SRP - STEELHAVEN

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

TheWolfShepherd

Re: SRP - STEELHAVEN

Post by TheWolfShepherd »

"Woah... Please... point that gun somewhere else other than me... Do you all do this at orientation?" Wolfe said, as he chuckled. Then he looked at the dead soldier on the floor.
"Darn... A full scale Barbarox invasion... Guess NewsNet isn't exaggerating this time... What have I gotten myself into?" Wolfe said as he rubbed his forehead. "Anyway, nice to meet you..."
It was then he noticed the stripes on Jasmine's uniform. Immediately, he snapped a quick salute.
"Madam! Chief Warrant Officer Wolfe, Tactical Officer!"
-He Who Shepherd His Flock-
hackle

Post by hackle »

The horned fox walked into the task assignment station tail swaying, his shock gloves & nanos at the ready "Rookie lieutenant hackle reporting in, the leaks been fixed. I'm ready for the next job."
Social media, is just as much of a curse, as it is a blessing, & our government doesn't like being filmed so keep filming
Hackle V. Tremor ~Friendly foxy foo!! ^o^
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jasmine swapped hands so she didn't point the gun at her temple as she returned the salute. "Good to meet you, sir," she said, releasing the salute. "We think it's a squad of four. All accounted for," she added, running Wolf through her computer to check on him. " One got nailed in engineering, one by the medbay, one here and Chief Davidstow beat one to death. We lost a few and the Chief just ordered the sealing of the ship now most are aboard."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
TheWolfShepherd

Wolfe lowered his hand after Jasmine addressed him.
"Well, any bridge officers got hit? I think I was here as you guys only had one TAC officer. Would hate to take on everything by myself on the first day."
He then leaned closer to Jasmine's console.
"And the Barbarox strike team? Any of them still salvageable? Maybe we could find some useful information on them. Y' know, interrogate them or something? And maybe we can find some intel or such on the dead ones?"
Then he took out a cigarette from one of his pockets and chewed on the stub of it.
"Don't worry. I won't light it... At least when the captain's around. You want one?" Without waiting for a response, he then refocused on the viewscreen. "And shouldn't we go help the station or something? Since it is still technically Republic property, and we can't sit by and let the pirates break everything, no?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Deske wrote:The dog spun around in his chair to face Doris and the boys. He rolled up his sleeves and rested his elbows on his knees. A deep breath and, "So. How are we feeling so far?"
The boys are unable to articulate their feelings so they just shrug.
"Angry." Conall volunteers via sign after a while. "Shocked... Guilty... Why him an' nae us?"
"Aye... Oor family... Oor servants who were like part o' th' family... Dabry... Doris missin' a leg an' Andy probably mentally scarred fer life... Jim an' Alex deid back at th' base on tha' planet wi' Doris... Flic deid at th' base they took us tae after... Everyone deid or hurt... Yet here we are... Ye shuid leave us before ye end up hurt or worse, Doc..." Even as he says it, Cailean knows how bad a trap that is but he can't stop the guilt and he knows Conall feels the same.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

hackle

Post by hackle »

The horned fox couldn't help the feeling of being watched by someone who didn't appear to be there, causing him to be twitchy as he looked for someone to get his next assignment or task to do thinking of things he could upgrade or make if he should get his hands on certain things that maybe lying around maybe come across a body of the enemy still wearing their tech as he looked for his commanding officer
Social media, is just as much of a curse, as it is a blessing, & our government doesn't like being filmed so keep filming
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ech, survivors guilt. That's a fun one... The dog thought to himself. He thought of a way to put everything nicely so that he wouldn't appear cold or like he was going through the motions. "For Dabry, everyone employed on this ship signed a contract of service. Everyone has penned their name on a dotted line stating they understand the risks involved and are willing to serve their time aboard this or other ships. Dabry was no different. He came in ready to do his job and to face the consequences it may bring. He signed on to protect people and he did his job valiantly until the end. I'm here for much the same reason and if I meet my end, well," He simply shrugged, "Then so be it. I left doing what I wanted to do. Dabry left doing what he wanted to do." He shifted positions, leaning back in his chair and clasping his hands behind his head, "As for you to, I don't want you to think you have to talk to me. Everyone grieves in their own way and I don't want to force you to do anything. I do want to tell you that I know what you're going through and I know it can be hard. I was in your shoes some years back and let me tell you, it was a lonely evac flight back. I pushed through by honoring my fallen friends though. Do you think Dabry, Alex, Jim, or Flic would want you to sit around feeling sad because they're gone? Or do you think they'd want you to grieve, but become stronger from it?" He gave them an understanding look; not a smile but somehow it felt warmer than that.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp arrived on the bridge and headed across to the Communications station, "Where's the Captain," he demanded of Jasmine. Her eyes flicked to the ready room. "Never mind, not enough time. Welcome aboard, Warrant Officer Wolfe," he said without even looking at the Officer. "Light that thing and it's a five hundred credit fine. Pleasantries in a moment." He reached the Comms Officer. "Put up a map of the station," he commanded, "and overlay the position of any STEELHAVEN Comms. Let's see where our remaining people are."
"It'll take a moment"
"Do it faster."
"Are we sounding the all-clear," Rhonkar asked carefully.
"No," Corp responded. "Four is normal." He turned to face her and Wolfe. "Perhaps they sent five today. But we know they ARE on that station and finding where our people are trapped helps as to where as we can't seem to contact C'n'C to co-ordinate with them. The blue on blue potential is disasterous if we teleport in on their security teams!" He turned to properly face Wolfe. "We have that moment. Welcome aboard, properly, Warrent Officer Wolf," he said, giving a salute.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"They don't begrudge us, you know," Doris said, hoping Cailean or Colorado would translate. "In Dabry's case, I know he valued you, me, the Doctor, Andy and the Captain as so much more important than himself and he used the courage that gave him to fight one of their super soldiers. Courage beyond anything, boys. Beyond the sane even. Because we - especially you - were important to him. It... doesn't change the pain but, if we're to honor that? We have to stand..." she gave a small smile at her use of the term. "We have to stand for a better world. A better universe. We've got to show them that all they've done, with everything they've taken from us, is insert a rod of iron in us when it comes to them. They'll never make us say 'you win', will they, boys?" She gave them both a kiss on the cheek.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Looking for me, I take it," the Chief said, from where he was physically holding a plate in place for his assistant to fix in place under a console. The giant rose to his feet after the work and gently directed Hackle. "Come with me." He took him into the main engineering section where people worked at consoles, rarely moving. "This is where I put the engineers who can't make their own choices, kid. The pad gives you a list of things to do on the main screen." He brought the pad back to the home screen where seven options were lit. "Green are choosable. You choose one, input your ID and it registers you against the work. Orange is already assigned. See Rodriguez has the air filters on B deck? If that goes Red it means he needs assistance. That'll show up here," he added, indicating a main console, " and someone here will be sent but, if nearby, attend too. It often means time's of the essence. Now," he added with a sly grin, "do you want one of THESE posts?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
TheWolfShepherd

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Never mind, not enough time. Welcome aboard, Warrant Officer Wolfe," he said without even looking at the Officer. "Light that thing and it's a five hundred credit fine. Pleasantries in a moment."
"Ah, don't worry, sir. I won't light that. Learned that the hard way." Wolfe said as he took the cigarette out of his mouth, but yet still held onto it. "It just helps clear my mind."
Although he did sense that the mouse was busy, and so kept his mouth shut and instead tapped his foot as he listened to the exchange between the two Security Officers.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:He turned to face her and Wolfe. "Perhaps they sent five today. But we know they ARE on that station and finding where our people are trapped helps as to where as we can't seem to contact C'n'C to co-ordinate with them. The blue on blue potential is disastrous if we teleport in on their security teams!" He turned to properly face Wolf. "We have that moment. Welcome aboard, properly, Warrant Officer Wolfe," he said, giving a salute.
"Thank you sir!" Wolfe said as he snapped up another salute, before putting down his hand and looked at Corp. "And for the situation in hand... I do believe that a little bit too time-costly and impractical for a ship-wide sweep. We don't have time to play hide-and-seek with the bad guy on board." He paused a moment. "Perhaps you could scan the ship for any stragglers? Infra-red signature and overlay it with FOF tags? Sure, they may be using some stealth tec or hiding in engineering, where it is hot enough, but it is still worth a shot."
He then walked over to the dead soldier and checked for a pulse, before reaching into his armor and started fishing around. "And as I said, if this guy here is alive, you could possibly interrogate him. And if he isn't , then maybe we can strip him? He might be carrying some kind of mission plans..." He continued looting the body in a not very well-hidden earnest. "If not, we can maybe piggyback on their comms and find out if there are any more Barbarox presence on board."
He stood back up.
"If you really can't spare the resources, or are concerned about friendly fire, how about we just send a few recon drone inside the station? That way we can know how bad the situation is, as well as locate any possible survivors. We can follow up with a few attack drones as well. And we can use them to sweep the ship quickly if you want to as well."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ensign Durna," Corp called, attracting the Collie on the science station. She looked over to him. "You heard what he said about scanning the ship?" She nodded. "Get on it." She got to work. "As for the drones? We're supposed to be getting the attack micro-drones in the next few weeks. I prefer Boots on the ground but I know there's benefits to the distant attack. Planning for example and keeping your troops alive but there's too much of a chance of hurting our own here and at least one is the Captain's son. Surveillance micro-drones are available. Leiutenant Zahn's available for that." He paused and kicked the Barbarox. "His comms shut down when he did. But I DO want his armour. More of it the better. We can use it for our own people if we can get enough."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
TheWolfShepherd

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"As for the drones? We're supposed to be getting the attack micro-drones in the next few weeks. I prefer Boots on the ground but I know there's benefits to the distant attack. Planning for example and keeping your troops alive but there's too much of a chance of hurting our own here and at least one is the Captain's son.
Wolfe nodded at the mention of the advantages of real human troops.
"Yes, I know drones are susceptible to jamming and interference, but I don't think that Barbarox would... What? The Captain's son is outside?" Wolfe said in shock as he licked his muzzle. "Well, in that case, maybe we could try and teleport him back on the ship? If not, we could use the drones to help him reach evac..."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Surveillance micro-drones are available. Lieutenant Zahn's available for that.[/color]" He paused and kicked the Barbarox. "His comms shut down when he did. But I DO want his armour. More of it the better. We can use it for our own people if we can get enough."
"Yes, if I could find my own console, I could help the good Lieutenant control some of the drones. Does the surveillance drones have any kind of self-defense capacity though?" The fox asked. "And we aren't that desperate in armor, aren't we?Or is there some unique function that only Barabarox armor have? Their's should theoretically be worse than ours..."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

After a long and undoubtedly epic series of events that most unfortunately must remain undescribed, Liz was sitting in her office, the leader of the Barbarox on her screen. Hello Fortis. I'm surprised you're taking time out of such a busy invasion to contact me.
The tiger smiled. <Well, I noticed your ship was here, and I just had to call my lovebird.>
Liz groaned, pinching the bridge of her nose. If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times. I will never. Be. Your lovebird.
<Aw, but Liz, don't you like the presents I send you?> He asked, faking a pout.
NO. Every time you send one, I have to file a dozen papers explaining why the leader of the most infamous group of pirates in the galaxy is sending me gifts. Why are you even here.
The pirates smile turned into a smirk. <Well, without wishing to spoil, it just sits around, getting gawked at, and the Republic has long since given up on getting anything useful out of it.

---MEANWHILE---

As soon as the door opened, Lewis immediately started to take aim, only to spot the pirates teleporting away, the exhibit in tow. AW COME ON!!! He yelled in frustration. They got away!!
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hold it, sir!". Keeva pushed in front of Lewis, putting her arm across in front of her chest as she did so. "I got the force field option," she explained, "but it does kill the battery. Got about five minutes," she added, heading into the room.
--------------------------------------------------
"Oh, believe me, Captain Walker and her son know how to use the teleport," Corp said, tapping his wrist like they do to activate the teleport. "If he hasn't he either can't because it's too dangerous or won't because it's too dangerous to leave. He has his head screwed on."
"Sirs,” the comms officer said, unsure of who to call the superior, "I'm picking up teleport signals leaving the station! They're... Odd. Like they're being boosted somehow?"
"Scan for nearby ships and lock in a...". Corp stopped and turned to Wolfe. "It's your bridge until the Captain's on it," he explained with marked humour, "YOU get 'em ready to move out! I'll update the Captain." He headed to her ready room.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
hackle

Post by hackle »

Hackle huffed softly as he looked at the serious beefy fox in front of him "Sir I don't quite understand the question, other then being forced to be behind a computer which is a horrible idea. Don't ee need the tech side of engineers to relay problems we can't see or know ourselves?" He asked wanting to understand better, while warning of the dangers of a hackle behind a computer.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Of course we do," Chief Engineer Groal replied, "but it's hardly a job for the imagination, is it? Your file says you're imaginative, free of the computer. I'd be a fool not to use that. You, he added, holding up Hackle's datapad, "use this. get a look around the ship whilst you're doing your work and note where improvements can be made.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
TheWolfShepherd

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Oh, believe me, Captain Walker and her son know how to use the teleport," Corp said, tapping his wrist like they do to activate the teleport. "If he hasn't he either can't because it's too dangerous or won't because it's too dangerous to leave. He has his head screwed on."
"Well, I sure hope so. It is not that I doubt his skill, but in all due respect to the captain and the lieutenant, if anything happens to Lieutenant Walker, I'm sure the Captain would put someone's head on a pike." He shook his head and smiled. "And I intend to keep my head on my shoulders, at least for today."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Sirs,” the comms officer said, unsure of who to call the superior, "I'm picking up teleport signals leaving the station! They're... Odd. Like they're being boosted somehow?"
"Scan for nearby ships and lock in a...". Corp stopped and turned to Wolfe. "It's your bridge until the Captain's on it," he explained with marked humour, "YOU get 'em ready to move out! I'll update the Captain." He headed to her ready room.
"If this is my bridge, does that means I finally get to light this up?" Wolfe said as he held up his cigarette. "Just jokin'. See ya later, Commander."
He then turned back to the comms officer.
"Please, do try and scan the teleport signals. Then we may stand a chance in finding where the bad guys are. Also, see if you can find where the relay is. If we destroy that signal booster, they won't be able to directly teleport back to their mothership." He paused. "Also, try and raise Lieutenant Walker and any STEELHAVEN personnel on the station, then pass the call to me. We might need their help."
"Try to hail other Republic ships within the vicinity as well. We might get lucky and find a warship docked. They would have the firepower to deal with those pirates."

He then walked briskly over to Lieutenant Zahn.
"Greetings, sir. Warrant Officer Wolfe here, at your service." He said, with a mock but subtle bow. "Can you tell the crewmen below deck to prep two Solstice Spy Drone into the tube? Yes, the one intended for space. Tell them to rig a teleporter disruptor field generator on the Drone as well. Then launch them at the mothership once we find out who they are. Go as fast as you could, but try to stay hidden, and just get close enough for the field to take effect."
hackle

Post by hackle »

"I never knew they put it that way to say banned from actual computers" He commented off handedly, before nodding in understanding, his eyes looking to the side "That's understandable, uh hey is there anywhere left over tech would be?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

After knocking, Corp entered without wasting any time. The door closed behind him as he updated the Captain on the position, including her sons. He glanced at her face. "It's the Tiger, isn't it?"
----------------------------------------------------------
Keeva led the way in, forcefield up, and didn't drop it until she was sure it was safe. "Fifty-three percent left," she said.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The boys wipe away a few more tears and acquiesce that Doris and the Doc are right. They don't want to be driven by revenge, however, so they resolve, rather than making Insignia pay for what they've done to them, that they'll do whatever it takes to stop Insignia hurting anyone else. They thank Doris and Colorado for their support and blow their noses and then Conall signs a short prayer for their dead friends with Cailean translating for Doris' benefit.
"Sae haow can we show them? What can we dae tae help in th' fight?" the older dog queries through Cailean after the prayer.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:After knocking, Corp entered without wasting any time. The door closed behind him as he updated the Captain on the position, including her sons. He glanced at her face. "It's the Tiger, isn't it?"
----------------------------------------------------------
Keeva led the way in, forcefield up, and didn't drop it until she was sure it was safe. "Fifty-three percent left," she said.
"Well it looks like they got away," remarked Issac, not afraid to state the obvious.

Desmond let out a relieved sigh. "Good. Er..not good, but my specialty isn't combat."
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
hackle

Post by hackle »

He sighed as he nodded in understanding to the hulking fox's words pulling out his data pad he synced it with the software to notify him if his assistance is needed & the section is closet to him at the time, putting away after seeing any greens are nearby aswell as reds that are easy to get tomorrow "Alright got it."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Don't worry about the grouch," a female voice said after the Chief Engineer returned to his duties, "we're understaffed and overworked." A pair of feet attached to a blue furred Doe appeared, along with the rest of her. Her left ear was only half there, burned near the top. "Them down there? Computer techs." She grinned. "Hand me a sonic wrench, would you," she asked, indicating her toolbox, just out of reach. "We need this thing back online quickly. I'm Beaufort, by the way."
-------------------------------------------
"In the tubes, ready for launch," Zahn reported, looking at his blank screens. "Sending the picture over to the armrest screen now. Want a control helmet, sir?". He pulled one of the helmets free from the container by his seat and offered it to Wolfe. Wearing it allowed you to see through the drones's camera and control it by moving your head but it meant you could only use one drone at a time.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
TheWolfShepherd

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "In the tubes, ready for launch," Zahn reported, looking at his blank screens. "Sending the picture over to the armrest screen now. Want a control helmet, sir?". He pulled one of the helmets free from the container by his seat and offered it to Wolfe. Wearing it allowed you to see through the drones's camera and control it by moving your head but it meant you could only use one drone at a time.
"Oh. I don't think I need these for today." The fox said, declining the headsets. "They won't work with me glasses, and I don't think I want to take them off now." He then looked around the bridge.
"Wait one." Wolfe said, then walked over the comms officer and asked for a status update with the location of the Barbarox flagship and also the STEELHAVEN personnel still onboard the station.
After getting the info he needed, he walked back towards Lieutenant Zahn's seat.
"And no need for the 'sirs' and whatnot. Technically, you outrank me, and I should be the one calling you 'sir'." He said as he popped a piece of toffee into his mouth. "Want one as well, my dear Lieutenant?"
He still plopped a piece of the candy onto the workstation of Lieutenant Zahn no matter what he said.
"And can you tell me where my console is? We need to get to work if we are to repel this attack."
Deske

Post by Deske »

The Doctor shrugged, "I don't know. I did my own things, became a CMO after being in the field. Progressed my career, stuff like that. You guys are gonna have to figure out what you want to do." He opened his desk drawer and pulled out a sucker, "Discover your passion. What do you want to do?"
hackle

Post by hackle »

The small fox rose an eyebrow at the apparent new crew member he was now meeting not because she was weird since that'd be hypocritical, but due to the fact she was working around him yet he didn't even notice her till just now. "Yea, sure." Handing the doe the sonic screwdriver, as he calms down considerably thinking it was just her presence he felt "Ah, hey do you know if there's anywhere old tech would be that I could get a hold of?" He asked not realizing how odd it sounds to ask for stuff that'd probably be thrown out or under or lock down
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It's setting 473 on your arm console," Zahn explained, looking over at the first officer's chair. "Screen comes out of the arm and there's a full holo control panel. Your secondary one," he continued, pointing to a console to his left, "is there. Nice to have you aboard, Mr Wolfe."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'll have to show you," the console said before releasing the Doe from underneath. She pulled herself back up to her feet (with help if given) and put her tools away. She turned the computer back on and waited for a few seconds as it all booted up to operational. "Yay!" She entered her code and the console listing switched to 'recently repaired - watch for recurrence'. "You won't find it easily otherwise." She dusted her knees off, picked up her box and led Hackle through the ship. "You mind if I stare at your horns for a moment," she asked whilst in the left to 'B' deck.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Keeva led the way in, forcefield up, and didn't drop it until she was sure it was safe. "Fifty-three percent left," she said.
WeirdGamer wrote:"Well it looks like they got away," remarked Issac, not afraid to state the obvious.

Desmond let out a relieved sigh. "Good. Er..not good, but my specialty isn't combat."
Dan hadn't said anything this whole time, so when he spoke he probably surprised someone.

"Them getting away doesn't fully matter, what matters now is getting back to the ship and telling security what the howl happened here." He said simply. "We could track that teleportation frequency and find them later.. the residual dispersion will stay there for an hour or so, best to get moving as soon as possible.."

---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"You mind if I stare at your horns for a moment," she asked whilst taking a left to 'B' deck.
As the two took the corner, someone accidentally bumps into the doe, sending them to the floor. "Erf! Ow.. S-sorry~! I should've looked where I was go- Ohmygoodness!!" She squealed as she looked up at the fox, her eyes glimmering. "Y-you have horns.." She points out blatantly, quivering slightly.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"There's little I can add," Doris added, swallowing slightly. "The path we all take is different, boys. You'll find ways to make the bad guys pay, I know you will." She ruffled their heads.
---------------------------------------------------
Seena hummed to herself as she sat there, wondering who was at her station now.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well, Ah mean, we want tae join th' crew here... But other than that... Ah dinnae..."
"Ah ken!" Conall signs suddenly. "We were right in Insignia! We can write daown everythin' we can remember. We can dae a plan o' tha' base we escaped frae an' we can write anythin' we can remember about any o' th' people we can remember - what they looked like, any names, what they said, anythin'. An we can give it tae Corp. Perhaps somethin' o' it might be useful tae him."
"Well, it's a start." Cailean agrees. Conall begins typing on his computer, his paws flying over the keyboard faster than the eye can follow, while Cailean procures an old-fashioned pen and a piece of paper from the good doctor and both boys start jotting down every detail that they can think of about their captivity. When they're done they'll compare and collate the reports. Part way through his typing Conall suddenly looks up and attracts Colorado's attention.
"Doc, dae... Dae ye ken if there'll be a funeral or memorial for Dabry tha' we cuid attend?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hackle

Post by hackle »

After helping the doe up like a gentle Tod does he followed her his tail wagging to the tempo of moonlight sonata, he collided with a body ending with the stranger on top of him, before he had a chance to answer the doe leading him to the left over tech so he could use to improve his stuff. His eyebrow raises at the cats excitement over his horns "Ah.. yea, but to answer your question Beaufort. I don't have any problems with others looking at my horns it just shows my heritage, which I am proud of. I actually encourage so my allies don't get distracted if a battle arises." His ear twitches softly
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

<Well Liz, while I'd love to say and try to convince you to join me, I have to cover my troops escape. Hope you have good night vision!> The tiger smiled as he ended the call, leaving the Captain alone in her office.
She sighed as Corp walked in. Yes, he called to flirt and leave cryptic remarks again. She said, still embarrassed that such a notorious person had a crush on her. Can you send some guards to cover the generator? I have reason to believe that they'll try to cut the- Before Liz could finish her sentence, the station and all the ships docked to it felt the force of a powerful shockwave, before everything went dark. Emergency power went on for things like life support and the medbay faster than one could blink, but things like sensor, weapons, and artificial gravity would take a while to come back.

---MEANWHILE---

Lewis and his...... friends? were exploring the potentially trapped museum when the lights and gravity went out. So much for finding security. Anyone have a flashlight? The mix breed said, floating in the dark. Or at least some way of getting down?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado glanced at Doris, "I'd assume so. If not then I can throw one together. Cremate the body and jettison the ashes in deep space to forever explore the stars and protect unwary travellers. We'll do some...-" He stopped as the lights went out and he began to float out of his chair, "3...2...1..." He counted down until the lights flickered back on. "Anyone else here besides me and Seena have any formal zero-G training?" He pushed off the ceiling and went along the wall making sure systems were alone, flipping a switch on the wall causing the metal objects to come clattering back onto the countertops. "If not, well here's a crash course. Push off lightly, use the inertia from your arms to orient yourself, Newton's laws of motion apply more here, don't be afraid to have fun." He pushed off the wall toward the two dogs, "Other'n that, how's everyone feeling?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Keeva checked her arm as she slowly flipped over and was relieved as it still showed a charge percentage. "Not some sort of EMP, then," she said before the life support started to cut in. She patted herself down and pulled out something shaped like a credit card. She clicked the thing together and a small light attempted to light the darkness with limited effect.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corp said nothing as the gravity shifted. He just stood there. As the lack of gravity pulled him up he engaged the magnets in the soles of his boots and locked down to the floor. "I'll go check the generators. Next time he asks to marry you? Accept. 500 security officers on the brides side." He found the door unmoving so physically strained to force it open.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Cool," Beaufort said, going to lift the Cat up and suddenly finding it very easy due to the lack of gravity. "OK," she said, "Zero-G. We need to try and stay low and see what we can do to get the power back on. Reroute some power to sensors perhaps. We need a... Ah. Do what I do." As she went up, she braced herself against the top of the door frame and contracted. Her powerful leg muscles threw her back down and across the passage to grab at the vent to a conduit. She pulled her metal screwdriver from her kit and got to work on the bolts.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Nothing for years, Doctor," Doris said, floating free uncomfortably as her chair crashed back down to the floor heavily and Andy swam by, doing the backstroke.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
TheWolfShepherd

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"It's setting 473 on your arm console," Zahn explained, looking over at the first officer's chair. "Screen comes out of the arm and there's a full holo control panel. Your secondary one," he continued, pointing to a console to his left, "is there. Nice to have you aboard, Mr Wolfe."
" You too as well, sir." Wolfe said as he smiled. He then turned to the Comms officer.
"Come on Ensign!" Wolfe said to the Comms officer. "I need an update on the location of any STEELHAVEN personnel on the station. If they could..."
Legotron123 wrote:Before Liz could finish her sentence, the station and all the ships docked to it felt the force of a powerful shockwave, before everything went dark. Emergency power went on for things like life support and the medbay faster than one could blink, but things like sensor, weapons, and artificial gravity would take a while to come back.
The sudden loss of power distracted the fox enough to forget about his rant. Instead, he reached inside one of his pockets and withdrew two glow sticks, which he activated and threw out into the zero-gee environment, lighting the Bridge up with chemically-induced light.
Using the Comm officer's chair(which he made sure was firmly bolted to the ground), he propelled himself towards the bulkhead next to the door, where he knew most ships store emergency lighting.
Sure enough, he found a few emergency battle lanterns there, which he took and switch one on.
He then yelled to Zahn.
"Prepare the surveillance mini-drones as well, the in-atmospheric one. We are going to send them out later to guard our main entrance, and also to sweep the ship thoroughly. The big drones will have to wait for later."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Corp said nothing as the gravity shifted. He just stood there. As the lack of gravity pulled him up he engaged the magnets in the soles of his boots and locked down to the floor. "I'll go check the generators. Next time he asks to marry you? Accept. 500 security officers on the brides side." He found the door unmoving so physically strained to force it open.
"Wait, Chief!" Wolfe said as Corp went for the door. "Call Engineering first. It might be just a hiccup in the generators. At any rate, even if there are infiltrators, it might be best if we could get some info on the extent of the damage, as well if the reactors are under attack."
He then gave one of the battle lanterns to Corp, while pulling down a lever on the door, overriding the complicated electronic system that kept the door in place, installed in most starships doors in the event of an emergency.
He looked at Jasmine.
"And if you don't mind my advice, I think you should bring along someone else as well. You know? Just as backup."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

TheWolfShepherd wrote:
Legotron123 wrote:Before Liz could finish her sentence, the station and all the ships docked to it felt the force of a powerful shockwave, before everything went dark. Emergency power went on for things like life support and the medbay faster than one could blink, but things like sensor, weapons, and artificial gravity would take a while to come back.
The sudden loss of power distracted the fox enough to forget about his rant. Instead, he reached inside one of his pockets and withdrew two glow sticks, which he activated and threw out into the zero-gee environment, lighting the Bridge up with chemically-induced light.
Using the Comm officer's chair(which he made sure was firmly bolted to the ground), he propelled himself towards the bulkhead next to the door, where he knew most ships store emergency lighting.
Sure enough, he found a few emergency battle lanterns there, which he took and switch one on.
He then yelled to Zahn.
"Prepare the surveillance mini-drones as well, the in-atmospheric one. We are going to send them out later to guard our main entrance, and also to sweep the ship thoroughly. The big drones will have to wait for later."
"I can't program it from here, I'll have to go get them and input the commands." He released himself from the restraints and cartwheeled towards the corridor.
TheWolfShepherd wrote:"Wait, Chief!" Wolfe said as Corp went for the door. "Call Engineering first. It might be just a hiccup in the generators. At any rate, even if there are infiltrators, it might be best if we could get some info on the extent of the damage, as well if the reactors are under attack."
He then gave one of the battle lanterns to Corp, while pulling down a lever on the door, overriding the complicated electronic system that kept the door in place, installed in most starships doors in the event of an emergency.
He looked at Jasmine.
"And if you don't mind my advice, I think you should bring along someone else as well. You know? Just as backup."
"I want Rhonkar here. She's trained in zero-G combat," Corp said directly. It's no hiccup. 'The Tiger' just gave us a slap. It's a favourite of his. A virus that simulates a targeted EMP. It's designed to immobilize rather than kill by locking off certain systems - Life support and lights for example - and fries everything else. Steals all the power to force the generators to shut down before they overload. He got us through the link to the station" Corp grinned. "But that might not last as long as he likes..."
----------------------------------------------------------------
Down in Engineering, the Chief Engineer found himself trying to walk towards the secondary generator with a large contraption in his arms. Even with his strength it was hard going but he got there, step by step and put the contraption down by the dead generator. "The Captain thought it a good idea," he told himself, smirking. He held on to the handle to keep himself from floating off and connected the cable from the contraption to the generator. "The trouble with EMP;likes," he told those watching, "is that it completely wipes the power. Earths the electric so it can't generate power. So sometimes you have to start the power... manually. Prepare for noise and filth boys!" He braced himself and began turning the handle to start the petrol generator. After a few moments the contraption started clanking and shaking. He watched the power indicator on the generator to see if it was building power. After a moment it began to glow a very dull red. "Should have some systems charging back up in five." He tapped his comm. "Engineering to Captain Walker," he said, noting the low power interference on the channel as it connected comm to comm rather than through the ship computer booster. "Tertiary generator's working. Back ups will start charging soon. Any priorities?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Fortunately for Conall, his computer wasn't connected to the ship's or the station's network so it wasn't affected by the sudden power blitz. So he doesn't immediately notice the lack of gravity, unlike Cailean who is sent shooting upwards by the motion of trying to shake some ink from his pen. It doesn't take long though before both dogs are feeling violently ill as their inner ears suddenly lose track of which way is up and their brains disagree with the input from their senses. It's their first ever time in zero gravity and although they don't know that the inner ear relies on gravity to keep the body upright they're definitely feeling the disorienting effects of sudden weightlessness. Cailean is clearly fighting to hold down a mouthful of vomit but Conall, hampered by the pain in his chest muscles, is unable to prevent his last meal from becoming displayed in the air in front of him.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado watches the vomit trail it's way across the bay before grabbing a bag and scooping it out of the air, "Ahh first timers!" He let out a laugh, "Don't worry, you'll get used to it eventually. Probably should have mentioned the side effects of weightlessness. Sorry." He tied off the bag and pushed it down into the disposal shoot. He was crossed his legs and leaned back like he was in a chair, "Might as well enjoy it while it lasts, zero-G was always my favorite course. I think Andy's enjoying it." He states while casually letting his momentum slowly flip him head over heals.
hackle

Post by hackle »

The fox moved with trained ease as the gravity generator went out, having been taught this by his father before he passed, he followed the doe his nerves on alert. His gloves safety mode ready to switch to kill in a twitch. "Lead the way Beaufort. Cause I don't know the layout yet, heh."
TheWolfShepherd

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "I want Rhonkar here. She's trained in zero-G combat," Corp said directly. It's no hiccup. 'The Tiger' just gave us a slap. It's a favourite of his. A virus that simulates a targeted EMP. It's designed to immobilize rather than kill by locking off certain systems - Life support and lights for example - and fries everything else. Steals all the power to force the generators to shut down before they overload. He got us through the link to the station" Corp grinned. "But that might not last as long as he likes..."
"'The Tiger'? The top commander of Barbarox? What is he doing here in such a small and dangerous ops?" Wolfe mused, before looking back at Corp.
"Still, I think it might be best if you radio down first."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: "I can't program it from here, I'll have to go get them and input the commands." He released himself from the restraints and cartwheeled towards the corridor.
"I will come with you, Zahn." Wolfe said as he helped Corp pull open the now unstuck door, then pulling out his plasma pistol from one of his pockets. "It would be best if we watch each other's back."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Cailean wants to make a witty reply but instead he does a kind of doggy paddle to where Colorado pulled out the bag from and grabs a bag for himself which he promptly fills.
"Haow long does it normally take tae find ye space legs?' he queries once he's able to talk. Conall tries to sign something but the motion flips him onto his back so that he's staring up at the ceiling. He pauses in confusion for a moment, and then begins twisting and turning, rather ineffectually trying to right himself.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters