Non HPU:Chival Res OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Non HPU:Chival Res OOC

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

A thought or two on the Superman idea.

It could, possibly, be made to work but it would need some work. Having one thing he's vulnerable to is a bit cliche and, if it's a rare element, the amount of it found around the city would need to be unrealistic.

But two British Heroes had ways of radomising how powerful they are.

Captain Britain. Can fly. He's Super Strong and is nearly invulnerable. He even has a forcefield built into his suit that allows him to survive in space for periods of time. The reason for the last is because the others are concentrated inside him. And are entirely dependent on his confidence. If he doubts himself, his levels drop. Hence why he's often in a team framework.

The oither is 2000AD's superhero Zenith. His abilities are based on Astral Charts from the date of his birth. They've worked out the 'line curves' of the map. When they bottom out, he's helpless. When at their peak he has supersonic flight and the same strength as Colossus of the X-Men. The Chart limitations are known but, as one kidnapper found out, they kept back a secret. he's a Rock Star. So the known date of his birth was altered to match Elvis's date and month of birth.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Captain Britain. Can fly. He's Super Strong and is nearly invulnerable. He even has a forcefield built into his suit that allows him to survive in space for periods of time. The reason for the last is because the others are concentrated inside him. And are entirely dependent on his confidence. If he doubts himself, his levels drop. Hence why he's often in a team framework.
I've never heard of that one before.
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

HoundInATree wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
I've never heard of that one before.
He's a marvel hero. I don't know anything about him except when the Guardians of the Galaxy teamed up with him.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Captain Britain. The new powers and limits were imposed on him in CAPTAIN BRITAIN AND MI:13. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain ... _abilities
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

Oh boy, here we go.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Now THAT is a power!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Everyone from London to Moscow is now moving slightly above the pace of not moving at all. Perfect rolls. I Just love Nat20's. It's slow, but noticeable. Slow enough that you could literally walk next to a bullet as it flew.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

er......what ? ^^"
Deske

Post by Deske »

What has confused you?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

ah that confused me a little bit , because no one mentioned London or Moscow , and then I remembered your character's power , and then the joke made sense :P
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

And now I'm visualising the screwdriver flying in slow motion towards Captain Ketchup. Thank you for this.

RP Character(s)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

hey, geist! where are you?
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

I think he is doing exams right now.

Also, starting Thursday roughly. I will be a lot more sparse than I normally am while I work on and deal with Thanksgiving. So hopefully after the 29th I will be a bit more active (though Christmas is just around the corner)
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
69eist

Post by 69eist »

I'm here.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

69eist wrote:I'm here.
Take your time, dude. I don't mean to pressure you into posting, I was just wondering where you were and how you were. I shoulda pm'd you.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

If you're wondering what my last post is about, I wanted to post something without messing with the whole time thing, so you can have a slow motion thing.

RP Character(s)
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Ladies and gentlefurs, I officially decree that magic is now permitted in this RP.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

yay ! imma get my hat of rabbits
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

With Matt examining ketchup guy, would whoever plays for him explain what exactly is on him in detail just in case Matt can remove the acid pack?
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

The Captain is wearing a leather jacket that is zipped up, inside is more ammunition that would be making some rattling. He has a paint ball mask on and doesn't have a real outfit besides that and jeans. He also has two secondary guns (that I am planning for him to use in a roll later which means he will need some ammo later). His ammo varies from adhesives, fire, explosives, and acid. He is a chemist so he has a variety of modified paint balls.

His costume is supposed to be his "pirate" outfit that he wore at the themed bbq place he used to work at (it closed down). There he was "captain ketchup" where he got the name. Later he will have that costume (sword included).

And I will post more when I get home.
Last edited by Jacey on Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RP Characters:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

alright, cool
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

So deske , your character is constantly affecting the "giant" right now in order to slow him in place right ? As in with his mind or something like that ?

also , what's the limit of his ability ?
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Chival Res is on a temporary halt until announcements have been made.

Expect a big update within a few days.
Last edited by 69eist on Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Personas

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Cool! Can't wait to hear it!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I think it has been long enough to post another post.
I drew a reference for Matt: http://fav.me/d9itjzl
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

he looks nice :)

how about anyone else guys ? Y'all still here ?

Also Deske , what ya decision after our PM if you don't mind me asking ?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I'm waiting on NIW, who last I asked was waiting on a roll from the GMs and was going to confirm if you had gotten the request.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
69eist

Post by 69eist »

You guys may repost. I will announce stuff again later. NIW, your action is approved.
My Personas

Deske

Post by Deske »

Serence Frostbite wrote: Also Deske , what ya decision after our PM if you don't mind me asking ?
I guess successive concentration checks...
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

so like we roll on how long it will last ? Or am I misunderstanding ? Sorry it's not clear to me ^^"
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Hey guys, so as you know we can all start posting again. Well for two weeks we will have the head GM be busy with a few things. So it will be up to myself and Serence to manage the RP. any questions, concerns or anything else go ahead and send serence and myself a PM or post here.

as well I will be attempting to be more active now that things have become more consistent in work stuff, so don't worry I will be here.
RP Characters:
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Woo! I'm still here... Forgot to mention it when asked that time ago.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I'm here! though I didn't see a roll call before posted on the OOC.

If you guys need any more help, I'd be happy to volunteer as a temporary GM (no tag needed)
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

I'm here too. I've just been waiting. For nothing in particular.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Still here too, just waiting for the right moment.

RP Character(s)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

alright from what I gathered from here and the PMs , everyone seems to still be here with us , so yay ! :D
Oh , and as for Deske's answer , sorry that took a while , but I think I get it now after googling, basically just roll every time something happens around him to see if he can keep the concentration required to maintain that slow down time thingy, tell me if I got anything wrong.

Anyway , guys , announcement ^^.
As you guys know we had just resumed from a pause of the RP , 2 actually , kind of. Anyway during that time , aside from solving problems here and there, we've been thinking for a bit, and would like to change a bit in regard of the character's ability, turning it from the more detailed DnD style, where the result of an attempt can varies greatly, to something more along the line of Final Fantasy-style, where each character has a certain amount of specific "skills" utilizing their ability (which you guys already determined from your character sheet) instead. The result of these skills will still slightly varies somewhat, but will be concentrated more around what it's supposed to do instead of randomly. Through this change we hope that the intend from you guys will be better understood and miscommunication will be reduced.

Over time everyone will be able to add more skills into their arsenal, but for now i suggest we start with a small number of skills , maybe 2 abilities and 4 moves as a standard for now, which brings me to the explaining part.
For categorizing sake, there are 2 type of skills :

+ Abilities : skills that buff/affect the user, increasing a certain attribute while decreasing the other, general healing, "battle mode" sort of ability, or anything else that affect the user themselves alone. Usually these types of skills will last for a certain amount of posts in the general area before they expire.
For example , I cast a buff on myself that last for 10 posts, and Iron Panda and 69eist are in the same area/battle as I am , then it will last 10 posts including Iron panda's + 69eist's + mine + the villain's . But the posts from other characters who are not around will not be counted as a duration.

+ Moves : Skill that affect other targets , generally attack, but also supportive ability such as ally buff or healing (medic gun, anyone? :P), this could be melee combat techniques , projectiles such as guns or missiles, or magic missiles, stuff like that. Basically affecting anyone else.

Each character will be awarded a basic attack that players can use without limits. However, skills will require a drawback to prevent overusage.

+The limits may be the following:
Cooldown: For overuse, the skill may not be used for a certain amount of posts.

Last Resort: This Ability may be used onle once per scenario but lasts a certain amount of posts.

Drawback: For every use of the skill, your dice roll will require higher numbers to succeed.
additional dice will be used to affect the results
it can either gain the average of the results
or roll all dices and pick the lower result
this is decided on a case by case basis

Charge: This limit requires characters to make use of a number of posts to power a skill. The effects of the charged skill will last depending on the charge.

Duration base : Some moves, like abilities, can be duration based. Meaning they last a certain amount of post all will expires afterward, going into a cooldown. I would recommend avoid this type of move as much as possible unless it's a Last Resort, but if you really want/need to because of your character's power, then you can use this type of move as well.

Here's an example using my own character, since she's the most basic among us all in my opinion. Her move set isn't complete, but I hope it can help you guys get the idea of what the changes are.
Alexis's temporary moveset wrote:ability 1: Muirautcnasian’s awakening
Alexis embraces the magical side of her ancestry , transforming her into a pure blood magical warrior for a short period of time , unlocking her inner strength , thus required for her to engage in combat. Increase attack, moving speed, and regeneration but put a strain on her body , thus unable to maintain for long period of time . Receiving damage during this form shorten the duration as well.

1-20 post : stage 1 , minor regeneration
21-30 post : first half of stage 2 , moderate regeneration
31-40 post : second half of stage 2 , moderate regeneration , unlocking Beast's sense
40-60 post : stage 3 , high regeneration , maintaining Beast's sense until the 60th post
after that , she can no longer fight

1st stage: result is the average of 2 rolls
2nd stage: result is the lower of the 2 rolls
3rd stage: result is lower of the 3 rolls
1st stage will use the standard d6
2nd will use a d8
and the 3rd will use a d10

Ability 2 : Beast’s sense
enraged and consumed by her own hatred for the misdeed , Alexis locks her sense onto her prey and her prey alone , being able to detect the target from a far distance away , regardless of any obstacles in the way like walls for mountains. This however leaves her easily blind-sided by any other offenders

move 1 : Deflection
the ability to move anything that has enough force/density to another direction , regardless of the materials and strength of the force itself, can only be used in contact with hands and feet

move 2 : Force shock
Transfer a recently received force into the inside of the target , causing a concussive/damaging attack right from the inside , bypassing outside biological defensive such as muscles , scales or hardened skin. Must have contact with a body part of the target , meaning normal armor is enough to prevent this ability from being used.

move 3 (last resort): Avalon’s respite
Releases the remaining of her power , Alexis creates a large circle of life energy for a brief period (5 posts), anyone who is inside this circle will suffer no harm, or damages from any kinds of attack. After 5 posts , the circle expires , and whoever stay in the circle when this happen will have their wounds healed to a non-lethal level, but the victims need to be alive for the skill to affect them , aka can’t bring back the dead . This removes “Muirautcnasian’s awakening” and thus removes Alexis from combat.
Sorry for the wall of text everyone . I hope it's not too confusing. Feel free to ask for suggest anything we can improve this system. We're still trying out new things so any helps would be much appreciated. Hope you guys have a good day and hope to hear from you all soon ^^.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

I'm going to have to have another read of this when I'm not as tired. Understood the general gist of it, just need to work on understanding finer details.

RP Character(s)
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

It will be a work in progress for a while and a learning experience. One that I encourage everyone take their time on. I know I am going to be taking my time on it.

As well, for those that like a little lore and stuff for RP's here is some stuff that I have as a backstory in my mind for my characters.
1. In the future, Dorian has a pretty large gallery of foes, including some created by a certain player (that we will reveal later), a metallic dragon robot, and an android clone. So expect his enemies to be of the robotic and genetically enhanced types later (though he will have a magic based villain as well).

2. Now that I can finally talk about it, Edward (Dorians adopted father) was a superhero at one point in time, he can teleport and use a few other tricks and is one of the more powerful magic users in the RP thanks to being the guardian of a special dimension that gives him (and a few others) powers. Now that magic is allowed, this way will be one way for players (current and new) to use magic. However right now I need to work out how it all works and the problems with magic for this RP, (mostly, I want to make sure that we all can have fun with it and we also don't break any possible forum rules). Think of Edward as a batman like character that can teleport (also, Zantana and Doctor strange are good examples of his magical ability. But he wont be using a lot of it anymore and in the RP, he is an NPC and will only really show up to move a story around right now.)

3. Edward was also a bounty hunter for a time, and a very good one. He has connections with quite a few different groups, and thanks to his hero status and his fame as a bounty hunter. He also has put fear into hearts of a few criminal organizations (no one knows Edward is the same hero, just that the city the rp takes place in, would be a risky area to break the law in since its rumored he lives there now).

4. I might have said it before here, but Dorians suit and "Chip" is made in the future (mentioned in the rp) by Barry and Sam from steelhaven (this wont happen in the actual rp, its not canon to that rp at all...unless lego says its okay for my characters to have this as a future back story for them or something).

5. Captain ketchup; I know he is a silly character. Honestly he was intended as a joke when the RP was formed, a test and a joke for Dorian to fight when making up an example on something. He took hold as a serious character and I placed him in the RP as Dorians "unofficial nemesis". He is the combination of an actual condiment themed villain from DC Comics, Captain cold (or at least the one right now on the flash tv series, not sure how the comic version is like) and the trickster (is it obvious that I do like the Flash and his villains?)

6. Brain was going to be a Hawkeye/Green Arrow character, but those plans are not happening, instead he will be taking up a new role and ability soon when his character sheet is made.

7. I hope you guys like easter eggs because I am going to be putting a few in.
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

Oh boy, from D&D to MOBA style.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

I was thinking like an MMORPG that I used to play (which followed the same idea here).
If I understood the conversation right, 69 and serence were going to allow our characters to add more skills and abilities later (for example, Dorian is going to have a rocket glove attack later that should let him do some interesting fight moves).
RP Characters: