Non HPU: Chival Res

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Civilization

Re: Non HPU: Chival Res

Post by Civilization »

Uistean froze when the wolf hugged him, he looked at Yves who was just smiling this time, "Looks like you made a friend." Uistean smiled and hugged the wolf back, "Um, your welcome, thanks?"
Yves looked at the other people looking at them on the sidewalk, he shrugged at them, not really caring what these strangers thought about them. But he still felt uncomfortable with amount of attention they now receiving, "We should get going."
Uistean looked at Yves and then at the people, "Yeah, we probably should." He looked at the wolf cub, "Well, want to get going then, little bit more carefully this time."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Blithe nodded, as he started to move down the sidewalk, "I can understand that. Kinda like meeting really interesting characters. You'll end up wanting some semblance of normality eventually."

Sky tilted her head slightly, walking just behind Blithe, "Why would cats, and presumably other animals, be taken off the streets and to your father?"
"Oh, he used to work as a vet at the animal shelter where we used to live," Chris replied. "that's actually how I met him. I'd gotten into one too many fights and he saved my life."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Civilization wrote:Uistean froze when the wolf hugged him, he looked at Yves who was just smiling this time, "Looks like you made a friend." Uistean smiled and hugged the wolf back, "Um, your welcome, thanks?"
Letting go and taking a step back, the cub just smiles and lets her tongue hang out of one side of her grin, somehow without biting herself. A goofy expression on her face, before she leans in and sniffs at Uistean, making a kind of 'what is that?' face for a moment.
Civilization wrote:Yves looked at the other people looking at them on the sidewalk, he shrugged at them, not really caring what these strangers thought about them. But he still felt uncomfortable with amount of attention they now receiving, "We should get going."
Uistean looked at Yves and then at the people, "Yeah, we probably should." He looked at the wolf cub, "Well, want to get going then, little bit more carefully this time."
Her ears flatten down and tail stops as she picks up an embarrassed expression, looking back at the people staring. Mouthing something like the word 'sorry' and making motions that seem an eerily silent version of nervous laughter. After a moment she follows along, staying close to the ferrets.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sirius watched the crowd thin out and walked over to Matthias before he left, "You had a very quick reaction to the situation, I just wanted to commend you on it." He turned to his mother and gave her a smile, "You've raised a very nice child. Have a nice day you two." He gave them a nod and turned around to continue his path to the store.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Deske wrote:Sirius watched the crowd thin out and walked over to Matthias before he left, "You had a very quick reaction to the situation, I just wanted to commend you on it." He turned to his mother and gave her a smile, "You've raised a very nice child. Have a nice day you two." He gave them a nod and turned around to continue his path to the store.
Matthias smiled and rubbed the back of his head at the compliment, and while the dog walked away, Matthias walked after him, cane tapping along as he called out "Hey! Are you headed to the store by any chance?"
Maria also ran up behind the 2 as Matthias followed the dog.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sirius slowed down a bit, "I am indeed, what d'you ask?"
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Buster wrote:Letting go and taking a step back, the cub just smiles and lets her tongue hang out of one side of her grin, somehow without biting herself. A goofy expression on her face, before she leans in and sniffs at Uistean, making a kind of 'what is that?' face for a moment. Her ears flatten down and tail stops as she picks up an embarrassed expression, looking back at the people staring. Mouthing something like the word 'sorry' and making motions that seem an eerily silent version of nervous laughter. After a moment she follows along, staying close to the ferrets.
Uistean just smiles, "Um, never seen a ferret before have you?" Yves just watched all the wolf's expressions, "Not much of a talker are you?"
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Civilization wrote:Uistean just smiles, "Um, never seen a ferret before have you?"
Shaking her head 'no', then shrugging, she seems a bit unclear in her movements, Like she's not sure of the answer. Holding up one finger, then two, then shrugging again, all the while showing an uncertain expression.

("not really, maybe once or twice")
Civilization wrote:Yves just watched all the wolf's expressions, "Not much of a talker are you?"
Rather than answer directly, or try to pantomime an explanation, she just grabs Yves hand and presses it against her own throat. Pressing just hard enough that the ferret should be able to feel roughly the shape of the cartilage beneath the skin. Cartilage that seems to be lacking the ridges and soft patches of a larynx.

After a moment she lets go and pushes his hand away. Tilting her head slightly to one side, wondering if he got the message.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Oh, he used to work as a vet at the animal shelter where we used to live," Chris replied. "that's actually how I met him. I'd gotten into one too many fights and he saved my life."

Blithe smiled at the story, "Aw! That's so sweet!"

Sky nodded in seeming agreement, "Sounds commendable. Sort of reminds me of our mother. She'd tend to us if our adventures got out of hand."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Buster wrote:[Shaking her head 'no', then shrugging, she seems a bit unclear in her movements, Like she's not sure of the answer. Holding up one finger, then two, then shrugging again, all the while showing an uncertain expression.

Rather than answer directly, or try to pantomime an explanation, she just grabs Yves hand and presses it against her own throat. Pressing just hard enough that the ferret should be able to feel roughly the shape of the cartilage beneath the skin. Cartilage that seems to be lacking the ridges and soft patches of a larynx.

After a moment she lets go and pushes his hand away. Tilting her head slightly to one side, wondering if he got the message.
The two ferrets looked at each other, "Well, that's to bad? Um..." Uistean was trying to think of something to say but was unsure of what the wolf cub was trying to get across exactly before she turned her attention to Yves. Yves himself had no idea what the wolf was trying to get across either and didn't know what the wolf wanted him to feel but put it together after a few moments, "Ah, you can't talk." Uistean looked sad after Yves put it together, "Oh that's too bad." This time it came out more of a sad statement than a question.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Deske wrote:Sirius slowed down a bit, "I am indeed, what d'you ask?"
"We're headed that way ourselves. Would you mind some company on your way over there?" Matthias asked. "We haven't had time to meet anyone outside of the law firm since we moved in, so it would make our day if you allowed us to walk with you." Maria piped in, taking off her shoes to keep up with the pair.
(Forgot that Maria is red, not purple.)
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Sure! The company is much appreciated." He offered his arm to Maria, "What are going to the store for?" Even in his age he was still bad at small talk.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Civilization wrote:Yves himself had no idea what the wolf was trying to get across either and didn't know what the wolf wanted him to feel but put it together after a few moments, "Ah, you can't talk."
Once it was clear she had been understood, she started grinning and nodding rather rapidly, the happy playfulness she had showed earlier partially returning.
Civilization wrote:Uistean looked sad after Yves put it together, "Oh that's too bad." This time it came out more of a sad statement than a question.
Which immediately turns to a frown at Uistean's comment. Sidestepping to put herself directly in front of the ferret, she flails around a bit in a slightly panicked manner, before grabbing him by the shoulders. And deliberately puts on the goofy 'tongue somehow hanging out of one side grin' and a silly expression. hugging him for a moment, not wanting them to feel bad because of her.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Deske wrote:"Sure! The company is much appreciated." He offered his arm to Maria, "What are you two going to the store for?" Even in his age he was still bad at small talk.
"We've gotta pick up some coffee supplies from the store for the firm. We ran out from one too many over night sessions." Maria replied, taking the arm of the older canine, turning slightly pink as she thought to herself "And I thought Chivalry was dead"
Matthias smirked slightly before saying "I also may need more receipt paper for the lego braille printer, if they sell that there." Matt added.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sirius nodded, "I'm Just going to grab stuff for lunch and dinner. Hamburgers actually... You know, I don't think I caught your names. My name is Sirius. Nice to meet you."
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Deske wrote:Sirius nodded, "I'm Just going to grab stuff for lunch and dinner. Hamburgers actually... You know, I don't think I caught your names. My name is Sirius. Nice to meet you."
"Matthias Wilsons. And the woman around your arm is my mother Maria." Matt replied. "The pleasure is ours~" Maria said, smiling up at the dog.
"Though that reminds me. You did bring the card, right? Matthias asked his mom. She stopped in her tracks, eyes wide as if realizing she had made a big mistake. She then frantically checked her pockets before sighing in relief.
"Yes, I have the card." She said grumpily, taking the dog's arm back again.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

HoundInATree wrote:
Iron Panda wrote:Dorian saw Larkin approach, he had hoped Larkin didn't hear any of the bickering between Dorian and chip. Because then Dorian would look like a crazy person. "Apology accepted." He said as the fox apologized, then looked back at the bike when he was asking about the screws. "Well the screws are where I am going to start, I still need to see if anything else could be wrong first".
"Check the spark plugs" Said Chip
"I may need to check the spark plugs as well. Problem is that I don't have any tools on me"
'It's just as well I caught up with you then.' Larkin opened his coat. 'I've brought my tools with me.' He pulled out a spanner and a torque wrench, handing over the spanner. 'So, I'm assuming the bolts just started rattling before you pulled over?'
Dorian was surprised at the fox bringing his own tools with him "Oh perfect, would you mind giving me a hand then? And sorry, what did you say your name was? Dorian couldn't quite remember hearing the foxes name. "Mine is Dorian." he began to check the spark plugs, everything seemed fine, one was loose but he tightened it with his own paws, without looking over to Larkin he asked "So, are you a mechanic then?"
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Blithe smiled at the story, "Aw! That's so sweet!"

Sky nodded in seeming agreement, "Sounds commendable. Sort of reminds me of our mother. She'd tend to us if our adventures got out of hand."
"What kind of adventures do you get up to?" Chris asked.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sirius chuckled, "It's a good thing you didn't forget it, huh." He rounds the corner towards the store, "You know, it's nice to find someone to talk to these days. Everyone seems so busy all the time and nobody seems to take that much time to relax. Would it be too much to invite you over for dinner? I don't think Markuss would mind."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"What kind of adventures do you get up to?" Chris asked.
Blithe hummed once more in thought, "Well, there was this one time we ticked off a bear. I hit him on his head, we ran and after running a bit he got scared away by a double rainbow. I know, weird."

Sky grimaced at the memory, and sighed, "Then there was the time mom had us go sky diving and Blithe's parachute didn't open. Luckily, Blithe fell just right and got caught by me. Never been sky diving since."

Blithe shivered and made a queasy expression, "Never again..." He straightened up and scratched his head, "Um, you don't happen to know the way to the, or a, store, do ya? Cause me an Sky were just gonna wing it, but since you're here it'd be rude to hold you back. Ya know?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Of course I know," Chris chuckled. "When I 'wing it' I end up getting in fights in alleys, so dad won't let me go anywhere without knowing the way."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Iron Panda wrote:
HoundInATree wrote:
Iron Panda wrote:Dorian saw Larkin approach, he had hoped Larkin didn't hear any of the bickering between Dorian and chip. Because then Dorian would look like a crazy person. "Apology accepted." He said as the fox apologized, then looked back at the bike when he was asking about the screws. "Well the screws are where I am going to start, I still need to see if anything else could be wrong first".
"Check the spark plugs" Said Chip
"I may need to check the spark plugs as well. Problem is that I don't have any tools on me"
'It's just as well I caught up with you then.' Larkin opened his coat. 'I've brought my tools with me.' He pulled out a spanner and a torque wrench, handing over the spanner. 'So, I'm assuming the bolts just started rattling before you pulled over?'
Dorian was surprised at the fox bringing his own tools with him "Oh perfect, would you mind giving me a hand then? And sorry, what did you say your name was? Dorian couldn't quite remember hearing the foxes name. "Mine is Dorian." he began to check the spark plugs, everything seemed fine, one was loose but he tightened it with his own paws, without looking over to Larkin he asked "So, are you a mechanic then?"
'Not at all. My names Larkin.' He smiled at Dorian, glad that he held no bad blood over the accident. Larkin reached into another pocket and pulled out a handful of adapters attaching one to the torque wrench. He then changed the setting on it before tightening in the spark plug. 'It's more of a hobby that a job. But, yeah, you could say I'm a mechanic.' Larkin put the rest of the adopters away and pulled out a few screws and a screwdriver for them. 'Figured that the threads may have gone on those loose screws.'
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Deske wrote:Sirius chuckled, "It's a good thing you didn't forget it, huh." He rounds the corner towards the store, "You know, it's nice to find someone to talk to these days. Everyone seems so busy all the time and nobody seems to take that much time to relax. Would it be too much to invite you over for dinner? I don't think Markuss would mind."
"Not at all! In fact, I was about to invite you to dinner, but then I remembered you had plans." she said with a giggle.
"Just to make sure, is it just my mom who's invited? Because I don't even remember the last time she went on a date." Matthias said. Maria glared at her son, but of course he couldn't see the expression on her face, so she gave a quick tail flick to Matt's leg... which missed entirely.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Buster wrote:Which immediately turns to a frown at Uistean's comment. Sidestepping to put herself directly in front of the ferret, she flails around a bit in a slightly panicked manner, before grabbing him by the shoulders. And deliberately puts on the goofy 'tongue somehow hanging out of one side grin' and a silly expression. hugging him for a moment, not wanting them to feel bad because of her.
Both the ferrets look at each other again after the wolf finished with her set of expressions, which had them both smiling now, "That's quite a lot of energy you have."
"Yeah, it's certainly positive."
After a little while more of walking Yves looked at the other two, "We should be getting to the store soon, shouldn't we?"
Uistean looked at Yves, "Yes," and then he turned his attention back to the wolf, "So do you like food?"
Deske

Post by Deske »

"You can come along as well Matthias, I hope you both like hamburgers." He grabs the door handle and pulls it open for the two.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Blithe frowned for a second before regaining his smile, "Well, the fights can't be too bad if you're able to go to the store, so that's good!"

Sky nodded in agreement, "As we are only acquaintances, I'll refrain from inquiring into the nature of the fights." She looked forward studying the area around her.

Blithe hummed again before turning to Chris, "So, got any more questions for us while you lead the way to the magical land that is store? Or mall. Or whatever." He giggled a bit, enjoying the walk.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Civilization wrote:Uistean looked at Yves, "Yes," and then he turned his attention back to the wolf, "So do you like food?"
Strike who had been happily tromping along just behind the duo, albeit a bit slowly, trying to recover a bit of energy after the antics she had instigated earlier, she was now staring at Uistean, completely lost. Unsure how to even acknowledge that question, let alone respond so someone who thought asking a canine a question like that could have anything other than the obvious answer, and aparently distracted enough to walk straight into a wall.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Uistean once again by reflex held out a paw to help the wolf stabilize herself again, "Sorry, must have been little obvious of an answer for you, not for me."
Yves waited until Uistean finished talking before cracking up, "No, your food just has more reputation than you are aware."
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Deske wrote:"You can come along as well Matthias, I hope you both like hamburgers." He grabs the door handle and pulls it open for the two.
"I happen to love hamburgers. Though I don't mind staying with Margret and looking into some case files, if you 2 would like to have dinner alone." Matthias said with a smile.
Entering Albertsons, Matt took off his glasses and his hood to reveal his black coloration (if nobody had already noticed) and his white eyes, like 2 moons floating around in a dark night.
Maria looked around the store, seeing some albertsons cookies immediately to the right of the door, she gasps, picking them up and telling Matt to come over.
"We should bring this with us to dinner tonight! Albertsons has really great cookies." She said.
Matt nodded, feeling the bag and the seal before shaking his head.
"Wait until we get to the bakery section. I'm sure they have a fresh batch being packaged at this very moment." Matt replied.
Maria nodded and set it back down.
"Good point!"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Blithe frowned for a second before regaining his smile, "Well, the fights can't be too bad if you're able to go to the store, so that's good!"

Sky nodded in agreement, "As we are only acquaintances, I'll refrain from inquiring into the nature of the fights." She looked forward studying the area around her.

Blithe hummed again before turning to Chris, "So, got any more questions for us while you lead the way to the magical land that is store? Or mall. Or whatever." He giggled a bit, enjoying the walk.
"Don't worry, the fights are usually just me setting a couple of jerks straight," Chris explained. "and you could tell me about a couple more of your adventures to pass the time."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Civilization wrote:Uistean once again by reflex held out a paw to help the wolf stabilize herself again, "Sorry, must have been little obvious of an answer for you, not for me."
Yves waited until Uistean finished talking before cracking up, "No, your food just has more reputation than you are aware."
Taking the offered hand to help her back to her feet this time, Strike is back up in no time. She seems to think Yves joke is rather funny.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Uistean looked with a suppressed fake frown at Yves after he helped the wolf back up, then at the wolf, "Yeah, yeah, don't encourage him. My cooking isn't that bad."
Yves smiled, "Fine it isn't bad at all, just don't be giving all to others that you meet. Not everyone has as much resistance to your food as I do."
"Hey!"
"Oh relax, I'm only teasing." He looked at the wolf, "His food is fine, wasteful, but fine."
Uistean pressed his look at Yves again, "It is, otherwise we wouldn't be needing to go to the grocery store almost every few days."
"Yeah but you know you like eating all of it too." Uistean looked at the wolf, "Sorry, if you stay around us for a while you'll hopefully get used to this back and forth stuff."
Deske

Post by Deske »

MrNeonShot wrote: "I happen to love hamburgers. Though I don't mind staying with Margret and looking into some case files, if you 2 would like to have dinner alone." Matthias said with a smile.
Entering Albertsons, Matt took off his glasses and his hood to reveal his black coloration (if nobody had already noticed) and his white eyes, like 2 moons floating around in a dark night.
Maria looked around the store, seeing some albertsons cookies immediately to the right of the door, she gasps, picking them up and telling Matt to come over.
"We should bring this with us to dinner tonight! Albertsons has really great cookies." She said.
Matt nodded, feeling the bag and the seal before shaking his head.
"Wait until we get to the bakery section. I'm sure they have a fresh batch being packaged at this very moment." Matt replied.
Maria nodded and set it back down.
"Good point!"

"Oh no it's fine. It'll give you a chance to meet Markuss, my owner. Do you have a phone number that I can contact you later this evening?"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Matt reached into his pocket and handed the dog a card that had their phone number on it.
"Yeah, here it is." he said. As they walked around, Matt had to ask "So what else do we need for the burgers?" Matthias asked.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I was going to get some ground beef and buns. We've got spices and the like at home so we don't have to buy any of that."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Blithe nodded and began to think, "Well, there was the time our family went sky diving. My parachute didn't open, but luckily Sky was just below me and caught me." He shuddered before muttering, "Never again."

Sky sighed, smiling, "Sort of disappointing about the lack of future sky diving plans. It was fun. But don't forget the time we were swinging on vines, around the same time as the bear. Vine snapped, luckily some water broke our fall... It just came to me we have a habit of falling."

Blithe shrugged, "As long as something always catches us as we fall, it should be fine."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"you actually mentioned the skydiving thing already," Chris mentioned. "but yeah, you better hope the ground doesn't catch you first."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

"Nice to meet you Larkin, normally I have tools myself. But I have an errand over at CrimTech, so I needed the pack space." He looked at his backpack on the ground. "You know, they have a museum there, takes up five or seven floors. You should see it if you like mechanical things. Oh! Also I do believe I might be there to assist in unveiling the towns new name later today, you might like to visit, its a free party after all." Dorian said, finishing up on his part of the repairs. Looking at Larkin he asked "How is the progress on the bike on your side?"
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Civilization wrote:Uistean looked with a suppressed fake frown at Yves after he helped the wolf back up, then at the wolf, "Yeah, yeah, don't encourage him. My cooking isn't that bad."
Yves smiled, "Fine it isn't bad at all, just don't be giving all to others that you meet. Not everyone has as much resistance to your food as I do."
"Hey!"
"Oh relax, I'm only teasing." He looked at the wolf, "His food is fine, wasteful, but fine."
Uistean pressed his look at Yves again, "It is, otherwise we wouldn't be needing to go to the grocery store almost every few days."
"Yeah but you know you like eating all of it too." Uistean looked at the wolf, "Sorry, if you stay around us for a while you'll hopefully get used to this back and forth stuff."
Not sure whether to find the ferret's antics funny, or alarming, after all they're talking about wasting food, Strike just settles on her best 'snacks, please?' face and starts staring at Uistean.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Blithe's brow furrowed as he adopted a look of confusion, "I did? Huh." He started to look annoyed with himself. Sky's eye twitched after realizing she basically had short term memory loss, for a short term. Blithe shook his head before turning it towards Chris, "Ahem, while we collect our thoughts, how about you regail us with an adventure of your own?" He asked, sounding a bit bothered by the embarassing slip.