Non HPU:Chival Res OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Civilization

Re: Non HPU:Chival Res OOC

Post by Civilization »

Well, if Serence is okay with it I guess I can work it out.

And I guess I'll vote on the one nominated name from Deske, I like it.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

I have to agree with neon, why do we need a timeskip for such a short span?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

As much as I can see Neons side, I can also see the side of, "Unless everyone agrees that their actions are going to take 30 minutes, it could drag out forever."

I guess I'll change my vote to 'Either Or'
69eist

Post by 69eist »

The mall closes in 30 minutes. It gives workers time to go home, take care of what they need and head out for the ceremony. It's not necessarily the amount of time it takes for it to start. Also, this is to give everyone new space to write with.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

alright, I'm for a time skip.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Sorry it took so long. Things were happening and I didn't know I was holding posts up. But, yea, all for timeskip.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Sorry it took so long. Things were happening and I didn't know I was holding posts up. But, yea, all for timeskip.
no problem, I should have nudged you sooner. plus I was only waiting to not leave you behind, I could have just posted if I wanted to. I've just been kinda busy with homework, so I was fine with waiting.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
69eist

Post by 69eist »

I guess I should've let Neon Icy know it was his/her turn.... I'm sorry, are you a guy or girl? I'm not very familiar with you.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

'Tis fine. And I'm a guy by the way.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Players, please be informed that I will be absent from HP! for two to three days. I will have limited access to the forums. If you need anything, you may contact Iron Panda or Serence.
My Personas

Deske

Post by Deske »

I will be gone until Saturday. There is no internet in the mountains of North California. Such is why I was not here these past couple of days. If you need Sirius feel free to drag him along.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Time skip shall initiate in two days.
My Personas

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yay!
I haven't replied yet 'cause I'm waiting for the skip.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

One more note, if any of you don't want to participate in the Crim Tech break in, you may opt to do another small scenario to keep yourselves busy. I have made contingency plans.
My Personas

Deske

Post by Deske »

I just don't know what I would have Sirius do.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

I have some ideas and suggestions that I can type up later when I get home from work (roughly 5 hours from now).
Since sirius can do some certain things. Depending on what happens with Dorian, his abilities will be super useful.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Deske

Post by Deske »

Well I'm on a mountain so 5 hours from now will probably render me without internet. But unless I regain it before Saturday, I'll check then.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Your connection will return on Saturday?
My Personas

Deske

Post by Deske »

Well I'm out of the mountains and currently heading through more populated areas, I will have an internet connection aside from the plane flights.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

yay ^^ , see you soon Deske
Deske

Post by Deske »

Oh ho ho Drake that's a fun idea.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

(don't mind me, these are random ramblings for the week, I plan to do these every week, even do some recap in the story or back ground stuff)

So I edited my post a bit. In his first week as a hero Dorian did save a family from a burning building. He did scare off Captain Ketchup from the restaurant but did loose that fight, and his most impressive achievement was saving a school bus from being buried alive when a drunk driver forced the bus off the road into a construction zone. Dorian dug the bus out and pulled it and the occupants to safety. This would have been mentioned in the news and social media, earning him some respect for being an actual hero.

Also, I hope you guys are liking Dorian as a character, his development, also the CrimTech building. Edward built it with the idea in mind of not only providing free education, but also as a good after school program to keep kids off the streets and inspire/encourage them to learn math and science and such. So imagine a not so self centered Tony Stark, but is more trying to improving the city.
So any comments on the character or criticisms are excepted (yes, sorry for the long post, I get it, the post was long).

hmmm what else. Oh! also I did tie my rp characters together, Brian is the cousin to Draco from applegate (also Draco is dognapped. so he wont be around for a while) and is the ancestor to Barry in steelhaven. Dorian started the project that led to serences character in steelhaven also, and built the lunar colony where Barry is from.

I also might make short stories for Brian as he builds his hero identity and his standards.

Captain Ketchup also has a code/creed. He isn't going to kill innocent civilians, not taking over the world or anything like that, he is in this for the fun and as well. He will see a big character development/story change soon as well.

Also on a more official note: We are going to have the fight soon, there also are story arcs in the making that will hopefully be fun and awesome.
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

Think there's a chance of a Joker-esque villain? Just in it for the fun in madness and chaos, no care for life whatsoever.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

oh yeah definitely , I actually need a villain like that in the future .
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Deske wrote:Think there's a chance of a Joker-esque villain? Just in it for the fun in madness and chaos, no care for life whatsoever.
We currently don't have one but we could use one in a future arc.
My Personas

Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Deske wrote:Think there's a chance of a Joker-esque villain? Just in it for the fun in madness and chaos, no care for life whatsoever.
I don't see why we cant.

Actually, we have to make sure we get a joker that is closer to the batman: the animated series. As the joker has done some very not forum appropriate stuff in the comics. But as long as we tread carrfully. I don't see why not.
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

We've had death here. I'm sure we can get genocide on the list of unapproachable topics. /joke
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

true but it depends still , the general point is , those stuff will be generally acceptable , as long as it's not descriptive , graphic , or be a center of the attention of the plot
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

What if we have a villain organization that kills someone and that murder investigation is used to reveal this new criminal organization?

Also what if our criminal organization gets a little... well... "Lets sacrifice people for our goddess so that she give us super powers"? or is that to much?
RP Characters:
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

I gotta ask the other mods about this to be sure , but , if the murder investigation is more about collecting clues and almost to description of what happened to the corpse , then that part is OK , if we are careful
as for the organization , the intention is ok , as long as they don't do it on screen , then it's fine , I think
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Murder mysteries and conspiracies are fine and can even be done on-screen as long as it's not a main character and it's not graphically described but I think human sacrifice/pet sacrifice might be pushing things a bit too much, sorry.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

69eist

Post by 69eist »

Hey guys, please note that pets are able to eat normal food.
My Personas

Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Hlaoroo wrote:Murder mysteries and conspiracies are fine and can even be done on-screen as long as it's not a main character and it's not graphically described but I think human sacrifice/pet sacrifice might be pushing things a bit too much, sorry.
That's fine, like we just talked about on skype. I worked out a new plan and evil organization that should prove to be interesting and evil enough still.

also players: Yes I am planning to build an organization of villains; They are now called "servants of the Pale Moon" they don't do that dark of stuff and are part of a future story arc that is going to be slowly building up. Mostly by me, in my weekly posts here an in the rp. and it will be arc 5 for this arc and villains to officially show up. So we all have to wait.

Also arcs 2-4 are in the planning stages.
arc 5 is just early because I planned it out with serence and we got permission to add it.... so yay
RP Characters:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I've been out for a few days, sorry. I hope I haven't missed anything.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

welcome back Neon , nothing really happened , just a small time skip to when the founding ceremony of the city is about to begin .
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Does everyone agree on our tech guy being named Harvey Tron Ackerman, the human?
My Personas

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

I have no objection
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I don't really care for the name, but since I'm out voted, I don't see why not.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

you mean with your character , the tree frog evil genius ?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Serence Frostbite wrote:you mean with your character , the tree frog evil genius ?
That's the one. I know Ackerman isn't supposed to be more than a support character, but he's waaay too cliche for me.