Non HPU:Chival Res OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Re: Non HPU:Chival Res OOC

Post by Jacey »

Most likely.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Here's my character that I've been meaning to make for months.

Character Name: Relic Oraeda
Owner Name: Anna Oraeda
Species: Opossum

Appearance: Relic has dark gray fur on her paws and her calfs. Her toes and fingers are furless and pink. She wears a blue pirate coat that is obviously way to big for her, with red sleeves that reach down at least 4 inches past her paws. Her eyes are dark blue. Her torso, thighs, and her face have light gray fur.

Personality: Relic is super energetic. She has to move at all times. This causes her focus to change almost every minute. Though every once in a while, Relic will hyper focus on one thing and border on being obsessed with it, no matter what it is. This has lead to her stealing a lot of things over time. Relic hoards most of the things she steals in her coat, at least what she can fit. She comes off as annoying and speaks whatever is on her mind, no matter how rude it may be, though she never means to hurt someone by it. Relic is extremely fast due to her large amount of energy and she is also good at sneaking around without being caught or seen. She has a hard time trusting people she thinks are bad. Relic will also never let anyone touch the stuff she stole, unless that person has her absolute undying trust.

Background: Relic grew up by herself in an alley, having to scavenge for food and other things to live. One day, she followed Anna home and sneaked into her house to look for food. Anna happened to be in the kitchen when Relic sneaked in and, feeling bad for the opossum, took her in and raised her. Relic started stealing things from her neighbors every so often. Anna made her give them back, but Relic kept the pirate coat. She has been trying to cut down on her stealing, but she still does every once in a while.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Hello everyone. So there will be changes like I said coming soon. Nothing big, no need to change any characters. Though there will be a change in back story that you can change later to reflect parts of it if you wish.

But one thing I need to ask of all of you is your input on two things (a third as well but #3 isn't to important and more a fun idea).
The first is, we need a city name. I was thinking comet city. Kind of in stride to actual comic book towns. As well in idaho we have cities with french names and origins, native American (I don't recall the particular dialect), one city called star, eagle, even a city named because it is on a meridian line. So the name would fit.
So don't be shy, let's see what we all like

Secondly, game mechanics. There were a lot of mechanics thrown in, dice rolls and such. I am thinking of changing some of this, maybe to just a few dice rolls depending on different situations. So big events like we had, if your character has never tried to do something like a back flip, we could roll. Or see if your character hits the target. As well we could do away with dice and play like the other rp's.

Since I am going to be gm now I want to see if I can help get things started back up and get a good pace going and keep the rp enjoyable. But to do that I would like to communicate more and get input and opinions.
RP Characters:
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Well, I don't think any of us want to be waiting forever for a die/dice roll. But it's a very good way to keep things balanced and a little on edge too. So I'd keep the rolling system simple and use it for those things that characters having done before and for those moments when something could go either way.

for example the fight between the Red Panda and the big guy should have a few rolls in it, mostly to see if the punches land. Larkin on the other hand is being left alone with nothing to oppose what he's doing, so it's safe to assume that he can get on with what he's doing at his own pace. When someone else becomes involved the rolls start.

Also, I liked to have a table that has generic things we need to and don't need to roll for, so that when we are in doubt a quick check can prevent a massive stall in posts.

With regards to communication over this, the less that's needed the quicker the posts can be made. So if someone does something affecting another character, do the rolls and pass the results on to the relevant person, i.e. the person how needs to make the most with the results in it. I don't need to know before hand if my improvised thing is going to do what is intended, I will find that out in an upcoming post. If however, it backfires and Larkin is affected I'll need to know so I can make the post covering the mishap. Point being we don't need to go back and worth over the stuff in between. The quickest way I can see to do this is... Request for a roll, roll made, results given, post made. I think having a pick one out of three rolls slows things down as you have ... choices given, option taken, in the process too. It makes the process take about 50% longer.

However I do think we don't use this OOC to communicate things that much.
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

that is some great input Hiat , thanks a lot , we'll look into that :)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I'd like to make an argument on not even having an rpg system at all.
Like Hound said, we have to wait forever for a gm to make a roll, and then another amount of time for the person to actually post. However, even if we just leave one gm as a choice for the rolls, I think it's completely unnecessary for an action, even if it's considered a major action. I suggest just taking out the system all together and use standard rp rules.
For example, if you don't want Litho to explode into tiny pieces, just say "the bomb has this much time for Litho to toss it down". Don't even worry about the specifics. Just... if the gm's have a story and they want to follow said story, plan out the scene together. No complicated rolls, no rpg stats. Just play. It keeps the story going way faster.
Use your stats as a guideline on how your characters will react in a certain situation.

That also brings me to a second thing. Matt's super ability is to sense the vibrations off of everything in the room. Now that he knows what the bombs look like, can a gm please just... tell me where the bombs are so Matt can react to them when he senses them? Please?

Edit: Huh. the bombs stop when touched?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

I would like to have my input here , but since Iron Panda is the true GM now , he might have something to add later on. These are just my opinion, not like final answer or anything.
MrNeonShot wrote:I'd like to make an argument on not even having an rpg system at all.
Like Hound said, we have to wait forever for a gm to make a roll, and then another amount of time for the person to actually post.
yes I agree that the delay is a bit of an issue from what we've experienced so far, but the largest delay of them all is not exactly due to a delay of the system nor the GMs , but from another , unfortunate reason. With that said still , the smaller waits between rolling request and the actual post is still a noticeable amount of time, and so we'll try to fix that, I assure you, as in giving out the roll result as a hopefully much faster rate than it was before these changes.
As for the amount of time for that player to actually post, well unfortunately that's not something we have any control over , as it's not connected to the rolling thingy in any real ways. With or without the rpg system, if for some reason a player is unable to continue posting while their character is an important character at the moment, then we'll still be stuck regardless. That happened a lot before in multiple RPs , sooooooo :P
MrNeonShot wrote:However, even if we just leave one gm as a choice for the rolls, I think it's completely unnecessary for an action, even if it's considered a major action. I suggest just taking out the system all together and use standard rp rules.
The idea when this system was implemented is, at least to my belief, to limit the power of the characters so that it won't become overwhelming for anyone. Without limitation and a certain chance of failure, each and every powers we current have right now can do countless things with devastating result should the player wants to and has enough imagination. This includes powers with lasting effects, homing abilities, etc etc....And it would probably just becomes a powercreep fest, like dragon ball or naruto.
MrNeonShot wrote:Don't even worry about the specifics. Just... if the gm's have a story and they want to follow said story, plan out the scene together. No complicated rolls, no rpg stats. Just play. It keeps the story going way faster.
Use your stats as a guideline on how your characters will react in a certain situation.
We do have a story in mind, but like I said, the start is quite a bumpy ride, because of time constrains and other minor reasons, the roll delay being one of them, which we'll try to fix hopefully very soon. The roll is really nothing complicated at all, but I think it need to change a bit as well, but as it stands, to avoid powerplay, I think it should still be here. Now imagine if we were to fix the slow result thing, if you wanna do something, and just from a few hours to a day later you get your result, and you post rightaway, would that be much slower than the normal RP ?
MrNeonShot wrote: Use your stats as a guideline on how your characters will react in a certain situation.
yeah I'm pretty sure everyone has been doing that anyway :P . Just that sometimes the power can function regardless of the physical stats of the user.
MrNeonShot wrote: That also brings me to a second thing. Matt's super ability is to sense the vibrations off of everything in the room. Now that he knows what the bombs look like, can a gm please just... tell me where the bombs are so Matt can react to them when he senses them? Please?
you know, you could've just have Matt trying to do that in the RP and poke us about it, just saying. We do meet often after all :P
MrNeonShot wrote: Edit: Huh. the bombs stop when touched?
the first went from 7 -> 6
the second goes from 6->5 when touched
sooooo :P

edit : I'm taking a look from Hiat's suggestions , hope it will help improve the situation to the point of acceptable at least :P
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

so a countdown to detonation or a countdown of how many are left... hmm...
Serence wrote:you know, you could've just have Matt trying to do that in the RP and poke us about it, just saying. We do meet often after all :P
I have tried before, but didn't actually get much of a response, though it was for zoning in on Damien's heart beat to test his stress levels.
I'll try to keep it in mind for next time, though
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

I float around the internet like 23/7 , just poke me on skype or something XD
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

MrNeonShot wrote:I'd like to make an argument on not even having an rpg system at all.
Like Hound said, we have to wait forever for a gm to make a roll, and then another amount of time for the person to actually post. However, even if we just leave one gm as a choice for the rolls, I think it's completely unnecessary for an action, even if it's considered a major action. I suggest just taking out the system all together and use standard rp rules.
For example, if you don't want Litho to explode into tiny pieces, just say "the bomb has this much time for Litho to toss it down". Don't even worry about the specifics. Just... if the gm's have a story and they want to follow said story, plan out the scene together. No complicated rolls, no rpg stats. Just play. It keeps the story going way faster.

That also brings me to a second thing. Matt's super ability is to sense the vibrations off of everything in the room. Now that he knows what the bombs look like, can a gm please just... tell me where the bombs are so Matt can react to them when he senses them? Please?

Edit: Huh. the bombs stop when touched?
I think we have... 5 bombs left if I am right, three will be revealed by red lights shown by the buildings systems, but as for exact location serence will have to tell you.
RP Characters:
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

yes we have 5 bombs left
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

I am going to leave those two opinion options open for the next day. Teusday morning (my time) I will start to edit the original post.

Also as a side note. While all playstyles and powers are open. I would like to encourage any new players that join to not choose stealth options. There is nothing wrong with stealth and sneaking. But since a few characters already have it. It would be nice to see some other things. I don't think I would say no. But I might ask why and see if it's needed. But I am saying it here to also see what you all think.
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

As I said in the main ooc, come the 19th I will be away for 3 months. Would anyone be willing to take control over Sirius during that time? I'd prefer not to write him out.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

I'm sure one of us will , but if no one else volunteer , then I'll do it , don't worry about it.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I'd play him, but I don't know if I'd be any good at it
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

you can give it a go , after all your character and his seems to be getting along well anyway :)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Serence Frostbite wrote:you can give it a go , after all your character and his seems to be getting along well anyway :)
Alright, then I'll have control of Rig ^^
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Okay, so I am sorry for my rather odd dissaperance.
Apperently remodeling a store for two weeks and drinking a rather large amount of energy drinks to keep up. Leads to a crash.
So, I see that no one really objects to the ideas presented and we have some ideas presented as well. Very good, I will now update the main post now to reflect that.
RP Characters:
69eist

Post by 69eist »

I'm back.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

welcome back :)
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Welcome back! :D

Also, I think I need a roll to see if I hit Jim with the Captain.
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

HoundInATree wrote:Welcome back! :D

Also, I think I need a roll to see if I hit Jim with the Captain.
Rolls are on hold, but... well it will kind of hit Jim.
Edit: as a side note, I don't know what I will replace or do with the rolls. if I ever do bring it back, it will likely be replaced in its simplest form. I might bring it up next week.
Last edited by Jacey on Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
RP Characters:
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

you know people talk about cats suddenly charge in people faces all the time, but never have I heard one does that with a jetpack :P
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

I made an edit on my last post about rolls.

I am not sure what will happen with them. But for now, we are holding off on doing them.
I have some ideas that I want to talk to serence about, see if it could work, then bring it up here.
RP Characters:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Woops! I forgot to post my last post!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

it's alright ^^
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Does anyone here remember this cartoon show? X3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJlnH3C4hvs
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

haha yeah I remember that :lol:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

uh, i'm kinda stuck.

Ghost doesn't like to back down, but irl snags have had me offline toomuch lately for her to jump back in, she's been idle too long. >.<
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

If you want I can have Dorian pull Ghost out of the building. Since some bombs are about to explode. I just need to have him finish fighting the rooster.

Also sorry for the inactivity myself, work got weird and I haven't been sleeping well. So my activity has been happening on my weekends. But since we need this arc finished we might rush to the end. Which is The villains escaping and bombs going off right now. I have to get back to work. But I will edit this post later with ideas for arc 2
RP Characters:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Poke?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Yeah i guess that works. Better than anything i'm coming up with.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

MrNeonShot wrote:Poke?
Iron panda is having a big change in schedule so he's been unable to post recently, hopefully that will be fixed soon.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Oh, okay
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

More or less what serence said. Been having to deal with managers that are not being nice and had a new schedule that I haven't been able to adjust to (like right now it is 11am for me. And I should be in bed because I have to be at work tonight and need the sleep). Very sorry for vanishing, now that buster is also okay with my actions. I can start posting something later. Either when I wake up or tomorrow morning.
RP Characters:
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Hey, sorry for not being around much. Work got a little crazy (supposed to be worse this week).
So I was wondering if there were any story arc ideas any of you had before I started the one I am working on.
RP Characters:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I've got Matt's uniform ready!! :D
[Wrong link]
I freaking love it! I'd like to give him fire magic/abilities when this arc is over
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

MrNeonShot wrote:I've got Matt's uniform ready!! :D
http://fav.me/d99avxp
I freaking love it! I'd like to give him fire magic/abilities when this arc is over
You what Matt to be an overinflated pool toy?
Also, this could happen. Send me a pm with your magic ideas and such and we can talk things out.
RP Characters:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Iron Panda wrote:
MrNeonShot wrote:I've got Matt's uniform ready!! :D
http://fav.me/d99avxp
You what Matt to be an overinflated pool toy?
Also, this could happen. Send me a pm with your magic ideas and such and we can talk things out.
Sorry! Wrong link >.<*
http://fav.me/d9q81q1
That's the real one
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

It's fine. I like the picture though. He looks intimidating.
RP Characters: