Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

JOFOXX

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by JOFOXX »

Terry, blinked furiously as he trailed after the scarf. the water was too shallow to swim effectively, but it tugged at his legs as he tried to walk. He blinked again, trying to see more clearly in the dim light. This was not good...
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Erin surfaced and just barely made out the outline of Terry in the darkness, "T-Terry? Is that you?" He asked. He was able to stand up well and moved a little closer to Terry, "D-did you see what happened to my scarf?" He asked, afraid of the answer.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin tilted his head slightly, not understanding the point of adopting and papers. "Oh, ok.....But what's an hour?"

-------------------------

Sam nodded, laughing nervously. "Right, Kidding around.."
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

"So..." Sid said, glancing back at the door, "I wanna go somewhere... you know, like, not here..."
Steve practically jumped up, whipping out car-keys, "You wanna go to the MALL?!?"

==== The Zoo ====
Rikki had caught up and piped in as the door closed behind them, "An 'hour' is a period of time which we must wait. Don't worry, we can find something to do in that amount of time... maybe even walk to Matt's house ourselves..." His leg had healed, but still had a slight limp, which caused him to lean to the side with every other step.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Neko

Post by Neko »

Sam brightened at that, glad the conversation had changed. "The mall is fine with me."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Great! Let's go!" Steve popped up and lead them around the gate to his car: an old convertible with the hood up. It was painted dark-blue with a black hood, and was in decent condition aside from a few bumps, scratches, and stains on the paint.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"So..." Sid said, glancing back at the door, "I wanna go somewhere... you know, like, not here..."
Steve practically jumped up, whipping out car-keys, "You wanna go to the MALL?!?"

==== The Zoo ====
Rikki had caught up and piped in as the door closed behind them, "An 'hour' is a period of time which we must wait. Don't worry, we can find something to do in that amount of time... maybe even walk to Matt's house ourselves..." His leg had healed, but still had a slight limp, which caused him to lean to the side with every other step.
Matt sighed. "You might as well, Rikki, Darin. It'll just be boring if you stay with us to finish paperwork."
"And I really shouldn't be on my leg, even if I felt fine and could even manage to play a bit," said Frank. "Let's hope I haven't opened the wound again...."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki nodded, "Well don't worry, the development isn't a long walk from the station. There's a 'service road' there that no one drives on which leads right to the fence near your house."
Jack nodded, "Yeah, that's a quick way you can all walk back while we work this out..."
"Of course," Rikki added, "If we're gonna be walking, I could show you other places: you still haven't been in the forest, Frank..."
Neko

Post by Neko »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Great! Let's go!" Steve popped up and lead them around the gate to his car: an old convertible with the hood up. It was painted dark-blue with a black hood, and was in decent condition aside from a few bumps, scratches, and stains on the paint.
Sam examined the car, which had seen better days apparently but seemed nice"Cool, I've never been in a convertible before."

-----------

Darin hugged Matt's head, looking down at Frank. "Yea Frank, we should go see the forest! There's all kind of neat stuff, like the pond and Rikki's home!"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Steve grinned, "Great! Then we won't even need to go to the mall to entertain you, I'll just put the top down!" He unlocked the car with the remote and climbed into the driver's seat. He pressed a button and the motors of the hood hummed to life, pulling it up and off into a compartment in the back. Steve motioned for them to get in, and Sid hopped into the back, scooting over and patting the seat next to him for Sam as Steve started the car...
Neko

Post by Neko »

Sam smiled and got into the car, seating next to Sid. "You're going to like the mall. It's really big and has a bunch of stores, tons of things to see."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Steve turned around to back out, noticing them, "Hey guys, put your seatbelts on, will ya? I don't wanna get ticketed over it..." Sid rolled his eyes, but complied as Steve rolled backwards out of the driveway, anxious to get out of the way...
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

ctcmjh wrote:Erin surfaced and just barely made out the outline of Terry in the darkness, "T-Terry? Is that you?" He asked. He was able to stand up well and moved a little closer to Terry, "D-did you see what happened to my scarf?" He asked, afraid of the answer.
Terry spun around at the sound of another person in the gloom. He recognized the voice almost immediately. "Erin!" The blue cat sloshed over to the dog, reaching a hand out to grasp his shoulder. "Y-Your scarf. It's in here somewhere. In the water."
Neko

Post by Neko »

Sam put on her seat belt, getting comfortable in the seat. She turned and smiled at Sid, This should be fun.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Erin placed his arm around Terry's waist protectively, "It's in here? D-do you have a light?" He asked, trying to look around. His eyesight was not as good as Terry's in the dark, but he still could vaguely see.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Steve pulled promptly out of the driveway, eager to put distance between himself and Johnny's dysfunctional family. He went 5 miles above the speed limit as he left the development, calming as he got back onto the safety of the main road and drove off towards the mall. "So, we've never been to the mall. I saw it on the way here, but Sid was actually passed out in the back seat: he decided to spend the entire trip blasted out of his mind on catnip." he laughed.
"Better than sitting bored in a seat the entire time!" Sid retorted.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Sam laughed nervously, "Catnip? I'm sure you'll like the mall, all kinds of different stores."
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

ctcmjh wrote:Erin placed his arm around Terry's waist protectively, "It's in here? D-do you have a light?" He asked, trying to look around. His eyesight was not as good as Terry's in the dark, but he still could vaguely see.
Terry shook his head, his eyes scanning the gloom in vain. "I don't have anything. Erin, how are we going to get out of here?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Yeah," Sid nodded, "Maybe we'll find something interesting to look at."
"If not," Steve added, "They probably have a theater or an arcade, I'll pay for you guys..." He chuckled, "Then it can be like a date!"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

At the station.

Rikki closed the back door, leaving Jack and Matt inside with a two foot tall stack of papers before turning around to face Darin and Frank, raising his arms and stretching with a sigh. "Alright guys! So where we goin'? Your place or mine?" he looked at Frank.
FunkyChickenFace

Frank shrugged. "I'll admit that I'd prefer to go home and watch a movie, maybe take a nap while eating popcorn, but it's all cool if you feel like goin' somewhere else.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin tugged on Frank's hand, "Let's go see Rikki's home! It's really comfy and I know you'll like it!"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki looked at Frank, "Well, do you think you can make it to my place? It's a bit longer of a walk, and the ground isn't exactly flat..."
FunkyChickenFace

Frank winced. "Ah..... no. Walking on bumpy ground with crutches? Recipe for disaster...."
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin kept hold of Frank's hand, "Aww, Ok. I guess we can go...uh...watch a movie? I never seen a movie before," he smiled up at Frank.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Well," Rikki said, going down the steps, "I've never been too into movies, but if you don't wanna walk, that sounds like a good plan..." He began to lead them down the road, towards the development...
FunkyChickenFace

Frank had to let go of Darin's hand to grab the crutches. "Well, it's a bit difficult to explain. It'll be easier to show you when we get home, m'kay?" He followed behind Rikki as quickly as he could.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

JOFOXX wrote:Terry shook his head, his eyes scanning the gloom in vain. "I don't have anything. Erin, how are we going to get out of here?"
Erin looked around as well, "If we can find the way we came in, we might be able to swim against the current fast enough to get out." He said, with a bit of sadness in his voice, "But I know we'll get out of this! I promise you!" He said, hugging Terry from behind.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Terry gulped at how close Erin was, he looked around awkwardly. "Well... L-Let's find your scarf first!"
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Erin heard Terry's gulp and noticed he was very close to Terry. He blushed, and nodded, "Alright. But I can barely see anything. And how do you know my scarf wasn't carried away or something?" He asked Terry, a hint of worry in his voice.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Terry sighed. "I don't... but we can at least look." He waded through teh water a little ways, not seeing any exits around them. "Unless it went under in a deep bit of water, I think it should be here..."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

The scarf had been caught on an outcropping just below the water, right where the air-pocket ended for the underground river to continue on its way. Deeper down, a light could be seen, coming from the other end of the tunnel...
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Erin looked where the water flowed to and saw his scarf caught on an outcropping, "T-Terry! There it is!" He exclaims happy, and grabs it. He hugs it and smiles, "I'm so happy you went in after it Terry! You're the best!" He said, as he hugged Terry tightly.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Terry raised his hands awkwardly as Erin hugged him again. "Er, y-you're welcome. I'm sorry we had to come down here to get it..."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Erin let go and smiled, "It's okay, don't worry." He told him. Erin coughed slightly, "But um... You seem really uncomfortable right now..." He said, curious and guilty sounding.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Terry blushed. "Er... N-No I'm fine..." He gulped again and looked around. "Er, right. Now to get out..."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Erin smiled, "Terry, I might not be able to see you that well, but you feel warm, and I heard you gulp. Is something bothering you?" He asked.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Terry looked down. "N-No... I'm just... Er... Anxious...?"
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Erin moved to in front of Terry, "You're anxious? I somehow find that hard to believe." He told him, grabbing Terry's hands in his, the scarf slung over his shoulder.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Terry looked up at the dim image of Erin in the gloom. "I... It's just... The only person I've ever been interested in... was Ian... And now you're here..."