Redwall

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Civilization

Re: Redwall

Post by Civilization »

"Thank you." Bradley and Fleta both take an empty seat. Bradley takes the plate of rolls, he and Fleta take one before setting the plate back down. "I'm Fleta, he's Bradley." Fleta said before taking a bite out of the roll, "We're from the Northern isles of the Western sea." Bradley finished and then took a bite out of his roll.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Esper wrote:The otter relaxed his stance, but remained wary, "So you're lost, then?" he sighed and walked over to his dining table to set his carried plants down. He shook his head and motioned to a set of cushions on the floor in front of the hearth, "It's too late to send you out again, so find a spot to sit, you too Sara." Aldryd said, "I'll light a fire for us."
"yes" Sara nodded , then sat down on the other side of where the racoon was sitting . She did notice the look he gave her , but......well , maybe she was just mistaken.....
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Civilization wrote:"Thank you." Bradley and Fleta both take an empty seat. Bradley takes the plate of rolls, he and Fleta take one before setting the plate back down. "I'm Fleta, he's Bradley." Fleta said before taking a bite out of the roll, "We're from the Northern isles of the Western sea." Bradley finished and then took a bite out of his roll.
"Wand'r'd far," Owain said with a hint of appreciation in his marcher brogue, "like m'self."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Brum leans sideways to allow a kitchen hand to reach in and swap out the empty pot of summer vegetable soup for a full put of hearty pumpkin and soured meadowcream soup before replying to Bradley and Fleta.
"Wow. It's quite the journey from there. May I ask what brought you two to our humble abode?"

==========
"There's still two thirds of the patrol at Salamandastron. The attack must have been swift and sudden for them to be unable to do anything. I shall investigate fully on my return. I'll definitely send some hares to scout Dike. Is there anything else I should know? If not you may go."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd took the flint and pocketed it, then moved towards the cottage's door, minding the resting bow, and said,

"Wait here, I'm going to gather wood from the shed."

Before leaving without another word.

The otter walked out into the cold night air, around his crops and towards his wood shed. Something, however, lurked in the darkness around the clearing
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

James thinks a moment. "with what we've seen? I wouldn't surprised on swiftness. However I don't have anything else. If I find something else I'll report" James said before running of to catch up with granite.

Trevor sat , his usual manner of listening could be seen as his ears turned like radars. His eyes caught a glance of aldryd before he turned back to the Fox, he stared a moment before looking away a bit blushing. "so what's your name?" trevor asked
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Esper wrote:Aldryd took the flint and pocketed it, then moved towards the cottage's door, minding the resting bow, and said,

"Wait here, I'm going to gather wood from the shed."
"erm , sir Ald-" Sara tried to call after the big otter , but
Esper wrote: Before leaving without another word.

The otter walked out into the cold night air, around his crops and towards his wood shed. Something, however, lurked in the darkness around the clearing
Being left behind without another word , Sara couldn't say anything but a sigh , turning her attention back to the fire
Hotep the psychic wrote: Trevor sat , his usual manner of listening could be seen as his ears turned like radars. His eyes caught a glance of aldryd before he turned back to the Fox, he stared a moment before looking away a bit blushing. "so what's your name?" trevor asked
"I'm....My name is Sara...." the fox answered gently , kind of whispering , why she didn't even know.
"and , you , sir ?" she asked , looking up to face the racoon
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

"Wanted a simple life." Bradley took another bite out of the roll before looking at the soup. "And to start a family." He quickly added when Fleta looked over at him.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hotep the psychic

Trevor smiled a bit, "My name is Trevor. Pleasure to meet a beautiful person as yourself lady Sara " trevor said with a small bow as he sat. He then looked outside some he worried for Aldryd.
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hotep the psychic wrote:Trevor smiled a bit, "My name is Trevor. Pleasure to meet a beautiful person as yourself lady Sara " trevor said with a small bow as he sat. He then looked outside some he worried for Aldryd.
"thank you" she smiled back , then returned Trevor's bow with one of her own "it's nice to meet you too"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Brum smiles and sips a beaker of strawberry fizz.
"I wish you luck with that! Will you be staying with us for a while then?"

~~~~
The stoat vanishes before Brock can thank him so teh badger turns and heads back into the abbey, shaking his great striped head.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Nothin' simpl'r than walkin'," Owain agreed heartily, taking a draw on his soup. "Until y' find a need t' stop, a'course," he added, flicking his gaze to Brum for a second.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Bradley and Fleta look at each other as they finish their rolls, they both looked at Brumble and the squirrel. "Could we stay?" Fleta reached over to the pumpkin and soured meadowcream soup, pouring a little for herself and then some for Bradley.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I don' think th' pobl 'ere ev'r turn anyone away," Owain admitted with a sly grin. "E'en a crwydryn llygoden ((Tramp mouse)) like me," he continued, not registering his slip into Marcher.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Er... Sorry, didn't catch that, Owain. You slipped into Marcher again. But to answer your question, of course you can stay. All are welcome at Redwall for as long as they wish, whether that's for a day or a lifetime." Brum smiles at the pair.
"After dinner I'll show you where you can wash up and then we'll get you set up with a bed. I take it you'd prefer a private bedroom to a dormitory? We have plenty of both to suit all tastes." Brum nibbles at a crust momentarily.
"Forgive my insatiable curiosity, but have you much news of the outside world? I'm the official recorder and librarian here at Redwall so I like to keep abreast of events so I can keep them recorded."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd passed quietly through the grass towards the woodshed, careful not to stumble until he arrived. Once there, he started to pick up great armfuls of split wood and kindling and then started to walk back. Not far from him now, there was a heavy rustling noise drawing closer
Hotep the psychic

James and the rat walked for awhile around redwall, james giving him a tour of the area that had housing available and their locations. The two had talked of space, land, work and seemed to go on and on before the two stopped at a cabin by the river with a fair amount of space and tall grass that needed to be cut. Granite took his own way inside giving the child to james to hold outside while he worked. suprisingly enough Granite finished in professional time with the house dusted and furniture moved to look like a cozy abode. James helped out by cutting the tall grass and setting Granites belongings in his room. The rat was thankfull and had james on his way before he went on to care for the child. Now tired and sweating James made his way home in the dark.
---------
Trevor sat silently staring at the fox in front of him. she was pretty and elegant in all manners to him. however he stopped as his ears seemed to pick up something. he didnt know what but his body soon seemed to react a bit, his senses working to figure everything out. " so sara howd you come to redwall. you must be new around here" Trevor asked sitting up straighter
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hotep the psychic wrote: Trevor sat silently staring at the fox in front of him. she was pretty and elegant in all manners to him. however he stopped as his ears seemed to pick up something. he didnt know what but his body soon seemed to react a bit, his senses working to figure everything out. " so sara howd you come to redwall. you must be new around here" Trevor asked sitting up straighter
"I can't recall sir , I was running from a few beasts , they thought I stole something from them...." Sara explained , the fear and feeling of helplessness came rushing back as , and it showed , as her ears drooped down the moment she mentioned it "So I ran and , when I woke up again , I was already under Sister Evelyn's care." the vixen finished , then a moment later , spoke again
"Erm , please forgive me for asking , but how did you know that I'm staying in Redwall , for I fail to recall we ever met before"
Hotep the psychic

Trevor blinked a bit. "well my job is to conitinue keeping the peace for redwall. I recognize many of its people but i dont recognize you. I also beleive i saw you enter the gates earlier today." trevor said thinking about what sara said. "sounds like you hit someth8ng when running and lost conciousness...same thing happened to james once." trevor said
ImageImageImage
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Bradley looked down at his bowl of soup then back at Brum, "Thank you, and no, no news." He looked at Fleta, then back again at Brum, "You know." He gestured at himself and Fleta.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain leaned back in his chair after finishing his first bowl of soup. "Yr wyf yn hapus ac rwy'n adref," he said languidly.

((I am happy and I'm home))
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hotep the psychic wrote:Trevor blinked a bit. "well my job is to conitinue keeping the peace for redwall. I recognize many of its people but i dont recognize you. I also beleive i saw you enter the gates earlier today." trevor said thinking about what sara said. "sounds like you hit someth8ng when running and lost conciousness...same thing happened to james once." trevor said
"James ? Sara asked "he's a friend of yours I assume ?"
Hotep the psychic

Trevor nodded to Sara. "yes, he's a great freind. And shares my job" trevor said
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh. I get it." Brum smiles. "Fancy some October Ale? Redwall's always been famous for our ale." Brum hefts the pitcher and nods towards Bradley and Fleta's glasses.

Brock pauses by Owain's chair as the mouse murmurs in Marcher. "Rwy'n falch o glywed hynny a byddai'r abades yn rhy. Ond rwy'n credu y bydd hi'n a Brum yn ei chael yn haws i'w deall os ydych yn dweud ei fod yn Woodlander."* The badge winks jovially at the mouse before continuing on his way.

*I'm glad to hear that and the abbess would be too. But I think she and Brum would find it easier to understand if you said it in Woodlander.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain chuckled at the 'admonishment' and looked to Brum. "Was jus' sayin' th' place feels like 'ome," he explained whilst reaching for more soup.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Bradley looked at the pitcher and then at Fleta, after some brief small head movements he turned back to Brum, "No thanks." Both of them took a sip out of their bowl of soup, both of them enjoying it very much by the looks on their faces when they finish their sip. The mention of home made them both look at each other again.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Suddenly and with a great roar, a heavy beast with gnashing teeth burst from the tall grass, lunging towards Aldryd. The otter is stunned and drops his cargo of firewood before he can act and is taken to the ground by the beast with a shout. Now prone, the otter grapples with his foe, making quite a lot of noise
Hotep the psychic

Trevor shot upwards and grabbed his bow in a flash at the sound of aldryds yell, he burst through the backdoor and stops suddenly noticing the beast on top of the otter. He held his bow up and readied his bow for a shot. His breath was calm as he released an arrow with such speed, it was as if hed done so many times before. After so he set his bow down and drew his knives and charged the beast with a yell to get its attention.
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hotep the psychic wrote:Trevor nodded to Sara. "yes, he's a great freind. And shares my job" trevor said
"I see" Sara smiled "So ho-" the vixen was about to ask something when
Esper wrote:Suddenly and with a great roar, a heavy beast with gnashing teeth burst from the tall grass, lunging towards Aldryd. The otter is stunned and drops his cargo of firewood before he can act and is taken to the ground by the beast with a shout. Now prone, the otter grapples with his foe, making quite a lot of noise
Hotep the psychic wrote:Trevor shot upwards and grabbed his bow in a flash at the sound of aldryds yell, he burst through the backdoor and stops suddenly noticing the beast on top of the otter. He held his bow up and readied his bow for a shot. His breath was calm as he released an arrow with such speed, it was as if hed done so many times before. After so he set his bow down and drew his knives and charged the beast with a yell to get its attention.
The sudden noises startled Sara to the point that she was frozen in fear , it took her a few moments after Trevor had already left to calm down , barely enough to get up on her feet and try to follow him .
"S-Sir Trevor ? Sir Aldryd ?" she called , hoping the others would not be too far.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

The flying arrow lodged itself in the beast's shoulder, distracting it for a split second. Presented with an opportunity, Aldryd kicked his legs out and sent the baying beast into the air with a shout. The otter quickly stood and chased after it, catching and lifting it from the ground. Then he began to squeeze the struggling beast until it could not draw enough breath and passed out. With a scowl, Aldryd set the unconscious animal back down onto the dirt, crouching to examine it
Hotep the psychic

Trevor joined Aldryd after he finished the battle with the beast. As a precaution trevor checked if it was still alive. Finding nothing he looked over the beast as well. "are you alright? " Trevor asked Aldryd
ImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain waited, listening to the conversations as he wondered if another tale would be asked tonight.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Aw, thanks, Owain. I'm glad you feel that way." Brum smiles, draping an am around the mouse to give his shoulders a brief squeeze before reclaiming the limb to heft another jug.
"Would you two like a drink of anything else then? We've juice, strawberry fizz, water... Anything you like."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Bradley chuckled and put both paws halfway up in a surrendering pose, "No, thanks." Fleta took another sip out of the soup before putting it back down, "Soups good enough, thanks."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"erm....Sir Trevor ? Sir Aldryd ?" Sara called , seeing the others a little farther away "What happened ?" she asked
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd placed a gentle hand on the unconscious beast's side and looked up to his two companions, "Yes, I am fine, this beast must have wanted a meal and attacked."
Hotep the psychic

Trevor nodded and checked his arrow. He pulled it out with ease and returned it to his quiver. "the arrow didnt go too deep. The beast has a thick hide. Could use that to mske some armor or gloves......oh yes lady sara were fine. " trevor said looking over the beast. He then moved to help pick up logs that Aldryd had carried.
ImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain felt a thrill as the arm rested on his shoulders and enjoyed its presence, reciprocating with his own arm around Brum for a moment. "M'pleasure, M'Cariad," he said.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"The beast isn't dead." Aldryd grunted as he stood back up, picking up the creature. He huffed and held it over his shoulder, "I'm going to take it back out into the forest, you should both carry in the firewood."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Poor thing......" Sara muttered , coming closer to the unconscious beast "Erm....a-are you sure sir.Aldryd ? Would that be such a good idea ? what if he wakes up ?"