Redwall

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Re: Redwall

Post by Esper »

"Just enough water to turn the powders into a paste," Aldryd replied to Rudy, "The first course should be diluted in the watering pail and, should that not be enough, then directly applied to the soil."

The burly otter knelt over the sickly plants, "Have they been watered yet today? If not, we can start healing the crops right away."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hotep the psychic wrote: Trevor nodded. "well then um....would you mind if i joined you?" trevor asked deciding to stay and accompany the lady sara however his blushing face showed other thoughts
"I.....erm , it would be my honor." honor ?! what is she even saying ?! Sara just didn't even know what is what anymore , aside from mentally facepawing
"I erm , but I wouldn't want to disturb your plan of discovering and....things"
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

trevor smiled "oh its no trouble if i can be with one that i love......" Trevor said before mentally snapping inside. "WHAT DID I JUST SAY!!!" trevor thought his face now just red with embaressment "i barely know Sara how can i just say that!" trevor continued to think as he just stood there silent his face still red
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

"Don't worry. You're still young. You're allowed to make mistakes. Everyone is. And I can tell you I was certainly a pawful and made my own fair share of mistakes in my younger days! Did Captain Folger ever tell you how he lost his ear? Don't believe his stoat story! That was me when he was teaching me swordscreatureship. I was getting frustrated with him beating me so often so I thought I'd be clever and break the rules of our fight a bit and surprise him. Well. I surprised myself too! I still haven't made it up to him. Another time I was determined that I knew where I was and that I knew a shortcut back to the mountain. I ended up leading a platoon of hares into quicksand. Ever noticed I let the Major lead these days? Well, that's why. But the important thing is that we learn from our mistakes. And I can see that you do that, every time. So I think you've got great potential. So don't be downhearted, okay? I wouldn't be sending you on this mission if I didn't think you more than capable."

Rhys' attention shifted away from the gathering under the tapestry and back to Lord Brock as the badger tried to lift his spirits. As the tale went on, Rhys had to bring one of his paws up to his mouth to restrain himself from spurting his mouthful of food all over the table in laughter. He had most certainly had not heard the truth of Captain Folger's story, and though it was probably in poor taste to do so, he couldn't help but be amused by the imagery in his head of what might have happened. The second story was perhaps even more humorous for him - having trained as a scout, navigation was something he had to know in order to reconnoiter areas and return. The thought of Lord Brock having no sense of direction was of great bemusement for him... and a bit of a comfort as well.

Forcing himself to finally swallow, Rhys let a chuckle out. "Ah, forgive me, Lord Brock..." He wiped the back of his paw across his face, just in case anything might have leaked through his lips trying to contain his laughter. "And thank you." He gave him a broad smile, considerably cheered.
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You're welcome!" smiles the badger with a wink. "Just don't tell Folger I told you that story. Or anyone else for that matter. Folger would probably die of shame if the truth were known, pompous fool that he is. Still, despite his pompousness he's a master of the blade and he's a valuable hare. Anyway, I'd better be quiet so you can eat up. We don't want to keep the group waiting for too long."

==========
They haven't, no. That was my next job." admits Rudy. "Are they salvageable though? Or are we better to destroy them and treat the soil before replanting?"

==========
"I'm sorry, si- err... Sorry, but um, how should I address you? And yes, breakfast. Right this way. We have porridge and fruit salad for breakfast today. You can feel free to eat and drink as much as you like and you can top your porridge with whatever you like from the table there. Juice is in that barrel, water in that one and tea in the kettle. And feel free to sit where you like to. We're pretty easy-going here. There's not a lot of formality."

==========
Brum allows herself to be lead back, looking rather embarrassed. "Erm... Owai -hic*-n, Peter, Bradley, Fleta, *hic* Calder... I forgot to add my*hic*self to the count. Sorry, everyone!" And there goes the tail, covering her face. "Shall I run to th- *hic* kitchen and get some extra supplies? Oh, Peter, before I forget. I've *hic* got you something. Here..." Brum pauses for a moment before handing over the bow and quiver.
"My mother gave me *hic* these. I did well with them in the abbey archery tournaments, as *hic* you know... I'm afraid I've grown out of them though. The draw is too sh- *hic* -ort for my arm now and I'm better at the sling these days. So I want you to have it. You should have something t- *hic* to defend yourself while we're on the road anyway."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, wow!" Peter enthused before remembering his decorum as he handled the objects. "I mean thank you, Sister Oakbrush," he said formally, "I shall endeavor to honour you with... um..." He ran out of words.
"Don' worry, bachgen," Owain said, "We know. An I were meanin' them," Owain said, indicating those approaching. "Oh, if'n yer doin' th' kitchen, try drinkin' a glass've dŵr from th' oth'r side've the glass."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote:
"I'm sorry, si- err... Sorry, but um, how should I address you? And yes, breakfast. Right this way. We have porridge and fruit salad for breakfast today. You can feel free to eat and drink as much as you like and you can top your porridge with whatever you like from the table there. Juice is in that barrel, water in that one and tea in the kettle. And feel free to sit where you like to. We're pretty easy-going here. There's not a lot of formality."

"'Vell my name is Marko, so I suggesting you try 'dat," said Marko with a grin. "Not a lot of formality is good. Often in caravans such as mine there is not much in the way of it." Thinking a second he added, "For eating anyway."
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hotep the psychic wrote:trevor smiled "oh its no trouble if i can be with one that i love......" Trevor said before mentally snapping inside. "WHAT DID I JUST SAY!!!" trevor thought his face now just red with embaressment "i barely know Sara how can i just say that!" trevor continued to think as he just stood there silent his face still red
"I ... erm...." Sara blushed like a tomato "i will er , I think I came this way this morning " she said awkwardly , pointing and heading back to where the vixen believed she came from yesterday morning.
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

"um er yes quite" Trevor said going his own way and disapearing quickley. once he thought he was alone he sat down to relax himself only for james to find him with a giant smile on his face. "ooooooh does Trevor have an love for someone in redwall?" he said teasingly only having trevor hide his face under his hood which made james laugh
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

"You're welcome! Just don't tell Folger I told you that story. Or anyone else for that matter. Folger would probably die of shame if the truth were known, pompous fool that he is. Still, despite his pompousness he's a master of the blade and he's a valuable hare. Anyway, I'd better be quiet so you can eat up. We don't want to keep the group waiting for too long."

Rhys gave a hearty nod and a lift of his spoon in acknowledgement, before continuing to dig into his meal. Though a part of him wanted to keep the story in his back pocket in case Captain Folger ever needed... deflating, he had no desire to breach Lord Brock's trust in that fashion. As he returned to shoveling what remained of his porridge into his mouth, he once more returned to observing the group gathered around the tapestry, as well as scanning the rest of the Great Hall. As he did so, however, he couldn't help but notice the badger from before at the gate, currently occupied chatting with a Redwaller. I still wonder why he seemed so hostile earlier. But I'll be journeying elsewhere, and I have no idea how long he plans to stay. Oh, well...

Something in him, however, would not leave it at that, and Rhys gave an aside glance to the badger beside him. Perhaps... "Sir, far be it from me to distract you from whatever you need to take care of," He brought up his spoon, using it to point at Marko and direct Brock's attention to the other badger in the room. "However, I ran into that badger at the gate. I know not what it was, but he was very ill at ease when the Long Patrol was mentioned. I wanted to find you as soon as possible, so I wasn't able to inquire as to why. I know you have more important matters-" he said, keeping in mind the message he'd traveled all the way from Salamandastron to deliver, "But, I just thought you should know. I think he said his name was Marko? His accent was a bit off, to be honest." Rhys tried to remember what it reminded him of, but drew nothing but a blank.
RP chars:
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Bradley and Fleta just stood where they were, Fleta gave a sympathetic smile to Brum as she passed by. Bradley nodded and hifted the weight of all the stuff he was carrying again.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Well, how necessary are these crops right now? If they can be thrown out without troubling the abbey, then that would be best. Otherwise, heal them first." Aldryd grunted, rocking on his heels
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Not knowing where to go , even after asking for directions from a few other redwallers , Sara just wandered around , eventually inside the abbey , hope to find someone who's more familiar .
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Suddenly a mole crossing the Great Hall from the kitchens with a basket of empty pea pods that's nearly as big as he is bumps into the side of Sara since he can barely see over the top of the basket, and drops his load, spilling it across the floor.
Picking himself up, he bows and tugs his snout apologetically.
"Burr, boi okey! 'Ascuse Oi, marm! Oi do be turrible sorry! I do 'opes you'm b'aint 'urt, marm!"

==========
Rudy ponders this for a few moments. "We can do without them. We've plenty of other crops to see us through and I've some more carrots over that way coming up nicely. I do want them planted so they'll be ready in time for winter though. We stagger the planting at Redwall so that all the crops don't mature at once. It gives us a steady supply of food for most of the year. Say, could I get you to please check our batches of seed when we're done here just in case that's where the bugs came from?"

=========
"Hmm. Thanks for bringing that up. I'll make sure to talk to him and keep an eye on him." Brock answers. "How are you enjoying the food?"

==========
"Okay. Thank you, Marko." Viv smiles, passing the badger-fox a clean bowl and spoon. "What sort of caravan do you have? Are they here too?"

==========
"You're *hic* welcome, Peter. Just remember, nev*hic*er use it on a living creature unl*hic*ess it's in defence and you've n*hic* no alternative. You can practise on trees and th*hic* like all you like though. *hic* And thanks for the ad*hic*vice." With a wave, Brum heads for the kitchens.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:Suddenly a mole crossing the Great Hall from the kitchens with a basket of empty pea pods that's nearly as big as he is bumps into the side of Sara since he can barely see over the top of the basket, and drops his load, spilling it across the floor.
Picking himself up, he bows and tugs his snout apologetically.
"Burr, boi okey! 'Ascuse Oi, marm! Oi do be turrible sorry! I do 'opes you'm b'aint 'urt, marm!"
"oh no no no" Sara replied , getting up from being knocked over herself "Oh no it was myfault , I was erm , distracted , my apology "
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Calder follows Brum to the kitchen "Let me help you pack, Brum." he said walking beside her and wrapping his tail around hers.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd set a hand on Rudy's shoulder, "You needn't explain the growing of crops, I am a farmer myself." He said, "Go, show me the seeds."
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: =========
"Hmm. Thanks for bringing that up. I'll make sure to talk to him and keep an eye on him." Brock answers. "How are you enjoying the food?"

==========
"Okay. Thank you, Marko." Viv smiles, passing the badger-fox a clean bowl and spoon. "What sort of caravan do you have? Are they here too?".
"I having a typical caravan," replied Marko. He took his bowl and headed for the food. "And I'm traveling alone 'dese days," he said, his cheer disappearing a little.

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

"Hmm. Thanks for bringing that up. I'll make sure to talk to him and keep an eye on him. How are you enjoying the food?"

Rhys puts down a now empty bowl of porridge with a plop, dropping the spoon in lightly with a quiet clack. "Not bad at all. Not quite a home-cooked meal, but after a long road, I'm more than happy with it," said Rhys, with a quick smile. Grabbing a piece of fruit from the salad with his left paw, he began to halfheartedly inspect it while his mind began to wander. "Speaking of food, though, guess I'll need to grab more rations for the trip. Or has that already been taken care of?" Finding nothing wrong with the piece he'd chosen (not that he really expected otherwise), he popped it casually into his awaiting mouth. After chewing for a bit, he opened his mouth and tried speaking with a cheekful - the increasingly casual conversation had made him momentarily forget that he was speaking to the Lord of Salamandastron. "Erthurwhise awwl prawbeblee neet ter vishut der kurtchens." Realizing once again who he was talking to, however, he quickly swallowed and showed a shade of embarrassment. "...apologies."
RP chars:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Than- *hic* -s, Calder." The squirrel makes no move to move Calder's tail as she pauses by the barrel of juice to pour herself a beaker. After drinking it down as quickly as she can, Brum finds that the hiccoughs are gone so taht she can talk normally again.
"Sorry to have made a scene back there, Calder..." she apologises as they walk into the kitchen. Knowing where everything is, Brum obtains the Friar's permission before leading Calder into the pantry and loading up a sack.

===========
The mole helps Sara back to her paws before righting his basket and beginning the lenghty task of picking all the pods up again.
"Burr, no. 'Twas all me. I b'ain't been a-seein' too well be'oind that thurr basket. Are you awroight, marm?"

==========
"Heh, sorry. Force of habit. I've taken on an apprentice, you see. And he should be here by now. Anyway, the seeds are this way." The blind mouse leads Aldryd back to the shed where he opens a cupboard to reveal several sacks containing a variety of seeds.
"These are the carrot seeds here. This is our old stock and this is the new sack that we recently bought in. The other shelves have tomato, leek, garlic, onion, a variety of beans, some fruit, bit of everything, really. I really need to sort this cupboard out some time. Ah. That's where that trowel got to! I was looking for that! What's it doing in here, I wonder?" The mouse triumphantly holds up the errant tool before sticking it into a pocket in his apron.
"Could those mites have spread into our other seeds too?" he queries, stepping back to allow the otter access to the cupboard.

==========
"Ah, I'm sorry. Well, you needn't feel lonely here at Redwall. There loads of great creatures here to talk to. Would you like juice, tea or water?" Viv picks up a goblet, ready to serve the badger-fox.

==========
"Heh. This is just breakfast anyway. When you'll get back you'll see what Redwall's kitchens can really do. They even surpass ours at Salamdastron!"
The badger hides a giggle at Rhys' antics.
"It's okay. And we have rations organised for you too." A hare places a sackful of food on the table next to Rhys.
"Is there anything else you need for this mission aside from the briefing?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain gave a wry smile at the tail antics and checked over his stuff. "Y'wan t'see what we're 'eaded after," he asked those around.
"You know?" Peter asked, carrying out experimental pulls on the bow without loading it yet.
"I do," Owain asserted, pulling a shape from his bindle. "No need t' be synnu...s'pris'd, Found a fair few thin's inna cave. C'ld only carry one f'r drinking from." He held it out. "seems I brung it 'ome."
"Whoaaa..." Peter breathed as he recognised the item from old pictures.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: The mole helps Sara back to her paws before righting his basket and beginning the lenghty task of picking all the pods up again.
"Burr, no. 'Twas all me. I b'ain't been a-seein' too well be'oind that thurr basket. Are you awroight, marm?"
"yes I'm alright , thank you sir" Sara replied , kneeling down to help the mole picking up the pods .
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Bradley carefully set down his load while the two ferrets waited outside. "Here." He helped Fleta set down her load. They both sat down in the middle of their set of supplies and waited for the others, enjoying the view of the wall, gate, and the sky behind and above it.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

"Heh. This is just breakfast anyway. When you'll get back you'll see what Redwall's kitchens can really do. They even surpass ours at Salamdastron!

"Something to look forward to, then," mused Rhys, hiding more than a little disappointment in the fact that he'd not find out that night, being shoved so quickly back onto the road again. Oh well. They say the furthest fruit always smells the sweetest... He tried to comfort himself with that thought for the time being.

"It's okay. And we have rations organised for you too. Is there anything else you need for this mission aside from the briefing?"

Rhys gave the sack a once over look with his eyes. Knowing that it was in all likelihood packed by a hare, he estimated it would likely contain thrice what he actually needed. Not that he minded the extra food, per se, but it meant that the pack would be heavier to carry and he preferred to travel lightly. Perhaps not a bad thing, though, as he thought it over. The group he'd watched assemble underneath the tapestry would remind no one of a military expedition, and he was only supposed to act as an escort, after all. Still, a nagging feeling caught him. It boded ill to lack caution about these things. He shook off the uneasy feeling and instead tried to rack his brain for anything else he might need. Some childish part of him wondered if he could take the Sword of Martin with him - his more sensible side, however, saw the foolishness of asking. And besides, if they actually did give it to him, he was unsure if he could handle the burden of carrying such a legendary blade.

"Nothing comes to mind, sir."
RP chars:
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Ah, I'm sorry. Well, you needn't feel lonely here at Redwall. There loads of great creatures here to talk to. Would you like juice, tea or water?" Viv picks up a goblet, ready to serve the badger-fox.
Marko thought for a moment and then answered, "I 'dinking juice sounds good. It has been some time since I last had it."

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd pored over the bags of seed and smiled, digging through them with his paws, his tail rasping across the ground

"Yes, the mites could have spread, but seeds are strong." he said, "Most bugs can't get hurt the plant until it spouts. I say that we should wash all of these seeds and then dry them back out again, that should get rids of the mites here. What do you think?"
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Calder followed brum into the kitchen, eventually letting go of her tail "No need to apologize Brum I um... He suddenly felt nervous and wasn't sure what to say. "Well you know I will always be there for you. because um He got shy, covering his face while holding out a sack for Brum to fill. "Because I like you" he quietly mumbles.
RP Characters:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Brum smiles, clueless as ever, as she sits a cheese in the sack and ties it off.
"I like you too, Calder. You're my best friend." she answers. "There. That should do it. Shall we head back to the others?"

==========
"All right. Sounds like a plan. May I leave that in your capable paws? I want to set up a challenge for my apprentice to test him a bit since he's late. He's got to learn not to sleep in." Right on cue a youngish dormouse pokes his head around the shed door, panting and holding a piece of bread in one paw.
"Sorry I'm late, Brother Rudolph! I overslept again."
"Tsk tsk. Tardiness is not becoming, young dormouse. You must learn to work with the daylight and the sun's warmth if you're to be the gardener you aspire to, isn't that right, Aldryd?" Without waiting for an answer from the otter, Rudy puts the chastised dormouse to work.
"Go and help Foremole to finish that new irrigation trench - he should be nearly done by now. By the time you get back I'll have a little test for you."
"Yes, Brother Rudolph. Sorry, Brother Rudolph." The dormouse, whose name is Fipps, collects a shovel and a pair of work gloves from the shed before scurrying off to the diggings, shoving his bread into his mouth as he goes.
"Sorry you had to see that, Aldryd. I hate being strict. Still, he must learn some day."

==========
"I'm sure you'll enjoy this then. It's apple and pear, nice and cool from the cellars!" Viv fills the goblet before turning back to Marko.
"So do you have a favourite food or drink? You can feel free to sit wherever you like when you're ready, by the way. And you'll be welcome to go back for refills of food or drink if you wish too."

==========
"Good, good." Once the squirrel has eaten and drunk his fill, Brock leads him up to a quiet section of corridor on the third floor, away from the business of the Great Hall, dormitories and infirmary.
"So... Here's what's been happening. Just before the feast a young mouse was found collapsed outside the abbey. He had been travellign with a group from Noonvale that had been attacked not far from here. We went out scouting and found the site of the attack but no trace of the attackers, nor any bodies from the group. A small village nearby was also ransacked with just two survivors but again there weren't as many bodies as we would have expected. So we're sure there are slavers in the area but we don't know where they're camped or where they're taking the poor creatures they've caught. At this point we don't even know who or what they are but we're not leaving the abbey until we know the creatures here are safe. This has been kept private because we don't want a panic. The abbess has restricted egress from the abbey for foraging purposes though. With me so far? Good. So, also just before the feast, a Marcher mouse by the name of Owain turned up with a cup he'd found which turned out to be the Abbot's Cup, a long-lost treasure. I'm know you know a bit of Abbey history so I won't go into too many details but this cup along with a whole sackful of silverware was stolen many generations ago by Sela and Chickenhound. Owain knows where the rest of the treasures are - in a cave near Appleford - so you'll be going with his expedition along with a pawful of other creatures to retrieve the artefacts. Your mission will be to protect the artefacts but more importantly the others in your party and to see that they return to the abbey safely. There will be a half-dozen creatures in your party, seven counting yourself. All are going armed but only Owain has any real experience in fighting so you'll be paramount to the success of this mission. They'll be relying on your expertise to avoid any tracks the slavers might have left and any traps that might have been set as well as to coordinate their defence should they come under attack. Do you have any questions or concerns? I know this is a lot to ask of a corporal and there's no pressure on you at all to take the mission and no shame whatsoever if you feel you're not up to the task. I would not have asked if I didn't think you capable though. So, what are your thoughts?"

==========
"That's good. Thank 'ee fer the 'elp, marm. But you'm b'ain't a-havin' ta do that. Tis moi tarsk."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Am... Am I allowed to touch it?" Peter asked breathlessly. He reached out for it.
Owain pulled it back slightly. "Have y' washed y' paws t'day?" he asked playfully before allowing Peter to hold the icon for a moment. He took it back after a moment and put it out of sight in case others saw it.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Still embarrassed he forgot for a moment that Brum was sometimes clueless. "Well what I meant was more than-" He lifted the sack, putting it over his shoulders. "I um... I meant more than friends." He wasn't sure why he was now saying this, maybe jealously with the attention Owain was giving her. He wasn't sure but he felt more like a fool now than ever.
"But nevermind, lets get back to the others." He said, embarrassed enough that his tail almost moved the sack off he shoulders as he was walking. He was worried about her reaction and started walking back to the main hall.
Last edited by Jacey on Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
RP Characters:
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "That's good. Thank 'ee fer the 'elp, marm. But you'm b'ain't a-havin' ta do that. Tis moi tarsk."
"oh no it's OK sir." Sara smiled "I wasn't looking where I was going , so it's only fair I help you with this . Beside , I don't really know what else I can do to be honest with you ." The vixen said , then finally remembered why she was wandering around in the first place
"oh , erm , actually , would you happen to know a squirrel name "Brum" ? "
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

After following Brock to the third floor, Rhys said nothing as the Badger Lord went through his briefing, but his body language was not so silent. Descriptions of a fallen village and the word of slavers brought an angry tension through his body, his paws clenching hard. So that's why we're holding up in here. He had more than his fair share of hatred for bandits and corsairs, but even he recognized the particularity of the evil slavers posed. Perhaps they were more merciful on the field than other rogues to their foes, but all this was in truth an extended piece of cruelty. He himself was too young and recent to the Patrol to have taken part in a liberation campaign personally, but knew many in the force who had. A number considered them their finest hours, seeing the relief on the faces of long-suffering captives. It was not uncommon for experienced Patrol members to have an especial loathing for slavers above all others, and were it not for the personal vendetta close to his heart, he might find it hard to disagree with them.

Nodding in acknowledgement to the explanation of their foe, he listened to the tale of Owain and his discovery. Sela and Chickenhound? While Brock was correct that Rhys was relatively well-versed in Abbey lore for a squirrel from the Northlands thanks to his mother's tales - despite this being his first trip to the Abbey proper - the two names rang no bells. He may have recognized Slagar the Cruel, Chickenhound's later alias, but the connection was unknown to him. That said, a part of him felt somewhat puzzled about the decision to go forward with the mission given a potential enemy so close at hand. Is the Abbot's lost gold and silver really so valuable to wander about with slavers on the prowl? But questioning the wisdom of the mission, he felt, would be showing Brock his own doubts. The badger was entrusting him with this responsibility, with this duty. And that was no small source of pride for the squirrel. No, Rhys would make no mention of his concerns.

"It's an honor, my Lord. As for questions... am I correct in assuming that the group assembling at the tapestry was the party I'm to escort?" recalling the fresh memory. "Owain would have been the mouse, then, along with two squirrels - heh, it's been a while since I've been with some of my own kind." He smiled at this thought. It was true, after all - most of the time he was inundated by hares. Meetings with other squirrels were usually limited to a quick hello at best, if his route while out scouting passed by a populated village. "Then there was a vole and..." He managed to stifle a grimace, but his grin was gone. "Two ferrets." He was trying not to be judgmental, but many of their type were like to be brigands or worse. It was hard for him to shake the reputation from his head. "And you said Owain was from the Marches, are the rest Abbeygoers?" He waited for Brock to answer while thinking of anything else to ask.
RP chars:
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote:
"I'm sure you'll enjoy this then. It's apple and pear, nice and cool from the cellars!" Viv fills the goblet before turning back to Marko.
"So do you have a favourite food or drink? You can feel free to sit wherever you like when you're ready, by the way. And you'll be welcome to go back for refills of food or drink if you wish too."
"'Danking you," said Marko as he took the goblet. He laughed at the sister's enthusiasm. "Telling me sister, are all Abbey dwellers so full fo questions?"

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd grinned widely as he hefted a pair of bags of seeds onto each shoulder and laughed,

"Ah, I wouldn't worry too much about being so strict with him, my one of my brothers was the same way when we were all young. So very strict back then..." the otter said jovially, "Though I don't think I was so meek then. Did you have any brothers or sisters, I have so many memories about my own."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Before Rudy can answer, a tall female fieldmouse that's just entered the shed grabs him from behind and noogies his head, having heard the question.
"Aye, he does. He's my baby brother."
"Ow! Hiya, sis!" Rudy laughs, playfully trying to push his sister off.
"I'm Muriel. You must be Aldryd. Rudy spoke highly of your expertise over dinner last night. It's a pleasure." Muriel releases her brother and offers a paw to Aldryd.

==========
"Heh, not all. Sorry if I'm too chatty or if I'm prying too much. I can shut up if you want." Viv looks chastened as she helps herself to a goblet of the juice.

==========
Brock watches closely the look on Rhys' face as he talks and discerns a few things.
"That's correct. Well guessed. The rest except for the ferrets are abbey dwellers. I'm told the ferrets do intend to make a new life for themselves here though. They seem honest and genuine as far as I can tell. Now, I saw your face when I was talking before so I have two things to add. First, think not that I am so frivolous or greedy as to risk valuable lives for gold or silver. Nay, these treasures date to the time of Matthias the Warrior. I'm sure you'll have heard tell of him. According to the abbey's librarian, records of exactly what was stolen are scarce as the abbey dwellers were engaged in a war at the time and so had more important things to think about. So in this mission you're not just recovering treasures but potentially some important historical artefacts that might help fill holes in the abbey's records. So this is a once in a generation, a once in a lifetime opportunity. Few creatures have the privilege of recovering and potentially rewriting history so you are indeed fortunate in that regard. Secondly, although slavers are some of the worst kind of vermin, I expect you to remember that you're a member of the Long Patrol and a good creature and I expect that you will conduct yourself accordingly. Do not attack unprovoked, tempting though it may be, and remember to give quarter. Finally... The big badger pauses and squats. Placing a paw on Rhys' shoulder, he briefly hugs the squirrel before pulling back and looking him in the eye.
"Good luck and take care of yourself. I... I've kind of grown attached to you despite myself so be careful and take care of your fellow travellers, okay? You're as good as any hare in the Long Patrol and I've confidence in you. Have you all the supplies you need for this journey? Do you have any final questions? If not, then let's rejoin the others."

==========
"Well, thank 'ee, marm!" Grinning, the mole tugs his nose politely before answering the vixen's question. "Aye, that I do. B'ain't nary a creature here wot don't know Brum."

==========
Unfortunately for Calder, what he meant was drowned out by a chef in the kitchen accidentally dropping a tin pot with a loud clang.
"Sorry, I didn't quite catch that." Brum apologises. "It's loud in the kitchens sometimes, you know. Let's rrejoin the others, shall we, and you can tell me there. It'll be quieter in the Great Hall."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Peter continued to test his new bow, pulling the string back and relaxing it several times. "I've been quite good in practice and target shooting," he professed, a light tremor in his voice.
"Good," Owain said, looking back at the Vole. "Shootin' a' some'n's a bit dif'rent. Bu' y'll find there's more'n one thing t'do wi' an arrow."
"Like what?"
"An Arrow in a tree, front've th' trwyn... uh, muz'le, is a sure 'stop' sign. Wi' a rope b'hind it'll get us 'cross chasms." he patted Peter on the shoulder. "y'll do well."
Owain set to checking the stocked provisions. "Hope they r'm'b'r the wat'r."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Heh, not all. Sorry if I'm too chatty or if I'm prying too much. I can shut up if you want." Viv looks chastened as she helps herself to a goblet of the juice.
"Heh, do not 'vorrying about it," Marko assured her, "I am fox after all. 'Ve have been known to talking for an entire night until the sun rises."

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd grinned widely, showing his sharp teeth in order to suppress a boisterous laugh. The otter shrugged a pair of seed bags off of his right shoulder onto the ground. They each make a muffled thump as they land. He extended a paw and gave Muriel's a firm shake, clearly expressing joy,

"I'm glad to hear that he has spoken so kindly about me," Aldryd said, "It's good to meet you too, Miss Muriel!"
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "Well, thank 'ee, marm!" Grinning, the mole tugs his nose politely before answering the vixen's question. "Aye, that I do. B'ain't nary a creature here wot don't know Brum."
"Oh , that's great ! Would you happen to see her this morning anywhere ?"
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Rhys tenuously bit his lower lip. Apparently he needed to practice his stoicism, if Brock gotten that much from his face alone. Matthias the Warrior, though... his saga had been one of his favorite tales of Redwall he'd been told as a child. He still had some reservations about leaving with danger about, but - if not them, who else might find these things? He shuddered the thought of Redwall gold being bartered and sold by vermin, funding some villainous campaign. No, perhaps this was for the best. And, well - it was hard to resist the chance to find something of Matthias' generation.

He nodded, as Brock reminded him of his duties. It was something he would have expected of Brock to emphasize. What would come next though, caught the squirrel completely off-guard. The badger's embrace was warm and fatherly, if short-lived. Hearing those words, that he, of all creatures, meant something to Brock... his heart jumped into his throat, and he struggled to respond properly. "I... I... th-thank you. No, let's go." Whatever questions he'd thought of had been lost in the moment.
RP chars: