Sonic Adventure: Grand Metropolis

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: Sonic Adventure: Grand Metropolis

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

WeirdGamer wrote:"Oh," replied Astra sounding a little disappointed. "So do you see anything useful on it?"
"Well, it does have some distinctive markings, but nothing I recognize," Forge replied as he looked over the robot, he had begun to take apart. he turned it to show Astra the markings in question. "These mean anything to you?"
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:
"Nah, nothing yet."

Unknown to neither of them, Toshi was on the ground behind them. He was following them, waiting patiently. He opened his wings and I'm a loaf of bread with no raisins up, colliding with Alpha in a heavy bodyslam that would have more than likely knocked Beacon off. Alpha screeched and lost control for a moment, but regained just as quickly. He turned to face Toshi, his face calm.

"I'm not going to fight you."

"Lie again, boy."

Alpha smirked and threw himself at Toshi.
Beacon fell to the ground and rolled. "Oh, a little warning next time!" She stumbled onto her feet and brushed herself off before noticing Toshi and Alpha fighting.

She leaped onto to Toshi and joined Alpha in the fray.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "Well, it does have some distinctive markings, but nothing I recognize," Forge replied as he looked over the robot, he had begun to take apart. he turned it to show Astra the markings in question. "These mean anything to you?"
Astra looked at the symbol intensely for a minute. I feel like I know this," she said.

She scrunched her face up and concentrated before suddenly lighting up. "Ah ha! I believe its the symbol of someone called 'The Doctor'. Some underworld person or something."
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

WeirdGamer wrote:Astra looked at the symbol intensely for a minute. I feel like I know this," she said.

She scrunched her face up and concentrated before suddenly lighting up. "Ah ha! I believe its the symbol of someone called 'The Doctor'. Some underworld person or something."

"huh, didn't think the underworld dealt in small robots, " the lion said, continuing to disassemble the bot. "pretty good quality too, so either they have a competent roboticist on the pay roll or these things are more useful than they look."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Toshi was bested. He hit the ground with a heavy thud and Alpha was on him in a second, pressing his foot against Toshi's neck ruthlessly. He left it there for a good few seconds, watching Toshi struggle, before he lifted it up and placed it on his chest instead, holding him down. Alpha's eyes glowed with rage as he spoke slowly and darkly.

"You. Traitor."
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:Toshi was bested. He hit the ground with a heavy thud and Alpha was on him in a second, pressing his foot against Toshi's neck ruthlessly. He left it there for a good few seconds, watching Toshi struggle, before he lifted it up and placed it on his chest instead, holding him down. Alpha's eyes glowed with rage as he spoke slowly and darkly.

"You. Traitor."
Beacon was not usually one to be timid, but she only crept a few feet forward to Alpha and Toshi. "Uh, Alpha, maybe you should lighten up. Don't want to do something you will regret."
----------------------------
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "huh, didn't think the underworld dealt in small robots, " the lion said, continuing to disassemble the bot. "pretty good quality too, so either they have a competent roboticist on the pay roll or these things are more useful than they look."
Astra's face scrunched up in concentration again. "I...I...can't remember," she finally said, sounding very dejected. She sighed heavily. :What's wrong with me?"

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

WeirdGamer wrote:At the beach a small spider-like robot watched Quasi from the cover of a nearby picnic basket.
Quasi didn't pay no mind to anything while walking along, in a place like this there really couldn't have been. There was water, sand, other people going about their day. He hated times like this, everything was good, but boring and slow, which in the end didn't do much for him. And the interesting fellows that he had meant he had lost, probably not to see again. He had to think of something else to do, or think of something that he could work with.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

The small robot made its way out of the picnic blanket and ran in-between Quasi's legs. It looked up at him at him with its large red eye before scurrying along the beach towards some unknown destination.

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

WeirdGamer wrote: Beacon was not usually one to be timid, but she only crept a few feet forward to Alpha and Toshi. "Uh, Alpha, maybe you should lighten up. Don't want to do something you will regret."
Alpha snorted and stepped off Toshi, the older bird standing up. Alpha glared at him.

"Don't you dare run."

Toshi stood in place and Alpha began to circle him like a vulture.

"Why did you run?"

"I-I-"

"Don't lie to me, Toshi."

"I was just following orders!"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

WeirdGamer wrote:Astra's face scrunched up in concentration again. "I...I...can't remember," she finally said, sounding very dejected. She sighed heavily. :What's wrong with me?"
"Can't remember what?" Forge asked slightly confused. the robot was now nearly completely disassembled.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

WeirdGamer wrote:The small robot made its way out of the picnic blanket and ran in-between Quasi's legs. It looked up at him at him with its large red eye before scurrying along the beach towards some unknown destination.
Quasi looked at it, then quickly around to see if someone was operating it. Finding no one that looked interesting or connected in any way he looked at the little machine run away, well, that was something. So he ran off after it.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote: Alpha snorted and stepped off Toshi, the older bird standing up. Alpha glared at him.

"Don't you dare run."

Toshi stood in place and Alpha began to circle him like a vulture.

"Why did you run?"

"I-I-"

"Don't lie to me, Toshi."

"I was just following orders!"
"Yeah, because that's always a legitimate excuse," snorted Beacon. She glanced around at the crowd around. "Uh, we might want to hurry this up. Corp security could be on our tails any minute."
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "Can't remember what?" Forge asked slightly confused. the robot was now nearly completely disassembled.
"Well...anything really," said Astra, ""It's kind of a long story..."
Civilization wrote:Quasi looked at it, then quickly around to see if someone was operating it. Finding no one that looked interesting or connected in any way he looked at the little machine run away, well, that was something. So he ran off after it.
The robot lead to a lion and a skink talking while the lion held a disassembled version of the robot.
"Gah! Another one!"

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

WeirdGamer wrote:
"Yeah, because that's always a legitimate excuse," snorted Beacon. She glanced around at the crowd around. "Uh, we might want to hurry this up. Corp security could be on our tails any minute."
"Hop on my back, Beacon."

Alpha threw his board out and stepped on, pulling Toshi up by his front. He glared directly into his eyes, giving him the same look when he told him not to run.

"We can go back to my house."
My characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

WeirdGamer wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "Can't remember what?" Forge asked slightly confused. the robot was now nearly completely disassembled.
"Well...anything really," said Astra, ""It's kind of a long story..."
Civilization wrote:Quasi looked at it, then quickly around to see if someone was operating it. Finding no one that looked interesting or connected in any way he looked at the little machine run away, well, that was something. So he ran off after it.
The robot lead to a lion and a skink talking while the lion held a disassembled version of the robot.
"Gah! Another one!"
"huh?" forge exclaimed, surprised that there was another one. He immediately set down what was left of the first robot and grabbed the new one, immediately removing its legs. "oh no you don't. Gotta see two examples to make sure the first didn't have any strange components. and if they are from a criminal, It's probably better if I keep these. though I'm not the greatest at programming so I'll need to ask my guy for that." At this point he was mostly talking to himself.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:
"Hop on my back, Beacon."

Alpha threw his board out and stepped on, pulling Toshi up by his front. He glared directly into his eyes, giving him the same look when he told him not to run.

"We can go back to my house."
Beacon hopped on his back again. I really need to get myself on of these," muttered Beacon, "Getting real tired of hitching piggyback rides. I do have some dignity left."
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "huh?" forge exclaimed, surprised that there was another one. He immediately set down what was left of the first robot and grabbed the new one, immediately removing its legs. "oh no you don't. Gotta see two examples to make sure the first didn't have any strange components. and if they are from a criminal, It's probably better if I keep these. though I'm not the greatest at programming so I'll need to ask my guy for that." At this point he was mostly talking to himself.
Astra looked at the robot and then glanced up at the ferret who had followed it and pointed in fear
WeirdGamer wrote:The small robot made its way out of the picnic blanket and ran in-between Quasi's legs. It looked up at him at him with its large red eye before scurrying along the beach towards some unknown destination.

"Gah! That guy must be an agnet or something! With them somehow anyway!"

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

WeirdGamer wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "huh?" forge exclaimed, surprised that there was another one. He immediately set down what was left of the first robot and grabbed the new one, immediately removing its legs. "oh no you don't. Gotta see two examples to make sure the first didn't have any strange components. and if they are from a criminal, It's probably better if I keep these. though I'm not the greatest at programming so I'll need to ask my guy for that." At this point he was mostly talking to himself.
Astra looked at the robot and then glanced up at the ferret who had followed it and pointed in fear

"Gah! That guy must be an agnet or something! With them somehow anyway!"
Quasi looked at Forge and the Skink, surprised to see not only the lion again but another one of those robot things. He was about to ask if it was Forge's but the Skink's reaction to him along with Forge taking the robot apart as fast as possible proved that theory wrong pretty quick. "No, I'm not with the robot!"
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

WeirdGamer wrote:
Beacon hopped on his back again. I really need to get myself on of these," muttered Beacon, "Getting real tired of hitching piggyback rides. I do have some dignity left."
"I-I'll make ya one id ya let me go!"

"You'll make her one regardless.

Alpha kicked off and started toward his apartment building.
My characters!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Civilization wrote:Quasi looked at Forge and the Skink, surprised to see not only the lion again but another one of those robot things. He was about to ask if it was Forge's but the Skink's reaction to him along with Forge taking the robot apart as fast as possible proved that theory wrong pretty quick. "No, I'm not with the robot!"
"Oh yeah, prove it," said Astra, now comfortably behind Forge.
--------------------------
Mickey wrote: "I-I'll make ya one id ya let me go!"

"You'll make her one regardless.

Alpha kicked off and started toward his apartment building.
"You sure your place is safe? Corp security can be pretty through you know," said Beacon.

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

WeirdGamer wrote: "You sure your place is safe? Corp security can be pretty through you know," said Beacon.
"We should be fine, so long as we don't look too suspicious."

Alpha rode his board through the bike lane, like he was supposed to, and instead on the sidewalk. He had Toshi on the board standing in front of him. Alpha tittered and looked as the apartment building came into view.
My characters!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"More than one person on a hoverboard looks suspicious Alpha," said Beacon nervously. "At least this place looks like a good place to lie low."

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Alpha smiled as he jumped off his board, dropping Toshi to his feet. He walked them inside the apartment building, noticing the look the assistant was giving him from the office counter.

"Girl hurt her leg, I carried her here to rest. This is a friend of hers," he gestured to Toshi.

Luckily, the assistant bought this and went back to his work. Alpha shot Beacon a smirk over his shoulder and walked to his apartment, opening the door.

"It should be a bit safer in here."
My characters!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Alright," said Beacon as they entered. "What's our next move?"

She dropped off of Alpha back and stretched.

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

WeirdGamer wrote:"Oh yeah, prove it," said Astra, now comfortably behind Forge.
That question placed Quasi in quite the spot, since there was really no way that he could prove anything. Though he had to come up with something to prove his innocence. Looking at Forge, "I know him..." How was that suppose to help him, he only saw Forge once before. That was not going to be a lot to go off of. He could only hope it could work.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

WeirdGamer wrote:"Alright," said Beacon as they entered. "What's our next move?"

"We get him to talk."

Alpha turned to glare at Toshi, the raven smiling at him as well. Toshi gulped and his feathers ruffled slightly.

"Well, Toshi." Alpha pushed him onto the couch, but not that hard. "Start squawking."
My characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Civilization wrote:
WeirdGamer wrote:"Oh yeah, prove it," said Astra, now comfortably behind Forge.
That question placed Quasi in quite the spot, since there was really no way that he could prove anything. Though he had to come up with something to prove his innocence. Looking at Forge, "I know him..." How was that suppose to help him, he only saw Forge once before. That was not going to be a lot to go off of. He could only hope it could work.
Forge hadn't recognized the Ferret since he was busy with the robot. He looked up when he heard himself mentioned. "Huh? oh, yeah, didn't realize it was you. Guess we both made it to the beach anyway, huh?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:
WeirdGamer wrote:"Alright," said Beacon as they entered. "What's our next move?"

"We get him to talk."

Alpha turned to glare at Toshi, the raven smiling at him as well. Toshi gulped and his feathers ruffled slightly.

"Well, Toshi." Alpha pushed him onto the couch, but not that hard. "Start squawking."
Beacon stood by waiting for the bird's testimony.
---------------------------------
Astra slowly made her way out from behind Forge.

[color=#FF00BF"Alright, I'll trust you...for now."][/color]

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Forge hadn't recognized the Ferret since he was busy with the robot. He looked up when he heard himself mentioned. "Huh? oh, yeah, didn't realize it was you. Guess we both made it to the beach anyway, huh?"
"Yeah, small world."
WeirdGamer wrote: Astra slowly made her way out from behind Forge.

[color=#FF00BF"]Alright, I'll trust you...for now."[/color]
Quasi sighed, a little bit out of relief, "That's all I need for now." He looked at the two robots that Forge now had with him, "So know anything about those things?"
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

WeirdGamer wrote:Beacon stood by waiting for the bird's testimony.
Toshi, knowing full and well he couldn't take them both on at the same time, sighed. The old bird rubbed at his neck for a moment.

"Alright, fine! I'll talk. I work for a guy called 'The Doctor'. He's this big bad guy that makes robots like the ones I had sent out on you. I, as a person, am not evil. I just needed the money. Catch was, I couldn't tell anyone about him or else he'd, uh, 'let me go', if you catch my drift."

"But you just told us!"

Toshi shrugged and Alpha sighed.

"We'll protect you, but only because you have valuable information."
My characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Civilization wrote:Quasi sighed, a little bit out of relief, "That's all I need for now." He looked at the two robots that Forge now had with him, "So know anything about those things?"
"Well, they're well made and are connected to some doctor with underworld connections," Forge answered. "They seem to have surveillance equipment, presumably broadcasting a signal to someone." then he picked up the newer, less disassembled robot and turned its front towards his face. "Hi, whoever's watching. Let the creator know he did a great job with these guys, but they should probably do a better job of not getting caught. probably gonna give these guys to the authorities."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "Well, they're well made and are connected to some doctor with underworld connections," Forge answered. "They seem to have surveillance equipment, presumably broadcasting a signal to someone." then he picked up the newer, less disassembled robot and turned its front towards his face. "Hi, whoever's watching. Let the creator know he did a great job with these guys, but they should probably do a better job of not getting caught. probably gonna give these guys to the authorities."
"Yeah," Astra chimed in, "And stop sending these things after me!"
-------------
Mickey wrote:
WeirdGamer wrote:Beacon stood by waiting for the bird's testimony.
Toshi, knowing full and well he couldn't take them both on at the same time, sighed. The old bird rubbed at his neck for a moment.

"Alright, fine! I'll talk. I work for a guy called 'The Doctor'. He's this big bad guy that makes robots like the ones I had sent out on you. I, as a person, am not evil. I just needed the money. Catch was, I couldn't tell anyone about him or else he'd, uh, 'let me go', if you catch my drift."

"But you just told us!"

Toshi shrugged and Alpha sighed.

"We'll protect you, but only because you have valuable information."
"Uh Alpha, can I talk to you for a minute?" asked Beacon, waving him over to a corner.

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Alpha told Toshi to stay put before following Beacon to the corner.

"What's up?"
My characters!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Do you really want to do this?" asked Beacon. "We're just normal people and these guys...are not. A merchant doesn't take on a pirate unless their hand is forced." She glanced nervously over to Toshi. "We could leave this city and not come back. It's not our problem..."

She paused for a long while before continuing, "You're the first person I've met here that could make a shipmate, and I might be willing to be one, but we really need to think this trough.""

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Alpha was about to answer, when Toshi walked over, laughing. He pushed up the feathers around his neck, showing a chip.

"Too late to run away, kids. They'll be here soon. I'd run."

"Why you lying-!"

Alpha quickly deduced that he didn't have enough time to kill Toshi. He grabbed Beacon by the hand and ran towards the window, jumping out of it. He immediately took flight, putting Beacon on his back, and began flying as far away as possible.

"Don't worry about where we're going."
My characters!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

WeirdGamer wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "Well, they're well made and are connected to some doctor with underworld connections," Forge answered. "They seem to have surveillance equipment, presumably broadcasting a signal to someone." then he picked up the newer, less disassembled robot and turned its front towards his face. "Hi, whoever's watching. Let the creator know he did a great job with these guys, but they should probably do a better job of not getting caught. probably gonna give these guys to the authorities."
"Yeah," Astra chimed in, "And stop sending these things after me!"
Quasi listened with interest at what all this could have meant. "Hey, you mind if I look at one of those?" Looking at Astra, "So they've sent more than one after you too?"
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:Alpha was about to answer, when Toshi walked over, laughing. He pushed up the feathers around his neck, showing a chip.

"Too late to run away, kids. They'll be here soon. I'd run."

"Why you lying-!"

Alpha quickly deduced that he didn't have enough time to kill Toshi. He grabbed Beacon by the hand and ran towards the window, jumping out of it. He immediately took flight, putting Beacon on his back, and began flying as far away as possible.

"Don't worry about where we're going."
"It's hard not to worry," shouted Beacon, "Since, you know, I don't know where we're going!"
----------------------------------------
Civilization wrote: "Yeah," Astra chimed in, "And stop sending these things after me!"
Quasi listened with interest at what all this could have meant. "Hey, you mind if I look at one of those?" Looking at Astra, "So they've sent more than one after you too?"[/quote]

"Well, like three," replied Astra. "But that's three too many!"

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Civilization wrote:Quasi listened with interest at what all this could have meant. "Hey, you mind if I look at one of those?" Looking at Astra, "So they've sent more than one after you too?"
"Sure, knock yourself out," forge answered, lightly tossing the legless robot to the ferret.
WeirdGamer wrote: "Well, like three," replied Astra. "But that's three too many!"
"If I were better with the software side of things, I could probably figure out where they're sending their info," the lion said. "I suppose we could put it back together and follow it but I doubt it would go anywhere if it's supposed to be tailing you."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

WeirdGamer wrote:
"It's hard not to worry," shouted Beacon, "Since, you know, I don't know where we're going!"
"We're going to my family, but not for long. I can't risk putting them in danger."
My characters!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
"If I were better with the software side of things, I could probably figure out where they're sending their info," the lion said. "I suppose we could put it back together and follow it but I doubt it would go anywhere if it's supposed to be tailing you."
Astra thought for a moment and then said, "Could you maybe reprogram it so it thinks its done its job successfully and has to report back?"
---------------------------------
Mickey wrote: "We're going to my family, but not for long. I can't risk putting them in danger."
Beacon clutched Alpha slightly tighter and simply said, "Okay."

She sighed and looked off into the distance. I wish my family was here.

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

WeirdGamer wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Astra thought for a moment and then said, "Could you maybe reprogram it so it thinks its done its job successfully and has to report back?"
"As I said, I'm not great with the software and programming side of things," Forge explained. "I know a guy who could probably help, but he's not local, and I'd need to get him the processor so he could upload the solution. It probably wouldn't be back here for a week, by then it would be suspicious if it returned. Especially since you just mentioned the idea in front of a camera that's streaming right to their bosses." he pointed at the robot he had just tossed to Quasi.

"Plus it's probably just for surveillance, it's already done it's job successfully. Well, up to now."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Sure, knock yourself out," forge answered, lightly tossing the legless robot to the ferret.
Quasi caught the little metal robotic thing, looking it over, but unlike Forge he didn't know much about electronics. Continuing to look at the contraption, right down the lens of the camera. He started to remove the lens to see what kind of camera it was using behind the outer case.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:He pointed at the robot he had just tossed to Quasi.

"Plus it's probably just for surveillance, it's already done it's job successfully. Well, up to now."
"Well it's not going to be getting any good video quality in now."
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

WeirdGamer wrote:
Beacon clutched Alpha slightly tighter and simply said, "Okay."

She sighed and looked off into the distance. I wish my family was here.
Alpha continued to fly, but he took notice to Beacon's sigh. Since he considered her a friend, he got concerned.

"You alright, Bea?"
My characters!