Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

TheSilentChoice

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by TheSilentChoice »

Neko wrote:[BsM]

Sam smiled, tail swaying as the situation went in a better direction."Are you ready to go now Therin?" She tried her best to keep smiling, despite the feeling that she made a bad first impression on Therin's dad. 'I just hope Therin isn't mad at me or anything. He seems pretty fine now...'
Therin smiled to Sam and immediately started down the sidewalk....having no idea where he was going, but he was going somewhere, and he would do it with both of his collar's metal bits jangling about. He was quite curious of the playground park thingy at this point, and after sitting in a moving van and being confined to a lawn....he wanted to run. He exclaimed in excitement still heading off wherever "Aha! Off on a valiant quest! HAZZAH!"
Needless~ (By Me)
We laughed at him because he was different,
He laughed at us because we were the same,
We chided him for his mind,
He chided us for ours were all the same,
We will never laugh the same way again,
He will never laugh again.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Arin was next to arrive, joining Spike, Kat, and Butch at the door before it was opened. She said hi to them all and gave Spike a hug.
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Varg and Rion came shortly after, joining the small gathering. They greeted everyone and Rion hugged and kissed Kat.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Neko

Post by Neko »

TheSilentChoice wrote: Therin smiled to Sam and immediately started down the sidewalk....having no idea where he was going, but he was going somewhere, and he would do it with both of his collar's metal bits jangling about. He was quite curious of the playground park thingy at this point, and after sitting in a moving van and being confined to a lawn....he wanted to run. He exclaimed in excitement still heading off wherever "Aha! Off on a valiant quest! HAZZAH!"
Sam laughed, rolled up beside Therin and tapping him on the shoulder. "You should probably go in the right direction for this quest." She pointed in the opposite direction they were going. "It's only two streets over, that-a-way."
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Mystic Wolf

Post by Mystic Wolf »

[YsF]

Mystic soon reached the group as well, gulping as he sees the gathering. "Uh... Hello there." He then leaned on the wall near the door, facing up as he looks at the sky.
Do you want me to level up? Click here! Shame that I can't show the pic here due to the size...

Image Image Image Image
-
Image Image
TheSilentChoice

Post by TheSilentChoice »

BsM
Neko wrote:
Sam laughed, rolled up beside Therin and tapping him on the shoulder. "You should probably go in the right direction for this quest." She pointed in the opposite direction they were going. "It's only two streets over, that-a-way."
He halted after he was informed he was going the wrong way....making a face of some embarassment he spun around on his heel and began marching in the direction she pointed. "Err. Right! Of course! Just getting myself limbered up is all."

Mark had watched with a bit of a humored smile as Therin began walking off alone, and had to stifle a chuckle as Therin had to come marching back in front of the house as he started to go the right way this time. Pura had come out onto the lawn to ask where Therin was going with the fox, only to have Therin march back inot view. She waved at him and called out, "Have fun!"
Needless~ (By Me)
We laughed at him because he was different,
He laughed at us because we were the same,
We chided him for his mind,
He chided us for ours were all the same,
We will never laugh the same way again,
He will never laugh again.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Sam chuckled, turning with Therin and keeping up alongside him. When she heard a female voice, she turned and saw Therin's mother. Trying to be friendly, Sam waved to her as they passed. "So, did you move far to get here?" They came up to the corner of the street, Sam looking up and down the street. Tapping on Therin's shoulder, "This way."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

==== Brookshire Wildlife Preserve ====
Last time, on Brookshire Meadows...
RockstarRaccoon wrote:"I smell a strange animal in the area, I think it's a wolf, but it's not one of Ceasar's pack..."
Neko wrote:Darin tilted his head slightly, "A wolf, really?"
RockstarRaccoon wrote:"If there's a fully grown wolf around here, it could be really dangerous. I can take care of myself, but I can't worry about you. If it's still around when I get back, I'll deal with it, if not..." he paused, gritting his teeth slightly on the next thing he needed to say, "If not, I need to go check on Taku..."
Neko wrote:"I bet Taku's ok. He learned from you..."
RockstarRaccoon wrote:"I hope so, I really hope so..."
Rikki started opening the gate to let Darin slip through, "Darin, listen to me. I know you probably want to help or see or something, but a lone wolf is really dangerous. At best they're a dispersal looking to claim new territory, at worst, they're older and got kicked out of their pack for being too violent..."
RockstarRaccoon wrote:Normally he hated metal things. Normally, he hated loud noises. Normally, he hated human machines. But at this very moment, his hands were longing for a metal, noisy, man-made-machine that spun around and went BANG, and the little pieces of metal that came out of it. Jack had told him to give it a name to make it feel more personal, and by raccoon tradition, he'd named it "KlippÁ", after the first sound he'd heard it make. Even if it knocked him squarely off his feet: he wanted his gun.

Without another thought, he dropped to all fours and darted into the woods...
[ And now, the Shocking conclusion... ]
His leg was hurting him, maybe even bleeding a little, but Rikki pressed on through the forest, rushing to make up for lost time: there was a lone wolf on the prowl, and no one was safe until it had been dealt with. Vague images of all of his friends flashed through his mind: Pifer, Kylee, Polaris, Anubis, Orion, Roruk, Apple Blossom, old Pine Bark, any of the local pets from the development who sometimes came out here, but most importantly, Taku. He'd sworn to protect them from things like this a long time ago: to keep the forest safe from the evils of the outside world...

He slowed as the scent of wolf started to get strong again. It smelled more like Diana than Ceasar: a female. That could go either way depending on her temperament... He now began to move more silently, keeping his senses aware of everything around him. He'd found the trail of the wolf, and was now zig-zagging it, keeping out of the view of it. The trail's shape didn't bode well: it was erratic in all the wrong ways, not that of a stalking predator, but of a raging animal wandering without purpose. This wasn't typical of a dispersal, which implied something else...
A twtitch.
Rikki dropped closer to the ground, cursing the rustling of the slight leaf-cover on the ground. He'd heard a noise from ahead: the wolf was at the end of that trail. He looked up at the trees: pines. No good for stalking it from above... He'd have to keep going on foot, where he'd have to be ready for a surprise attack... Straightening up a bit, still on all fours, he continued, hackles raised for battle...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Neko

Post by Neko »

Lorna took a deep breath, folding her arms against her chest and trying to calm down. "Gotta keep cool, definitely not the time to get so worked up...No matter how mad I really want to be." Feeling slightly relieved for the time being, the wolf started walking again. "Really hoping to find some water soon, or maybe another snack." She looked around as she went, paying attention to scents as well for any hint to water or food.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki could see the wolf now, moving in closer. She wasn't fully grown yet, but she looked like she was in really good shape, suggesting that he had a bit more to worry about than most wolves her age... He kept moving in until he was about a clearing away, then stood up on a mound and called out to her: "Hey!" He wasn't looking for a fight here, he just wanted to know what she was doing at this point...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Lorna froze in her tracks at the sound of the voice, fearing the worse. Was it a human, or the cops? Had they tracked her down? She slowly turned to the source of the sound, letting out a sigh of relief. 'A raccoon? A pretty mangy raccoon...what does he want?' Turning around, she faced the Raccoon completely. "What do you want?" She tried her best to speak normally, but the slightest bit of annoyance could be heard.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Yep, adolescent female in good health. Rikki's eyes narrowed a bit, "I want to know what you're doing here."he said, gesturing to the area, "The only wolf pack in this area is on the other side of the forest, and I know all of them..." His tone was both serious and mildly accusatory...
Neko

Post by Neko »

Lorna raised a brow, confused, skeptical and yet curious about what was said. 'If this raccoon is telling the truth, I need to leave here. Wolves don't take to strangers from my knowledge. The real question is why does this raccoon know them, and how exactly does he know them? Does he only know they are there, or is it closer then that?'

There was a short pause before Lorna spoke, the annoyance in her voice still visible. "What's it to you? Why do you care if I'm out here?" She cut her self off at that, stopping herself from saying something she might regret. 'Don't want to give him ideas...'
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikkis eyes narrowed again, "I care because you're in MY territory, and the people who live in this forest are relying on me to keep them safe from angry dispersals like you who wandered here from Yorkshire..." he crossed his arms, "I take it that's pretty much your story, right?"
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Lorna's composure was nearly compromised by the mention of the raccoon having territory, who had ever heard of such a thing? "Dispersal? Where have I heard that word before..." The wolf sighed, letting her arms fall to her sides. "You don't know anything about me, so don't even try that crap with me." She narrowed her eyes back at the raccoon. "Unless you're friends with a bunch of rats I wouldn't worry too much, unless you got on my bad side. Kinda of like, right now."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki's eyes narrowed even more, "Bold words for someone so far from a home. If you're thinking of making this your new one, I suggest you move on: we don't have room for new predators right now. Especially ones who haven't learned the rules..." His hackles had raised a bit more... This wolf was a bit aggressive, and wasn't backing down. He'd been hoping not to have to fight, but it wasn't looking so promising...
Neko

Post by Neko »

Lorna would've laughed if it wouldn't have made the situation so awkward and weird. "Who made you so high and mighty? I've never heard of a raccoon claiming territory, let alone a whole forest." She stopped there, purposefully ignoring the rest of what was said. 'Who does this raccoon think he is, the king of the jungle?'
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki was a bit confused now: She's never heard of someone claiming territory...? Yorkshire's society must be more broken down than I realized by now... It's been a few years since the mountain lion... he shook it off and straightened up, "Well, you're in my territory, everywhere in the forest is claimed by someone, and we don't take too kindly to outsiders here..."
Neko

Post by Neko »

Lorna let out an exasperated sigh, turning her gaze off to the side. "Of course everything is taken..." She looked back to the raccoon, taking a steps towards him. "So, what exactly are the rules? What happens if...I don't leave?" The wolf watched the raccoon, waiting for a reaction. 'What could he do anyway? A raccoon to a wolf..'
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki was getting a bit lost for how to confront this particular wolf, he'd expected her to do something other than this passive-aggressive behavior by now... "Look, we just had a famine, and if you start eating the prey animals right now then there won't be enough to go around. On top of that, the humans are developing near by like in Yorkshire, where you - wait..." he leaned in a bit, looking more closely, "Where did you get that collar?" Rikki hadn't noticed it before, but the wolf was wearing a blue collar around her neck. It was a bit odd, because she didn't smell very domesticated, but now that he saw it he realized that she hadn't been raised in very harsh conditions.
Neko

Post by Neko »

'So, there are food problems here too. That's just wonderful...

Lorna looked down to her collar and back to the raccoon, almost having forgotten it was there. "What's it matter, a wolf can't have a collar around here?" She paused, "Who're you to talk anyways, you have one too." Now that she thought of it, why would a raccoon have a collar anyways?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki walked forward, off of the mound, getting a closer view, "A collar means you've been around humans... Are you from a rehab program?" He suddenly felt a bit less distressed by this foreign animal, but was a bit tense at the implications if it wasn't her collar...
Neko

Post by Neko »

"A rehab program? No way," Lorna took a step closer. "What about you, why do you have a collar? Are you from a rehab program?" She was finding this raccoon fairly interesting, definitely not what she expected from a wild animal. 'It seems the wild was a lot more different then I first expected.'
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"I'm one of the local state-ranger's deputies." Rikki explained, stepping forward, now a few feet away from her. "Where did you get that collar if you're not a rehabber? You look like you've spent alot of time with humans..."
Neko

Post by Neko »

Lorna took a step back, her facial expressions now serious. 'A state ranger? Would they really make a raccoon a state ranger? If he really is that means...' She carefully watched the so-called state ranger deputy. "Why do you care so much? *bares teeth* Cause I'm getting tired of this interrogation." Lorna growled softly, having grown more annoyed with each question. Her lips curled showing sharp white teeth, hoping to look more aggressive and confident then she felt.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki's brow furrowed, "I told you why I'm interested: you're in my terrirory and I don't want you causing trouble. And you know what?" he took a step forward to match hers, "Now I wanna know why me being a ranger's deputy bothers you so much..." He had a feeling she was up to something now: as far as he knew, knowing that he was affiliated with "law enforcement" made domesticated animals trust him more. It seemed to do the opposite here...
Neko

Post by Neko »

Lorna growled more audibly, her fur raising up. The wolf was already in a horrible mood, and this raccoon was picking away at her last remaining nerves."Maybe I just don't like um, and maybe it's none of your business." As she spoke she grew more angry and louder, her paws forming fists. "The real question is why would humans even want a thing like you working for them, and why would you do it in the first place?" Lorna glared at the raccoon, letting whatever came to mind flow from her lips.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"No." Rikki said, starting to get impatient, "The real question is what you're doing all the way out here and why you're making it trouble for me to ask. I'm just trying to keep the peace!"

Rikki was remembering some stuff that Roger had said about people who didn't like "authority figures" and people who didn't like police around because they wanted to commit crimes, but Roger was terrible, and Rikki didn't usually listen to him...
Neko

Post by Neko »

Lorna pointed at the raccoon, still growling. "I was on my way until a mangy raccoon decided to bother me with a bunch of questions that are none of his business!" She lowered her paw, "I was perfectly fine until you showed up, so you can just buzz off and leave me alone!" She gave the raccoon one last death glare before swiftly turning around and stomping off, hoping the animal would just leave her alone. Her day had been bad enough, she didn't want to play 20 questions with some raccoon deputy.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki just sort of stood there for a moment, frowning: he'd never dealt with anyone this uncooperative. Usually they were glad to see him, or at least somewhat friendly...
This wolf wasn't friendly at all. That's what worried him...

No longer worried about being attacked, Rikki started walking behind the wolf, openly following her in her wandering...
Neko

Post by Neko »

As Lorna walked she slowly let herself calm down, her tense stance going back to being relaxed. The wolf felt slightly exhausted, getting so worked up on an empty stomach while not having drunken anything all day would do that to you. But now that she had calmed down she noticed something was off, something she didn't notice before. There were footsteps behind her, and they'd been following her. She'd been to angry and upset to notice.

The wolf stopped and turned around only to see the same raccoon from before. With a sigh she lowered her head and put a paw to her forehead, wishing to just be left alone. In a calm voice she spoke, "What did you not understand before?" She dropped her paw to her side and looked up at the raccoon. "Look, I'm leaving alright? You don't need to show me the way out..."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki slowed down: the wolf seemed to be a bit on edge. Something that hadn't occurred to him before was now beginning to: what if the wolf was in trouble with the humans for some reason? She seemed to be really upset now that he was paying attention, and that would explain why she didn't want to talk to a ranger deputy... He stopped, once again a few feet away. He sighed, "Listen, I'm not gonna make you leave if you aren't here to cause trouble. You seem like you could use some help though... What's your name?"
Neko

Post by Neko »

Lorna studied the raccoon for a moment, slightly confused. He was acting different suddenly, a lot less demanding. It was obvious at this point that the coon wasn't going to leave her alone, so she decided she might as well talk to him. It wasn't like she had the energy to fight or get angry, not now anyway. "My name is Lorna."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki moved closer to her, rubbing his paw against his side and holding it out, "Alright then Lorna, my name's Rikki." He wasn't sure if she would shake his hand or sniff it, either way, this was better than barking at each other from a distance...
Neko

Post by Neko »

"Erm, right," Lorna extended her paw and took hold of Rikki's paw, lightly shaking it. She wasn't sure why exactly, but she suddenly felt awkward. Was it because this Raccoon was suddenly being friendly to her, her being exhausted, or was it something else? Something she wasn't used to. Lorna retracted her paw, putting her focus back on Rikki. "So, uh..." She was lost for words, the current situation foreign to her.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"So..." Rikki provided, trying to turn the conversation friendly, "Are you looking for anything in particular?"
Neko

Post by Neko »

Lorna was still a bit shocked at the sudden change in the raccoon, but she was feeling more at ease because of it. "Oh, that." She paused, knowing the conversation wouldn't have much importance. Rikki had told her the situation of the area which had given her an answer, if he had told her the truth that is. "I was looking for a new home, but....obviously that won't happen here. If everything you said is true then I'll just be on my way."

Lorna took a step backwards, feeling awkward as ever. "It was, uh...nice to meet you, Rikki." She turned around, not sure what else to say or if she even wanted to say anything else. The wolf didn't really want to go so quickly, especially after meeting another wild animal. In fact, it was the only other being she met besides Eric. There was no point in lingering though, no need to hang around longer then needed for someone you wouldn't ever see again. Lorna sighed and began to walk in the direction she assumed she had been traveling in before, quickly folding her arms to her chest.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Wait..." Rikki moved to follow her, "You don't have to go right now." He sighed, "I don't think the forest'll get to upset if you need to spend the night or something. Why don't you tell me a bit about yourself?"
Neko

Post by Neko »

Lorna stopped, taking in Rikki's words. 'I don't get this guy, one minute he looks like he's going to attack me and the next he's asking me to hang around.' She looked to the ground with conflicted emotions, internally debating with herself. After a few moments the wolf finally spoke, "There's not much to tell. I'm just a wolf looking for somewhere to go."
simple things
Location: Up the gutter, onto the tree, up to the roof, and onto neverland. <3

Post by simple things »

Mom don’t get that, I got it co-“Alexander shouted from behind the group of pets at his door, before he was cut off by tripping and falling face first into the cold damp grass. “Ow…” he muttered, quickly proceeding to get back up and pick up some of the nine big boxes he had somehow attempted to carry.

Over the ground large amounts of assorted snacks and confectionary were scattered about. “Oh that’s just lovely, well done Alexander.” The canine said under his breath, before smiling and opening his arms.

Hello everyone! And welcome, if you guys can all just get around to the garage over there, we can get this thing started. And no worries, I will do my best to explain what I’ve found, and answer any questions anyone has.” The cattle dog said in a mouthful, before attempting to collect the many heavy boxes yet again and falling back over.

You know I could use a paw with these.” He said with a chuckle, setting the boxes back down and opening up one of them. He shuffled out loads of Twinkies and Sno-balls, before a white remote was exposed. “Ah, there we go!” he said enthusiastically, picking up a Twinkie and pulling off the wrapper. He popped the sweet into his mouth, before he pressed the command key on the device, and the large door to the garage began to open.

Freaking love these things…” He muffled, quickly munching the bar down and proceeded to enter his garage.

Just on this side of the table guys, I’ll have to grab some things I’ll need for the machine, but i shouldn’t be too long.” Alexander said, swiftly placing out some chairs and glasses on the chairs. The seats were placed so that everyone got a clear view of the work bench in the middle of the room, where Alexander could show everyone what he was doing.

On the table inside, a large punch bowl with juice was placed in the middle of it, a few other packs of potato chips could be seen poorly scattered about the table, and a wastebasket was on the right of it.

I’ll be just a minute, eat all you want and get comfortable, there's plenty of food there. If anyone needs to use the bathroom…come now.” the cattle dog said, opening the door that led from the Garage to the inner house.