Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

The Moon Howler

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by The Moon Howler »

[YsF]
Varg was first to grab a snack from the table and quickly ate it as he followed Alexander "Wait for me, pal."
Rion looked at all the snacks around and turned to Kat with a smile "Let's get some snacks, shall we?"
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
TheSilentChoice

Post by TheSilentChoice »

[BsM]
Neko wrote:Sam chuckled, turning with Therin and keeping up alongside him. When she heard a female voice, she turned and saw Therin's mother. Trying to be friendly, Sam waved to her as they passed. "So, did you move far to get here?" They came up to the corner of the street, Sam looking up and down the street. Tapping on Therin's shoulder, "This way."
Therin's ears went from being straight to laying flat against his skull as he stopped for a moment and waved back to Pura as he backwalked with Sam. "Later...ma!" He had tried to get away without catching Pura's attention. He liked her, but it was awkward for him now that she was supposed to be his mother. It made him feel awkward around her, especially when he had to call her mom. After he called out to her he turned and began walking normally again, doing his best to lead like he knew where he was going.

Well by the time they reached the street corner he had lost his sense of direction. Gratefully, before he could ask which way, Sam pointed him in the right direction and he smiled and wheeled on his heel, checking for any cars first of course before walking across the street. Only then did he answer the question he'd avoided....he hadn't wanted to move. "I came from L.A." He didn't sound too happy about moving at the moment....but his moods did seem to change constantly...since he had a stick he was using a s a cane within the next 30 seconds and was hopping about with it.
Needless~ (By Me)
We laughed at him because he was different,
He laughed at us because we were the same,
We chided him for his mind,
He chided us for ours were all the same,
We will never laugh the same way again,
He will never laugh again.
Neko

Post by Neko »

As Sam crossed the road with Therin, she noticed a figure in the distance turn the corner that lead to the park. 'Looks like someone else going to the playground too.' She turned her attention back to Therin, keeping pace alongside him. "Oh, L.A.? What's it like there? Ever see any celebrities?"

Darin turned the corner, smiling as he finally saw the playground. His tail began to wag as he made a beeline to his destination. The pup ran and jumped into the sand box, falling forward and rolling around in the sand. He giggled as he played around in the sand, always having found the sand box the most enjoyable. There was just something about the sand he found so fascinating, it was like dirt but only cleaner.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
TheSilentChoice

Therin had missed the person moving about the corner since currently he was concentrating on dodging every crack on the sidewalk with his little leafless twig trailing on the cement behind him. He knew they were close now. He practically SMELL the park.....which was actually his imagination at this time as he fantasized about the playground having a waterslide. He didn't really think there was probably be one....but it would be awesome if there was!

Only Sam's voice pulled him from his daydream and for a moment as he brain caught up he looked at her puzzled before he shook his head and looked up at the sky "Nah, I don't think so. Sometimes Dad and Pura would point at people liked I would know who they were, but none of them were familiar." Therin didn't really watch T.V. that much. So he missed out on some things.
Needless~ (By Me)
Neko

Post by Neko »

Sam nodded, "Yea, I understand. I don't follow celebrities or anything, I know a few though. It'd be interesting to meet someone famous though, see if there jerky in real life. So," She looked down at Therin's make shift cane. "What's with the cane, old chap?" Holding back a chuckle and impersonating her best British accident.
TheSilentChoice

Therin stopped as she gave him a British accent and snickered trying not to laugh as he composed himself. Pulling a face to look as if there was a bad smell in the air and holding out his arm with his "cane" at an overzealous angle, he walked in an exaggerated fashion he thought fancy British people walked in. In his absolute best British accent....which was honestly terrible since he was basing it solely off of Sam's he said as he continued for the park "Well I do say! Wot do ya mean why do I have a cane you cad! Its there to keep me from flopping into the blinkin' dirt me chap, wot wot!"

It took all of his will not to fall flat on his face laughing at it, since even he felt he sounded absolutely ridiculous combined with him swaggering all over the sidewalk.
Needless~ (By Me)
Neko

Post by Neko »

Sam laughed, stopping at the corner of the street. "I'm sorry but,*snicker* I thought my British accent was bad." She slowly stopped laughing, turning and continuing on the sidewalk. "C'mon, the playground is right on this street."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

(( Alexander! You're terrible at this safety thing! ))
(( I'ma repost this, 'cause it's been a while... ))
simple things wrote:Mom don’t get that, I got it co-“Alexander shouted from behind the group of pets at his door, before he was cut off by tripping and falling face first into the cold damp grass. “Ow…” he muttered, quickly proceeding to get back up and pick up some of the nine big boxes he had somehow attempted to carry.

Over the ground large amounts of assorted snacks and confectionary were scattered about. “Oh that’s just lovely, well done Alexander.” The canine said under his breath, before smiling and opening his arms.

Hello everyone! And welcome, if you guys can all just get around to the garage over there, we can get this thing started. And no worries, I will do my best to explain what I’ve found, and answer any questions anyone has.” The cattle dog said in a mouthful, before attempting to collect the many heavy boxes yet again and falling back over.

You know I could use a paw with these.” He said with a chuckle, setting the boxes back down and opening up one of them. He shuffled out loads of Twinkies and Sno-balls, before a white remote was exposed. “Ah, there we go!” he said enthusiastically, picking up a Twinkie and pulling off the wrapper. He popped the sweet into his mouth, before he pressed the command key on the device, and the large door to the garage began to open.

Freaking love these things…” He muffled, quickly munching the bar down and proceeded to enter his garage.

Just on this side of the table guys, I’ll have to grab some things I’ll need for the machine, but i shouldn’t be too long.” Alexander said, swiftly placing out some chairs and glasses on the chairs. The seats were placed so that everyone got a clear view of the work bench in the middle of the room, where Alexander could show everyone what he was doing.

On the table inside, a large punch bowl with juice was placed in the middle of it, a few other packs of potato chips could be seen poorly scattered about the table, and a wastebasket was on the right of it.

I’ll be just a minute, eat all you want and get comfortable, there's plenty of food there. If anyone needs to use the bathroom…come now.” the cattle dog said, opening the door that led from the Garage to the inner house.
The Moon Howler wrote:Varg was first to grab a snack from the table and quickly ate it as he followed Alexander "Wait for me, pal."
Rion looked at all the snacks around and turned to Kat with a smile "Let's get some snacks, shall we?"
Butch just sorta watched, arms crossed, as Alexander struggled comically with the boxes. He chuckled, "Well, looks like someone's got their paws full!", of course, he would easily have been able to handle them...

He followed Alexander, grabbing one of the snacks that had fallen on the ground. He glanced around at the interesting ((but undescribed)) environment that the inventor-hound apparently did work in. He gave a passing glance at the table and chairs, but just followed Alex into the house to talk to him. "So, wadja' wanna show us pal?" he asked causally, clearly trying to "bro around" with him.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Tha Housefox wrote:Arin was next to arrive, joining Spike, Kat, and Butch at the door before it was opened. She said hi to them all and gave Spike a hug.
Spike hugged back before Alexander arrived.
When Spike saw Alexander struggling with the snacks, he helped him take them into the garage.
The Moon Howler wrote:[YsF]
Varg was first to grab a snack from the table and quickly ate it as he followed Alexander "Wait for me, pal."
"Yeah, I love snacks," Kat said as she walked over to grab one of the glasses to get some punch.

"let's get some snacks too, Arin. I didn't get anything to eat after my workout this morning," Spike said as he realized he was getting hungry.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Arin picked up what she could to help out. She wondered to herself what the surprise was that Alexander seemed so excited about.
...On second thought, he always seemed excited. That only confused her more, and she just smiled.
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Yeah, I love snacks," Kat said as she walked over to grab one of the glasses to get some punch.
Rion followed her, taking a glass on his own, then took the ladle (let's assume there is a ladle) and poured some of the liquid in his and her glasses.
"To the wonderful company we have." the gray cat said just loud enough for Kat and those directly around him to hear, raising his glass lightly in a comical way.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Mystic Wolf

Post by Mystic Wolf »

Mystic grinned when Alexander fell. "Oh, Alexander, what won't happen to you...". He then stretched and helped him as he could. He wasn't hungry so he didn't take a snack, he just sat on the side of the table and waited. He didn't like great gatherings at all, he felt a bit uncomfortable.
Do you want me to level up? Click here! Shame that I can't show the pic here due to the size...

Image Image Image Image
-
Image Image
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Max wandered around town again looking to see what he could find worth doing. He could perhaps run to the train store again or maybe some model store or anything really.

Nate was just happy that Max wasn't running. Then it gets rather hard to hold on.
TheSilentChoice

Neko wrote:Sam laughed, stopping at the corner of the street. "I'm sorry but,*snicker* I thought my British accent was bad." She slowly stopped laughing, turning and continuing on the sidewalk. "C'mon, the playground is right on this street."
Therin however, chuckled enjoyably at her obvious enjoyment and his own enjoyment. He even took on a limping gait, though it was obviously faked since he kept switching the limping leg, and continued on for the playground, his excitement was obviously building as he got closer

"Oh! Oh! Sam! Does the park have one of those spinny turny things?" *he makes a few elaborate motions with his hands that he might as well have been trying to draw a blimp for all that it counted for. It was terrible.
Needless~ (By Me)
Neko

Post by Neko »

Sam thought for a moment, "The merry-go-round? Yea, it has one of those. Are they one of your favorite things about play grounds? They are pretty much, especially when someone can spin it really fast." She smiled at that, remembering past memories.
simple things
Location: Up the gutter, onto the tree, up to the roof, and onto neverland. <3

Post by simple things »

Alexander continued to rush along, his feet quickly moving along the ground as he pushed Varg along. “It’s up the stairs, down the right hall, and the first door on your left.” Alexander said in a mumbled slur, as his paw hit a button on the garage wall. The walls inside the room began to turn and flip, exposing the true nature of the garage.

Devices of all kinds were up on the Velcro walls, including objects like: attempted Ray guns, open computer parts, glowing rings, many computer screens, and a large cinema display. He was quite the packrat.
RockstarRaccoon wrote:(( Alexander! You're terrible at this safety thing! ))
(( I'ma repost this, 'cause it's been a while... ))

He followed Alexander, grabbing one of the snacks that had fallen on the ground. He glanced around at the interesting ((but undescribed)) environment that the inventor-hound apparently did work in. He gave a passing glance at the table and chairs, but just followed Alex into the house to talk to him. "So, wadja' wanna show us pal?" he asked causally, clearly trying to "bro around" with him.
Oh, hello there!” Alexander said with a bright smile, shining his teeth to the stranger.

Well, it’s a very interesting thing actually!” He said, slipping on a lab coat as he explained the plan to the large dog.

I came across a device that was made up of an organic as well as an unidentifiable material. Somehow the structure of the physical device is an amalgamation of each material, giving off the effect as if it were repeatedly jumping back and forth in real time, but staying perfectly the same way. It’s…strange, it’s like the device is fighting back, as if it had a kind of immune system that basically protected it from any physical damage, no matter how hard you tried… And I know as silly as this sounds, but it’s a kind of data mutation, giving off a kind of shining effect in UV rays."

"My computer has been scanning the base of the device, but we can’t seem to track down what the actual alloy for this. Apparently, it’s something that’s not found on this planet, but hopefully, we’ll be able to track down what it really is from the machine I’ll be building, which I still need to grab the parts for. I’ll be only a few moments, enjoy some snacks in the meantime friend.” Alexander said in a rush, quickly moving along up the stairs to his room.
TheSilentChoice

Therin had to pause for a moment, he thought a merry go round was the horse thing...but he had never been sure. Still he smiled and his tail began flopping about in anticipation "Yes! I love them. At my old home, there was this big husky who spun it so fast. Once, I even lost my grip and went rolling through the sand." His face was quite lit up, so it didn't sound like falling off was a bad experience.

He looked over to Sam, noticing she seemed to be daydreaming and fell silent for the moment.
Needless~ (By Me)
Neko

Post by Neko »

[BsM]

((OOC, it is called a merry-Go-Round. I looked it up.))

Sam slowed to a stop, "Well this is it. Slides, swings, a big sandbox, monkey bars, you name it and you can find it." She turned to Therin, smile on her face. "What do you think?"

Darin stopped rolling in the big sand box, having heard voices. He sat up as sand rolled off his fur, looking over at the new arrivals to the playground. The pup recognized Sam, but wasn't sure if he'd ever met the other one. 'Who's that?'
TheSilentChoice

[BsM]

((OOC: I figured it was something like that. My father called them a whirligig. *shrugs* Not important))

Therin was disappoint. Only that it met his standards though. He had been silently hoping for a free fall chamber, but of course that was ridiculous, but hey. What if? Still, by the fact he was sniffing at the air curiously and looking from each of the ride to try to decide which one to go on first. He was obviously excited.

Thanks to his lack of perceptive skills, he totally did not notice the pup at all, either by sight or scent. Since he was looking at the big color spots. Turning to Sam with his eyes practically dancing he whispered, only since he was trying not to bark it out as best he could "Which one to go on first?" He was being polite after all, Sam brought him here, so he didn't want to just tear off without her and leave her all alone.
Needless~ (By Me)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

==== Yorkshire Fields ====
simple things wrote:Oh, hello there!” Alexander said with a bright smile, shining his teeth to the stranger.

Well, it’s a very interesting thing actually!” He said, slipping on a lab coat as he explained the plan to the large dog.

I came across a device that was made up of an organic as well as an unidentifiable material. Somehow the structure of the physical device is an amalgamation of each material, giving off the effect as if it were repeatedly jumping back and forth in real time, but staying perfectly the same way. It’s…strange, it’s like the device is fighting back, as if it had a kind of immune system that basically protected it from any physical damage, no matter how hard you tried… And I know as silly as this sounds, but it’s a kind of data mutation, giving off a kind of shining effect in UV rays."

"My computer has been scanning the base of the device, but we can’t seem to track down what the actual alloy for this. Apparently, it’s something that’s not found on this planet, but hopefully, we’ll be able to track down what it really is from the machine I’ll be building, which I still need to grab the parts for. I’ll be only a few moments, enjoy some snacks in the meantime friend.” Alexander said in a rush, quickly moving along up the stairs to his room.
"Uh..." Butch was a bit taken aback, not wanting to task his simple brain with understanding the stream of technical information, "So... You're gonna do some science thing...? Like, you're making a new invention or something?" He really wasn't even trying to understand what Alexander was going on about, because it wasn't simplified for him. All he knew was that Alexander was very involved in the tech-firm his deceased owner had founded...

(( and you know what needs to be gotten back to? ))
======== Back in the Brookshire Wildlife Preserve ========
RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Wait..." Rikki moved to follow her, "You don't have to go right now." He sighed, "I don't think the forest'll get to upset if you need to spend the night or something. Why don't you tell me a bit about yourself?"
Neko wrote:Lorna stopped, taking in Rikki's words. 'I don't get this guy, one minute he looks like he's going to attack me and the next he's asking me to hang around.' She looked to the ground with conflicted emotions, internally debating with herself. After a few moments the wolf finally spoke, "There's not much to tell. I'm just a wolf looking for somewhere to go."
"Well," Rikki said, "Why don't you tell me what you're looking for at the moment now, and maybe we can talk while we go there?"
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Max began to backtrack, heading for the park. He spotted two other pets playing there as he got near.
Neko

Post by Neko »

"Go do whatever you like, I'll follow along." Sam looked around the playground, "The merry go-...Hm?" She spotted a wolf pup in the sandbox towards the back of the playground. "Darin, is that you?" she called out, trying to better make out the figure.

Darin waved weakly back in return, knowing the Fox from previous encounters. They had met several times, but never quite hung out together a whole lot. She was definitely no stranger though.

RockstarRaccoon wrote: "Well," Rikki said, "Why don't you tell me what you're looking for at the moment now, and maybe we can talk while we go there?"
"You already said there's no room for me here..." Lorna paused for a moment, "Can you show me where I can get something to drink? I haven't had anything to drink all day." She watched the Rikki expectantly, he must surely know where water was found.
TheSilentChoice

Therin had of course already decided where he wanted to go first. Which was the merry-go-round, but he wanted to see what Sam said as well. He ALMOST tore off as she started to say it, but paused as she called out to someone else he had obviously not seen. The waving certainly helped though and he waved back even if the pup wasn't waving at him. He didn't care, he was on a high horse for being at the park and had no reason not to try to befriend the pup.
Needless~ (By Me)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Neko wrote:"You already said there's no room for me here..." Lorna paused for a moment, "Can you show me where I can get something to drink? I haven't had anything to drink all day." She watched the Rikki expectantly, he must surely know where water was found.
"Yeah, this way..." Rikki turned a little and started half-leading her in a direction that wasn't too far from the one they'd been walking in, "There's a stream with a good spot down this way..."
Neko

Post by Neko »

Sam turned her attention back to Therin, Deciding to keep her attention on him for now. She could introduce Darin to Therin after showing him around. "Well, what are you waiting for? Have you decided what to do yet?"

Darin lowered his pawing, seeing that the two were busy. That was perfectly fine with him, flopping back into the sand. He almost thought about leaving to get his sand box toys, but decided against it as Matt would probably find an excuse to keep him home.

'Finally, maybe something good will happen today.' Lorna nodded and followed the raccoon, tail swaying back and forth behind her. She was growing more curious about this raccoon, which was normally for meeting an animal for the first time. The only problem being that of how awkward it'd be to start asking 20 questions, and that she wasn't too good at striking up conversations. Her talks with Eric were always a bit odd, compared to what she had known to be the social norm from TV.

"So, uh...I take it you been here a long time?" Lorna wanted to slap herself, why did she ask that? It was apparent that the raccoon was a bit old and that he was familiar with the area. Of course he had been here for awhile, but it was the only thing she could think of to say.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki nodded, "Oh yeah, I was born here." he gestured to the area, "I've been all over this forest and the area around it. Even in the human development that they built near by..." he glanced back at her, "So... I gather you've been around humans a bit before?"
Neko

Post by Neko »

'Human development, have to be careful about that...I don't think humans would take so well to a wondering wolf. Lorna looked down to the raccoon. "Oh, yea...Just one, not a big deal or anything." She paused, trying to think of a way to change the subject. "So...Are there other raccoon's here?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

The Moon Howler wrote:Rion followed her, taking a glass on his own, then took the ladle (let's assume there is a ladle) and poured some of the liquid in his and her glasses.
"To the wonderful company we have." the gray cat said just loud enough for Kat and those directly around him to hear, raising his glass lightly in a comical way.
Kat joined in the toast.
simple things wrote:Alexander continued to rush along, his feet quickly moving along the ground as he pushed Varg along. “It’s up the stairs, down the right hall, and the first door on your left.” Alexander said in a mumbled slur, as his paw hit a button on the garage wall. The walls inside the room began to turn and flip, exposing the true nature of the garage.

Devices of all kinds were up on the Velcro walls, including objects like: attempted Ray guns, open computer parts, glowing rings, many computer screens, and a large cinema display. He was quite the packrat.
She watched as the walls came to life, and her eyes lit up to see the wide array of objects upon the wall.
"Wow, you really are a scientist."
Spike was speechless as he saw this.
simple things wrote:I came across a device that was made up of an organic as well as an unidentifiable material. Somehow the structure of the physical device is an amalgamation of each material, giving off the effect as if it were repeatedly jumping back and forth in real time, but staying perfectly the same way. It’s…strange, it’s like the device is fighting back, as if it had a kind of immune system that basically protected it from any physical damage, no matter how hard you tried… And I know as silly as this sounds, but it’s a kind of data mutation, giving off a kind of shining effect in UV rays."

Kat's eyes lit up even more and she started bouncing up and down. "OMGOMGANALIENDEVICEIT'SPROBABLYAWEAPONORAPROBEORATIMETRAVELINGDIMENSIONALTRANSPORTER..." at this point she was rambling off possibilities faster than anyone could understand. she may have even stopped saying words. who knows?
(Translation just to make it easier to read: OMG! OMG! An alien device. It's probably a weapon. or a probe. or a time-traveling dimensional transporter.)

Spike was too busy being distracted by all the technical terms Alexander had just used to be annoyed and remind her that no one could understand her.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Neko wrote:Sam turned her attention back to Therin, Deciding to keep her attention on him for now. She could introduce Darin to Therin after showing him around. "Well, what are you waiting for? Have you decided what to do yet?"

Darin lowered his pawing, seeing that the two were busy. That was perfectly fine with him, flopping back into the sand. He almost thought about leaving to get his sand box toys, but decided against it as Matt would probably find an excuse to keep him home.
Max approached the sandbox, seeing another pet there. "Hey, I'm Max, I just moved in here," he said happily, "I've been trying to explore and meet everyone. What's your name?"
TheSilentChoice

Therin looked over to Sam practically beaming and nodded eagerly as he jogged for the Merry-Go-Round in a silent answer, each paw step jingling both his little medallions on his collar and his stick trailing across the ground, leaving a bit of a snake like pattern underfoot. However, upon reaching the wheel, he paused and waited for Sam and asked quizzically. "Wait, are we both going to push then jump on....or take turns pushing each other?"

A VERY important question no doubt. The universe may even hang in the balance....but probably not.
Needless~ (By Me)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Neko wrote:'Human development, have to be careful about that...I don't think humans would take so well to a wondering wolf. Lorna looked down to the raccoon. "Oh, yea...Just one, not a big deal or anything." She paused, trying to think of a way to change the subject. "So...Are there other raccoon's here?"
"Uh... Yeah." Rikki answered, being a bit careful with his answer, "There are a couple of others in areas around here, all of them are pretty much fully grown..." he purposefully neglected to mention that his son lived south of them. "There's also a wolf pack a ways off, and plenty of others... Oh, and the rangers. There's Jack, he's like, the leader or something, and there's Melinda who helps people who get hurt, and there's Robert... I don't know what he does... I think he does paperwork... he also crashes cars and complains alot..." he shook his head a bit, getting off topic, "But anyway, yeah, they all work in a building not too far off..." He tried to find somewhere he was going with this, "Uh... Yeah, I sorta work for them, like, I write down numbers on how many animals there are at different times of year and report on human activities and check these numbers on these weird machines they leave around the forest... I think they're like... poison checkers or something..."

(( Yeah, I dunno... Rikki's sorta talking... I'm a bit weird-headed right now... ))
Neko

Post by Neko »

[BsM] (MASSIVE POST)
razgriz wrote: Max approached the sandbox, seeing another pet there. "Hey, I'm Max, I just moved in here," he said happily, "I've been trying to explore and meet everyone. What's your name?"
Darin jumped when he suddenly heard a strange voice above him, quickly sitting up to face the new comer. A cat stood outside the sandbox, introducing himself to the wolf pup. "Uh, hi...My name's Darin." The wolf was still a bit startled, unsure of what else to say.

TheSilentChoice wrote:Therin looked over to Sam practically beaming and nodded eagerly as he jogged for the Merry-Go-Round in a silent answer, each paw step jingling both his little medallions on his collar and his stick trailing across the ground, leaving a bit of a snake like pattern underfoot. However, upon reaching the wheel, he paused and waited for Sam and asked quizzically. "Wait, are we both going to push then jump on....or take turns pushing each other?"
Sam happily followed Therin, smiling at his eagerness. "Let's just take turns. I'm sure you're excited to ride first, right? I don't mind either way really." She watched the dog, finding him quite amusing with his energy of just going to the park.

RockstarRaccoon wrote: "Uh... Yeah." Rikki answered, being a bit careful with his answer, "There are a couple of others in areas around here, all of them are pretty much fully grown..." he purposefully neglected to mention that his son lived south of them. "There's also a wolf pack a ways off, and plenty of others... Oh, and the rangers. There's Jack, he's like, the leader or something, and there's Melinda who helps people who get hurt, and there's Robert... I don't know what he does... I think he does paperwork... he also crashes cars and complains alot..." he shook his head a bit, getting off topic, "But anyway, yeah, they all work in a building not too far off..." He tried to find somewhere he was going with this, "Uh... Yeah, I sorta work for them, like, I write down numbers on how many animals there are at different times of year and report on human activities and check these numbers on these weird machines they leave around the forest... I think they're like... poison checkers or something..."
Lorna listened to Rikki as they walked, the raccoon certainly had a lot to say. The bit about the wolves was mention before, but now it just reminded her how odd it sounded to hear about other wolves. She was certainly interested to meet another wolf, on the other paw she was reminded of how awkward the situation would be.'How would a conversation go with a feral wolf? They'd want to talk about things I'd have no interest in, and I wouldn't even know how to respond...I have no idea what true feral wolves do for fun, or how they hunt...or anything really.

Then there was the bit where Rikki talked about being a ranger and how he worked for them. How exactly did that work, a wild animal working for humans and getting paid? Or maybe they didn't pay him, not money anyways. Did he get protection from them, food and water perhaps? Either way she didn't want to pry, no reason to get involved with the humans.

"That's uh, interesting..." Lorna was at a lack of words, only interested in finding out more about the rangers and how they worked with this raccoon, but playing it safe and not prying to much. She just hoped Rikki would elaborate more later on.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Yeah! So... You said you'd been involved with a human before too? Why don't you tell me about that?" Rikki was interested to pry into that a bit: she obviously had spent alot of time with humans recently, and he guessed that was part of why she seemed so distressed...
Neko

Post by Neko »

"Oh, that? Heh heh..." Lorna laughed nervously, unsure how to answer the question. "Uh, just some guy I knew...nothing interesting about him or anything." She paused for a moment, "Why do you ask, is it important or something?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Well..." Rikki said carefully, "You seem like you've been around humans alot recently... I mean, you smell like you've been living with one, even if you don't really act like it..." that last part was only half true: she didn't act like a pet, but she didn't act entirely natural, and she'd shaken his hand a few minutes before...
Neko

Post by Neko »

Lorna let out an annoyed sigh, wanted to change the subject."I hung out with a human for... a little while, no big deal." She huffed, "Are we getting close to the stream yet?"
TheSilentChoice

Neko wrote: Sam happily followed Therin, smiling at his eagerness. "Let's just take turns. I'm sure you're excited to ride first, right? I don't mind either way really." She watched the dog, finding him quite amusing with his energy of just going to the park.
((Don't judge D: He's been in a car for more than 2 hours cooped up. He wants to live it up.....then probably pass out...things are fickle like that))

Therin paused for a moment giving a sort of mixed face between curiousity and confusion before he popped back to happy and hopped on. He braced his footpaws on the bar at the edge so he wouldn't slide off and held onto the bar before nodding at Sam "Lets do this!" In a deeper voice than normal for an "actiony" effect. He was ready for this. He had the technology.
Needless~ (By Me)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Neko wrote:Lorna let out an annoyed sigh, wanted to change the subject."I hung out with a human for... a little while, no big deal." She huffed, "Are we getting close to the stream yet?"
"Yeah, yeah, in a bit, I just..." Rikki sighed, "I'm kinda wondering if that's why you're so upset... I mean..." he looked off a bit, "If you're having a problem with humans..." he looked back at her eyes, "I could help you..."
Neko

Post by Neko »

"W-What? You think I'm in trouble or something?" Lorna gazed off to the side, finding it hard to look back into Rikki's eyes. "Even if you could, what would a raccoon be able to do anyway?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Lorna..." Rikki stopped, shifting his position a bit to try and look into her eyes, "I've dealt with humans before. I work with them, and I know how they work." He moved a little more, trying to get a view of her face, "I want to help you. I just need you to tell me what's wrong. Then I can at least try..."