing volunteers for the role of GM, I don't think there's a need for an election if none of the runners are willing to be dedicated (No, I'm not referring to anyone.) because an elected position is also a commitment.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Okay, whatever.

So make it clear now, people. Are we electing for a Temp GM or a Permanent GM?

And please post again if you are willing to be the permanent GM of YsF, and also post if you are willing to be the Temp GM.

And it is important to get things going, so please don't stay silent. I need confirmation.

Voting is not going to start until we confirm everything.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

I'm willing to be Temp GK, just to make that confirmed and nifty-keen

valerio

Post by valerio »

EDIT
Character Sheets deleted due to incompatibility with this setting. My apologies.
Last edited by valerio on Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
valerio

Post by valerio »

And now, to study them properly, I'd really appreciate a link to the main and guest active characters. Plllleeeeaaaaasseee?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rendak wrote:I'm willing to be Temp GK, just to make that confirmed and nifty-keen
We have a temp-GM already, we're looking for a real one.

...Valerio... You realize that Bears and Cougars are the two animals in the US which are least likely to ever be safely domesticated? As in, they're both large predators who don't take to submission? Seriously, coyotes, wolves, and raccoons are one thing, because people domesticate those all the time. The only time I've seen a bear "domesticated", it was a wild bear who a researcher had befriended. The only time I've ever seen a cougar "domesticated", it had to be kept in a cage due to how dangerous it was. This would be cool, but it's WAY over the top to put them in the city.
valerio

Post by valerio »

I am not debating the authorities, here, and I understand that I'd only make other player nervous with this idea. Roger and over.
EDIT - Inappropriate character sheets deleted
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Aquablast wrote:For temporary GM or permanent GM? But for the case of voting a permanent GM, we don't even have 9 players yet. Which is the minimum players needed to elect an official GM.

-Aquablast
-Rendak

You are in error Mr. RockstarRaccoon

It's unrealistic to have waliing dogs, cats, foxes, and wolves in ac ity too

JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Aquablast wrote:The only other possible candidate right now are: Jofoxx and Tobee.
Aquablast wrote:possible candidate right now are: Jofoxx
Aquablast wrote:Jofoxx
*SNRK* Yeah, right.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

@ Jofoxx, So that's a no? :lol:

In my opinion, we wouldn't need an election right now as
1. Things are going slow and uncomfortable posts are quickly confronted or brought to issue.
2. There is only 1 character in queue and it was already decreed for entry in the next RP day by the former GM.
3. The is a lack of interest for the position. The position of "Temporary GM" is not something that needs election.
Meschenitz wrote:Let's do remember abstain would be running if there's only one candidate and the 50%+1 rule would default Aquablast as temporary GM...

Democracy right? XD
Anyways, it would be pretty disappointing to have an elected-GM that is just waiting for someone else to take the position. So unless Tobee wants to be a permanent GM, I don't really see the point in having an election.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Ok, I agree with that. If no one wants to run for GM here, I don't see why we need an election right now.
Rendak wrote:

-Aquablast
-Rendak

You are in error Mr. RockstarRaccoon

It's unrealistic to have waliing dogs, cats, foxes, and wolves in ac ity too
...You should reread this post and I'll respond better when you retype it.

What I am saying is that if you go to a suburb, these are animals which you are likely to find at least one person keeping as a pet. If you walk one down the street with one on a leash, people might think of it as unusual, but they'll just shrug it off as an exotic pet. You cannot go outside with a bear or cougar on a leash, and I'm pretty sure it's not even legal to keep them as an individual anywhere in the US, not to mention the fact that they are more independent and aggressive than wolves and would reject domestication anyway.

Aside from that, how are our characters supposed to respond to a BEAR or a COUGAR walking down the street? Both animals are huge, and known to be ferocious predators.

Sorry, I'm all for allowing whatever people want, but this just goes too far for me, and while I'm not going to leave or anything over it, I really don't want to have something like that.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I agree with RockstarRaccoon here.

It's illegal and stupidly dangerous to have a cougar or a bear as a pet.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

I thought it is only fair if Rendak get a chance to be elected, consider that I got this position because no one was competing against me. But Nitz and Raccoon provided good reasons for not having an election at this moment. So unless someone wants to be the permanent GM for YsF, we won't be holding an election at this moment. Any objections?

@valerio
I am sorry this happened. :? But please come here again when you have a character whom you think will fit this place!
Hypergenesis wrote:2. There is only 1 character in queue and it was already decreed for entry in the next RP day by the former GM.
Is there? lol, I didn't know!

Anyway, we should also focus on getting this RP going again. Flash should proceed to zoo as soon as possible, since the amusement park group is done with 2 rides and I think we should consider ending this day after 5 or so rides.

I will do something about Aiden as soon as Jofoxx give me the green light.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Sorry, I was just being sarcastic on the last part

Curse this cellular phone for not letting me quote all that

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Aquablast wrote:Flash should proceed to zoo as soon as possible
I'll get onto that when I have time: I'm behind in my RPs.

Edit: Actually, can anyone join that Arc? I'm already in another RP where it's just me and JoFoxx in our arc, and that always seems pointless.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Well, the only character that's not yours or Jofoxx's is Tobee's Marc.

They seem to be headed somewhere, still in the air though.

I could whip up an NPC though o 3o