Pet Friendly: Edge City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Roarin

Re: Pet Friendly: Edge City

Post by Roarin »

Trigger, sensing the rabbit's discomfort took a small step back himself, raising his hands up in surrender (at least...as best as a dog holding a sub can). A faint grin appeared on his face. "Hey hey. Not sayin there's anything wrong with it. Cause there isn't. Just interesting is all." He shrugged and looked nonchalantly at the shops, taking another bite of his sandwich."So... you own one of these places?" He asked with genuine curiosity.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"It is a mirror." Iudex said matter-of-factly, "What is it, Reno? Your words denote disbelief." the cat said, peering at his reflection in the prism, and all of the subsequent refracted images
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"Its fine, It was just a crazy thought, nothing to worry about" Reno laughed "If you want we could head back, I've had a strange feeling that someone has been watching us ever since we got here" he shook his head "And if they are I don't think its for good reason" he noted
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

D-Singer wrote:
Zaya looked slightly surprised at the mention of Cruiser. “Oh! You met with Cruiser? Wonderful, we were looking for him too earlier, but had no luck. Where did you see him...and what happened?” The borzoi began to look concerned, also curious at Marcus’s wording of how they were separated.
"Long story short?" Soren said, "we went in a building, got haunted, chased by a relative of the devil and then we got out by climbing down the side."
Construction Boots

Post by Construction Boots »

Seeing that the dog had moved back from him, he felt alittle more at easy now and it showed as his grip on the broom loosend. Inky looked around then back the way he came then back towards the dog shaking his head. "No but my owners run a bakery back up the block behind me." Inky gave a quick once over of the dog taking in as much detail as he could but his attention did hang on the sandwich for a second longer as his stomach growled very faintly. "Do you work around here?"
Ok so I'm secretly a mouse who lives in a boot. What you have never seen rescue rangers before?

Widget's stats: S- 4, P- 4, E- 8, C- 4, I- 5, A- 10, L- 7

Inky's stats: S- 6, P- 5, E- 4, C- 6, I- 6, A- 7, L- 8
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Trigger shook his head. A quiet sigh escaped his muzzle. "Nah... But I wish I did. Gettin a job would be cool...". The dog sounded somewhat wishful. He straightened back up a second later, resuming his merry demeanor. "Anyways, bakery. That sounds pretty cool. You make pastries and all that good stuff?"

Ref Ref!
Construction Boots

"Oh I see." He listened to the rest of what the dog had to say about wishing he could get a job. This caused Inky to tilt his head to one side as he just stared at the dog, shifting the broom from one side to the other now still held in both paws it now rested against his other shoulder. "Yeah my owners enjoy cooking and mostly baking things, they even taught me how to bake." At that he gave a slight blush which being as it was dark outside it would most likely go unnoticed. "Baking is something of a past time hobby for me." Saying this he looked down towards the sidewalk for a couple of seconds then back up at the dog. "Oh you had said it would be cool to get a job so why not try working for one of the shops along the strip here?"
Ok so I'm secretly a mouse who lives in a boot. What you have never seen rescue rangers before?

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Trigger nodded. "Maybe. Yeah, I'll look into it tomorrow. Not sure what kinda shops are on this street though..." The dog looked far down the street, then back the other way. "It be cool if there was a music store around here." He adjusted the large orange headphones hanging from his neck. "Selling instruments... playing some on the side..." The husky was lost in thought for a few seconds before snapping his attention back to the rabbit. He flashed a quick grin. "Blah... gettin ahead of myself there. Any job would suffice. Tomorrow, I'll make sure to look for one." Trigger went back to what the rabbit had said previously. "So, baking. A good hobby. I'd probably do that more myself. If... i was any good at it." He chuckled and raised the paper wrapper of the now finished sub above his head. "Wouldn't have to resort to trying to find a good place to eat every time I felt hunger." He crumpled it into a ball and tossed it into a trashcan that was conveniently nearby.

Ref Ref!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

razgriz wrote:
D-Singer wrote:
Zaya looked slightly surprised at the mention of Cruiser. “Oh! You met with Cruiser? Wonderful, we were looking for him too earlier, but had no luck. Where did you see him...and what happened?” The borzoi began to look concerned, also curious at Marcus’s wording of how they were separated.
"Long story short?" Soren said, "we went in a building, got haunted, chased by a relative of the devil and then we got out by climbing down the side."
I wish he was joking be he isn't. I don't know if it was some kind of prank or something but someone was definitely chasing us.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"It is true that the demons are watching us, but we should be safe." Iudex bowed theatricly, "And I am Iudex Markov, Apprentice to Lucius Markov. As such I live to please and serve. I will take us from this place if it is your wish, but hear me now, your safety is ensured. "
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno paused "Y-You make yourself sound like a slave..." he shook his head "Lets just head back ok... I don't want to put you in danger protecting me... " he smiled "If something happened to you I don't know what I'd do..." he said and hugged Iudex close
Pet Friendly:
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex shook his head, "I am not a slave. That is just how I am, now come." the cat gently kissed Reno and pulled him back to the circle from which the pair entered the world. Wordlessly iudex pulled a small silver coin from his bag and dropped to the ground, chanting a mantra and setting off a bright light. Once the light had died down, it was revealed the pets were back in Iudex's room, "We are back. What shall we do? It has gotten to be a lovely evening."
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

HarlequinRed wrote:Parker played quite well even though he had never laid a hand on the game before. He seemed to play it with the greatest of ease, not flinching at all. He did get quite mad when he was faced with the other deranged doctor who threatened Isaac with a bloody scalpel since he didn't have the means to fight back but was a bit relieved to see that instead of killing the main character he freed him and offered him a medical pack and flashlight. The Akita watched with a disgusted look on his face as the same doctor slit his own throat but he continued anyways.

"So far there's just insane people and zombie mutant things." he then chuckled as he walked through the level with the flashlight, making it to the point with the kinesis module. This part confused him a bit since he wasn't able to figure out he was supposed to lift the rods up to shoot through the glass, but once he figured that out it instantly came to him to use those very same rods as projectiles. "Finally a weapon." he muttered gratefully right as the necromorphs began to attack him.

Cruiser had just finished the last of his kibble by the time Parker had made it into another fight scene. He watched anxiously as the game character fought with the mutated zombies, attempting to not get stabbed or have his head torn off in the process.

“Excuse me...” Cruiser picked up his dish and disappeared into the other room. There were some clattering noises from the kitchen as he cleaned and put away the dish and glass.

A few minutes passed before he returned with a small laptop under his arm. He set it on the table and opened it, then ripped his DVR off the Velcro patch on his collar while it booted up, setting it on the coffee table within arms reach.

--

Seth wrote:
razgriz wrote:
D-Singer wrote:
I wish he was joking be he isn't. I don't know if it was some kind of prank or something but someone was definitely chasing us.
Zaya just blinked. She looked over her shoulder at her nervous feline friend and Plamen. “Oh, Skya, I can see Matthias and Selina sitting on that bench just up the street, Could you please go see them? We might have kept them waiting…”

Zaya stepped in a little closer to the young husky. “I don’t believe you’re lying, but you didn’t answer my question. Where is Cruiser?” Zaya’s eyes showed a mix of concern and sternness in relation to what she considered a serious question.
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

"What's that?" asked Parker mentioning the DVR and laptop without taking his eyes off of the screen. He seemed to get very into the game, effortlessly taking out enemies without really flinching at all. Once he finally got the Plasma Cutter however he smiled eagerly as he began to dismember the Necromorphs as they came at him. "This game's pretty fun." he chuckled as he began to stalwartly destroy the creatures.
Last edited by HarlequinRed on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Red or Harley, either is fine.

Characters:
(BsM)
Mason Castor: S-4 P-4 E-7 C-8 I-6 A-8 L-5
(EC)
Parker Vester: S-9 P-7 E-8 C-5 I-4 A-6 L-3
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

D-Singer wrote: Zaya just blinked. She looked over her shoulder at her nervous feline friend and Plamen. “Oh, Skya, I can see Matthias and Selina sitting on that bench just up the street, Could you please go see them? We might have kept them waiting…”

Zaya stepped in a little closer to the young husky. “I don’t believe you’re lying, but you didn’t answer my question. Where is Cruiser?” Zaya’s eyes showed a mix of concern and sternness in relation to what she considered a serious question.
"We don't know," Soren said, "unless he's got a GPS chip in his butt, we have no idea... We looked around everywhere, talked to the training center and a fair deal more... Now we're just trying to get food and to our houses before it gets dark out apparently."
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"Well... I'm not so sure as what to do now... " Reno thought for a moment "Lets go see what Luscius is up to... And I sorta wanna have a chat with him" he smiled "Just that instinct sorta guidance ya know " he chuckled
Pet Friendly:
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

D-Singer wrote:
I have no idea, do you have a phone number or some way to reach him? I'm out of ideas at this point.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Construction Boots

Pausing for a moment he tried to recall if there was a music store on this block or not but for the life of him, he couldn't remember of corse, he has never paid any attention to most of the shops in the first place. "Well I'm really not sure if there is a music store but there could be one after all there are a few shops along this stretch." Turning at the waist he looked back down the street before turning back towards the dog he is speaking with. "Please forgive me but I really must be going." It wasn't that there was someone or something behind him or least that he could tell it was just the fact that it was getting late and the closing in of the darkness made him feel dirty, so he had to clean himself and soon. So without much else to be said he turned and was walking quickly back the way he came pausing once more only to turn and call out to the dog. "It was nice meeting you. Oh and my name is Inky why not stop by the bakery sometime just looking for the one with the rabbit sign." And just like that he turned back around and was heading home once again.

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Yeah, you bet." Trigger waved and watched as the rabbit disappeared down the street "It was nice to meet you Inky. The name's Trigger." He replied quickly. The dog stood there for a few minutes longer, looking at the dim lights that illuminated the sidewalk. He gave a long sigh and rested the headphones onto his head, positioning them comfortably on his ears. "Well... guess this means I should head home too..." The idea wasn't appealing. But at this hour what else was there to do? He took another glance around him. Trying to distinguish any familiar landmarks. "Once i figure out where that is..." He shrugged, turned his phones on, increased the volume, and started walking in the direction he hoped was home.

Ref Ref!
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

D-Singer wrote:Zaya just blinked. She looked over her shoulder at her nervous feline friend and Plamen. “Oh, Skya, I can see Matthias and Selina sitting on that bench just up the street, Could you please go see them? We might have kept them waiting…”
Skya looked up the street to see where Matthias and Selia were, and quickly took note of their napping. "Alright Zaya... But... Keep your eyes open, I swear I can feel them watching us..." The cat said, walking over to the two pets cautiously.

As she stood in front of the two sleeping on the bench, Skya took one last look around, a deep breath, and then shook the figures sitting on the bench asleep, a paw on one of each of their shoulders. "Hey, are you two alright?" She said, wearing a half-forced smile as she rubbed the back of her head. "Sorry if we left you two hanging, but we needed to take a detour."
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Of course, dearest Reno! To see Master Lucius we go!" Iudex spoke in a cheery tone as he led Reno through his room's door into the grand atrium of the house. The cat pulled Reno left into a bright hallway decorated with ancient looking tapestries and candelabras. At the end of the hall there was a door covered in ribbons and papers and swaths of fabric stuck to the door with broken scissor blades or safety pins. Iudex turned to Reno and winked awkwardly, then rapped on the door a few times until it creeped open to reveal Lucius peering down at the pets with a wry grin, "Hello you two." the man stepped away from the door, "Come on in."

Iudex nudged Reno into the classy looking office without a sound, "So, Sir Reno, as I understand it, you wish to speak with me. Is this correct?" Lucius said as he sat whimsically on the edge of his desk. Iudex remained silent as he stood bolt upright next to Reno
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno cleared his throat "Yes sir but, the thing is... I don't know why... It sounds strange I know but... Something in me wanted me to come see you... " he said putting a paw to the side of his muzzle, thinking to himself for a moment "Its odd... I really don't know..." he sighed and shook his head
Pet Friendly:
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Seth wrote:
D-Singer wrote:
I have no idea, do you have a phone number or some way to reach him? I'm out of ideas at this point.
"My guess is that he's out here somewhere...or back home laughing by now" Soren said, "though, I imagine if this place is unsafe at night, we won't do him any good if we don't return to our homes..."

OOC: Anyone wanna have a spontaneous sleep over from us running to the nearest home as it gets darker and something creepy appears or something? Assuming that doesn't post pone the next-day plans too much or mess with anything...
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Lucius nodded and pulled a pen from his coat pocket, then jumping down from his perch and knelt in front of Reno, "Oh my dear guest, nothing sounds strange once you've lived my life... Now follow the pen with your eyes." the man moved the pen back and forth like an optometrist, his own eyes focusing in the corners of Reno's. Lucius withdrew his pen and stood with happy smile, "It looks like a couple of things might be drawing you here. A: Your instincts are pushing you to seek extra protection from the forces in this city. B: Your contact with the agents of sin has infected you with a desire to destroy or incapacitate one of the forms of protection that guard the city. C: You're are simply imbued with the kind of curiosity and wonderment that comes with know people like Iudex and I. Or D: Your'e so enamoured with young Master Iudex that you are either trying to learn more about him or trying to earn my approval as his owner." his voice was sing-song and light hearted, "So let us go with one of the two more mundane options until more proof presents itself to attest to the validity of the more, er... Morbid answers."

The man chuckled and patted the blushing, silent Iudex on his head, "The evidence was in the veins on the sides of your eyeballs." Lucius said, "And you really must lighten up Iudex, I thought we were past all of this timid tomfoolery.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Zaya stepped back, and her sternness vanished with a soft sigh. “Well, he was in the city with you last you were with him, right? If so, then Cruiser is probably just fine, you shouldn’t worry. Moreover, you both definitely should be getting home. We all should in fact...”

Zaya spotted the approaching lights of a city bus further up the street, probably one of the few still making evening rounds. “Please, before we go...tell me which building you last saw Cruiser?”

--

“How the heck’s he doing that?” Cruiser wondered as Parker effortlessly played his scariest game. “Oh this? It’s just my security camera...not much. Just sorting out what’s on the memory card.” He lied again. Cruiser was actually checking to see exactly what happened during those horrifying moments he was trapped in the building with Soren and Markus. He’d been anxious to do so since the moment he got out of there on one piece.

the shepherd uncoiled a small USB cord and connected it from his laptop to the DVR. A startup screen appeared. “Hey Parker, I’m feeling pretty generous tonight. If you’d like, you could crash here while my dad is out. It’s actually kinda rare for me to have overnighters with other dogs. You could beat that insane game, and we could watch something cool later.”
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

"Generous eh? Well alright sounds fine with me." chuckled the Akita as we played through the game, easily dispatching anymore necromorphs that came with him. THe game scare him as much as it did annoy him since when he was ambushed he cursed a little wanting the ability to dodge or roll out of the way instead of taking the time to run away. He was fine with staying with Cruiser however since it sure did beat staying at home with his own thoughts. He then chuckled again as he thought about beating the game. "Heh at this rate I might just do that." he laughed as he apparently made it to chapter four.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"My instincts just kicked into over drive when we went to the other world, you're probably right"Reno smiled and stretched a bit "And again I thank you for your hospitality in letting me stay" he nodded "And as for your approval, you told me when I got here you where ok with it right" he giggled
Pet Friendly:
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

In all honesty, Cruiser was simply trying to avoid being left home alone for the night. Just in the event anymore strangeness took place, he would not be left completely on his own. The fact Parker was a police dog just added to the sense of security.

Once the camera’s video file contents were opened on his laptop, Cruiser immediately noticed something strange. There were at least a dozen video clips in the file. He didn’t recall having any old footage left on the data card, and he could have sworn the incident involving the abandoned building lasted no more than an hour.

His camera divided video footage into separate files for every thirty minutes it recorded. So where in the world did the additional five hours of data come from?The perplexed Dutch Shepherd clicked on one of the additional files, hoping to get some logical answer.

*ERROR*
*Unable to play -MOV.111111-*
*File is incomplete or corrupted*

“............”

Maybe it was just a glitch in the memory card…or something like that. Cruiser attempted to play several more of the excess video files, all of which indicated the same error message. He made an annoyed sigh and leaned back against the couch for a moment.

Cruiser fruitlessly began to attempt opening each file in order, from the bottom of the library list up, looking more frustrated with each error pop-up.
Last edited by D-Singer on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

"Making home movies or something?" asked Parker in a bit of a distracted tone as he continued to power through the game with ease. So far he had purchased the Pulse Rifle and the Ripper and he was tearing through the Necromorphs as if they were nothing. The Akita was really unafraid of the game at all and he just seemed to be pretty bent on completing it. He laughed at a few parts and smirked cockilly too as he played, completely fearless as he advanced in the story. The Akita then looked over at Cruiser's screen briefly. "I think it's broken." he then said even thought that was already clear.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Lucius nodded thoughtfully, "Ah yes, I did say that, didn't I..." Iudex nervously cracked a smile and spoke, "Very sorry, Master Lucius. Shall I retrieve a spare cot?" the cat asked, eliciting a nod from his owner.

Iudex turned to Reno, "If you have more to speak of with Master Lucius, please remain. I must gather another bed for you. I'll meet you in my room, remember, the door to the attic is beneath the grand staircase.." with that, the cat scurried off to some unknown location in the manse
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"Wait I was gonna..." Reno began but Iudex was already gone "Share a bed..." he sighed, and looked back over to Lucius "Lucius... I'm gonna get Iudex to get out a little more... If its ok with you..." he smiled and blushed in a sudden realisation "I hope you don't mind my comment about the bed" he said nervously
Pet Friendly:
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Lucius laughed heartily, "Of course, that is a capital idea! It'll be good for him. He really must stop being so wrapped up in his studies, always taking things too seriously." the man looked down to Reno with his usual grin, "And no, I don't mind, that's a sign of a good partner, Iudex was just being polite." Lucius ruffled the fur on Reno's head fur, "Everything should be set up there by now, go on young one. I'm glad for the two of you." he winked and politely shooed Reno out if the room, "Please enjoy your stay." he said as he receded into his office.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"Y-yes sir, talk to ya later! Reno managed as he was shooed "Now lets see Iudex's room was..." he thought for a moment, laying out a mental map "Now I remember" he smiled and made his way there.
Pet Friendly:
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Leafolawl wrote:
D-Singer wrote:Zaya just blinked. She looked over her shoulder at her nervous feline friend and Plamen. “Oh, Skya, I can see Matthias and Selina sitting on that bench just up the street, Could you please go see them? We might have kept them waiting…”
Skya looked up the street to see where Matthias and Selia were, and quickly took note of their napping. "Alright Zaya... But... Keep your eyes open, I swear I can feel them watching us..." The cat said, walking over to the two pets cautiously.

As she stood in front of the two sleeping on the bench, Skya took one last look around, a deep breath, and then shook the figures sitting on the bench asleep, a paw on one of each of their shoulders. "Hey, are you two alright?" She said, wearing a half-forced smile as she rubbed the back of her head. "Sorry if we left you two hanging, but we needed to take a detour."
"Quite the detour that was." Plamen simply commented and continued to look around silently with his arms crossed on his chest, yet still focused on the nervous Skya, ignoring the conversation between Zaya and the two she was talking about.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex jumped as his door creaked open, "Oh, there you are Reno. I hope you enjoyed your chat with Master Lucius." the cat walked up to and hugged Reno. Iudex pointed to the massive, lavishly made four-poster bed that stood next to his own, modest mattress and quilt, "I am sorry for running from the room, what were you going to say?"
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"I was gonna tell you not to worry about the cot because we can share your bed and that we're going out on a date tomorrow..." Reno smiled "If thats alright with you of course" he blushed and hugged Iudex close
Pet Friendly:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Selina woke up slowly and looked around. "Did... did I just sleep on a bus stop bench?" She then looked down at Matt. "hmm. I haven't slept with Matt for weeks. He does make a great pillow. About as smart as one, too."

She then became aware of a headache she had. She grabbed her head with her paw as she remembered she'd had some strange dream. She couldn't remember much, just that it was not fun.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Blearily, Matthias awoke, yawning and stretching slowly. He ached all over, which probably had something to do with the fact that he'd dozed off sprawled haphazardly over an old wooden bench by the bus stop. He blinked a few times, slowly shaking his head and trying to clear his vision. He didn't remember falling asleep, or even being especially tired - adrenaline had kind of precluded that. Yet here he was.

Slowly, as Matt really regained consciousness, he became of something warm and fluffy moving by his side. He tilted his head up to see Selina resting her head on his belly. "Oh hi, Selina," he mumbled. He yawned again. "Wha' time 's it?"
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex's ears swiveled in shock over Reno's statement, "Sh-share a bed? I... I don't know what else to do but comply, that sounds lovely, if not a small bit intimidating." the cat led Reno over to his bed and sat down on the stiff mattress, pulling his mate down as well, "What is this about a date, where are we going? And are you sure that you won't be more comfortable on that, er... More lavish bed?"
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"I'm comfortable as long as I got you, and we could just share that one instead" Reno giggled "And as to where we're going, nowhere in particular, just spend the day together... I hear the carnival is coming to the city tomorrow, we could go there. Whatcha think?" he smiled sweetly
Pet Friendly: