SRP: Snow Tunnels

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hotep the psychic

Re: SRP: Snow Tunnels

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Anubis just nodded at the sudden rudeness polaris thrust on him. he then left without a word made sure he had everything with him and walked off. he then overheard jacks sudden excitement and tryed to calm him down before looking at the rabbit. he then just followed him. "so you say these crystals pay for things, is there trade between items too?" anubis asked
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

serence ice fox wrote:"yep , totally fine "
"That's good." Cryo replied. He turned toward the rabbit. "So, what did you mean by different plane?"
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

Post by Happiness Designer »

Where am I...? Quinn thought to himself. Clearly, he had to be more diligent so something like this didn't happen again. He was in a terrain he had never experienced before, and he couldn't just go running into the mouth of... something. There was a scent of bread somewhere above Quinn. He cautiously peered above the hole, just so that is anyone was there they wouldn't see him.
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

OOC: Taking minor character control here to move everyone inside.

After making sure everyone was inside, Gunthar closed the door to his store.

"Animals on par with humans? Heavens no son, the four legged non talking beasts we have here are hardly on par with humans. However, we are what's called here, humanoids, there's a difference there. And to that, we are on par with humans. Now if my friends pet cat started talking I'd think I'd be going crazy." Gunthar said.

"And yes, this has happened before, and my unfortunate self has had to great some rather idiotic adventurers," Gunthar said to Gil, "Not that you are. You guys seem to be handling yourselves pretty well."

Gunthar looked at Muiva seriously for a moment.

"Had you got here 300 years earlier, you might have had to," he said, "But today, thanks to modern technology, you should only have to wait a couple days to be teleported back."

"Calm down guy. Yes there's 'magic'. Not as you know it though," Gunthar said, "There's still little things like the fire snap that you saw me do, useful stuff. But this here realm has an old, dark, deep style of 'magic'. But yes, if you happen to learn any, you could use it."

"Yes, there's trade between goods an' services," Gunthar said to the fox, "Though that scrap you picked up would have to be melted down to be of use. Though I wouldn't melt the symbol. Those add power to the metal."

"Plane, dimension, other world, call it what you will, but yes," Gunthar said, "You are on the plane of Aarserth. Welcome! Now if you'll excuse me a moment."

Gunthar went to the back of the store to the counter where there was a door on it's right which lead to the bakery, and the rest of his house. He appeared a moment later with a tray of bread loaves.

"Your my guests, and if your hungry help yourselves, I baked these yesterday and have had no customers," Gunthar said taking one and biting into it, "Must be a monster plugging up the tunnel or the road to town."

Out in the hall, the same *chunk* noise of the spider robots could be heard. Although it could be easily told that there was more then one this time! The chunking noise reached the room outside the door and stopped. The cry of the robots could be heard through the door. Laser bolts pelted the door. Gunthar went over to it and pushed a blue button next to it's handle. The door was encased in a blue glowing shield. The bolts bounced harmlessly off as Gunthar went back to his guests. Frustrated, the robots rolled and blasted around the room outside, causing a racket. Then one stopped, sensing movement ahead in the tunnel! They rolled away North, and the group of 9 spider bots stopped at the sight of Quinn! And they all fired wildly (missing every time) at his general direction. After they left, Gunthar shuddered a bit.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Quinn peeked above the hole, the smell of bread left to be replaced with fresh air and the scent of a pine forest. Quinn could also hear the racket of robots coming towards and shooting at him!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

xhunterko wrote:"Animals on par with humans? Heavens no son, the four legged non talking beasts we have here are hardly on par with humans. However, we are what's called here, humanoids, there's a difference there. And to that, we are on par with humans. Now if my friends pet cat started talking I'd think I'd be going crazy." Gunthar said.
Alright, so this place does have humans, but I should still act like I'm not a pet, Flynn thought to himself.
And I'll need to learn some magic. This place has killer robots and I can't depend on being able to escape in a possibly closed tunnel system."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The husky sighed, taking a moment to absorb all the information.
"Best course of action would be to get to town" Gil surmised, thinking out loud. Any sort of established civilization would be better than holing up near these monsters, no matter how good the bread smelled.
"After the monsters clear out." He added. He's already been burned one too many times than he'd have liked.
He then thanked the rabbit, taking a loaf of bread for himself, he wasn't hungry yet. But seeing as he didn't know when his next meal was, the smart thing to do would be to save it. Now if only he had something to put it in...
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

The Moon Howler wrote: Then the wolf looked at Miuva and his anger quickly disappeared "As for your request, Miss Miuva, I will tell you a little secret of mine." He leaned forward, whispering quietly "I have no real name, for in our world, as I mentioned earlier, I am but a phantom." he leaned back "And because of the kindness you showed and willingness to help others, Miss Miuva..." he bowed lightly once more "... please, call me Polaris."
.......just.....a phantom....not even have a name.....? Muiva thought , not sure if she should feel sorry for the male wolf or not . To her , a name is something rather important , so to be someone without a name.....But then again , Polaris seems to be proud of his job , or at least , not having any problem with it so....eh ! Decided not to think about it anymore . the black wolf just gave a slight nod toward Polaris with a smile "very well , Polaris"
xhunterko wrote: Gunthar looked at Muiva seriously for a moment.

"Had you got here 300 years earlier, you might have had to," he said, "But today, thanks to modern technology, you should only have to wait a couple days to be teleported back."
"Ah I see , that's great to hear"
xhunterko wrote: Gunthar went to the back of the store to the counter where there was a door on it's right which lead to the bakery, and the rest of his house. He appeared a moment later with a tray of bread loaves.

"Your my guests, and if your hungry help yourselves, I baked these yesterday and have had no customers," Gunthar said taking one and biting into it, "Must be a monster plugging up the tunnel or the road to town."
"thank you" Muiva said , taking one for her own "so....if you don't mind I ask ,first why a bakery in the middle of this place and not in town ? And second , how could we repay you for all of this?" She asked , implying both the saving from the monster , the food , and information the rabbit was just giving them
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Sorry about that. I tend to be a bit excitable. Its like someone in my mind is constantly switching my settings from semi-mature young adult to giddy kid. Jack said in response to Gunthars remark. A couple of days huh? Would that mean a couple of days would pass in our dimension as well, or is time kinda wonky between planes? Also, would there happen to be anyone in that town you were talking about that could teach us magic? He turned to face the rest of the "humaniods," as gunthar called them. I'm not the only one who wants to learn magic right?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Polaris stood like a statue, his attention focused on the machines that were outside... He knew something similar to them... some designs he had to destroy a while ago.. but what he destroyed were designs of a new generation stealth smart spy bugs - no weapons or anything else that could harm anyone... This was troubling for him. This new world... this other plane... dimension or whatever it was was far more dangerous than he hoped, but so far he was expecting the worst. At least he was sure the majority of the group was fine... except that strange fox Anubis. There was something in him the wolf didn't like, but wasn't sure what.
The white wolf shook his head. It didn't matter for now. Throwing empty accusations based on personal distrust was something he knew he should and could avoid. For now he had satisfied the curiosity of the group about him, which was one less trouble. He quickly recalled his training for this kind of situations - a lone soldiers with a group of civs in unknown and quite possibly dangerous area - it was his duty to protect them until they get to a more friendly area.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Hotep the psychic

Anubis sat in a separate area on his own with the parts he salvaged around him, he had small versions of wrenchs. he took apart small parts and was now trying to re-arrange them into a more rifle looking stock. he set what he had done down and inspected the head. although split he studied the area the laser was fired from, he wrote notes into a notebook and kept thinking how it all worked, then he set it aside and picked up the panel with the Russian like symbol. "it seems very Russian, but he said it held power....what did he mean?" Anubis said a bit loudly to himself
ImageImageImage
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

Cam, still in the hole, glanced over the edge and saw two things: Several robotic creatures approaching him, and a dense forest.
"Oh my... How did those things get here?" Quinn asked himself. Out of nowhere, the robots turned and began firing lasers at Quinn. With a grimace, he quickly formulated a plan in his mind; get out of the hole, get in the forest and lose the robots inside. Quinn climbed out of the hole, exposing himself shortly, and sprinted for the forest.
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

OOC: By request, an inventory system has been set up.

ic:
The husky sighed, taking a moment to absorb all the information.
"Best course of action would be to get to town" Gil surmised, thinking out loud. Any sort of established civilization would be better than holing up near these monsters, no matter how good the bread smelled.
"After the monsters clear out." He added. He's already been burned one too many times than he'd have liked.
He then thanked the rabbit, taking a loaf of bread for himself, he wasn't hungry yet. But seeing as he didn't know when his next meal was, the smart thing to do would be to save it. Now if only he had something to put it in...
Gunthar chuckled.

"Try and put that in a pocket you have, any will do. You'd be surprised at the laws of physics here," Gunthar said, "To be more plain, any place designated as a place of storage, holds more then what it may generally seem too. No, you can't put things in a storage thing, then a storage thing in a storage thing. That's the bit of a draw back. But you should keep a max of 32 things in a storage, thing. It's a bit odd I know but those are the rules."
"thank you" Muiva said , taking one for her own "so....if you don't mind I ask ,first why a bakery in the middle of this place and not in town ? And second , how could we repay you for all of this?" She asked , implying both the saving from the monster , the food , and information the rabbit was just giving them
Gunthar waved his hand.

"Just tell folks where you got it from, your my guests and I don't have guests very often," Gunthar said, "As far as town, not just two miles of tunnels away, is a rabbit city. This tunnel, and a couple tunnels south, was meant to be a suburb and shopping district. Too many monsters for some people. But there's also a human town about 4 hours walking north here. So this is like the mid way point. Heh."
Sorry about that. I tend to be a bit excitable. Its like someone in my mind is constantly switching my settings from semi-mature young adult to giddy kid. Jack said in response to Gunthars remark. A couple of days huh? Would that mean a couple of days would pass in our dimension as well, or is time kinda wonky between planes? Also, would there happen to be anyone in that town you were talking about that could teach us magic? He turned to face the rest of the "humaniods," as gunthar called them. I'm not the only one who wants to learn magic right?
"Markus now, he'd be the one to teach you. Though I can teach you a thing or two," Gunthar said.
Anubis sat in a separate area on his own with the parts he salvaged around him, he had small versions of wrenchs. he took apart small parts and was now trying to re-arrange them into a more rifle looking stock. he set what he had done down and inspected the head. although split he studied the area the laser was fired from, he wrote notes into a notebook and kept thinking how it all worked, then he set it aside and picked up the panel with the Russian like symbol. "it seems very Russian, but he said it held power....what did he mean?" Anubis said a bit loudly to himself
Gunthar then turned his attention to the fox.

"Nay, not Russian, whatever that is. This here is Kushan. And don't your people inscribe your objects with symbols like this?" Gunthar asked.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
As Quinn ran into the forest, the spider bots fired up and out through the hole! Unable to climb through it, the screamed their cry in frustration. A little ways into the forest, and Quinn could smell the water of a deep lake ahead.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

xhunterko wrote:
"Markus now, he'd be the one to teach you. Though I can teach you a thing or two," Gunthar said.
"I'll have to take you up on that offer," Flynn said.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Gil looked from the rabbit to bread with a reasonable amount of suspicion. This bread fit into his collar pocket? Preposterous.
And to prove and reassure himself that the laws of mass, physics and the universe couldn't possibly have warped into something mysterious and new, he proceeded to stuff the loaf of bread into the earlier stated collar pocket, and.
It fit.
And upon taking it back out again he found the bread had retained the delicious smell and loafyness it previously had before entering the realm that was, Gil's collar pocket.
He would have then continued to say something intelligent or at least, intelligible, had his mouth not been too preoccupied with gaping dumbfoundly at the loaf of bread that seemed to defy all logic.

Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

xhunterko wrote: Gunthar waved his hand.

"Just tell folks where you got it from, your my guests and I don't have guests very often," Gunthar said, "As far as town, not just two miles of tunnels away, is a rabbit city. This tunnel, and a couple tunnels south, was meant to be a suburb and shopping district. Too many monsters for some people. But there's also a human town about 4 hours walking north here. So this is like the mid way point. Heh."
"oh I see , so this would've been an idea place to open business , if it weren't for those monster thingy out there huh ?" Muiva joked
xhunterko wrote:
Gunthar then turned his attention to the fox.

"Nay, not Russian, whatever that is. This here is Kushan. And don't your people inscribe your objects with symbols like this?" Gunthar asked.
"Russia is the name of a country in my world , and I'm guessing my fox friend here also came from the same world as I am , unless I'm wrong and his world also has its own Russia." The black wolf answered , then turned her attention to the mumbling fox "But anyway , Anubis right ? I think what Gunthar meant is that those symbols acted as that thing's power source of some sort . Like this for example." she said , taking out her knife , just as the sun on its' handle started to glow , while small runic symbols started to appear along its' blade , and for a split second , the entire thing was engulfed in light , resembling more of a sword made out sun light than a metal knife . But as soon as that happened , the light broke and fade away , leaving Muiva with the normal knife in her paw , and a sigh escaped her muzzle. After that ,she once again turned back to the rabbit "And about the symbols thing you asked sir , at least in my world anyway , most people don't know about that sort of stuff , only a very few knows the secret of the runes and able to use them . But that was in my world , now that I am here , maybe that doesn't apply , or at least works somewhat differently or something , because the runes in my blade doesn't work anymore , as you could see. " She muttered , but then quickly shrugged it off and got back to her normal , carefree tone "Ah well , can't do anything about that now anyway . But yeah , I hope that answers your question."
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
xhunterko wrote: "Markus now, he'd be the one to teach you. Though I can teach you a thing or two," Gunthar said.
"I'll have to take you up on that offer," Flynn said.
"count me in as well , wouldn't hurt to learn some new tricks around here"
Roarin wrote:Gil looked from the rabbit to bread with a reasonable amount of suspicion. This bread fit into his collar pocket? Preposterous.
And to prove and reassure himself that the laws of mass, physics and the universe couldn't possibly have warped into something mysterious and new, he proceeded to stuff the loaf of bread into the earlier stated collar pocket, and.
It fit.
And upon taking it back out again he found the bread had retained the delicious smell and loafyness it previously had before entering the realm that was, Gil's collar pocket.
He would have then continued to say something intelligent or at least, intelligible, had his mouth not been too preoccupied with gaping dumbfoundly at the loaf of bread that seemed to defy all logic.
"Like that" she laughed , seeing the surprised look on Gil's face "you ok there buddy?"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

So it's settled. Once the monsters are gone, me, mulvia, Flynn, and anyone who wants to come with us will head for this Markus guy to learn magic! Jack exclaimed with glee. He thought about what the rabbit said about storage and decided to try it with his hat and gems. He put the gems in the hat and was surprised to find the rabbit was right. COOL!! The storage thing works! I wonder if a sword would fit in here? He pondered that for a moment. Nah, I'm more of an axe person. Swing and spin!! He started spinning till he collided with Polaris, and fell on his butt. Um, uh, whoops? He said while staring nervously at the soldier he just rammed into. Maybe I should swing and spin somewhere else next time.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
The Moon Howler

Polaris, whom by this moment was lost in his own thoughts, suddenly came back to... whatever reality he was right now when a spinning dog collided with him. unlike the other canine, though Polaris did not move from his place during the collision. As the dog was down, the wolf simply turned around and offered a paw to help the other dog to stand up.
"Just be more careful next time." he said with a neutral tone and expression.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
Hotep the psychic

Anubis looked at the symbol. "Kushan? What the heck is that?" Upon sewing people stuff things of different sizes into the pockets anubis looked at his own bag an opened it. To his suprise the large rock climbing an hiking bag seemed almost empty. He couldn't spot much of his belongings. He knew just a bit ago his stuff was there packed to the brim and now its as if they disapeered, Anubis now more curious as foxes are oped the bag fully and began to lean inside he saw most of his stuff but wanted to try something, and as he thought with the large bag he fit his entire body inside as a cartoon character would the bag only to look the same on the outside. After taming his curiosity he climbed back out the bag and was smiling widely at what just happened. Then he started pulling multiple items out for an inventory check. All the many camping, hiking and survival gear was now on the floor neatly organized. From tools, hammers and pitons, to tents, flares, flints, and knives, to much more gear and foor and water. He now had a check list as he looke over everybit of equipment. "Flare gun, flares, and glowsticks....food an water,....pitons and rope,....kvies,flint and fire starters,....lanterns,tents,hammer......boots, climbing pickaxes, blankets, medical supplies....." anubis thought going through his list as he checked it off and neatly and organizingly put them back on, or in thw large bag. Lastly he put the robot parts into it added it to the list and held on to the rifle body he worked on. "excuse me mr. Rabbit but would marcus know how to fix the laser on the head of the robot?" anubis asked
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Cryo watched as Gil fit the bread into his collar pocket. "Wow, that's cool." he remarked. "So there are towns here? Interesting." Cryo said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Happiness Designer

Quinn turned and found that the robot things had stopped trailing him. Turning again, he sniffed and caught a whiff of what may have been some kind of water. What was it? With curiosity, he urged himself forward, but stopped. He had already seen a huge monster or something eat him, and he had no idea how he had arrived in this forest. Then the robots were there too. What other horrors awaiting him on this journey. Last time he had tried to sneak a look at something, Quinn had been seen. How about I try and find some kind of vantage point where, if anything is there, it can't get me? Or at least it will take awhile. With that, Quinn began searching for a climbable tree.
~ Colors are good. ~
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Ayep, there's towns, big cities too," Gunthar said to Cyro.

"Sorry kit, but Markus wouldn't have any idea," he said to Anubis, "Now the clockmaker south of here in the plaza might be able to. But he's a little stuffy towards visitors."

"Heh, you'll find weapons here all right," Gunthar said to Jack, watching him spin around, "You'll find some of the better ones though deeper in the mines and other deep places."

"Those that wanted to learn some magic, first things first," Gunthar said, calling attention to himself. He went over to the counter in the back and, after some rummaging of utensils, and a tapping of a keyboard, came back with a number of forks.

"Your magic didn't work dear cause I have a dampening field in my store to protect myself, it's off now cause we're gonna practice, and these are your practice tools," Gunthar said, handing a fork to each of his 'students' who expressed interest in wanting to learn some magic. Not before, however, patting Gil's cheek softly with a paw.

"I know the feeling fella, you get used to it," he said, "Now, the of you. Magic is kinda funny here. You just can't shout a word and expect a fire ball to show up out of thin air. You need to know what your doing. And since it's winter and we're in a bunch of tunnels that could go dark at any minute, I'll teach you a simple basic light spell. Copy my finger movements on your own forks exactly!" And with that, Gunthar held out his fork at arm's length. Then, starting at the bottom of the fork, pretending his finger were a pencil, "drew" with his finger an upside down question mark on the fork, tracing the symbol all the way up to the top of the fork. He took his finger off and snapped his fingers. And instantly, the fork lit up like it was a lightbulb!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In response, the trees seemed to turn away at his approach and pointing their branches, towards the water smell?

"What's the matter kid? You afraid of the lady?" Said a voice to Quinn from a nearby tree.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

xhunterko wrote:"I know the feeling fella, you get used to it," he said, "Now, the of you. Magic is kinda funny here. You just can't shout a word and expect a fire ball to show up out of thin air. You need to know what your doing. And since it's winter and we're in a bunch of tunnels that could go dark at any minute, I'll teach you a simple basic light spell. Copy my finger movements on your own forks exactly!" And with that, Gunthar held out his fork at arm's length. Then, starting at the bottom of the fork, pretending his finger were a pencil, "drew" with his finger an upside down question mark on the fork, tracing the symbol all the way up to the top of the fork. He took his finger off and snapped his fingers. And instantly, the fork lit up like it was a lightbulb!
good, nothing too physical. Working with my hands is something I've got experience in, " Flynn thought as he copied the "drawing"
once done, he snapped his fingers.
(OOC: gonna leave it up to the GM to say if it actually worked or not)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The gentle pat brought Gil back to reality and upon noticing his slack jaw, quickly closed it. Deciding he might as well put this reality to use he stored his bread into his collar pocket and took the offered fork.

The demonstration was quite peculiar and execution itself was different than he had assumed. It was neither the exclamation of a magical incantation familiar to Final Fantasy, nor the complex waving of a wand seen in Harry Potter.
But the results still yielded a great benefit.
"Let's see..." Gil muttered.
The dog held the fork in front of him, then using his finger, drew out the symbol on the fork., following it with a quiet snap of his fingers.

Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

xhunterko wrote: "Your magic didn't work dear cause I have a dampening field in my store to protect myself, it's off now cause we're gonna practice, and these are your practice tools," Gunthar said, handing a fork to each of his 'students' who expressed interest in wanting to learn some magic. Not before, however, patting Gil's cheek softly with a paw.

"I know the feeling fella, you get used to it," he said, "Now, the of you. Magic is kinda funny here. You just can't shout a word and expect a fire ball to show up out of thin air. You need to know what your doing. And since it's winter and we're in a bunch of tunnels that could go dark at any minute, I'll teach you a simple basic light spell. Copy my finger movements on your own forks exactly!" And with that, Gunthar held out his fork at arm's length. Then, starting at the bottom of the fork, pretending his finger were a pencil, "drew" with his finger an upside down question mark on the fork, tracing the symbol all the way up to the top of the fork. He took his finger off and snapped his fingers. And instantly, the fork lit up like it was a lightbulb!
Muiva did the same , tried her best to do exactly what Gunthar did , her thoughts , however , was somewhere else . After drawing on the fork , the wolf snapped her fingers as well .
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

So here magic is sort of like the symbol powers from power rangers samurai, though I'm probably the only one here who knows what that is. Jack said as he took the fork from Gunther. He looked at the fork and thought for a second, then did the spell and snapped his fingers.

The Moon Howler

Polaris looked at the strange rabbit and then at his current companions... there was nothing he could do right now but to watch them excited like children. He grew with a few stories about magic and all too, but for him it was all a well-written fantasy. Until this... sudden change of place to happen, he relied only on his abilities and the abilities of the others, concluding that the best work comes with the hard work... still he was currently in a different... place... plane or whichever name one would choose for the place where he is right now and rules were not exactly the same as on the Earth.
He turned to the rabbit and spoke
"Sir, I have a few questions about your magic. You gave the others... forks to apply their magic on. Does that mean it could it be applied to any other metal object? And if so - does it affect electronics and machinery in any other way than evil robots?"

My RP Characters
Hotep the psychic

"south huh,...could you perhaps draw up a map or so for me to use to get there?"anubis asked now more interested, although he memorized what the rabbit had done and polaris's question he thought it would come handy. then something came to mind, "hmm. now that i think about it is there a book on spells and its uses? i prefer reading as i go." anubis asked grabbing his bag with the metal plate with the russian like symbol on the outside.
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"A fork? That's an interesting tool for magic." Cryo said, pulling on his gloves before taking the fork. He followed Gunthar's motions and snapped his fingers.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Happiness Designer

Quinn heard a voice from behind him and quickly swiveled around. "Who's there?" He asked, looking around. There was no one to be seen. "What lady are you talking about?"
~ Colors are good. ~
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Only Flynn's and Jack' forks lit up. However, Muiva's nose, instead of her fork, lit up for a brief second. The other forks, did not.

Gunthar sighed.

"You must focus," he said, "Be precise, exact, concentrated. Any slip ups could result in death or worse. You were lucky. Now watch, and try again. And remember, copy everything. Movement, sound, feeling. But lucky for you travelers death only happens for you twice in this plane, from then after your banned. Now, try again."

Gunthar repeated the symbol on the fork and it lit up again. After which, he turned to Anubis.

"And what makes you think I'll so readily hand over MY books on magic so easily to a stranger?" Gunthar said to him. But then he said something else.

"If you really have a desire to learn magic in this realm and more about this realm, I HIGHLY ADVISE you ALL stay in ONE group until you see Marcus. He will be much more able to provide you with know-how and teach you some magic," he said.

Then he turned to Polaris.

"The forks are just training instruments, just what I had handy. Indeed, you could even use that piece of bread in your pocket, but yes," Gunthar said, "Offensive and defensive and augmentative, such as the symbol on the robot's spider's head there, can be applied to and affect objects and machinery. Which, is my I turned down my dampener so we could practice."
A red winged black bird flew out of the pines and landed at Quinn's feet. It shook the snow off of itself and looked up at him.

"Why, the lady of the lake of course! Everyone knows about the lady, she's welcoming and helpful to travelers, and all travelers from here know her," he said, "Unless of course, you are not from here. In which case, she'd be delighted to see you. She's rather welcoming of strangers."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Wait, you said death happens twice here?" Flynn asked. "And thee we're... banned. What exactly do you mean by that?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The dog was dismayed when his fork didn't light up, even more so when he saw two that did (this meant he was doing something wrong ), though he did experience a brief moment of amusement when he saw Muiva's nose blip. He covered a smirk by turning away and scratching the side of his muzzle in thought.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Wait, you said death happens twice here?" Flynn asked. "And thee we're... banned. What exactly do you mean by that?"
Gil snorted. "Just like a video game." He muttered. He was as interested as the cat as to what would happen after the third "death". And how are they able to "revive" after a "death" in the first place. Maybe some more wacky laws of this dimensional plane.

Gil took a deep breath, putting the thoughts aside for a moment. He held the fork in front of him once more. The dog slowly traced the symbol the rabbit had shown, followed by a quick snap of his fingers.
"Come on." He growled.

Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

xhunterko wrote: "You must focus," he said, "Be precise, exact, concentrated. Any slip ups could result in death or worse. You were lucky. Now watch, and try again. And remember, copy everything. Movement, sound, feeling. But lucky for you travelers death only happens for you twice in this plane, from then after your banned. Now, try again."
"heh , sorry" Muiva giggled "Never did anything like this before , I've always been using runic magic , so this is kinda new to me" she said , but right after that returned to practicing on the the fork , tried her best to concentrate this time
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Jack watched as his fork lit up like a Christmas tree. Yeessss, it worked!!! He looked around and saw that his and Flynns forks were the only one who light up. Wait if we need to concentrate then how come my fork lit up? The only thing I've ever been able to concentrate on is eating lunch, and even then I have a million thoughts rushing through my brain. He heard what Gunther said about being banned and thought "this is sounding more and more like some nerd role playing game." (OCC: nothing wrong with a little fourth wall breaking right?)

Hotep the psychic

"die twice then banned? that means three lives total....i better be carefull..i wonder though if it is like a video game and one rule applies" anubis thought "this is a silly question but is there ways to gain lives to further how many times you can die? and you didnt answer my other question if you can give a map of the area with who we can find." anubis asked then explained calmly meaning no disrespect in his tone.
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

xhunterko wrote:Only Flynn's and Jack' forks lit up. However, Muiva's nose, instead of her fork, lit up for a brief second. The other forks, did not.

Gunthar sighed.

"You must focus," he said, "Be precise, exact, concentrated. Any slip ups could result in death or worse. You were lucky. Now watch, and try again. And remember, copy everything. Movement, sound, feeling. But lucky for you travelers death only happens for you twice in this plane, from then after your banned. Now, try again."

Gunthar repeated the symbol on the fork and it lit up again.
"Wait, we can die twice? How does that work?" Cryo said. He then shrugged. "Okay, let's try this again. Concentrate." he said to himself. Cryo repeated the motions and snapped his fingers.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Happiness Designer

"The lady of the lake... So where can I find her? Just at the center of this forest?" Quinn looked at the bird. It seemed to be some kind of raven or crow. "And how do I know you aren't just luring me into some elaborate trap?"
~ Colors are good. ~
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Reserved
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: I'll upload a map later. Fourth wall? What fourth wall?

ic:
"Wait, you said death happens twice here?" Flynn asked. "And thee we're... banned. What exactly do you mean by that?"
"You travelers have somewhere you come from yes? Because you are not of this plane, our rules for death to not cover you. But the rules of death on your home plane do," Gunthar said, "Because you are visiting this plane, the rules of death are a bit more lenient. And if you stretch death too far, by being reckless, stupid, heroic, etcetera, then you have no respect for your life and are not allowed to return again."
Gil snorted. "Just like a video game." He muttered. He was as interested as the cat as to what would happen after the third "death". And how are they able to "revive" after a "death" in the first place. Maybe some more wacky laws of this dimensional plane.

Gil took a deep breath, putting the thoughts aside for a moment. He held the fork in front of him once more. The dog slowly traced the symbol the rabbit had shown, followed by a quick snap of his fingers.
"Come on." He growled.
And this time, it was Gil's mouth that lit up. Instead of instantly, it slowly faded. Gunthar had to chuckle.

"Mind your attitude, and what you focus on," Gunthar said, "You however, have learned how to make the magic last just a little longer then normal. Try it again. You'll get it this time." He added with a smile.
"heh , sorry" Muiva giggled "Never did anything like this before , I've always been using runic magic , so this is kinda new to me" she said , but right after that returned to practicing on the the fork , tried her best to concentrate this time
And this time, the fork lit up.

"And like they say, practice makes perfect," he said, "Try your knife again."
Jack watched as his fork lit up like a Christmas tree. Yeessss, it worked!!! He looked around and saw that his and Flynns forks were the only one who light up. Wait if we need to concentrate then how come my fork lit up? The only thing I've ever been able to concentrate on is eating lunch, and even then I have a million thoughts rushing through my brain. He heard what Gunther said about being banned and thought "this is sounding more and more like some nerd role playing game."
"Because you have without hesitation, accepted this plane without being dismissive," he said, then with a grin, "Would you like to learn how to make a fire ball?"
"die twice then banned? that means three lives total....i better be carefull..i wonder though if it is like a video game and one rule applies" anubis thought "this is a silly question but is there ways to gain lives to further how many times you can die? and you didnt answer my other question if you can give a map of the area with who we can find." anubis asked then explained calmly meaning no disrespect in his tone.
Gunthar was by now, slightly annoyed with the fox. He turned around any way to address him.

"You are not the only one in this room you know?" He said to him and made him wait a few moments.

"But let me say this, can you gain another life in the plane you are from? We can't here, so I'm assuming you can't there," he said, "There are however, rumors, certain very difficult to make potions, demonic pacts, which, you should never enter into, and certain magics that can restore your life after a death. But yes. I can draw you a map. HOWEVER. I URGE you to stay as a group until you meet Markus. Sigh. Where is that paper?" Gunthar walked over to his desk again, opened a drawer and rummaged about for a pen and piece of paper. He made some crude drawings to represent a map. On the back, he drew out some symbols as well. These looked a bit like these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Maorigodsymbols.jpg

He then walked back to Anubis and gave him the material.

"Here," he said, "As adamant as you are about going alone, I urge you to stay together in a group. You may need each other. Also, you'll notice the lake to the left of the tunnel's exit. Don't go there. The lady of the lake is nice and sweet. But more than likely she'll send you off running on some darned quest your not ready for yet."
"Wait, we can die twice? How does that work?" Cryo said. He then shrugged. "Okay, let's try this again. Concentrate." he said to himself. Cryo repeated the motions and snapped his fingers.
This time, his fork lit up.

"You see? You can do it!" He said with a smile.
"The lady of the lake... So where can I find her? Just at the center of this forest?" Quinn looked at the bird. It seemed to be some kind of raven or crow. "And how do I know you aren't just luring me into some elaborate trap?"
"Just down this path," the raven said, pointing a wing straight ahead, then the bird looked at him in the eyes, "And really, do I look like the sort of person that would need to set up an elaborate trap?" A warm summer breeze blew through the path, warming the two's faces.

"Ah, she knows your here and is eager to meet you," he said, "There is no harm in seeing the lady."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

xhunterko wrote:"You travelers have somewhere you come from yes? Because you are not of this plane, our rules for death to not cover you. But the rules of death on your home plane do," Gunthar said, "Because you are visiting this plane, the rules of death are a bit more lenient. And if you stretch death too far, by being reckless, stupid, heroic, etcetera, then you have no respect for your life and are not allowed to return again."
"so death number three's the big one. Got it," Flynn said.
xhunterko wrote:"Would you like to learn how to make a fire ball?"
Flynn's ears perked when he heard this. He needed something to use against those robots, and a fireball would do nicely.

Then the cat had a thought. He didn't want to be carrying around this fork all the time, so he wanted to try something. He pulled his lucky coin out of his hat and tried to trace a smaller version of the symbol for the light spell on it. when he was done, he snapped his fingers to see if it worked.
(Gonna Use 3 stones on the attempted light coin)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets