SRP - STEELHAVEN

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Re: SRP - STEELHAVEN

Post by Jacey »

Hlaoroo wrote:Conall puts the helmet on and takes a few moments to adjust to the new view. Sarah will receive two or three garbled text messages before he masters the controls.
Aha! Ah think Ah got it. An' this'll show me what others are sayin' tae? the message reads.
"Ye gonna join, Barry?" Cailean asks, taking his own helmet from Sarah.

~~~~~~~~
After a few minutes Jack crawls back to bed. It's only then that he notices his IV is missing. He's a little hesitant to point it out though, not wanting to get into trouble for dislodging it.
Barry scratched his chin while thinking, Hmmm, I don't recall playing it before.
Might be fun to learn, why not?"
he says.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"It's easy enough tae learn. Ye hit th' white ball wi' yer cue tae try tae get th' other balls intae th' pockets. First ye hae tae sink a red, then a colour, then a red, an' repeat until there are nae more red balls on th' table. Ye get one point fer each red ball, twa fer the yellow, three fer th' green, four fer th' brown, five fer th' blue, six fer th' pink an' seven fer th' black. When a coloured ball gets sunk it's put back on its startin' place on th' table and when all th' red balls are sunk ye hae ta sink th' coloured balls in order. We take turns tae shoot an' ye keep shootin' until ye dinnae sink a ball or ye miss all th' balls an' then it's th' other player's turn. It'll make more sense when we play. Dae ye get th' idea though? Did Ah ferget anythin' important, Sarah?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Aye, tha's reet," Sarah said, getting ready. "y'got it all. Boys Vs guards or split teams, eh?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado smiled, "Feeling any better?" He fetched a sterile needle and reattached it to the tube. "Let's get this reseated shall we," he said as he slowly eased the needle into Jack's arm and finished setting up the drip again.

---------------
"It was nice," Chris answered, keeping his eyes on his screens, "I did miss the G forces of a ship but otherwise it was rather comfortable."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The blue lights in MT's eyepiece turned into two angles pointing up, sort of like a smile (^^). "You didn't experience any G-force because I was slowing us down. Had we accelerated with the full potential my wings carry, we would have plowed through the ceiling. We should try flying outside next time where there is more space. Literally."
Last edited by CyberDragon on Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

elswhere...

Maybe it was luck, or maybe fate, that led to the long abandoned wreck of the PTV Tartarus to drift within real-time comms range of a major space-lane after so long lost between the stars.

The ship was a sorry sight, her bridge open to space and a massive rent in her hull gutting the ship from stem to stern along the dorsal hull ridge where plates and structural braces bent outward, torn apart from within. her interior fared little better barely lit by amber emergency lights, revealing ancient bullet holes, energy burns, and long frozen remains preserved by vacuum and cold.

The vessel must have drifted through a comet trail or other loose ice mass at some point, as the hull's starboard side has an uneven coating spattered across it. some pieces sticking to the surface, clumping into massive sheets, or drifting in parallel to the ship, others digging into it like icicle spears, cutting gouges between the hull plates.

In simplest terms, a ghost ship.

Despite the still-running emergency alarm's efforts, not a sound could be heard in the decompressed catacombs that had once been a refitted long-range transport. And even that was barely functioning, kept alive this long only by the inherent longevity of running a reactor at less than 1% what it was built to handle. Though even that was down to a mere few days now, time granted by virtue of most of the systems being off-line or damaged. Though the Comm System not among them. It, was sending out a repeating rhythmic pattern of pings reading 'Emergency. Immediate Assistance Required' if translated from their base machine code, on every frequency it had.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

In a flash of energy, a small spacecraft, barely bigger than a scout ship, with a faded Insignia mark on its sides, appeared from a FLT warp near the ruined vessel. During its first trip around the wreckage , the craft sent out many scanning drones , looking for any suspicious signs in and around its target.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

After the call to the Captain, Corp pulled up the holodeck maintenance schedule and looked it over. Nothing was scheduled for today. He pulled up the nearest security camera feed. No-one was working there. He put a call through to Officer Marks, a Canine Spaniel Female who happened to be passing and got her to try the manual opener.
<<Nothing's happening,>> she said over her comm.
"Try knocking," Corp advised. "Use the doorcom," he clarified.
She pressed the button, which usually made a sound in the holodeck to tell them someone was at the door. <<No reply, sir,>> she said, shrugging and slapping her arms by her sides.
"Remain there, Marks. The Captain's on her way and so am I." With that he closed the link and headed out.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Drone scan would reveal verry little that was not already apparent. The only compartments still receiving steady power are the t-shaped section on the underside, and the beak like forward section. The former of which is built around the rear landing pylon and a pair of retractable docking gantries, and the latter of which seems to contain a small cluster of power signatures.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

After what felt like far too long, the drill was finally over. Captain Walker wasted no time, dismissing everyone who didn't need to be there and teleporting outside the holodeck. She immediately spotted Officer Marks standing nearby, and approached her. "Greetings Miss Marks." She said, doing her best not to startle the spaniel. "I take it Corp roped you into helping us figure out what's going on?"

---MEANWHILE---

Lewis frowned, as he had been doing a lot of lately. The lesser AI that most holodecks used were supposed to have constraints that prevented them from noticing when simulations glitched up. Was this case just too much for them? He shook his head. "We were hoping you'd know what was causing this." He said, turning his head to the others and mouthing the words "play along," doing so in such a way that the wolf should assume he's just gesturing who he means by "we." "Though it seems you're just as clueless as we are." He offered his hand to the greeter to help pull the man up. "How about you come with us, and we'll see if we can't figure out what's behind all this."
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Uh, some...something like that, Captain," Marks said, a little discombobulated by the pop-up captain but covering it up quickly. "I carried out some physical checks on the system. It's... weird, ma'am. Not even the manual is working, ma'am."
----------------------------------------------------------------
Sniffing, Silvermane accepted the hand and pulled himself up to stand taller than Lewis. "It does <snf> make more sense than crouching and crying." He looked around at everyone. "So many crazy things. Are... Are there more like y...us out there?" He swallowed. "We need to find them, make sure they're OK. That's my job."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

After a few minutes, the drones returned to the craft , while at the same time something else was launched from it: a white robot fox with two wing-like propulsion devices attached. Within moments , the robot landed through a hole near the bridge, after which the wings detached , returned to the craft and departed.
The fox then pressed its paw against a control panel, which automatically turned on, and starts drawing out the status of the ship and where in this ruin still has power running to them.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

The ship's computer is a mess. only about half the systems are even still networked in properly, accessing the missing systems appears to require bypassing physical damage somewhere...

The damage and power use readouts are noticeably unreliable in their accuracy. The computer seems to think there's nothing aft of the main compartment, not even structural supports, despite the fact that exterior views clearly showed the drive section still being there if somewhat nonfunctional due to being encased in ice and full of holes, meanwhile the power grid has either been jury-rigged to do something it's not supposed to, or has gone crazy and invented a fake system, as it says it's feeding power to a system named "lifeboat" except nothing else in here mentions any system with that name.

Whatever this system is, gravity, life support, and environmental control, have all been deprived of power for some time now by a program trying to keep it running. there are plenty of others that have lost power, but those three are among the few not listed as damaged.

As for how to get to the rest of the ship, there's a ladder at the back of the bridge, and a sealed, blast-resistant looking, hatch in the floor below it. It's a relatively simple manual lock, but it looks like it's designed only to open from this side.
Last edited by Buster on Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Hlaoroo wrote:"It's easy enough tae learn. Ye hit th' white ball wi' yer cue tae try tae get th' other balls intae th' pockets. First ye hae tae sink a red, then a colour, then a red, an' repeat until there are nae more red balls on th' table. Ye get one point fer each red ball, twa fer the yellow, three fer th' green, four fer th' brown, five fer th' blue, six fer th' pink an' seven fer th' black. When a coloured ball gets sunk it's put back on its startin' place on th' table and when all th' red balls are sunk ye hae ta sink th' coloured balls in order. We take turns tae shoot an' ye keep shootin' until ye dinnae sink a ball or ye miss all th' balls an' then it's th' other player's turn. It'll make more sense when we play. Dae ye get th' idea though? Did Ah ferget anythin' important, Sarah?"
That does sound simple enough. He nodded and put on the headset, the game seemed simple enough and he was sure this wouldn't end up like that billiards game back on earth. He still wasn't sure how he upseted that one biker gang, at least they only threw him out of the building. "I don't think I have played with VR in a long time."
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Captain Walker frowned at what Marks said. "That doesn't seem good. The whole point of a manual override is that it isn't affected by anything inside the simulation." She thought for a moment, before pulling out her tablet. "I'm going to see if I can't find anything in the help book about what could be causing this. You see if any of the holodeck engineers are back from the drill yet."

---MEANWHILE---

Lewis shook his head. "You're the only we've found so far." He said, acting like he was just another fair goer. "But if there is anyone out there who isn't looping, we'll find them, and we'll figure what the HFIL is going on here."
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Of course, Captain," Marks said, beginning to look through the engineering list. "Maternity leave," she said, reading from a pad, "wounded, Paternity leave, Maternity..." She spun back through the listings to the first maternity listing. "Same father listed? Huh. Dead. Due on this evening... Ensign Copplewell's around somewhere... Security Officer Marks to Engineer Copplewell," she said after activating her comm.
<<What's the situation, Security?>>
"Can you come to the Holodeck immediately? We have an emergency."
<<Same here. Unless you want to lose all external comms for some time. We're understaffed. Have to choose priorities. If you need it open quick, try Galuda.>>
"Right ho." Marks cut the line.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Fox limped his way into the medical bay, trying to keep pressure off his swollen right ankle as he hopped to the bed. "Think I've... done my ankle in, Doc," Galuda gasped.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

MT had finished with the Iron Man comic and was now reading some X-Men comics when he noticed the drill finally ended. "Sound's like it's over. Any idea what else is going on today?" he asked Chris.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado looked up from the scalpel he was playing with,
"Okay?" He stared at the fox until it was apparent that he didn't get his sarcasm, "Doris do you think I should have a 'Best Care' class? I can make it mandatory. Anyway, let's have a look," He put the scalpel down and rolled over to a table, giving it a pat, "Hop up."

--------------

Chris shook his head, "Apparently there's an issue with the holodeck that they're looking into. But as of now,
it's back to the regular work schedule. Why? Bored? Cabin fever already?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Was doing some repairs," Galuda gasped as he lifted himself onto the bed, "on the electrics in bay three. Lights went out for a few seconds to reset and something heavy hit my foot. I reacted, the foot hit my toolbox and the toolbox won."
-------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, I'd never say you needed improvement, Doctor," Doris said, making Jack comfortable again. "But we need a course in getting used to him, yeah?" She asked Jack quietly.
------------------------------------------------------
Sarah racked them up.
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Per...perhaps if we knew why we weren't doing this, um, loop thing," Silverwolf said, trying to make a go of the situation that was so far beyond his control, "we could work out something? I mean two canines, a Feline, a Squirrel and a Wolf. What makes you so special, sir?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I might not need the improvement, but I think the crew could stand for a bit of learning about basic care. Like how to use an ice pack, compression wraps and a brace," He gestured to Galuda, "Not aimed at you, just throwing ideas out." He smiled and scooted down to the foxes foot. He gently lifted it up and removed the boot, "So what do you think is wrong with it, Crewman..." He waited a second while his eye gathered information based on facial recognition scans, "Galuda. Looks like a bad sprain to me."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'd say the same," Galuda confirmed as his comm beeped. "but I don't want to steal your thunder... One second, Doctor. Yes? I'm, err, currently indisposed, Officer Marks. I can be there in... twenty minutes? Too long? Sorry." Galuda hung up. "Typical work needs...me now. Oh, there might also be a broke bone in there," he told Colorado.
Corp paused in the hallway and activated his comm. "Davidstow to Janes. Beef Wellington and cornbread is a bad breakfast.I think we need your charge at the holosuites. "
Sarah was about to take the first shot and drew up short. "Ah dinnae believe it," she admitted, shaking her head. "Ye're needed, Conal."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:Chris shook his head, "Apparently there's an issue with the holodeck that they're looking into. But as of now,
it's back to the regular work schedule. Why? Bored? Cabin fever already?"
MT looks up from the comic he was reading. "Sort of. I know I've only been here for a little while, but it feels like it's been three months and 20 days since I woke up. To be honest, I'd kind of like to fight something. Doesn't have to be a real something. Any way I could do that do you think?"
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"How does it feel if I do this?" He lightly rotated the foot, only a few degrees, all around.
"Broken, eh?" He gave the Fox a small grin, "You sure you didn't come here to get off with an SIQ* chit instead of light duty? Tryin' to skate out of work?"

---------------
"A fight... Well I'm not allowed to organise mech fights anymore because one of the pilots almost got immolated last time. If you can plug in to a computer then I could set one up. It wouldn't be real and you wouldn't move,
hopefully, but I've got some pretty good fighters who've been itching to swing again. Even the guy who almost died wants to go again. Could go "check off on their work" and give them a break for some fight time."

*Sick in Quarters
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"That sounds like it could be fun. Sort of like one of those video games." He responded. "I could go for a simulated fight."
-Champion Motto

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

The robot stared at the screen for a moment as the computer received the command to display the energy line toward this "lifeboat" system, then gently pushed against the control panels , floating to the back of the bridge and unlock the hatch as the computer went offline again.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

the compartment below is a junction. to the left, a hatch labeled "BLOCK A", to the right, "BLOCK F". The hatches in the floor and on the back wall are he same kind of one-way door you just came through and are currently sealed. if you want in, you'll need to cut them.

the hatch leading forward is open and likely can't be sealed on account of the bundle of cables leading through it. Someone tore a bulkhead off here, and spliced together a bunch of power feeds from the main conduit.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ah am? Where? Naow? By whom? Conall's text appears on the screen a moment before both brothers remove their VR helmets.
"Sorry, Barry. Ah guess duty calls."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Aye," Sarah said, removing her own headpiece, "The chief's jus' call'd wi' t'day's code phrase, like? 'Parrent something's gone total bork'd wi' the holosuite? No way t'open it an' a group trapped inside. All reg'lar specials are unavailable. Leaves you," she added, letting Cailean do the translating so she could concentrate on getting armoured up. She readied personal forcefields for the boys when they were ready.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do like my work, Doc," Galuda claimed, "but it's difficult to concentrate when it feels like your ankle's snapped."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ensign Seena looked quite bored as the ship travelled through space. The view was the same. Straight forward. Stars moving past to either side. Not that she wanted one in the middle of the screen, of course. That would mean the ship was heading straight at it. She twiddled a few knobs on her board. From high frequency to low frequency. Off the usu... "What was that," she asked rhetorically as she heard... something. she ran the frequencies again.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Cailean taps Conall's arm and dutifully translates for him.
"Conall asks if there is nae manual override for th' door." he relays in kind.
"Also dae ye hae a spare comms earpiece Ah cuid borrow? Mine is still in oor auld room." he adds after a moment's thought.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Sorry," Sarah shrugged. "Nae spares on me now." She contacted the chief on the other matter and read his reply. "'parrently th' manual's b'come... Disconnected?" She frowned.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

MT continued. "So how exactly does this work. Is it like a video game that I plug into, or what?"
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

After about a minute or so of looking, Captain Walker eventually found a passage in the holodeck help book that seemed to answer some of her questions. "In the event that an unknown foreign software is found in the holodeck's systems, an automated quarantine shall be instated to prevent any digital contamination from spreading. Wireless communications from inside the chamber shall be remotely blocked, and the manuel override shall be disabled." She quoted from the screen in front of her, her face sporting the same frown her son had earlier. "So apparently there's some sort of virus in there, and we can't let them out until it's gone." She sighed. "That's just great. This is exactly what I needed right now. Better call Corp up again, tell him we need a software expert, not a hardware expert."

---MEANWHILE---

Lewis scratched the back of his head, trying to look confused as he thought up a convincing lie. "Oh geez, I don't know. We were inside when this apparently started, so maybe that's it? Where were you when this began?" He asked, hoping to deflect the AIs attention away from him long enough to think of a way out.

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Pretty much. You just hook yourself up to our little game station and we can add in your character model based on the scans I took. Then you can control him and it'll feel like you're actually there. Hits won't hurt as much, at least they shouldn't, but they won't be painless. Excuse me for a moment," He poked his head out of the office and shouted down the maintenance bay, "Hey! We've got fresh scrap!" A surprisingly loud cheer made it's way back as a reply. Chris pulled himself back into the office, "They're excited," He smiled.

-----------------------------

"Hey, I love my job too. But sometimes I wish that just for a day someone wouldn't hurt themselves. Actually, that'd probably be boring and I'd probably turn to videogames and day drinking if it did happen. Y'know what, forget I said it." He slid an ankle brace around the fox's ankle and attached a tube to it, "Stay here, it's going to get cold and help with the swelling."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Don't fret," Galuda sighed. "You got it worse. You're the only senior Doc on the ship, after all."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Already dealt with, L...Captain," Corp said, motoring around the corner into view and releasing his guard, who saluted the Captain before sloping off. "Janes is escorting the best qualified on board here." He saw the question in her eyes. "One thing that wasn't secure was his 1.1 Master of Arts in Computer sciences and Programming from the U.H.I."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Silverwolf looked over towards a small wood bridge. "I...I was there," he stammered, looking at a young child who seemed to be running on the spot in the slowest possible way. "He'd just tripped and I was helping..." He stopped for a second and looked at Keeva. "He tripped over your foot yesterday."
"I remember," Keeva nodded. "He must trip a lot."
"Yes," Silverwolf said aloud before continuing, under his breath. "Most people don't seem to notice but you do..."

(U.H.I. = University of Highlands and Islands))
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:"Pretty much. You just hook yourself up to our little game station and we can add in your character model based on the scans I took. Then you can control him and it'll feel like you're actually there. Hits won't hurt as much, at least they shouldn't, but they won't be painless. Excuse me for a moment," He poked his head out of the office and shouted down the maintenance bay, "Hey! We've got fresh scrap!" A surprisingly loud cheer made it's way back as a reply. Chris pulled himself back into the office, "They're excited," He smiled.
MT laughed at the enthusiasm displayed by the people in the maintenance bay. "All right then. Let's plug me in and get started! It's also nice to know that, since this isn't real, I don't have to go easy on anyone."

He thought a moment as they prepared to hook him up to the computer. "Though, you never did scan any of my weapons. Would the fight be metal fists only then, so to speak?"
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"I dunno about that. You guys might be up all night and into the morning trying to fix a radio or something. People don't require long term surgery that often. If a transmitter dies, you guys gotta fix it. Maybe it's the failure condition. You can repair or replace a part, but it has to get done. I can't repair someone who's dead. I've already met my failure condition, there's no solution to try afterwards. I imagine your bad days are probably more hectic too, like when a bunch of things go wrong all at once." He put his finger on the top of the cooling machine and slid them down, decreasing the temperature. Galuda might feel the cold liquid begin to circulate around his ankle, "I think we're pretty evenly matched. Different reasons of course, but matched all the same."

------------------------------

"Computer. Maintenance Log Update: The repair queue has been completed. All that's left are some aftermarket installations that can wait until the weekend. Giving the boys a break after finally finishing Harhmann reactor rebuilds on the interceptors after the last battle. End Log." A beep answered his commands, a lower tone signalling the end of the log and subsequent sign off. "Alright lets get this going. We can get you some weapons that've already been scanned into the program. They'll mount fine." He stepped out of the office and half jogged to the center of the bay where the rest of the crew had gathered. A small box had already been set up on a table. Cords led away from the box, connected to helmets that were set on the couch, another auxiliary cord was neatly wrapped up next to the box, this one was intended for their new addition. "Alright, we're gonna do this in rank order from the last fight. Ensign Johansson, you'll be first."

A couple cheers and hard slaps on the back greeted the cat as he stepped up to the helmet and slid it onto his head, taking a seat on the couch, "How many rounds are we doing," the cat asked, a rather distinct German accent following his speech.

"Just two. I want everyone to get a chance to test out our newest crewmember." Chris took his place at the keyboard and loaded the program into "The Box." A holoscreen appeared just over it so outside spectators could watch. "MT just plug that cable into your external access port and sync with the program. It's pretty flexible so it should be pretty easy. Johansson, feel free to pick your mech."

Johansson swiped through a few models, picking the base model first them his saved config. It was a smaller mech, one used for frontline offense rather than heavy shelling from the rear. White with red lettering reading Zerstörer written vertically down the arms, it was loaded with a lightweight beam cannon and a small caliber machine gun.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

MT plugged himself in. At once he found himself in the world of the game, in the part where he was to choose his equipment. He scanned through all of it, but none of it felt right. Then he realized something. Why hadn't he thought of it before? The computer didn't have the data on his weapons, but he did! He went through his files to his weapon statistics and uploaded them into the computer's database. Sure enough the weapons appeared on the screen and he filled all of his slots. His opponent was using a lightweight fighter with low power, low defense, and presumably high speed. He analyzed his opponent's choice and formulated a strategy. First, take away the enemy's advantage. The only thing this mech had on him was speed, and it didn't seem to have too much in the way of flight manuverability, especially with a pilot that can only stand so many G's of force. He would need to make this an aerial fight.
For his main weapon, he knew his opponent's armor would not require the power of the HAR (heavy assault rifle) and he would be too fast to reliably hit with the railgun. So he went for the HMG minigun. He didn't want to make things unfair, so he opted out of the HMG's prototype tracking bullets, and kept those stats to himself for now.
For his module slot, he chose the stealth module. The enemy mech would likely go around the energy shield and be able to dodge the energy blade. However, becoming invisible and undetectable even for a short period would be advantageous to say the least.
Third, he loaded up his mouth slots with his "dragon's breath." A combination of a high temperature flamethrower, a thermite grenade launcher, and a smokescreen. Finally, he loaded up his twin missile launchers with fifty guided micromissiles.

He felt unstoppable.

MT picked out all of the weapons and loaded up, having gone through that entire thought process within one frame of the game's animation. He stepped forward to confront his opponent. Suddenly, his avatar changed. His previously blue lighted eyes turned a fiery red. His shielding, previously a background defense, was now clearly visible and encased his avatar's body. "Let's do this!" he growled. If a machine could sound like it wanted nothing more than to destroy what was in front of it, that is what he sounded like now.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Sorry," Sarah shrugged. "Nae spares on me now." She contacted the chief on the other matter and read his reply. "'parrently th' manual's b'come... Disconnected?" She frowned.
Cailean passes this information along to Conall and then both boys follow the Geordie from the room into the hallway, translating a few more questions as he goes.
"Conall asks if they've tried restartin' th' computer an' what other things they've tried tae fix th' issue. And dae they hae contact wi' those inside?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Buster wrote:the compartment below is a junction. to the left, a hatch labeled "BLOCK A", to the right, "BLOCK F". The hatches in the floor and on the back wall are he same kind of one-way door you just came through and are currently sealed. if you want in, you'll need to cut them.

the hatch leading forward is open and likely can't be sealed on account of the bundle of cables leading through it. Someone tore a bulkhead off here, and spliced together a bunch of power feeds from the main conduit.
The robot paused , then took out a small chip from its body, which starts emitting a kind of beacon signal , before continuing down the opening hatch.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Can' answ'r the first twa," Janes confessed, "as they've nae telled me. But we must be oot'e specialists if'n they's callin' youse oot of protection, hen." She took them down the final corridor. "But one've th' trapp'd bairn's the Captain's son. And naw. Nae contact."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie