HPU?: Apollo City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Pet Friendly?: Apollo City

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Visuals indicate you are undamaged. That is good. I am glad." replies Kelly, running an automated series of quick diagnostic checks.
Esper wrote:I do not recognize you..."
"Nor I you. I am Kelly Doyle, Usher ani-droid first class. Pleased to make your acuqaintance" Kelly answers by way of introduction and then pauses as her systems try to decide whether to offer a Human or Serpiente gesture of respect to the rodent-shaped droid.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Noah reached the two doors, which were labeled Noah's subconscious and Noah's fears. Yea, I'm gonna stay away from the fears door. Noah said as he started walking through the other door.

---------------------

James was surprised when the girl on the other end knew the password. Noah rarely gave that out. Then he heard what the girl was saying. Wait, Noah's hurt!?!?! Oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god. I-I-I'm coming! J-just make sure Noah doesn't get any worse!! I'll be there in about ten minutes! James ran to the door, put his coat on, ran out towards the stairs, and reached the ground floor in under a minute. He got in his car. Oh god, please let Noah be alright. Please don't let him die. he thought as he started the car and drove towards the park.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Orion got closer to Noah and pulled out the canister, containing the gas. He held the nozzle in Noahs mouth and was about to administer the gas when Erik showed up. Orion dropped the nozzle when Erik spoke. The gas was spilling out in return.
Well fudge is good... Orion said, attempting to grab at the blue mess spilling out.
How did you get out of the police car? Orion asked the cat.
Never mind, your here now. Help me lift him to a bench. Orion said, closing the nozzle.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Visuals indicate you are undamaged. That is good. I am glad." replies Kelly, running an automated series of quick diagnostic checks.
"Nor I you. I am Kelly Doyle, Usher ani-droid first class. Pleased to make your acuqaintance" Kelly answers by way of introduction and then pauses as her systems try to decide whether to offer a Human or Serpiente gesture of respect to the rodent-shaped droid.
Caeruleus held his arms close to his chest defensively, "Caeruleus Springer... Computation-type droid..." he mumbled, "You're rather formal... For a spontaneously casual encounter..." the rat continued, turning his ears forward, a quirk to show that he was still figuring out what to say
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Kelly shrugs. "Sorry. It is my programmed default introduction. I will be more informal. Hi, I'm Kelly. Nice to meet you." Kelly begins again. Finally deciding on a human gesture, she squats to the rat's level and offers him her paw.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

This set the rat droid in a more comfortable mood, "A pleasure." he mumbled, trying to keep his scanning eyes politely on his new acquaintance, extending a silvery paw to grip a finger of the offered hand, "I am sorry if I came off as a bit... Rude."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Not at all. So, what kind of computation do you do?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Not at all. So, what kind of computation do you do?"
"Data retrieval, decryption, and analysis mostly... But I am versed in whatever else I may be called upon to do." he squeaked
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"That sounds useful. I'm an usher at the theatre. I've just been trasnferred up here. Have you been here long?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CrystallineWolf

Post by CrystallineWolf »

Gionni was just about to say something else when she realized that the man on the other end had left without hanging up. It was then that she heard Erik.

Gionni has logged out.

The fox glared, trying put much anger as she could through her optic lenses. "I think you have done enough damage already, no?"

Turning sharply from the cat she addressed Orion. "I don't think we should move him anywhere else- he might get hurt even more, and we'll already have to move him into a car..."
Help me become a better writer! Visit Roth & Korrigan and leave me a review!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

MrNeonShot wrote: Wealthy looked at the frail figure of Ashe, who was demanding an explanation.
Well, you see, there are certain A.I's designed for lifetime function. Then there are A.I's like me, who are designed to get a job done. Wealthy explained.
These ones, after 20 years, go through something called rampancy, which is deadly to the a.i. Wealthy continued.
The last stage of rampancy is called the meta-crisis, and this makes the a.i think its alive. Anidroids are designed to stay in the meta form for 70-90 YEARS! Wealthy exclaimed the last part.
But the rest of the a.i's have from an hour to 24 hours before they die in the meta stage. I have 72 hours before I hit the meta stage. Then, its only a matter of time... Wealthy said anxiously.
But if I naturally die in the systems, it could take days to implement the next a.i. Wealthy stated.
So, they are going to wipe my a.i out before this happens. I am no longer in the system, and Rosie is. If she can get to my a.i chip, it acts as a storage container, which we can use to get me to Apollo City, where I can get my... treatment done. Wealthy finished.
But I can't just take the front door, because they would just kill me there. So, we take the vents.
"Huh?" Ashe was stumped. She really didn't understand anything that Wealthy was saying initially, despite his animated explanation. Rampancy? Meta-crisis? What are those?
When she heard the words 'die' and 'wipe' however, her pupils dilated. "You mean, they are going to... *gulp* kill you?" She was really rendered speechless after that, and only nodded and headed to the cafe to climb the vents. Thinking wouldn't help much; action was more important here. And if she understood correctly, Rosie's life was in danger too!
=====================================
Roarin wrote: "Well I'm glad that our small corner of the galaxy perked your interest." Avery said, smiling happily, back in a good mood. His tail softly smacked the back of his seat as it wagged back and forth.

The dog then took a moment to look around the room, as if searching for someone.
"So... where is your daughter?" Avery asked, looking back at the alien with a raised eyebrow. He remembered Mr Smith mentioning her, but he still hadn't seen a hint of who she was since they had started the conversation.
"I guess you could say that, yeah," John admitted, glad to have lifted Avery's spirit somewhat. He looked around himself, and shrugged. "That's weird, she has been away for a while. Wait here," he said, and stood up, willing himself to transform back. His features melted into a floating lavender ball before his natural features formed, finally revealing his alien forme to the dog.

The now alien darted his bullseye eyes around, and tingled bodily. His limbs rotated wildly for a while, before stopping. "iT sEEMS tHAT a dOSE oF qUICK-ACTING sEDATIVE cOCKTAIL hAS bEEN aUTO-aDMINISTERED iNTO aSHE'S bODY. sHE wAS sUBJECTED tO aN eXTREME sTRESS," the alien buzzed. Even in his unique state, his voice was laced with concern. "i'M aFRAID wE nEED tO lOOK fOR tHEM, sOMETHING hAS hAPPENED tO tHEM. cAN yOU hELP mE?" he then stated, and asked, looking at Avery.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

When Wealthy and Ashe got to the cafe, the cashier had left for a break.
Wealthy silently unscrewed the vent grate, then looked down into it.
He turned and grabbed the rope under the counter, grabbed the harness, and helped Ashe put it on.
Now, Rosie's body is strong enough to support your weight, but I suggest not to struggle. Wealthy said as he tightened it around her waist. Wealthy put the rope down, then jumped into the vent. There was loud clanking, then Wealthy marching up the vent on the wall.
This vent is the size of an elevator shaft. The wind would send you flying. We should only have to wait a few seconds before-- Then a huge gush of wind blew, sending Wealthy out of the vent and back in the cafe.
Okay, I'll jump in again, then toss me the rope. Wealthy said, jumping back into the vent.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hlaoroo wrote:"That sounds useful. I'm an usher at the theatre. I've just been trasnferred up here. Have you been here long?"
"The theatre..." he searched up a map of the city from his memory, ears whirring, "Ah, the Theatre. I have been here since my activation three years ago..." Caeruleus was warming up to the other droid, "This is only the second time I've left my owner's apartment since then..."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Kelly's CPU decides she shouls show surprise and concern at this comment. "Wow. Do they work you a lot? Don't you burn out?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hlaoroo wrote:Kelly's CPU decides she shouls show surprise and concern at this comment. "Wow. Do they work you a lot? Don't you burn out?"
"My owner let's me help out when I can, which is all the time... I like my work, so it's not bad." Caeruleus let his arms drop to his sides
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well if you like it then that's acceptable. Have you been to the theatre before? It's lovely there - with music, singing, dancing, drama..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dust ran out after Gionni. He saw Noah was in a lot of pain. "What happened?" he asked Gionni.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Remember when Erik kicked him in the stomach? Well, he kicked him a lot harder than he thought. Orion replies.
I'm afraid I would just choke him with the gas, because this is normally used on external wounds. Orion says, indicating the gas can.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The dog sat stunned at the sudden metamorphosis and the strange voice that came from it. It was hard to imagine the man he was sitting to before was this alien.
Quickly, he shook his head out of the daze and stood up. The alien had asked for his help, and as a service dog his automatic answer was.
"Yeah, of course." With a short but firm nod afterwards.
"Where did you last see her?" Avery asked.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

As Noah passed through the door, he found himself in a large hallway, full of doors and filing cabinets. He found a cabinet that said "Things that make Noah mad." pulling a piece of paper out of it, he found it to be organized in a list like manner. Lets see. People who interrupt conversations, self entitled people, when people change rules and act like they were always that way, blah blah blah, Eric moor and asking too many questions. Well that seems alright, i'll check out that door over there. Noah said as he put the paper down and walked towards the mentioned door.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Well if you like it then that's acceptable. Have you been to the theatre before? It's lovely there - with music, singing, dancing, drama..."
"No, I have never been there... The last time I went out it was only to deliver a micro memory card from my owner to a client, and today I've just been trying to find my way through the park..." Caeruleus shrugged, "I may visit that place, if I can find my way."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Have you a map in your memory banks?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Have you a map in your memory banks?"
His ears whirred as he searched, "No, it seems as though I have failed to download a proper map."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I am programmed with a map so I can give instructions and directions to patrons. But I have no way to give you a copy. My wireless connectivity capabilities extend only to my fellow ushers who are also equipped with intelli-com-chips.
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hlaoroo wrote:I am programmed with a map so I can give instructions and directions to patrons. But I have no way to give you a copy. My wireless connectivity capabilities extend only to my fellow ushers who are also equipped with intelli-com-chips.
"Do you, by chance, have a physical mechanism by which data can be transferred?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I am supplied with a connection port but not a cord. And you?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I am supplied with a connection port but not a cord. And you?
"I, as with many other computation droids, have been built with connection adapters and ports..."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

In that case, would you like a copy of the map?" Kelly tugs a section of fur on the back of her head which swings open to revel a very old fashioned port.
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hlaoroo wrote:In that case, would you like a copy of the map?" Kelly swings her tail around and unscrews the end to reveal a very old fashioned port.
"Please." Caeruleus pulled a compact cable from his wrist and plugs it into the port, readying for file transfer
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"It is a relatively large file as it it quite a detailed map and has attachments with information about the various places on there. Are you ready?" She begins the file transfer.
"My system appears to be running more slowly than yours. I am not designed for fast, complex computations. I apologise for the delay in transfer. She falls silent, monitoring the progress of the file.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

MrNeonShot wrote:Remember when Erik kicked him in the stomach? Well, he kicked him a lot harder than he thought. Orion replies.
I'm afraid I would just choke him with the gas, because this is normally used on external wounds. Orion says, indicating the gas can.
"Yeah, I wouldn't risk it." Dust replied.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I guess we should try to make him comfortable. Should we call the paramedics? Orion asks.
---
"ShE Was wAlking AwaY WiTh A PiNk CaT, i tHiNk." John points in the direction of the last time he saw them.
---
Ashe looked shocked when Wealthy suddenly disappeared into the shaft.
She was relieved when he marched back up.
Ashe nodded, then was thrown back as Wealthy shot back out.
Wealthy quickly moved Ashe on top of him, cusioning the fall.
Ashe stood back on to her feet and helped Wealthy up.
I'll jump back in, then toss me the rope.
Wealthy said, jumping in.
Ashe tossed him the rope, then prepared to climb in. Wealthy was standing right under the opening. He walked past her, with loud clunks each step. The further he climbed, the more the rope tightened.
Ashe grabbed the grate and put it back on the opening.
Then, she was pulled out of the opening and into the vent, where she also started climbing.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

A small ping announces the completion of the transfer. "The transfer was successful. I have no GPS capabilitied but I have found the map useful. I hope it helps. She reaches around her head, fumbling to unplug the port.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Caeruleus retracted his cable, "Uh... Thanks. I will visit the theatre..." he mumbled, "You have been very helpful."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You are welcome. I am programmed to be helpful. Do you know any other droids or pets here? It would be good for me to become acquainted with them.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Then lets go find her." Avery responded. His earlier awkwardness was gone, replaced with the determination to help.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

As Ashe climbed into the vents with Wealthy, she wondered whether they were as covert as he thought they were. The loud clunking of his steps might have give it away, but she just hoped no one saw or heard them going in.

"Just like the time with the gang," she mused to herself, thinking of the irony of the situation. "Never thought I'd be sneaking into buildings again..."
=======================================================

"rIGHT tHEN, lET'S hEAD oUT," John buzzed, leading the way to a wall. "sHE sAID tHAT tHEY wERE lOOKING fOR a cONNECTION pORT oN tHE wALLS, hOW aBOUT yOU sEARCH tHAT wAY--" he pointed with his limb towards the cafe; "--aND i"LL lOOK tHE oTHER wAY?"

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wealthy was struggling to keep straight, even though Ashe was small.
Rosie! Make sure to keep the alarms from going off on us. Wealthy shouted.
Even though he was struggling, he couldn't help but feel how... easy this was going. Wealthy turned his head sideways and looked from the corner of his eye. He saw Ashe looking calm, climbing up the walls easily.
Have you done this before? Wealthy asks.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Ashe was taken aback when Wealthy suddenly shouted to Rosie. "SHHH, KEEP YOUR VOICE DOWN!" she whispered urgently to him, a look of exasperation on her face,

She was even more surprised when he asked whether she had done this before, which she actually HAD. But she didn't really want to reveal her past to him just yet.

"Well, not exactly, I used to go wall climbing with a few friends of mine when I was on Earth. This is quite similar in experience," the grey cat whispered with a small smile, as they continued climbing up the vent. "Though I must suggest that you step as lightly as possible, and try not to speak too much. These vents are not exactly sound-proof, and they can transmit sound better to anywhere that they connect to," she added, hoping Wealthy would not ask how did she know all this.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I do not. I do not usually have time to socialise. Now, if you will excuse me I must get back to work."
"Of course. Oh well. Thank you anyway. I will look forward to seeing you at the theatre soon. With that the two droids part ways, Caeruleus heading back to his owner's apartment and Kelly meandering through the park, taking in the new sights and cross-checking visible landmarks with her map. Her attention momentarily distracted by a hummingbird messenger droid flying past, Kelly walks straight into a snow-white wolf cypet.
Stumbling backwards a few steps from the much bigger creature, she drops into a low bow with a small, neat flourish and one leg slightly in front of the other.
"Oh! I do offer you my most humble and sincere apologies, good sir. That was most careless of me. I do hope you aren't injured in any way." she holds the bow, awaiting a response.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters