Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

DarkHeartsAndSuch

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

Kylie walked over to Pifer and gave him a hug. "Yep!" She turned and started leading him off in some random direction, obviously more awake now.
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
Neko

Post by Neko »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:I think it's safe to say that everyone cried out in alarm. Chichu clamped onto Frank's chest in a panic, letting go of his muzzle for his own yelp. Mylo rolled away from Rikki's leg, having been thrown, and rolled back onto her feet, looking about in alarm: why did it taste like she'd been licking a wound? She looked over at Rikki, who was now grabbing at his leg, while burying his tounge in the bite-marks, trying to close the wounds. "I'm sorry!!" Mylo whined, hurrying back over to help him.

Kinut and Jack had both shot up from their chairs, and were now standing ready to go over, but weren't really sure if they should or what...
Darin sat up with a groan, rubbing his head. "Ow..." He looked up at Rikki, and saw the wound. He kept his hand to his head, "Rikki, are you ok?"
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

ctcmjh wrote:Erin grabbed Terry's hand again as they entered the forest. He held Terry a little closer when he saw the cat shrink. He smiled at Terry, "I think this is the way we went, come on." He said as he started to walk down that trail.
Terry nodded, following Erin closely as they walked through the trees. Sunlight sent a dull green veil shimmering down from the leaves, almost like a warm and soothing blanket. The cat sighed as they walked, and before long, they had the luck to find the lake. "Look! We found it!" He cheered, looking around. "Where did you take off your scarf at?"

----------------------------------
DarkHeartsAndSuch wrote:Kylie walked over to Pifer and gave him a hug. "Yep!" She turned and started leading him off in some random direction, obviously more awake now.
Pifer trailed after Kylie, his back throbbing ever so slightly. He looked around and picked up the pace to fall into step beside her. "So... I guess we could go try to find some of the pets, or we could go look for places to get food."
Last edited by JOFOXX on Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkHeartsAndSuch

"Well..." Kylie turned to Pifer. "I'm still not all that hungry." She smiled at him, rubbing his shoulder with her paw. "So I think we should start looking for the pets. You know where any are?"
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

Matt ran over to Frank.
"You alright?"
"Nothing an, *ow*, aspirin won't fix. Go check on Rikki." Wordlessly, Matt did so.
"Rikki, do you need anything? First aid, that sorta thing?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Mylo had tun over to Rikki and was now fretting over him, whining submissively, "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you! I was just playing!!"
Rikki waved her down, "I know, it was an accident. I'm not mad at you..." he looked up at Matt as Mylo started to lick his leg herself, "I'm fine, it's nothing, just weak skin in that spot..." He looked over at Jack and Old Kinut, waving them back aswell before looking down at Mylo, giving her a pat, "Hey, it's ok. I'm fine now." He pulled himself up on his good leg and started limping back to his seat, "Don't worry about me... I'll just sit out over here for now..." Behind him, Mylo sat there looking slightly forlorn, while nearby, Chichu looked up from where he was clinging to Frank's chest.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
FunkyChickenFace

(Chichu was on Frank?)
Frank sighed, patting Chichu on the head. "You alright, kiddo?"

---

"If you say so, man." He walked over to Darin. Picking up the pup, he cuddled him to his chest. "Hey. You okay there buddy?"
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin nods and cuddles against Matt's chest. "I'm ok," he watches Rikki with a concerned look before lying his head against Matt.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Joy turned to Shep as she saw Rocky carry Cale into his house. "Do you think he's still mad? should we talk to him?" Joy asked, concerned.

Inside, Rocky sat down at the table and waited for Cale to be finished with his bandages.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

JOFOXX wrote:Terry nodded, following Erin closely as they walked through the trees. Sunlight sent a dull green veil shimmering down from the leaves, almost like a warm and soothing blanket. The cat sighed as they walked, and before long, they had the luck to find the lake. "Look! We found it!" He cheered, looking around. "Where did you take off your scarf at?"
Erin smiled when they reached the lake, "Yay! I told you we could find it!" He said, happy. He studied the shore of the lake, "Well, I tied the scarf to a tree branch near the edge of the lake, THERE IT IS!" He said as he saw his prized scarf blowing in the wind, still attached to the tree. He smiled at Terry, "Come on, let's go get it!" He said as he started to walk towards it.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

As Erin and Terry approached the scarf, a sudden gust of wind blasted down the hill from behind. The scarf whipped around in the wind for a few precious seconds before the tie gave and it was taken by the breeze, carrying it through the air, across the lake, as if it were a bird flying to the other side....

==== So, at the Zoo ====
FunkyChickenFace wrote:(Chichu was on Frank?)
Frank sighed, patting Chichu on the head. "You alright, kiddo?"
Chichu blinked and looked around for a second before looking up at Frank, "I think so... What just happened?"

Mylo stood up and ran to Rikki, grabbing his good leg in a hug, "I'm sorry Mr. Rikki! I didn't mean to hurt your leg! I don't wanna wrestle anymore..." She looked up at him with sad eyes.
Rikki smiled down at her with a sigh, "It's ok little one, I told you, I'm not mad. C'mere..." He bent over and picked her up, hugging her in his arms, "Why don't you just sit with me, alright?"
Mylo hugged into him: he had a soft belly. "Ok Mr. Rikki..."
Rikki carried her back to his seat and climbed up into it, setting her in his lap...
Kinut shrugged in his seat across from him, "See? No harm done anywhere..."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
FunkyChickenFace

Matt sighed. He quietly petted Darin as he sat down on the ground. It was good to see that a crisis had been averted.

---

"I'm not entirely sure. Sounds like Rikki got bitten a bit too hard?
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin snuggled against Matt, enjoying the petting. He turned his head to Rikki, eyeing the Raccoon's wound. Poor Rikki, his scar must hurt now...
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Kinut looked over at Frank to answer, "No, that wasn't Mylo. Rikki's scar has some weak skin on it, which brings me to my unanswered question: Rikki, where did you get that scar?"
Rikki went a bit pale, looking up at his father, "Well... see... it's a bit of a long story..."
Jack twiddled his thumbs next to him...
FunkyChickenFace

Matt shrugged. "I'm an artist. I like long stories! Actually, I'm not sure what being an artist has to do with anything....."
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

DarkHeartsAndSuch wrote:"Well..." Kylie turned to Pifer. "I'm still not all that hungry." She smiled at him, rubbing his shoulder with her paw. "So I think we should start looking for the pets. You know where any are?"
Pifer shrugged his shoulder, looking around. "Usually they're just wondering the streets. They tend to stay in groups." He grabbed Kylie's hand again and started to walk. "I'm sure if we keep moving we'll run into someone."

-----------------
ctcmjh wrote:Erin smiled when they reached the lake, "Yay! I told you we could find it!" He said, happy. He studied the shore of the lake, "Well, I tied the scarf to a tree branch near the edge of the lake, THERE IT IS!" He said as he saw his prized scarf blowing in the wind, still attached to the tree. He smiled at Terry, "Come on, let's go get it!" He said as he started to walk towards it.
Terry almost skipped after Erin, grinning. "We did that a lot faster than I thought we would." He giggled. "I was almost sure we'd get lost."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Erin nodded and smiled at Terry. But he noticed that the scarf blew off of the tree and was floating above the lake, "Oh no! Terry look!" He said as he pointed to the scarf. He quickly took his collar off, "We have to go get it!"
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Terry was in the water before Erin spoke. He swam out as fast as he could, not wanting to give the scarf time to sink. As he neared the cloth, it slipped under the surface of the lake, and Terry dove.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Erin looked as Terry dove under the water to get his scarf. He watched intently from the shore, "Be careful Terry!" He called after him.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

The scarf was carried deep into a cavern underneath the water. As Terry followed, the current overtook him, dragging him down...

He was running out of air when he suddenly came up in... shallow water? He'd come across some sort of underground air-pocket with a river flowing through its bottom. He could barely see, even with his cat eyesight, but one thing he did see was the scarf being carried quickly away by the current of the underground river,..
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin remained silent cuddled up against Matt. He had heard the story before.

-------------

Cale went into the bathroom and went to work re-bandaging his foot. I hope this goes away soon. I don't know how long I can stand all this stupid limping and pain."
DarkHeartsAndSuch

JOFOXX wrote:Pifer shrugged his shoulder, looking around. "Usually they're just wondering the streets. They tend to stay in groups." He grabbed Kylie's hand again and started to walk. "I'm sure if we keep moving we'll run into someone."
Kylie smiled. "Guess it's up to one of those 'groups' if we run into anyone." She hugged Pifer for a second before turning back in front of her.

Meanwhile... (Kytes post soon to come...)

RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Yes, please," Old Kinut said, "I'd like to hear an explanation."
"Well..." Rikki began, "It was the winter after you left that I ended up at the station because I got caught in a poacher's trap," he omitted a part, "I ended up getting really close to Ranger Jack here, and after I got out he sort of got into a fight with a mountain lion, and I tried to protect him, but I sorta ended up... well, you can guess the rest..."
Old Kinut raised a brow, "So... You attacked a fully-grow mountain lion?"
Rikki felt a bit hesitant, "Yeah... Then Jack shot it..."
Old Kinut looked at him for a bit before finally commenting, "Well, that wasn't the brightest move, but at least I know I taught you to fight well. I hope you've learned from the experience..."
Rikki nodded at him without saying anything, jack leaning over to pat him on the shoulder.
FunkyChickenFace

Matt and Frank were stunned.
"Wait. Waitwaitwaitwait. You attacked a FULLY GROWN MOUNTAIN LION....
"....and SURVIVED?!!!"
"H-how does that WORK?!!"
"Sure, Jack came and shot it, but how'd you last more than ten seconds against it?!"
FunkyChickenFace

((Posting for RockstarRaccoon, who has interweb failure or something. Not the right color, but close enough, I think. ))

Rikki sighed, "I don't understand why you housepets always think the ability of a wild animal to survive is such a big deal, even rabbits and mice know how to put up a fight. If we didn't, we wouldn't last long without someone to feed, shelter, and protect us. Now, a mountain lion is like any other large animal: you jump on its head and attack from there. All raccoons know how to fight like that, it's basic survival. Now, yes, I did fight a mountain lion, but I didn't win. That's the important part. If Jack hadn't been there, it would've torn me to pieces pretty soon..."

Jack nodded, "And if Rikki hadn't knocked it off of me, I'd be dead too..."

----

Matt and Frank were still stunned.
"Wow. Regardless, Rikki, that's pretty awesome, that you can take on a mountain lion. Even if all raccoons know how to fight like that, that doesn't mean they all can do it and survive."
"Yeah, man! You must be, like, super strong or something."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki actually scoffed a bit at that, "It was nothing special. Maybe it was brave, but it was no feat of strength. I simply took what I knew and applied it, no special talent necessary."
Jack sighed, "Yeah, guys, Rikki's not too fond of taking praise for it... so..." he looked down at his watch absently, "So it's 6:00, I hate to cut this meeting short, but we need to get going soon..."
Rikki sighed and looked down at the pup in his lap, giving her a hug, "Goodbye little one..."
The other raccoons started walking over to him to say their goodbyes...
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Terry gasped for breath, squinting around in the pitch-blackness. The sounds of his panting and the churning he made in the water echoed off of the cavern's walls. he strained to keep sight of the scarf as he waded after it.
FunkyChickenFace

Frank and Matt made the requisite greetings (or un-greetings, as it were), with Frank depositing the raccoon pup back on its feet by its parents and Matt putting Darin on his shoulders for a ride.
"It was nice meeting you!" said Matt.
"Yeah! It was fun!" added Frank.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin held onto Matt's head, "Aww, we gotta go already?"
FunkyChickenFace

"I know you wanna play, kiddo, but we need dinner," said Matt, looking up at Darin's face. "Besides, I don't know how to get home from here..."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki nodded, looking up as he released Chichu from a hug, "Don't worry little one, I'm sure we'll be back here often." He turned to Chiku and hugged her too...
"Yeah, Don't worry," said Jack, "we'll be sure to come visit here every week."
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin looked to Jack and Rikki, "Can I come visit too?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Jack chuckled, "Of course! That's what I meant! We're going to come and visit everyone as a group, every week, from now on." He reached out to ruffle Darin's head, which was just below eye-level on Matt's shoulders.
FunkyChickenFace

Matt looked up at Jack. "You're tall." Frank nodded in agreement.
"Anyway, are we headed out? I assume I'll follow you back to the station."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Jack nodded, waiting at the door as Rikki gave his father a warm hug, which ended with a lick, "Yeah, we'll just finish up some stuff at the station, and you should be able to find your way back from there..."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Erin looked around at the lake, "Oh no, Terry's been under really long. Hold on Terry!" He calls before he jumps into the water, swimming as fast as he could to where he last saw Terry.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Erin, like Terry, was sucked down by the same current into the cavern...
Neko

Post by Neko »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Steve coughed out another laugh, "Only yesterday and you're already making out? Wow Sid, you're a fast one. Next thing we know, you two'll be having kitten-puppies or something." He laughed, Sid shooting him an obscene gesture with his paw.
Sam turned her head away from Steve, fighting back a blush. "Heh heh..."

-------

Darin giggled then gave a confused look afterwards. "The station? Aren't I gonna go to Matt and Frank's house?"
FunkyChickenFace

Matt laughed sheepishly. "I, uh, don't actually know how to get back home from here, Darin, hehe." Frank nodded.
"You'll quickly learn that Dad's got no sense of direction. He just memorizes landmarks."
"Speek for yourself, Frank. You got lost going down the hall once."
"But YOU got so lost in Chicago we almost ran out of gas in the middle of disputed territory between two gangs."
"And YOU got so lost you once walked into a g-..."
Frank punched Matt in the kidneys, blushing madly. "We are NOT going to talk about THAT EVENT."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Jack started leading them out as Rikki walked away from his father, who waved back with his new family as Rikki parted with his own wave, following the others. Jack turned to Darin to explain, "You're going home with them, but Matt has to fill out some papers to formally adopt you, which means we all need to go down to the station before you go home." He smiled, "Don't worry, it'll only take about an hour once we get there..."

(( lol, about an hour ))
-------- Meanwhile --------
"Shut up you-" Sid called Steve something nasty, obscene, and somewhat funny because it was bizarre, causing him to bust out laughing as Sid gave him a playfully annoyed look. Sid suddenly remembered that Sam was there and chucked a bit, scratching the back of his head nas he exchanged a softer word with her, "Oh... um.. we're just kidding around, obviously..."
"Yeah, we all know Sid's the real-" Steve paused his laughing to call Sid the same thing, "-here."
Sid went back to his annoyed peering...
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.