Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Atari

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by Atari »

"Gaah... rain... it doesn't stop..." Kyra had been walking for an amount of time that she didn't know, but it seemed to get darker, so it was a while. Along the way, to her luck, she found a binder-like thing that she held over her head, but that didn't mean she dried off. She eventually made it to her home, still soaked. She noticed that she, still, didn't have a key. She sighed. "This door better be open..." She opened the door, and it opened. When she walked in, the lights were off, and it appeared nobody was in the house. "Okay, this isn't the night to scare me. And if you left the door unlocked and left..." She took a step inside, when she heard a noise, one unidentifiable to her. "H-Hello...? It's okay, I won't hurt you, as long as-- AAH!" Something knocked her down, and she noticed that it was a fox-- no, it just looked like one. Some kind of dog, that was what she knew. "I didn't... mean... attack me..." she was still in shock from being tackled to the ground.
"Oh, sorry, I-I didn't mean to hurt you..." the intruder backed away a little bit, its head slightly hung.
"Huh? Oh... it's... you didn't hurt me that much... but I'm wondering how you got inside... where's your home, anyway? I'll take you there tomorrow, if I can."
The other looked up. "Home? I was told that this was home..." It snapped in Kyra's mind what was going on. So that's why they were gone... "Well, in that case, what's your name?"
"I-I'm Arro..." Well, he was surely the confusing one. Kyra sighed. "Well, it's getting late, anyway. Do you have somewhere to sleep?"
"Ah, yea... no, not really. They said anywhere, they're getting me a bed tomorrow." Just like them, Kyra thought, never looking ahead.
"Ah, well... how about the... eh... the couch?" She sat on it to show it was comfortable, but winced as she heard a loud crunch come from it. "Ah, well... that's not gonna... Y'know what? I'll take the couch, you can take my bed, I guess, I'll take the couch. Just, don't touch my stuff."
"Okay! Thank you... uh... K-Ky... ra? Yeah, I think that's what they said..." Well, they planned to some extent. Or he was lucky with overhearing them or something. Kyra went to lie down on the bed, wondering what caused that crunching noise in the couch, anyway. Well, the least she could do was make sure he had somewhere to sleep, that was mildly comfortable.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

"Huh?" Sid stopped: he had slipped that out, he might as well go a bit further. "Uh, well... I don't like my eyes... they.... don't look good. So, um, anyway." He started flipping back to a photo of himself as a curious and excited kitten in a shelter photo with some measuring sticks held up to him. The glasses had been drawn here too, and some of the information had been blacked out with it, but the edge of a paper note stuck out from under it. "This is me as a kitten, I managed to get it from the shelter after dad adopted me. Cute huh?"

-------- Back outside that room --------
"OH REALLY." Rikki said, "Well then, it sounds like you need a place to stay while you're here. I'm sure Pifer here wouldn't mind sharing his den with you, eh buddy?" He gave Pifer a look, bouncing his eyebrows.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Huh?" Sid stopped: he had slipped that out, he might as well go a bit further. "Uh, well... I don't like my eyes... they.... don't look good. So, um, anyway." He started flipping back to a photo of himself as a curious and excited kitten in a shelter photo with some measuring sticks held up to him. The glasses had been drawn here too, and some of the information had been blacked out with it, but the edge of a paper note stuck out from under it. "This is me as a kitten, I managed to get it from the shelter after dad adopted me. Cute huh?"
Kytes laughed, "Yeah," I guess. He noticed the slip of paper sticking out from behind the photo. "What's this?" he asked, reaching out to grab it.
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Before Sid could stop him, Kytes could already read the note. Sid had copied down some of the information from the photo before blacking it out.
Sid wrote:Name: Cyclops
Breeder: Jacob Austin
Rejected from pet store for Unacceptable Deformity.
"HEY! Gimme that!" Sid snatched the paper from Kytes, shoving it back behind the photo and slamming the book shut, "I never said you could just take random notes out of my book! What the-" he swore a bit "-is wrong with you?" He zipped the binder of the book back up and shoved it back in his pocket, "I'm done showing you stuff." He said, in a bad mood again, crossing his arms and lying back on the armrest, the skin in his ears turning a little redder.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Zander wrote: Joy struggled to get Shep up the stairs, but they finally made it to the top. "D- do you need me to tell your dad? o- or call the vet. or something?" She was almost in tears thinking about Shep's pain, it reminded her of when she fell.
Sam slowly lowered Shep to the ground, "I'll go find your dad." She stood back up and rushed through the house finally finding Robert, she approach him and pulled on his sleeve. "Hey uh, your dog Shep fell and hurt himself. You might need to take him to the clinic, he's over by the basement entrance." She grabbed his sleeve and starting leading him to where Shep and Joy were.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
DarkHeartsAndSuch

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Before Sid could stop him, Kytes could already read the note. Sid had copied down some of the information from the photo before blacking it out.
[quote="Sid"]Name: Cyclops
Breeder: Jacob Austin
Rejected from pet store for Unacceptable Deformity.
"HEY! Gimme that!" Sid snatched the paper from Kytes, shoving it back behind the photo and slamming the book shut, "I never said you could just take random notes out of my book! What the-" he swore a bit "-is wrong with you?" He zipped the binder of the book back up and shoved it back in his pocket, "I'm done showing you stuff." He said, in a bad mood again, crossing his arms and lying back on the armrest, the skin in his ears turning a little redder.[/size][/quote]
Kytes leaned back into his chair. "I'm sorry, again. You-" he had started, but then thought better of it. He closed his eyes, Wonder what 'Unexceptable Deformity' means.
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid sighed, trying to calm himself down... "Did... You didn't manage to read that... Did you?" he said, a little soft, a note of worry in his voice. He was hoping he wouldn't have to face this part of his past, the part he wanted to leave behind, his given name...
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Neko wrote:
Zander wrote: Joy struggled to get Shep up the stairs, but they finally made it to the top. "D- do you need me to tell your dad? o- or call the vet. or something?" She was almost in tears thinking about Shep's pain, it reminded her of when she fell.
Sam slowly lowered Shep to the ground, "I'll go find your dad." She stood back up and rushed through the house finally finding Robert, she approach him and pulled on his sleeve. "Hey uh, your dog Shep fell and hurt himself. You might need to take him to the clinic, he's over by the basement entrance." She grabbed his sleeve and starting leading him to where Shep and Joy were.

"Nnng....agh! God this is killin' me!" Shep whimpered as his foot touched the ground, causing him to recoil and silently scream. He gripped Joy's hand tight, hoping it might bring some relief.

"What?! Shep is injured?!" Robert cried out shortly after this fox came to tell him the bad news. His eyes widdened as he saw his pet husky curled up on the ground already in mind numbing pain. He quickly fetched the first aid kit from the kitchen and ran back to him, opening up some bandages and getting an ice pack from the fridge. He motioned for to help comfort him while he admistered medical aid. "Hold on boy, this will sting a lil'" Robert said softly as he put the ice pack on his ankle.
"AAAAGGGHHH!!!!" Shep screamed as the coldness bit into his ankle.

Dr. Prower wrote:
"Someone watch Enya!" Jacob shouted, "I have to go get help!" He ran  across the street and ran straight into Enya's house. "DR. RASHID!!!"
"Gah! What..." Dr Rashid jumped from his seat in his office as Jacob's tiny voice hollered through the intercom. "Uh..yes Mr Jacob? Is something the matter???" Dr Rashid asked, sounding urgent.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
DarkHeartsAndSuch

"I only glanced at it before you grabbed it," Kytes said without moving. "I read two words, 'Unacceptable Deformity.' I would ask, but if you don't want to talk about it, I'd understand."

RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid flinched a bit, "Yeah... uh..." He was feeling really vulnerable, but was now actually trying to be friends with Kytes. He wasn't sure what to do. "There's... uh... something wrong with my eyes, and I don't like people seeing them because of that, so..." He was really getting uncomfortable with what Kytes was getting out of him, he shouldn't have showed him the book.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Felix stood for a minute in the hallway, a crash of loud thunder echoed through the walls, Felix flinched and down the hall and into a room, breathing hard he turned around, to be met with 2 cats. "err-... hi?" he said to either of them.

Joy grabbed Shep's hand back, almost feeling the pain through his squeeze... or was it that he was squeezing to hard? Anyway, Joy watched helpless, wishing she could do something to help further.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Kytes looked over at Sid. "That makes sense, not wanting to show your eyes." Kytes looked back in front of him. "You've been nice to show me all this stuff of yours, but I've got nothing to show you. Nothing worth bragging about, anyway."

RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid looked up as the door opened, trying to straighten his emotions, "Hey, whaddo you want?" He didn't recognize the cat, but they seemed familiar...
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Sam slowly walked away from Shep, Joy and Robert, confident that the problem would be handled. Not to mention she couldn't stand his cries of pain. I wonder if Sid is still here, hopefully he didn't run off cause I still have his jacket. She wondered around the house, seeing Zeke busy with other pets. She kept walking around the house when she saw another cat disappear behind a door. Maybe he's back there, she went down to the door and opened it, seeing Sid, Kytes and another cat. She turned her attention to Sid, "Oh hey, I found you." She smiled.
Zander

Post by Zander »

"I was just looking... for... my friends.." Felix already was horrified by the lightning, but now he was worried that he would get pushed around for the third time today, by pets that Rikki had said were "Mostly nice"
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Kytes hadn't heard the cat come in the room until Sid mentioned him. "Huh?" he said as he turned to the door. "Oh, well I don't think they'd be in here."

RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid's ears perked up at the sight of Sam, "Hey sam! You find Zeke alright?" He smiled and scooted up in his chair and gestured for her to come sit in his lap, still sitting sideways for the most part.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Sam walked past the cat near the door, taking a seat with Sid in the chair. " Well apparently him and another cat went into the basement, lights explode, bullets went off, and then I came in and we all rushed back up, but yea he's fine. I don't think he even noticed that we were gone. I saw him socializing with other pets so I came and found you." She leaned against Sid smiling.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid chuckled, pulling her close into a hug, "See? I told you not to worry about him." He nuzzled a bit at her side, "So, I've been talking to Kytes, and he says he's gonna be a little nicer now, right Kytes?" He looked over at Kytes.
DarkHeartsAndSuch

"Yeah, I'm working on it." Kytes was a little uncomfortable with seeing Sam and Sid together the way they were, thinking it was "unnatural," but didn't say anything about it.

RP Characters
Neko

Post by Neko »

Sam wrapped her arm around Sid feeling a bit uncomfortable. She didn't hate Kytes like she had before, but she didn't seem him in a whole new light either. She still had a bit of a grudge for him, though trying to give him a second chance. "That's good, it would suck if you had the whole neighborhood disliking you." Sam mentally facepawed, maybe I shouldn't have said that last bit...
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid hugged her, pulling her in so that she was lying on top of him, "Yeah, I don't think he has to worry about that, as long as he doesn't make anymore enemies he should be fine..." he chuckled, trying to cover for her slip.
DarkHeartsAndSuch

"Yeah..." Kytes sighed. He was already up-side down in his chair again, the same way as before. "So," trying to change the topic off of his mistakes, he turned to Sam. "The chaos from the fire hasn't subsided yet, has it?"

RP Characters
Neko

Post by Neko »

Sam had forgotten about the fire after getting mixed up in helping Shep. "I didn't see the fire anywhere so I guess someone put it out. I kind of got mixed up in helping Shep though after he hurt himself..."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid chuckled, "Yeah, the guy who owns the place thought it'd be a good idea to bring the grill inside and it set the trash on fire. I got it with the sink hose though, so it's fine." He rubbed Sam's stomach with a paw, his tail flicking from side to side.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Pifer cringed at Kylie's story. "I'm sorry." He started to say, but was cut off by Rikki. Pifer stared at the raccoon, one eyebrow raised and unable to speak. Pifer looked frantically between Rikki and Kylie. "I-He-Er..." Pifer blew air through his teeth, drawing a hand down his face in exasperation. Finally, the weasel took a deep breath, and looked up at Kylie, his violet eyes shining. "Miss, if you have nowhere to stay, it would be my pleasure." He bowed deeply, shooting a sideways glare at Rikki.
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Kytes tried to ignore the duo's actions. "What happened to Shep?" he asked, even though he didn't know who that was.

~~~~~
Kylie noticed Rikki's eyebrows, but still kept her focus on Pifer. "That would be perfect," she said. "But please don't try to make me feel special, like you are now."

RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid looked up from snuggling into Sam's shoulder, "Shep? Oh yeah, I need to talk to him, where's he at?"

-------- Back outside that room --------

"Alright then," Rikki said with a smile, patting both their shoulders, "Sounds like you two are gonna be great friends. Well it was nice meeting you, Kylie, I'll see you around. I'm going to go see what that cat wanted..." With that, he walked off after the cat, purposefully leaving them alone.
Neko

Post by Neko »

"About that, he hurt himself. I think be sprained his ankle or something, his dad is taking care of him. He's in front of the basement entrance."
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Pifer laughed nervously, rubbing his neck. "S-Srry about that..." he waved goodbye to Rikki, fighting the urge to send crude remarks after him. Pifer turned back to Kylie and gave her an awkward smile. "Ahm... So. I can show you the den later. If you want to wait out the storm with me."
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Rubin wrote:Zeke noded his head, as if he remembered something, but he didn't. "Wait, did you just say fire-dust?" he paused mid word, trying to make sense of it. "What do- Are you from the south?" He took another patty and bit it too. so many questions were buzzing through his head, he found it hard to concentrate on just one. He asked another, "Why do you need feel like everything was your fault? Ya break a mirror or something?" He was genuinely curious, as he finished off the second patty, staring now at Trinket's pendant. it seemed to reflect the many colors in its jewel.
"You could say that. It's a bit more strange than that, but 'I'm not allowed to talk about it.' OooooOOOoooooOO!" he said hiding behind his hands while wiggling his fingers. He laughed, but it quickly subsided. "But when I said my bad luck rubs off on others, I meant it. Bad things happen to people that normally wouldn't, and it's caused because of me," he said with a grimace. "But now I'm wearing the banner, so bad-luck-be-gone!"
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid looked at her, concerned, "You, uh, think I should go help?"
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Kytes laid there on the chair, not contributing to the conversation in any way.

~~~~~
Kylie waved goodbye to Rikki. "Ok, I don't mind waiting," she said, turning back to Pifer. She was still a little wet from the rain.
Last edited by DarkHeartsAndSuch on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

RP Characters
Neko

Post by Neko »

"I don't think there is anything you could do. His dad has a first-aid kit and he's taking care of him, he should be fine." Sam gave Sid a reassuring hug.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid sighed, hugging her back, "Alright then, if he's alright, I guess I'll wait for him to be done. In the meantime..." He smiled pulled her into him, snuggling against her in the chair, purring a bit as he rubbed against her soft fur. This went on for about 20 seconds before something occurred to him. He stopped, turning his head to Kytes, "I'm sorry, is this bothering you? I kinda forgot that most pets like to keep to the whole same-species thing..."
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Kytes sighed, "Just a bit. But don't stop just because of me. If anything, I'll just leave."

RP Characters
Neko

Post by Neko »

Sam turned her attention to Kytes, "Sorry, we'll stop if it bothers you..." Sam blushes but it was barely noticeable, she wasn't used to showing affection in public, especially in front of someone she didn't particularly like.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid sat there, his arms still around Sam, unsure of what he should do...
DarkHeartsAndSuch

"No, I'll just go and let you two have your privacy," Kytes said, getting out of the chair and to his feet. "I'll see you guys later." He started heading out of the room.

RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Alright... I guess I'll see ya later..." he said, waving to Kytes, before turning back to Sam, "So... Looks like we're alone yet again..." He grinned, begging to rub her fur again...