Redwall

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Fallout otter

Re: Redwall

Post by Fallout otter »

After finishing his lunch Aaron thought about going with Brum and the others to the garden, but remembered that he promised he would help Clader at the forge. After getting directions from a passing vole Aaron made his way to the forge.
I'm losing my grip on sanity one finger at a time.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Can...Can Charles come back in?" Peter rasped as he strained to keep his insides in with some success before dry retching.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hey, hey, hey, easy there! Don't ruin Evelyn's handiwork. They're going to be all right. You'll see." Tamm tries to reassure gently, placing a paw over Charles' paws.
Soon Evelyn pokes her head around the door.
"Charles, Peter wants to see- What have you done to my nice, neat bandages? Come on, in here, quickly and you can talk to Peter while I redo those." Evelyn ushers the mouse in and shuts the door, leaving Tamm and the hares waiting on the landing.

==========
"Could be, friend. Could be." Rudy nods wisely.
"Ah yes, the carrots. Right this way." Rudy leads the way across a neatly plowed vegetable patch, stepping unerringly across the rows of seedlings.
"Mind the celery there." he warns, stepping over a taller row of plants.
"The carrots are these two rows here. Well, they're supposed to be in any case. Look at them. Sad, aren't they? And I've no idea why. I've just not seen the like before and nor have any of my assistants. I do appreciate the help, friend Aldryd."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles sniffed and walked back into the room to see Peter. The mouse immediately began crying, feeling guilty because of the berries, because of his grandfather's kidnapping, because he was the only one who made it to safety...
Charles climbed into Peter's bed and wrapped his arms around him, sobbing over his shoulder.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Peter thought of things to say but decided to just hold his friend tight and let him cry, whispering only that it wasn't his fault over and over.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd followed behind Rudolf with crossed arms. The tall man nodded to the blind man with an affirmative grunt, kneeling down in front of the poor plants, he hummed lowly. Aldryd reached out a gentle hand and took to the greens of one of the carrots and turned it in his fingers, "These leaves aren't doing well, they're browning a little bit." he said, tugging on the carrot until it's root was visible. He spotted something and reached with his other hand to pick at it, "There are little bugs living on this vegetable, the kind that take up all of the humors that it needs. Er... Mites, they're called."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"erm...so is there anything we can do , sir Aldryd ?" Sara asked from behind the back of the group
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Mites?" Rudy is surprised. "Well, how would they have gotten in, I wonder. We'venever had a problem with them at Redwall before... Must have been that new batch of seed I bought from that trader, I think."

Brum watches from a distance with Owain and Sara. She holds her tongue and waits to hear Aldryd's response to Sara.

==========
Evelyn, well used to displays like this, says nothing; instead she sits on the bed and gently rubs the mouse's back comfortingly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Calder worked hard at his task, finishing up would take a bit. However all the components were there, before long most of the project was complete. he just needed to wait for them all to cool. Everything looked well, the wheels, the settings, the frames, everything for the cart was done.

He sat in the shade of the entry way and took a brief break, slightly dosing off a bit.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Trevor thought a moment before lifting the unknown "looter" over his shoulder. He looked around once more seeing the two hares ready. "Alright if we're already we head back to the Abbey. Once there get the child to some one who can care for it. Then I'd like to meet with you two in the library ok."Trevor said. Once getting a reply he nodded and walked ahead taking the lead heading for the trail the led straight to the Abbey gate
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Peter did his best to look Charles in the eye. "So, <urp> pardon," he said, hoping he'd managed to keep that small belch in. He turned his head so he wasn't breathing on either his friend or Sister Evelyn. "So no more tears, eh? Unless you smelled my breath just then?" He kept his hug 'grip' on Charles though. It stopped him shivering.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"So they c'n tell y'like me, eh?" Owain chuckled to Brum as they watched the others solve the garden mystery and he tried not to rest too much on his more damaged pad.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Ah... Sara, was it?" Aldryd said slowly, trying hard to remember everyone's name, "And, er, Rudolf, yes mites can be gotten rid of. We need a great many wild plants to do it, though, to make a poultice for the soil that will make it impossible for the mites to live here."
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Peter did his best to look Charles in the eye. "So, <urp> pardon," he said, hoping he'd managed to keep that small belch in. He turned his head so he wasn't breathing on either his friend or Sister Evelyn. "So no more tears, eh? Unless you smelled my breath just then?" He kept his hug 'grip' on Charles though. It stopped him shivering.
Charles let go of Peter and sat back.
I'm sorry... Charles sobbed.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Why?" Peter asked with a slight rasp, "when, without you, things would have been so much worse?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Brum's tail quivers, perilously close to covering her face again.
"Well, er, they, er, I, er, I..." she fumbles, not quite knowing how to respond.

"Can we get all those plants in Mossflower? I know Evelyn was talking of organising a trip to collect more of the herbs she needs for healing so perhaps she could get some of the herbs we need here at the same time." Rudy plucks another poor carrot from the soil and runs his paws over it in an endeavour to feel the mites.

==========
"He's right, you know, Charles. You're a hero." smiles Evelyn. "Now, shall we get that bandage straightened for you? Here." Evelyn offers the young mouse her own handkerchief to dry his eyes.

==========
Saying little, the hares agree with Trevor. Extinguishing their fire, they follow the raccoon towards the abbey, Bertie keeping his weapons at the ready in case the rat wakes up.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain chuckled as he recalled a particularly odd line he'd once heard a Vole use in a tavern and thought how he could turn it to his advantage. He smiled broadly at Brum. "If'n I said y' 'ad a beaut'ful tail," he intoned lightly whilst keeping his voice down, "Would 'y 'old it against me, bach?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles accepts the handkerchief.
I just feel like people keep getting hurt around me... Charles said, wiping his eyes.
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Trevor continued on with the group for sometime staying silent every now and then hed switch the load of carrying the unconcious rat and the bag of armor to the other shoulders. About halfway to the abbey the rat finally awoke slowly, feeling him wake up Trevor stopped and went on to set him at the base of a nearby tree before hed go on to shake violently. "bertie stow away your weapon, he wont do any harm. well take this calmly first" Trevor said as the rat shook his head and looked at the small band.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hold it against you? What, like this?" Grinning, Brum flips her tail over her shoulder so that it lightly and playfully whacks under Owain's chin. Keeping it there, she gently holds his mouth shut, her long tail-fur tickling his nose. She is, quite literally, "holding it against him."

==========
"I understand, Charles. But it's not your fault. Never let yourself think that. Do you know the story of how Martin escaped from Badrang and freed the slaves?" This may seem like a strange thing for Evelyn to ask, and indeed she wouldn't be surprised if Charles is puzzled. Knowing the stories though, she knows that Martin has experienced some similar things to Charles and she hopes that Charles may take some comfort in the stories of Martin as the abbey dwellers do.

==========
"'Fraid I can't do that, sah. My orders from Lord Brock are to protect and serve you. Until we know his allegiance and intentions my weapons stay drawn. I shall stay back a bit though so's not to be intimidatin', wot."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"Hold it against you? What, like this?" Grinning, Brum flips her tail over her shoulder so that it lightly and playfully whacks under Owain's chin. Keeping it there, she gently holds his mouth shut, her long tail-fur tickling his nose. She is, quite literally, "holding it against him."
Sara giggled , seeing Brum teases Owain , while waiting for Aldryd to have his saying about the plants , and also , waiting to see how Owain would react to this unexpected joke
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain tried not to sneeze as the tail attacked and he used his free hand to grip the tail, pretending to fight the tail away before the... Nuts. He held the sneeze in and saw pretty colours dance before his eyes as he laughed. "Crwl, Brum," he said through his closed and smiling mouth.
------------------------------------
"Ah," Peter said before popping his head back in the bucket for a few seconds. "You should hear the story. Sister Evelyn tells it best."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hlaoroo wrote:==========
"I understand, Charles. But it's not your fault. Never let yourself think that. Do you know the story of how Martin escaped from Badrang and freed the slaves?" This may seem like a strange thing for Evelyn to ask, and indeed she wouldn't be surprised if Charles is puzzled. Knowing the stories though, she knows that Martin has experienced some similar things to Charles and she hopes that Charles may take some comfort in the stories of Martin as the abbey dwellers do.

==========
Charles nodded.
I know how Martin escaped Badrang with a few friends, but Brome and Feldoh*, along with the Rambling Rosehip Players, rescued the slaves... Charles replied.
My brother likes history...
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

MrNeonShot wrote:

==========
Charles nodded.
I know how Martin escaped Badrang with a few friends, but Brome and Feldoh*, along with the Rambling Rosehip Players, rescued the slaves... Charles replied.
"You should hear it anyway," Peter rasped gently, putting a hand on his friend's shoulder. "Sister may tell it differently, bringing new life to it, eh? Beside," he added, "it means we get to sit here."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd scratched at his crooked snout snout as he thought, "I don't think the plants we need can really be used for anything but this, so I would say the abbey would probably not have them with the medicine. It would be best to send someone out to gather up the materials." He said to Rudolf, "And please, wash off your hands before you touch any other crops, Rudolf, you'll spread the mites if you don't."
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
MrNeonShot wrote:

==========
Charles nodded.
"You should hear it anyway," Peter rasped gently, putting a hand on his friend's shoulder. "Sister may tell it differently, bringing new life to it, eh? Beside," he added, "it means we get to sit here."
I was just correcting her... I'd love to hear your interpretation, ma'am...
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Nice save," Peter grinned, chucking his friend gently on the jawline.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hmm, you're right. Perhaps that wasn't the best example. But Martin still is. A lot of his friends and all of his family were hurt but he never blamed himself or got angry. He just took what life gave him and dealt with it, using everything he could to his advantage and not only that but to help other people. All his misfortunes weren't his fault and neither are yours yours. Try to think of them as learning experiences or as character building experiences and make the most of them. Silver lining and all that rot, wot, as the hares would say." Evelyn hopes her lagomorphic impersonation might elicit a giggle.

==========
"Do you think you could go with them and show them what they need? It would be a great help. I'm afraid we can't give you much by way of payment but you're welcome to our food and hospitality. And thanks for the advice. Will water wash them from my paws or will I need some of those plants you mentioned?"

==========
Brum, her tail caught by Owain's paw, has no way to alleviate the mouse's suffering.
"Sorry, Owain, I didn't quite catch that. You sounded all muffled. And my tail seems to be stuck." she continues teasing, tugging the tail lightly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Choo!" Owain said, pretending to sneeze a second or so before he released Brum's tail. To him it smelled nice, all hawthorns and brambles, but he decided he preferred fresh air. A bit.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"See, my brother?" Peter said, still with his arm around Charles, "Don't blame yourself."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Alexander, who had been wandering around, noticed Owain with Brum and a few others. "Hello everyone." he said, walking up to the group.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Choo!" Owain said, pretending to sneeze a second or so before he released Brum's tail. To him it smelled nice, all hawthorns and brambles, but he decided he preferred fresh air. A bit.
Sara giggled , seeing how the two love beast were joking around , while listening to what Aldryd and Rudy were talking about . Maybe she could volunteer ? go outside , collecting the plants ? Though , the vixen wouldn't know what plant is the right one...........
hypernovatic wrote:Alexander, who had been wandering around, noticed Owain with Brum and a few others. "Hello everyone." he said, walking up to the group.
"Oh , good morning Alexander , how're you today ?" Sara greeted with a smile

(OOC : I can't remember if they met or not , if they hadn't , please PM me so I can fix it :P )
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I'm good. How are you Sara?" Alexander asked, smiling.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Hmm, you're right. Perhaps that wasn't the best example. But Martin still is. A lot of his friends and all of his family were hurt but he never blamed himself or got angry. He just took what life gave him and dealt with it, using everything he could to his advantage and not only that but to help other people. All his misfortunes weren't his fault and neither are yours yours. Try to think of them as learning experiences or as character building experiences and make the most of them. Silver lining and all that rot, wot, as the hares would say." Evelyn hopes her lagomorphic impersonation might elicit a giggle.
. . . Charles stayed silent for a moment before saying I'm sorry for crying... If anyone should be crying, its the hare. He barely got to eat the amount he ate at the stronghold... he said.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Peter looked at Charles askance for a moment as though trying to work out... Then he started giggling at what he really hoped was Charles' joke and pulled the boy in slightly tighter.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hypernovatic wrote:"I'm good. How are you Sara?" Alexander asked, smiling.
"i'm fine as well , thank you" Sara smiled back "I'm just following Brum here to see if we can help brother Rudo-I mean Rudy , with his vegetables"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Aye," Owain agreed, "I'm no' so bad wi' th' hoe."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd nodded, "I can go out and gather up what we need, I know where they grow." he said to Rudolf, "And water will wash the mites off of flesh, but not a plant."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Rudy nods happily. "All right. Thanks for your help and expertise. I appreciate it. So does all of Redwall. Is there anything we can do for you in return?"

==========
Brum giggles as she twirls her tail back into its resting position.
"Oh, hello, Alexander! Nice of you to join us!"
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Aye," Owain agreed, "I'm no' so bad wi' th' hoe."
"Heh, but none can beat the hares with a shovel. Ever seen them at the dinner table?" Brum jokes.

==========
"Hey, it's okay, Charles. You've nothing to be sorry for. Crying is good for relieving stress. Now, lets fix your bandages, shall we?" Evelyn brings out some strips of linen and sets about rebinding Charles' head.
"This time try to keep the bandages on." she scolds gently.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Aye, an' it's a golwg ((sight)) I'll no' soon f'rget," Owain remarked, putting his 'tail-fighting' arm back around Brum and tickling her for a second or two.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Speaking of hares ,I wonder if he is OK...." Sara wondered out loud
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Charles sniffed as his bandages were reapplied. So, he said, everyone's going to be O.K?
"Give me a few minutes," Charles commented, reaching for the bucket, "and I probably will be."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Owain tickled Brum for another second or so.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie