Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

ctcmjh

Re: Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Post by ctcmjh »

Max rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment, "I didn't mean it was 'haha funny,' I just meant that one part was kind of funny. The picture as a whole looks like it was very nice. I'm sure your Grandma is going to be very happy to see it." He said, hoping to save himself from insulting them.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Max rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment, "I didn't mean it was 'haha funny,' I just meant that one part was kind of funny. The picture as a whole looks like it was very nice. I'm sure your Grandma is going to be very happy to see it." He said, hoping to save himself from insulting them.
"I sure hope so...." muttered Vanilla. "I'm glad we only have to do this once a year. Excuse me."

She went into her own room to change. Somehow she wasn't comfortable doing so with guests over.

"So, which part did you mean, Max?" said Honey.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Max nodded to Vanilla as she left, then turned back to Honey, "Well, you had a very happy smile, and Vanilla looked like she was trying hard to be serious. It's just the contrast between your emotions was a little funny." He told her. Liz was busy walking around their house, looking at every single little decoration.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Honey shrugged. "I was singing 'Joy to the World', she was singing 'Silent Night'. Go fig."

At length Vanilla came out, wearing her regular jacket.

"You still going to wear that all day?" she said to Honey.

"Mayyyyybe."
Last edited by ChewyChewy on Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Max chuckled a little bit, "Wouldn't it get a little uncomfortable?" He asked.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Max chuckled a little bit, "Wouldn't it get a little uncomfortable?" He asked.
"Might after a few hours," admitted Honey. "But it's fun to dress up. At least it is for me."

While they were talking, Vanilla followed Liz with her eyes. "Where are you going?"
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Max nodded, "Yeah, you may be right." He said.
Liz jumped a bit, and walked back to the others, blushing, "Sorry, I get caught up looking at decorations sometimes."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Max nodded, "Yeah, you may be right." He said.
Liz jumped a bit, and walked back to the others, blushing, "Sorry, I get caught up looking at decorations sometimes."
"That's okay!" said Honey. "That's what they're there for."

After a pause, she began to sing: "Said the night wind to the little lamb...."

Vanilla sighed. "'Do you see what I see?'"

"'Do you see what I see?'"

"Come on, Vanilla, you know you love that carol."

Vanilla turned red.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Rendak

Post by Rendak »

ctcmjh wrote: Morrigan took Zappa's arm, "Indeed, M'lord." She replied as they started to walk off. She thought to Aethon, 'All is well. I've finally found a way that I can become corporeal for an extended amount of time. The process taxing, but it's worth it.' She thought.
Aethon sighed to himself, and muttered something under his breath before he thought ''That's great! Makes me jealous but great nonetheless!''
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Don't be afraid to hit me up for my skype!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Sly yawned, waking up a little late. He scratched at his ear, just to notice the 2 ring earrings that were still in...around a certain husky's teath marks. It was an accident though, besides. It didn't hurt at all now. Anyway, it seemed Alex (thier owner) was still asleep. Sly followed by getting up, and walking to Awesome's room. He fumbled about the wall, before realising Awesome still didn't have a light bulb in here. "Heya Pooch. Hope I didn't miss anything?" Sly said happily.

Awesome replied with a surprised yelp, causing him to drop a small watering can. The water began rolling down the room before awesoem managed to pick it up again. Behind him, was the sillourette of more flowers then the solo sword lily before. He put the watering can on the side, before saying to Sly: "It's still early morning. I think there's some pets out on the snow about now..."

"So what are we doing in here then? Let's go out as well!" He said, gently taking Awesome's paw in a teasing manner, and taking him outside. Awesome didn't struggle, although it was clear he didn't want to.

After a few minutes walking, Slu clicked his fingers just realising what day it is. He turned to Awesome with a slighly mischevious smile, as he said: "You know, I'm just gonna go shopping for a few mins. Do me a favor, and don't head back inside."

Awesome responded with a small nod, before allowing Sly to run off. He sighed not a second after Sly was out of hearing distance, not really wanting to stay outside. Still, he made sure to do what Sly said.

While he was still fiddling with his tags, he noticed a black and white husky sat next to a tree. Instantly, he recognised Rendak, and slowly walked over to him. Without looking at him, he slowly, and nervoudly said: [color=#00040]"Err, hello Rendak...merry chirstmass."[/color] He wasn't very sure what to think of him yet, although he had seen him more ten a coupld eof times with Sly. (in the timeskip, I'd expect.)
Last edited by 44R0NM10 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Athlon2736

Post by Athlon2736 »

Zappa smiled, "Well.... I guess I'll take that as a yes?" he asked, alittle unsure.
'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
The Father of the Atomic bomb.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Rendak looked up from his sketch and smiled, saying ''Oh hello there Awesome, how are you?And uhm by the way...is Sly's ear looking any better?'', blushing a bit at the lasy part
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Mareks took a snowball to the head thanks to the distraction. He grunted from the hit, his head recoiling like one does when their not expecting a hit. He chuckled and tossed his hands up in the air and fell down. "I'm hit!" He buried himself in snow, and started crawling back to his empty space under the snow where he had stored his snowballs. There were three left.

He poked his head up through the snow, just enough to see as he looked over to where Jackson was. Each of his hands held a snowball, and his tail gripped the other. Or more so his tail held it against his back. Once the snowball Jackson tossed landed, Mareks jumped out and ran full speed towards him. He'd tossed a snowball when he started as a distraction, planing to throw the second after Jackson finished dodging. The third... was hidden. An emergency precaution. Which apparently held no yield as he suddenly slipped on a patch of ice, losing all three of his snow balls.

He grunted as hit the ground, sliding a bit before he actually stopped. He groaned, and grabbed his arm. It hurt. A LOT. His head fur had left his face completely, making him look very different from what people would be use to. And for a moment, as it seemed his eye's were going to open, anyone looking might think they were about to see both of his eye's at the same time. He only opened one though, and slowly sat up, still holding his arm. It was numbed from his elbow down to his finger tips, but everything above that hurt. "Ow... should of watched where I was going."
Last edited by Mareks on Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Awesome rested a paw on the side of the tree, as to check if it was climbable. It seemed possible, though he didn't really want to risk it. Her gently began fiddling with his dagger tag. He faced Rendak, although kept his eyes glued to the ground. "I'm fine, it's a nice day." He began, in a calm kind of voice. After all, he knew what was happening, and everything seemed fine. "Erm...Sly's fine. You can still see the teeth marks, although the earrings take most attention. He's mentioned they hurt a little... though, I doubt it's too bad."
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Rendak blushed a bit, though smiled and said ''I was really surprised when the..accident happened....anyway I myself am fine, have anything planned for today? Also, where's Sly?''

The Game

Post by The Game »

Winter, who could only make out her name and the word cold out of Icee's French, looked confused. "Say what?"
"Said hi, and isn't it a cold day," Wonder explained, rather annoyed with her sister for never picking up the language. Turning to Icee she replied, "<Way too cold for me. I'm only out here because Winter practically dragged me out of the house. But how are you doing, Icee?>"
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

(( PM chain between Chewy and me. ))
Max smiled at Vanilla's blushing, "Way up in the sky, little lamb..." He sang, hoping to get Vanilla to sing. Liz seemed to have the same idea, "Do you see what I see?"

"Do you see what I see?"

"A star, a star, dancing in the night, with a tail as big as a kite...." sang Honey.

"With a tail as big as a kite...." sang Vanilla, her eyes starting to get misty.

"With a tail as big as a kite." Liz finished. Max noticed Vanilla's eyes were getting misty, "Vanilla, are you alright?" He asked.

"I'm fi-ee--ahem! I'm fine," said Vanilla. "Excuse me."

She pulled her hood over her face.

"It's nothing to be ashamed of, Vanilla. I think it's sweet," said Honey.

Max nodded, "Yeah, it's a beautiful carol. There's no shame in liking to sing it." Liz smiled at everyone as Max said that.

"I'm NOT ashamed of liking to sing it," said Vanilla from under her hood.

"She's ashamed of it making her cry when she does," said Honey in a non-teasing voice.

"Honey!" said Vanilla, stamping her foot.

"Sorry...but you really don't have to feel that way."

Vanilla started to leave the room.

"Vanilla, wait!" Max said, "There's nothing wrong with getting emotional because of a song. That happens to everyone." He said, with a smile, trying to get her to stay. Liz nodded.

"Have you ever been laughed at for crying at a song?" snapped Vanilla.

Wincing as though saying that had been especially painful, she whispered, "I'm sorry...."

Honey turned red with embarrassment. "You've been LAUGHED at for that? I'm sorry--I-I didn't know...."

She fiddled with the skirt of her dress, looking away as though trying to find a conversation piece on the wall.

Max smiled reassuringly, "Sorry, I didn't know. But nobody is going to laugh at you here." He said. Liz assisted Honey with looking for a conversation piece on the wall.

Vanilla noticed her sister and Liz staring in the same direction and did likewise.

"What are we looking at?"

"Oh--nothing...." said Honey.

"Well, when it comes back, let me know."

Honey snickered. "See, you made a joke."

"Don't look surprised, it's not my first time."

Liz smiled, and Max chuckled at that. Max nodded, "So Vanilla, Honey, what did you two have planned today?" He asked. Liz perked up, "Oh yeah!" She said as she ran over and hugged Vanilla, then Honey, "I plan on hugging everyone today!"

Vanilla winced as Liz hugged her. She was getting better but still wasn't quite used to being hugged. Honey participated completely in her hug.

"Awww, that's sweet!" said Honey. "Well, we're going to put up the tree and decorate it, then put the presents under it. Then tonight we're going to watch The Muppet Christmas Carol. Vanilla doesn't cry at THAT, but I do. Other than that...if we have time for anything else we might go for a walk in the neighborhood and look at Christmas decorations, if Vanilla's up to it."

Vanilla shrugged. "I'm up to it. I haven't seen this neighborhood at Christmas." She expected tackiness but would reserve judgment.

"I'm not gonna go out like THIS, though," Honey giggled, lifting the skirt of her dress.

Max chuckled, "Yeah, that sounds a lot like our Christmas tradition. Except it's the Charlie Brown Christmas special, not the Muppets one." He said. Liz nodded, "Yeah, and I get to put the Star on top of the tree!" Liz said, smiling. Max nodded, "Liz and I haven't seen the decorations yet, do you mind if we join you?" He asked. Liz giggled in reply to Honey, "Yeah, it's pretty but it might get ruined in the snow." She said, not taking comfort into consideration.

"Oh, we watch that on Christmas DAY," said Honey. "We watch The Muppet Christmas Carol on Christmas EVE, because of the song 'One More Sleep 'Til Christmas.'"

To Max's question, Honey said, "Sure! If it's okay with Dad. You don't mind, do you, Vanilla?"

"I don't mind."

To Liz's last comment, Honey said, "Yeah, good point. In this weather, this is INDOOR wear."

Max nodded, "I thought you guys meant you were going just as a casual thing. If you already planned to do it as a family, then I don't really want to impose upon that." Max said, blushing a bit due to embarrassment.

"Nonsense!" said Honey. "It's not really a tradition of ours--but sometimes we like to take a look around, and we haven't seen what the decorations look like here, as Vanilla said. If you want to come with us, of course you're welcome!"

Vanilla nodded her agreement.

"It probably won't take very long anyway," said Vanilla. "And depending on how much time we have we may not even get the chance."

Max smiled, "Well then. In that case, it would be good to join you." He said, "But if it won't take that long, I'm sure it would be easy to fit it into your schedule." He said. Liz nodded, "Yeah! And it's always a lot of fun to see the decorations! Maxie and I helped our Daddy put up the lights! We have a lot of green and red, because it's mine and Maxie's favorite colors!" She said.

"Green's Vanilla's favorite color too," said Honey.

"That's not why I like Christmas, though," said Vanilla.

"No, of course not. But it helps." Honey winked.

Turning to the others, Honey said, "I can't wait to see what you guys' house looks like!"

"I look forward to it as well," said Vanilla.

Max nodded, "So, what do you two have planned to do right now?" He asked. Liz nodded, "I'm going to hug everyone!" She repeated.

"Dad should be setting up the tree," said Honey. "He doesn't like for us to see it until it's completely up and ready to be decorated."

"Because it's artificial," said Vanilla.

"Hey!"

"You know it, I know it, Dad knows it. It isn't a real tree."

"It still LOOKS beautiful. Anyway, once it's up we're gonna help Dad decorate."

Max nodded, "That sounds like fun. Say, did you guys have any plans on when you'd give your Secret Santa gifts?" He asked them.

Honey and Vanilla looked anxious at the question.

"We're...not exactly sure how that's done here...." said Honey, looking embarrassed. "I mean, we have the gifts, but we don't know how to give them without the recipients finding out who they're from."

"We've never really done this before," said Vanilla, also looking embarrassed. "Usually we know exactly who are gifts are from, and those to whom we give gifts know we're giving them."

"Obviously we're gonna give them sometime today," said Honey.

Liz thought for a second, "Maybe we can put them all under the tree in the clubhouse, then everyone goes and gets their gift! Nobody knows who gave who what, and everyone has fun!" She said, smiling.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

"Perfect!" said Honey, wagging her tail.

Vanilla nodded. "Sounds like a good idea. But we'd all have to put the gifts under the tree at different times so that no one receiving them would know who they were from."
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Max nodded, "Liz, Morrigan and I already dropped our presents off at the clubhouse. Did you two want to hurry over there are drop them off as well?" He asked them.
-
Morrigan leaned over and kissed Zappa on the cheek, "Of course it's a yes."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Max nodded, "Liz, Morrigan and I already dropped our presents off at the clubhouse. Did you two want to hurry over there are drop them off as well?" He asked them.
-
Morrigan leaned over and kissed Zappa on the cheek, "Of course it's a yes."
"Uhh, define 'hurry'," said Honey. I can't go over there like THIS."

"I can drop mine off," said Vanilla. "I'll go alone."

Honey stared at her sister.

"Are you sure?"

Vanilla took a deep breath, then sighed. "I'm sure."
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Max looked to Vanilla, "I have some things I have to do to get the clubhouse all ready for everyone, so do you mind if I come with you?" He asked, "It's locked anyways." He said, holding up the key to the clubhouse.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Max looked to Vanilla, "I have some things I have to do to get the clubhouse all ready for everyone, so do you mind if I come with you?" He asked, "It's locked anyways." He said, holding up the key to the clubhouse.
Vanilla stared suspiciously at him. He had the key, and it was his clubhouse, but still--she'd wanted to go alone.

"I don't want you seeing my present. You don't know yet who's receiving it. For all you know it might be you."

It wasn't him, and that wasn't the only reason (or even the main reason) she didn't want him coming with her, but she tried to give some excuse. It didn't seem likely that she could go alone, not without a key, but she didn't want him around her.
PF chars

--Phoenix

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Rendak wrote:Rendak blushed a bit, though smiled and said ''I was really surprised when the..accident happened....anyway I myself am fine, have anything planned for today? Also, where's Sly?''
Awesome looked back in the direction he came, as if it was where Sly went. "...He said he was going shopping. I imagine it's about his Christmas shopping..." Awesome slowly said, before finally looking towards Rendak and sitting down. He couldn't help but take a glance at his drawing...
Last edited by 44R0NM10 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Max nodded, "Okay, if you insist." He said, handing her the key, "The key sometimes gets a little stuck. If that happens, just take it out and try again." He told her.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Max nodded, "Okay, if you insist." He said, handing her the key, "The key sometimes gets a little stuck. If that happens, just take it out and try again." He told her.
"Thank you," said Vanilla, taking the key. Turning to address all three of the others, she said, "I won't be long."

"You make it sound like you're on a military mission you might not come back from, Vanilla," said Honey.

"Hardy har," said Vanilla.

She went to get her present, then took a different exit out from the house so that the others wouldn't see her gift.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Liz waved, "Bye Vanilla! See you later!" She said smiling. After Vanilla had left, Max turned to Honey, "Hey, Honey? Has Vanilla always been so closed off like this? She seems nice, but just so reserved with her emotions." He asked, hoping not to sound rude or anything. His question came out sounding more concerned.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Liz waved, "Bye Vanilla! See you later!" She said smiling. After Vanilla had left, Max turned to Honey, "Hey, Honey? Has Vanilla always been so closed off like this? She seems nice, but just so reserved with her emotions." He asked, hoping not to sound rude or anything. His question came out sounding more concerned.
"Well...." said Honey, looking away.

She sat down on the couch and motioned for Max to sit down as well.

"She may not be happy about me telling, but--I've found it can help others to understand her and deal with her if they know. To answer your question, no. She hasn't always been like this. I still have fond memories of when we were pups--we'd play pretend together all the time, and she can be SO creative.... But--she hasn't had many friends in her time. Most other pets she's known have either been bullies who were jealous of her intelligence and picked on her to try to make themselves feel better...or users who have tried to exploit her brains for their own benefit, all the while tricking her into thinking they were her friends.... She only really had one friend back in the old neighborhood, and now she can't visit with her anymore. And Liz is the first friend she's really made since we moved here. Actually she was WORSE than this when we first arrived--and since we arrived she got worse still, what with Zappa and Zack--"

Honey clammed up. She didn't want to say bad things about Zappa and Zack, and she felt like she'd said too much already.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Max took a seat next to Honey, "I see. I'm sorry that all happened to her." He said as Liz looked outside, "Hey, I'm gonna go see what everyone else is doing!" She said as she dashed off outside. Max watched her and looked back to Honey, "I guess I can see how all that would make her feel that way. And it's a shame. From what Liz has told me of the time she spends with you and Vanilla, Vanilla actually smiles and has fun sometimes. It's a shame she can't smile all the time." He said.
-
As Liz dashed outside, she saw Winter, Wonder and Icee, "Hey!" She said as she ran up to them, "Merry Christmas!" She said, hugging all three of them.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Max took a seat next to Honey, "I see. I'm sorry that all happened to her." He said as Liz looked outside, "Hey, I'm gonna go see what everyone else is doing!" She said as she dashed off outside. Max watched her and looked back to Honey, "I guess I can see how all that would make her feel that way. And it's a shame. From what Liz has told me of the time she spends with you and Vanilla, Vanilla actually smiles and has fun sometimes. It's a shame she can't smile all the time." He said.
-
As Liz dashed outside, she saw Winter, Wonder and Icee, "Hey!" She said as she ran up to them, "Merry Christmas!" She said, hugging all three of them.
"Yeah.... She was never quite as smiley as I am, but she used to do it a lot more...." said Honey. "Now when she smiles and has fun it's a rare treat. That's really what I want Vanilla to have for Christmas. Unfortunately it's something I can't really give her...."

Vanilla looked uncomfortable as she heard Liz outside. She did her best to keep a low profile as she made her way to the clubhouse.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Rendak

Post by Rendak »

44R0NM10 wrote:
Rendak wrote:Rendak blushed a bit, though smiled and said ''I was really surprised when the..accident happened....anyway I myself am fine, have anything planned for today? Also, where's Sly?''
Awesome looked back in the direction he came, as if it was where Sly went. "...He said he was going shopping. I imagine it's about his Christmas shopping..." Awesome slowly said, before finally looking towards Rendak and sitting down. He couldn't help but take a glance at his drawing...
Rendak smiled, and added a small touch to the drawing before replying "Oh, did he say when he was going to be back?"

The sketch showed the scene in front of Rendak, the snowball fight, although not as it currently was. It showed Jackson, Zappa, and Mareks, hiding in their respective spots, Jackson throwing a snowball. It was shaded and sketched in such a way that the figures against the snow popped out, as if it were a pop-up book almost, an interesting optical illusion of sorts.

Aethon sighed, spinning the tea saucer on his finger, always bored in the morning. He thought of something and thought to Morrigan "Hey Morrigan....your powerful right? Do you think there's anyway you can break the seal on the crystal (god knows why it has a seal on it in the first place), and maybe I could finally get out of here?"

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Max nodded, "Well, hopefully this Christmas will be a happy one for her. I happen to know who got Vanilla for their Secret Santa, and I hope that the gift that person gives her will make her happy." He said.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Max nodded, "Well, hopefully this Christmas will be a happy one for her. I happen to know who got Vanilla for their Secret Santa, and I hope that the gift that person gives her will make her happy." He said.
"Really?" said Honey. "I hope so too...she could really use some happiness. Frankly...."

She motioned for him to come closer, and whispered into his ear.

"I hate to admit it, but I'm glad I didn't get her--I mean, I know better than anyone what she likes, but what she really needs isn't something material. What she needs is a friend. And I can only be so much of one because I'm so different from her...."
PF chars

--Phoenix

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Awesome was impressed by the drawing, and it showed. He seemed to keep his eyes on that, although answered Rendak after a second of thought. "He said he'd only be gone for a few minutes," He began with slight disbelief in his voice. "...I think he'll be gone for about 30 minutes to an hour though. Even then, I'm not sure where he'll be when you get back." After taking a breath, he silently muttered "Must be nice having somebody who cares about you like that..." to himself.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Max nodded, "And Liz is so different from her as well. It does help her a little to have such different friends, but she needs someone she can relate to, and that she can talk to." He said, "You know, when she left to go take he present to the clubhouse, I actually wanted to go with her so I could get to know her better, and maybe befriend her. I dunno, she just seems like someone that I would have things in common with." He admitted to Honey.
-
Morrigan thought as Aethon asked her that, 'I might be able to do that. The tricky thing with seals, is that you have to know exactly what kind of seal was used, and use the exact corresponding spell to unlock it. If I can take a look at Rendak's crystal, I might be able to find out what kind of seal it is.'
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Rendak grinned on the inside as he saw Awesome looking at the sketch, then said "Ah, well hopefully he''ll stay true to his word and be back in a few minutes.", not catching the last part of what Awesome said, which prompted him to ask "What was that? I didn't quite hear you"

Aethon's ears pricked up at the thought of finally getting out of teh crystal that was his eternal prison, and happily thought "Wonderful! I'll ask him to give it to you! I think you"ll have to come over here though."
As soon as he finished thinking he said "Daky! Would you please let Morrigan see your crystal for a bit?"

ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Max nodded, "And Liz is so different from her as well. It does help her a little to have such different friends, but she needs someone she can relate to, and that she can talk to." He said, "You know, when she left to go take he present to the clubhouse, I actually wanted to go with her so I could get to know her better, and maybe befriend her. I dunno, she just seems like someone that I would have things in common with." He admitted to Honey.
-
Morrigan thought as Aethon asked her that, 'I might be able to do that. The tricky thing with seals, is that you have to know exactly what kind of seal was used, and use the exact corresponding spell to unlock it. If I can take a look at Rendak's crystal, I might be able to find out what kind of seal it is.'
Honey stared at Max. "Yes, EXACTLY! In the old neighborhood her friend Strawberry was SO much like her! I mean, she said they had as many arguments as they did agreements, but sometimes I couldn't tell them apart! And nice as Liz is--and Vanilla thinks so too--Vanilla really does also need someone like Strawberry again."

To Max's confession, Honey's ears perked up. "Really? Well...that's really sweet of you, but I hope you're right.... Because the last thing Vanilla needs is more disappointment. I don't accuse you of having any ulterior motives, but...she doesn't make friends easily. You saw how guarded she can be. Actually I don't even think she has any male friends--the only boy she's met here that I've even seen her tolerate is Sebastian, but I don't think they're FRIENDS, just acquaintances. Plus with Zappa and Zack.... Well, I just hope you know what you're getting yourself into...and I hope you succeed."

----------------------

Vanilla turned the key in the lock. She did have a little trouble at first, but finally got it open. She found where the other gifts were, and set hers down.

Not staying too long, she then left the clubhouse and locked the door, returning home as quickly as she could.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Max nodded, "Thanks. I just don't want anyone to be unhappy, or without friends. Especially on Christmas. And I've heard about what happened with Zappa and Zack, and I don't intend on doing anything like that with her. I prefer to, well, avoid the kind of things they do, if you know what I mean." He said, referring to their magic, "So, Honey, what do you suggest would be the best way to try and talk to her? You're her sister, so you know her the best." He asked.
-
Morrigan thought to Aethon, 'Aethon, Zappa and I will be by your house to drop off something in a few. I'll take a look at your crystal then. For now, I hope this works.' She thought as she concentrated really hard, teleporting some candy into Aethon's crystal for him.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Aethon gasped lightly and dropped the tea saucer from his finger, not caring if it broke. He saw the candy, and smiled happily, automatically running over to it, and eating one. He thought (in an extremely happy voice) "I-it worked! you just sent some candy in here! I thought the seal blocked everything!"

ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Max nodded, "Thanks. I just don't want anyone to be unhappy, or without friends. Especially on Christmas. And I've heard about what happened with Zappa and Zack, and I don't intend on doing anything like that with her. I prefer to, well, avoid the kind of things they do, if you know what I mean." He said, referring to their magic, "So, Honey, what do you suggest would be the best way to try and talk to her? You're her sister, so you know her the best." He asked.
"Neither do I," said Honey. "This'll be Vanilla's first Christmas without Strawberry--oh goodness, I didn't even think of that! This must REALLY be hard on her...."

She looked out the window with a worried expression, but then smiled when he mentioned Zappa and Zack.

"You don't know how glad I am to hear that. I don't know WHAT was wrong with those two.... They didn't love Vanilla, even if they thought they did. I think they were just DESPERATE for a girlfriend and they thought Vanilla might prove a nice 'challenge', but she proved TOO challenging and not what they had in mind. The last thing Vanilla needs is ANOTHER guy to do that to her. I'm just glad not ALL boys are like that."

Her ears perked up at his last question.

"Wow...no one's asked me that before--not even Strawberry. She knew right off. Gosh, it's been so long since I first met Vanilla at the pet shop.... Well, the first thing obviously is to be patient with her. You've got to have lots and LOTS of patience, because she'll try to ward you off at first, just in case you might prove not to her liking. And DEFINITELY don't push her if she needs her space. I guess...I guess you could always strike up a conversation on a topic she's interested in, and knows something about. But you'd have to share her interest and her knowledge. You don't have to agree with her on EVERYTHING--in fact, it's better if you don't--but if you share the same interests and know enough about them, she might be impressed."
PF chars

--Phoenix

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Rendak wrote:Rendak grinned on the inside as he saw Awesome looking at the sketch, then said "Ah, well hopefully he''ll stay true to his word and be back in a few minutes.", not catching the last part of what Awesome said, which prompted him to ask "What was that? I didn't quite hear you"
"Erm, ignore me..." Awesome quickly said in response to Rendak hearing. He didn't even intend on Rendak hearing it. He moved his tail so it lied against his leg furthest from Rendak. He took his eyes off the picture, and instead looked towards the snowy area. He was hoping Rendak wouldn't ask more about what he'd said, although he had a feeling it would be asked.