PF: Radiant Gardens OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

QuartzOrren

Re: PF: Radiant Gardens OOC

Post by QuartzOrren »

Good point. You know what? I'll just
do something else with it.
RAINBOW YEAAH!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

QuartzOrren wrote:Good point. You know what? I'll just
do something else with it.
If you want to, but there would be nothing wrong with addressing the questions I asked.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Why do you simply start over whenever anyone offers you any criticism, advice, or critique? If you're just going to simply rewrite everything while refusing to improve anything at all, why ask for suggestions at all?

Also, please at least try to have proper grammar, punctuation, spelling etc.
QuartzOrren

Post by QuartzOrren »

Kind of too late. I already did,and ctcmjh, I'm a VERY VERY modest person. I don't really think anyone understands me.......
RAINBOW YEAAH!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

QuartzOrren wrote:and ctcmjh, I'm a VERY VERY modest person. I don't really think anyone understands me.......
Could you send me a PM elaborating what you mean? I have no idea what you mean, or how this is relevant.
Rook

Post by Rook »

(Not sure if this place is recruiting, or if the nature of my character is appropriate for this neighborhood, but I'm going to try anyways. Well, here goes nothing...)

Name: Sergei Tsar (real name: David Bishop)

Species: Dog, Siberian Husky

Neighborhood: (??? Ugh, I have NO idea how that works...)

Gang: (??? Have no idea what this is either)

-Appearance-
Sergei has the physicality's of a regular husky. Sergei's left eye is green, while his right eye is blue. He generally has a sad look about him. He wears a simple, brown leather collar; with a pair of small platinum colored dog-tags. Will sometimes wear glasses and, on occasion, blue jeans.

-Personality-
Often very quiet and collective. On the outside; Sergei appears bitter and sometimes extremely paranoid. On the inside: Hopeful that someday he'll regain control of his own life. Willing to help others and just wants everyone to be friends.

-Backstory-
Sergei (or rather David) was once a regular sixteen year old teenager...
until the fateful incident.
On a whim that his pet might be in danger, David ventured deep into the underground facilities of the Phenomenal Pet Pals Pharmaceutical HQ in Victoria, California in search of his pet. There he discovered ex-soviet russian scientists experimenting with a device which could transform any animal into any breed desired. The Russians had hoped that they could militarize the weapon; transforming ordinary house pets into those of a more feral and violent nature. David feared that his husky, Rook, would be permanently disfigured or changed by the device, and attempted to stop them from experimenting on both his pet and the pets of others. Caught by some of the facility's guards, David was brought before the leaders of the facility. The project leader (to be revealed possibly later) , was joyed at the opportunity to have a human test subject for their machine.
The experiment was successful.
David had become the first human of many to be transformed by this russian device.
Renamed "Sergei One," David was originally supposed to be... "put down." However, feeling both shame and pity for the boy, one of the scientists (Nicholas Tsar) stopped his untimely death, by offering to make "observations of the boy in a neighborhood environment." Reluctant to grant his request, the project leader finally agreed. Both David (Sergei) and his pet Rook (now a wolf) were both left in the custody of Nicholas, who assured his fellow researchers that he would terminate both Rook and Sergei when they were "no longer useful."
Since then, the three of them have been looking for a neighborhood to stay at; Sergei and Rook fearful of their new owner, and Nicholas trying to think of a way to turn the two of his companions back to normal.

-Other Notes-
Sergei's father is Nicholas Tsar, owner of the "Phenomenal Pet Pals Pharmaceutical" Despite how his owner speaks (which is with a thick Russian accent), Sergei does not share this with his owner. Often receives educational lessons on misc. things (i.e. Mathematics, History, Writing, and Hand-to-Hand combat). Will sometimes pull out a dust grey wallet and study the picture inside (does not let anyone for any reason see this photo when he is in possession of it). Both the jeans and the wallet were his before the "incident."

S.P.E.C.I.A.L
STR- 7
PER- 4
END- 7
CHA- 4
INT- 8
AGI- 7
LUC- 5

Name: Rook Tsar

Species: Wolf

Neighborhood: (???)

Gang: (???)

-Appearance-
Rook has dark brown fur with a large black spot covering his right eye. Striking green eyes, which glow at night. Has a dark and uncomfortable stare. Wears a thick corduroy red collar with a black stripe running around the collar. He has a worn Rook piece hanging from a dirty ring.

-Personality-
Dark and ignorant, but likes to get friendly with the ladies. Deep down, his old husky self futility attempts to return him to the way he was before. He is constantly at war with himself... often speaking and sometimes arguing with himself aloud.
He has a weakness to burritos. It's an addiction when it comes down to burrito consumption.

-Backstory-
"It was supposed to be an ordinary check up. But, many of the pets of Victoria Ln. had warned him otherwise.
Rook was going to wish that he had paid heed to their warnings.
Locked away, Rook witnessed as the Russians experimented on dogs, cats, birds, and mice of all kinds. And, often times, many of the subjects failed...
horribly.
Rook didn't want this. He just wanted to stop getting sick. So did his owner David.
David.
He had tried to save him, but it didn't seem like either one of them was going to get out of this alive...
or at least the same as they had walking in."

-Other Notes-
Rook speaks with a very thick Russian accent. Very accomplished Martial Artist. Loves to impress the ladies. Rook is not a "Major Player," but likes to follow Sergei around. So encountering him is likely.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L
STR- 9
PER- 3
END- 9
CHA- 7
INT- 3
AGI- 7
LUC- 4
Always love to live, and live to love others.

I ask a lot of questions... I know.

Rook STR- 9 PER- 3 END- 9 CHA- 7 INT- 3 AGI- 7 LUC- 4
Sergei STR- 7 PER- 4 END- 7 CHA- 4 INT- 8 AGI- 7 LUC- 5
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Okay, like the personalities, do not like the backstories.

Sergei's personality reminds me of Vanilla, but as ctcmjh said below, backstory won't work.
Last edited by ChewyChewy on Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

The backstory for those characters are... Not very agreeable with me. The whole thing just doesn't fit, really.

I would accept them if they had a less of a convoluted backstory.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Seth wrote:Alright here we go

Name:Conrad
Species:Australian blue heeler (see attatched picture)
Personality: A tough farmboy from the midwest, Conrad grew up herding cattle, drinking orange soda and fighting on the family farm. He was injured when a Steer stepped on his leg (and still walks with a slight limp) He is still very bitter about this, fearing for his mental state his previous owner jack sent him to his cousin frank in Radiant Gardens. Conrad's famous temper has only gotten worse after his accident, as a result he seems rather standoffish when people first meet him, but they usually warm up to him eventually. He is fiercely loyal to his friends (which led to quite a few scraps back on the farm) Conrad has always been reasonably friendly but has gotten alot more irritable as the move to Radiant Gardens approached. Conrad tries to contain his temper and genuinely wants to be well liked in his new home, but only time will tell if he can get over his personal problems and live happily.

Appearance:Conrad is average height, but is built very solidly. He walks with a slight limp and is much less mobile than he once was. He wears a red bandanna with the family Farm's logo on it(the other pic is the logo)
Other notes:
Has been known to occasionally drink too much orange soda(this generally makes him prone to hugging and bubbly behavior) when his more extreme emotions take hold. His new owner Frank is trying to make him cut back, with mixed results.
(if this is too dark I can take it out, I think it helps flesh out the character but it is by no means neccesary)
Conrad has always loved a good fair scrap, whether with friend or foe
Conrad has a very very good sense of hearing

I set up his stats, the number in parenthesis indicates the score after his accident and will be the one I use in game (assuming that's ok)

Strength-7

Perception-9

Endurance-5(3)

Charisma-5(3)

Intelligence-5

Agility-7(5)
Luck-4

Don't worry I'm not going to have my character running around drunk and fighting all the time, they won't come up very much, only in extreme circumstances
Very sorry for the super late reply!

Conrad is approved! Feel free to read up and start posting. Remember, there's a birthday party going on, and everyone's roleplaying. If he walked by the clubhouse, he'd see a bunch of pets roleplaying, but would have no idea it's a birthday party.

Oh, and about the Orange soda thing. My character, Liz, does catnip casually, so a casual orange soda drinker would have no problem. Just so long as you don't take it too far. :mrgreen:
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

ctcmjh wrote:
Seth wrote:Alright here we go

Name:Conrad
Species:Australian blue heeler (see attatched picture)
Personality: A tough farmboy from the midwest, Conrad grew up herding cattle, drinking orange soda and fighting on the family farm. He was injured when a Steer stepped on his leg (and still walks with a slight limp) He is still very bitter about this, fearing for his mental state his previous owner jack sent him to his cousin frank in Radiant Gardens. Conrad's famous temper has only gotten worse after his accident, as a result he seems rather standoffish when people first meet him, but they usually warm up to him eventually. He is fiercely loyal to his friends (which led to quite a few scraps back on the farm) Conrad has always been reasonably friendly but has gotten alot more irritable as the move to Radiant Gardens approached. Conrad tries to contain his temper and genuinely wants to be well liked in his new home, but only time will tell if he can get over his personal problems and live happily.

Appearance:Conrad is average height, but is built very solidly. He walks with a slight limp and is much less mobile than he once was. He wears a red bandanna with the family Farm's logo on it(the other pic is the logo)
Other notes:
Has been known to occasionally drink too much orange soda(this generally makes him prone to hugging and bubbly behavior) when his more extreme emotions take hold. His new owner Frank is trying to make him cut back, with mixed results.
(if this is too dark I can take it out, I think it helps flesh out the character but it is by no means neccesary)
Conrad has always loved a good fair scrap, whether with friend or foe
Conrad has a very very good sense of hearing

I set up his stats, the number in parenthesis indicates the score after his accident and will be the one I use in game (assuming that's ok)

Strength-7

Perception-9

Endurance-5(3)

Charisma-5(3)

Intelligence-5

Agility-7(5)
Luck-4

Don't worry I'm not going to have my character running around drunk and fighting all the time, they won't come up very much, only in extreme circumstances
Very sorry for the super late reply!

Conrad is approved! Feel free to read up and start posting. Remember, there's a birthday party going on, and everyone's roleplaying. If he walked by the clubhouse, he'd see a bunch of pets roleplaying, but would have no idea it's a birthday party.

Oh, and about the Orange soda thing. My character, Liz, does catnip casually, so a casual orange soda drinker would have no problem. Just so long as you don't take it too far. :mrgreen:
Huzzah
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

ctcmjh wrote:[Very sorry for the super late reply!

So it would be acceptable for me to enter the clubhouse and introduce myself?
is it obvious they're in character?
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
QuartzOrren

Post by QuartzOrren »

Hello everyone. Especially you Rook. You're alot like me.

Also, ctcmjh. I changed my bio, but I think that it is STILL not done.
RAINBOW YEAAH!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Oh come ON! :P

Honey and Vanilla are seeing more action in my fan fic stories!
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Seriously, where is everyone?
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I honestly don't know...and personally, I don't know what to do in the RP as well...
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

I'm not posting because Grettle would be stopped from providing a suggestion by Surge, but Surge has no suggestions that fit the criteria.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

What's going on, everyone?
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I was gonna wait to introduce Conrad but I guess I'll go ahead and start posting to try to get this thing up and running again.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:What's going on, everyone?
Nothing is, that's what's going on. :P

Welcome back! :D
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:What's going on, everyone?
Nothing is, that's what's going on. :P

Welcome back! :D
I was gone? :?
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Well, either it was you or someone else, but SOMEONE was gone.... :roll:
PF chars

--Phoenix

Rendak

Post by Rendak »

e_e
I am back
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Don't be afraid to hit me up for my skype!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Okay, I need a rolecall on all of the current active roleplayers. I refuse to let this neighborhood die. It's gone through too much, and has too much potential.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Okay, I need a rolecall on all of the current active roleplayers. I refuse to let this neighborhood die. It's gone through too much, and has too much potential.
*raises hand* Aye!
PF chars

--Phoenix

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I'm still here.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Present.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I'm sure the others will post, but I am getting very concerned about the activity of this neighborhood. We used to be notorious for generating multiple pages in a single day, but now we've gone quite a long while without even a single post. It's disheartening to say the least. I've invested so much time, energy, emotion and thought into Radiant Gardens, and my characters Max, Liz, and Morrigan. I would not be happy in the least if it were all to just stop without so much as a warning.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:I'm sure the others will post, but I am getting very concerned about the activity of this neighborhood. We used to be notorious for generating multiple pages in a single day, but now we've gone quite a long while without even a single post. It's disheartening to say the least. I've invested so much time, energy, emotion and thought into Radiant Gardens, and my characters Max, Liz, and Morrigan. I would not be happy in the least if it were all to just stop without so much as a warning.
Me neither. :( Especially when FINALLY Vanilla seems to be opening up for once, and I'm starting to focus on Honey and to get to know her better, which is what I was hoping to have happen ever since I JOINED Radiant Gardens with them. I don't want that to be aborted.
PF chars

--Phoenix

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

do you need some new blood in here to liven things up?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I would much prefer to see this RP keep going, but if for some reason it does fold I'd be willing to take them in Applegate.
it's not perfect but at least you could continue running the characters.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I would prefer to keep them here in RG, but if worst comes to worst, that's might be a good alternative, Seth.

@Brent: I think we could take in another character, should you want to join in. But after that, we should try to work with what we have.

I would really like to see some of the users become a little more active. Does anyone know where The Game is? If she's gone somewhere, I wouldn't know because I don't really check the Announcements of Leaving and Returning thread.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I'm still here, and I have no idea where the Game is.
BlueAnubis
Location: 1 Sea of Tranquility, the Moon (or somewhere in Ohio)

Post by BlueAnubis »

Sorry, I was out of state for a while, But I'm ready to start back to my old posting schedule again, as soon as I get caught up.
Jack and Ruby: Richmond Acres
Sahsa: Radiant Garden
Look at my Typhlosion, it's cute!

Fluttershy wrote:You're... going to LOVE ME!!!
QuartzOrren

Post by QuartzOrren »

Sorry everyone. I've been so behind. Well, back to Mark then.
RAINBOW YEAAH!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I'm glad we're all catching up and are working towards being on the same page again. I'd like to see Radiant Gardens continue in activity, and for that to happen I need the players to be more active. :)

Like I've said before, I would hate it if Radiant Gardens just went belly-up.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Ooooookay Im back for real! And heeeerrreeee!
So who are we still missing? Wolfypaws asked me to control Zeke and Ekez but I just cant get them down....if anyone would like to try and control them tell me please
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Don't be afraid to hit me up for my skype!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I could give it a shot Rendak...I just need to know where they are, and need Wolven's permission...
QuartzOrren

Post by QuartzOrren »

At this point,my bio is cobwebbed. I REALLY NEED APPROVAL. I should lighten the RP up a bit.

Is a anyone home? Guys???
RAINBOW YEAAH!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Hey where is everyone so that I know where to direct Zeke too? (Before anyone says somethin I am here for a week and a half. This time I'm positive...)
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

well, the pets are all role-playing at Vanilla dn Honey's house. Feel free to drop in. :D